Shrunk Harry for Two Days by MiuBlaze
Summary: Harry has been shrunk (with Neville's help) by a potion. Now Dumbledore declares that he must stay with Snape until the counter potion is made. What mischief will Harry get himself into? Crackfic!2010 Challenge Fest Entry. Response to the Shrunk Harry Challenge by Jan_AQ.
Categories: Teacher Snape > Professor Snape, Misc > Strictly Canon Universe, Fic Fests > #11 Challenge Fest 2010 Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco, Hermione, Ron
Snape Flavour: Canon Snape
Genres: General, Humor
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe
Takes Place: 4th Year
Warnings: Profanity
Prompts: Shrunk Harry
Challenges: Shrunk Harry
Series: None
Chapters: 5 Completed: Yes Word count: 4728 Read: 17161 Published: 05 Jul 2010 Updated: 05 Jul 2010
Story Notes:
Many thanks to Yvette for beta-ing this fanfiction. Thanks Yvette!

My very first Harry Potter fanfiction ever! Loved writing this (Harry is very, very, very fun to write. Of course…Draco is awesome to write out too!) and I hope you have fun reading it!
Chapter 1 by MiuBlaze

"Today we'll be brewing a Shrinking Potion, which if you dunderheads were competent enough to do yesterday's reading assignment, you'd have read about. For those who were too dim-witted to do it, a Shrinking Potion is useful for shrinking objects when you are without a wand. The instructions are on page 92, get going!"

Severus Snape was his normal self, living off of tormenting students. Yup, all that good stuff.

Harry groaned, he didn't see the point of doing something that he knew he would be terrible at, anyway.

"Potter! Does the Boy-Who-Lived need someone to beg him to do his work? 20 points from Gryffindor!"

Harry scowled, but took out his ingredients and started to follow the directions.

"Finnigan, how many newt eyes does the potion require? Odd, only two? By the way you were dumping it in, I'd have thought it required an entire handful! 10 points from Gryffindor!"

Snape had begun his rounds of criticizing the Gryffindors' work and complimenting the Slytherins' work.

"Mr. Zabini, the color of your potion is perfect. 10 points to Slytherin" Blaise Zabini's potion was turquoise blue.

"Mr. Weasley, it said to turn counter-clockwise 8 times, did it not? Then I assume that you've decided to brew a potion where you stir 20 times clockwise! 15 points from Gryffindor!"

Harry took one look at his cauldron and winced. It was neon green.

Snape walked to the front of his desk, "Potter! Which part of 'add one lacewing fly' was too difficult for you to comprehend? 10 points from Gryffindor!"

He turned to Neville's cauldron, which was filled with a bubbling black concoction, "Longbottom! Take a zero for the day and leave!"

But as Neville made his way to the door, he tripped and crashed into Hermione's cauldron, which tipped over and splashed the finished potion all over Harry.

"Harry!" Neville gasped.

"Harry!" Hermione cried.

"Harry!" Ron yelled.

"Potter!" Snape bellowed.

'Why are they shouting my first/last name?' thought Harry. Seeing everything getting larger, 'Oh, that's why'.

He had shrunk to be three inches tall.

Snape turned to Neville, "Longbottom!"

'Hey, you're supposed to be shouting MY name, not his!'

Neville turned to face the Potions Professor with great fear, "Y-Yes, sir?"

"Get Madam Pomfrey, now!"

Neville rushed off, crashing into the wall on the way.

Snape turned his attention to Harry, "If you are harmed, Potter, you may state so and I will gladly finish the job. No? Unharmed? Very well."

Harry, being on the ground, crossed his arms and muttered about Potions Professors and their git-like personalities.

The Potions Master raised an eyebrow, "Excuse me, Potter? I don't believe I quite heard that. Care to repeat it again?"

Harry shook his head. Ron bent over to pick him up, and Harry turned to face him, his expression clearly saying, 'How did he hear me when I was all the way down there?'

Ron shrugged, "I don't know, mate. I don't know. Besides that, are you ok? How are we supposed to get you back to full size?"

Harry nodded, "I'm fine," his voice sounded oddly squeaky.

Draco Malfoy snickered, "Harry Potter sounds like a bloody mouse!"

"Ignore him, Harry," Hermione said.

At this moment, Madam Pomfrey just burst through the doors, "Where is he – oh my goodness! Harry, you're…small!"

Draco snorted and muttered, "Thank you for stating the obvious."

The nurse acted as though she hadn't heard the blond and casted a series of diagnostic spells, but found nothing wrong.

"Well, you're as right as rain. You're just lacking some much needed height," she ignored Draco's chortle and turned to the professor, "Do you have the counter potion?"

"Unfortunately, I don't. And it takes two days to brew."

Right about then, the Headmaster strolled in, "Severus, my boy! I hear that Harry's been turned miniature?"

"The evidence is in Mr. Weasley's hand. Longbottom found it necessary to spill Miss Granger's potion on Potter."

Dumbledore's eyes twinkled, "15 points to Gryffindor, Miss Granger, for a well-made potion."

Snape gaped at Dumbledore, "Have you finally lost your marbles, old man? Your beloved Golden Boy has been reduced to the size of a Snitch and all you can do is award points?"

'Erm, did you just say BELOVED Golden Boy? That is just so wrong! You don't go around accusing people of pedophilia!'

"Now now, Severus, I just find it needed to give rewards where it is due. Care for a lemon drop, my boy?"

"Not a chance. Now, what do you propose we do about this matter?"

Dumbledore's expression turned thoughtful, "Severus, you can get started on brewing the potion. We also need someone to look after Harry. McGonagall's a tad busy with Deputy Headmistress duties. I am not able of doing it. Poppy certainly can't do it, since she has too many patients to look after. I guess that leaves us with you, Severus."

Snape sputtered, "Me? Why, for Merlin's sake, would you pick me, the bat of the dungeons, to play babysitter to Harry bloody Potter?"

'Hello? I'm right here, dammit!'

"My boy, you'd only have to look after the boy for two days. And you pay such attention to detail, so it'd be simple to keep an eye in him."

The professor sighed, "I suppose nothing I say will get me out of this?"

'Am I really that terrible?'

The Headmaster smiled, "I'm afraid so, Severus."

'Apparently, I am.'

Snape grumbled and nodded, "Very well."

Dumbledore smiled again and tried in vain to convert the Potions Professor to the ways of the Twinkle Eyes. Not allowing this to upset him, he turned to Harry,

"My dear boy, I imagine you have questions about your situation. Well, ask away!"

'Sure, how come you call BOTH Snape and me "my boy"? Do you know something I don't know?'

"How will I get to classes?" 'The door is too far away!'

"Let's see, you can take two days off, and Granger can take notes. You will eat in the Great Hall. Your seat will be where it was, but it will look like a…high-seat, is that what you call it?"

"No sir, it's a high chair."

"Aah…interesting."

"Quidditch practice?"

"That shouldn't be a problem. Your mode of transportation for the next few days will be your broom!"

"Headmaster, you must've gone mad!" Snape shouted.

"Nonsense, my boy, it's perfect!"

"Sir, where will I sleep?"

"In Professor Snape's quarters, of course!"

Harry stood on Ron's palm, gob smacked, 'I can't believe I'm agreeing with Snape, but you've really gone barmy!'

Apparently Snape also found fault in this, "MY quarters? The spawn of Potter? Never!"

"Now now, he's also Lily's child."

'Are you implying that I'm a mama's boy?'

"Impossible to believe, but yes, I know. Fine, he'll sleep in my quarters."

'And the greasy git surrenders'

"Splendid! Now, Harry, go with Professor Snape to get settled in."

Snape opened his mouth in protest, but then closed it in submission, "As you say."

He pulled out his wand, "Accio Harry Potter's Firebolt!"

5 seconds later, Harry's broom came whizzing in. Snape cast a shrinking charm and handed it to Harry.

Taking it, Harry asked, "How will I get it back to its normal size, sir?"

"A simple 'Finite' would do the job, Potter," Snape waved his wand at Harry, "Insisto Mihi!" At Harry's questioning look, he sneered,

"Your Latin needs terrible improvement, Potter. I merely casted a following charm. Now you can't wander off on the way, the spell makes sure of that. Come along," Snape turned to the class, "Well? Get going! Dismissed!" he stalked out of the room.

Harry stood there for a while in bewilderment and felt a sudden pull. Quickly mounting his broom, he muttered, "I'm coming, I'm coming!" before taking off.

Leaving the room, he saw Snape's robes billowing before they disappeared behind a corner. Sighing, he sped up a little. As he approached the stairs to the dungeons, he had a thought and with a mischievous grin, he sped up even more. Just before hitting Snape's head, Harry took a sharp turn to the right. Then he tilted the broom upwards and proceeded to fly in a spiral path around the professor.

"What on earth-Potter!" Snape reached out a hand to grab the young Seeker, but Harry swiftly broke out of the spiral and zipped to the door labeled, "Professor Snape's Quarters." He stopped and caught his breath, heaving great gasps.

He turned around to find a pair of obsidian eyes glaring at him, "Exactly what did you think you were doing?"

"Umm…," Harry froze. He'd completely forgotten that this was Snape he was with.

'I suppose that's what flying does to me'

As if he could read minds, Snape entered his quarters and said, "See that it doesn't happen again. 10 points from Gryffindor."

'You just love taking points, don't you?'

He went inside and saw, to his astonishment, that it looked normal! Other than some of the books in the bookshelves, not a single thing was green!

The professor, seeing his gaping face, raised an eyebrow, "Stop floating there like a nitwit, a fly your size might come to offer its greetings."

Harry blinked, 'Oh dammit! I forgot that the bugs are going to look huge now! I wonder what the dust will look like.'

"Potter, you're still floating."

Harry started, "Oh…sorry," he landed his broom at a nearby table, but stood there with a spaced out look.

"Potter, I have no desire to watch you brood and I-"

"Sir, do you have any dust?"

The End.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2193