Death Walk by snapeswidow
Summary: Snape appears to Harry when he goes to his death.2010 Challenge Fest entry. Response to Death Walk by ObsidianEmbrace.
Categories: Misc > Strictly Canon Universe, Snape Equal Status to Harry > Foes Snape and Harry, Teacher Snape > Professor Snape, Fic Fests > #11 Challenge Fest 2010 Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required)
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: General
Media Type: None
Tags: None
Takes Place: 9 - Post Epilogue (middle aged Harry)
Warnings: Profanity
Prompts: Death Walk
Challenges: Death Walk
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 582 Read: 3183 Published: 11 Jul 2010 Updated: 11 Jul 2010
Story Notes:
This is my first fic so PLEASE bear with me people.

1. Death Walk by snapeswidow

Death Walk by snapeswidow

Harry closed his eyes and turned the stone over in his hand three times. He knew the exact moment it happened, because he heard a slight movement, like a frail body shifting their weight and a slight rustle of robes.

Harry opened his eyes and looked at the man in front of him.

Severus Snape.

Harry couldn't believe that this man was the same person who had made his life miserable for the past six years. Snape looked so much younger without the greasy hair and sallow complexion. Snape's hair was clean and actually had waviness to it.

"Is it not enough that I had to put up with you for the last seven years, Potter, that you feel the need to pester me in death as well?" Snape asked with his trademark sneer.

"I just wanted you to know that I'm sorry I got you killed." Harry said.

"You weren't feeling so sentimental last time we were face to face Potter. If my memory serves me correctly you were trying to hex me." Snape replied.

"I thought you were a murderer…."

"Harry potter can think?" mocked Snape. "One wouldn't believe that if they saw you in Potions class."

"Will you just shut the hell up and let me finish!" Harry nearly shouted.

"Such cheek Mr. Potter," Snape said with a shake of his head.

"Gonna take Points?" replied Harry. "Oh wait, you can't because you're dead.  Which brings me back to what I was trying to say before you rudely interrupted me. I didn't want you to die."

"We all have to die sometime, Potter." Snape replied, with a shrug of his shoulder.

"I know that, Professor. It's just that I'm tired of people dying because of me."

"I did not die because of you, Potter." Snape said. "I died because Voldemort had no more use for me. I was nothing but a pawn in this game of his. We are all pawns to Voldemort."

"I'm the biggest pawn in this damned game, Professor." Harry replied with a snort.

"Indeed you are." Snape replied with a snort of his own.

Just then a cold breeze that seemed to come from the Heart of the forest blew the fringe off Harry's forehead.

Snape turned towards the direction the breeze came from.

"It's time Potter."

"Will you walk with me professor?" Harry asked, suddenly feeling scared.

"If you want me to."

Harry set off into the forest, not knowing exactly where Voldemort was, but sure he would eventually find him. He didn't know how long he walked, but all too soon could hear faint whispering and what looked like fire up ahead.

Stopping a few yards from the clearing Harry turned once more to Snape.

"I want to thank you Professor."

"For what?" asked Snape, furrowing his brow.

"For always saving my arse all these years." Harry said with a faint smile.

"If it wasn't for that bloody Gryffindor Bravery of yours, I wouldn't have had to save your arse quite as much as I did."

"I wouldn't mock the 'Gryffindor Bravery' if I were you Professor." Harry said using his fingers to air quote.

"It took more bravery than any Gryffindor in the history of Hogwarts to play the role of double agent so well, Professor."

"It was Slytherin cunning that helped me play my part Potter." Snape drawled.

"Keep telling yourself that professor." Harry replied. "You would've made a great Gryffindor, Snape." And with that parting shot Harry stepped into the clearing.

"And you would've made a great Slytherin, Harry." Snape whispered

The End.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2204