Sword of Slytherin by Lady Lanera
Summary: Following events in "Summer School," Harry starts to dream of black misty creatures and Voldemort and his Death Eaters, who are all searching for the fabled Sword of Slytherin. What does all this have to do with his new mum and baby sister, though? Join Harry and his friends and family as they unravel Slytherin’s deadly secrets during Harry’s fifth year.
Categories: Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco, Original Character, Sinistra
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Family, Humor
Media Type: None
Tags: Adoption, Alternate Universe, Vampires
Takes Place: 5th Year
Warnings: Profanity, Romance/Het, Violence
Challenges: None
Series: Ties that Bind
Chapters: 18 Completed: Yes Word count: 92454 Read: 57393 Published: 23 Aug 2010 Updated: 09 May 2011
Unsettling Dreams by Lady Lanera
Author's Notes:
Starts out fluffy before getting serious. Enjoy. :D

Also, it might be confusing with the different names used for Snape's future daughter, so I apologize in advance.

The dream starts out the same as usual. I'm playing in the annual Quidditch game against Slytherin. Draco keeps bumping into me in attempts to reach the Snitch before me, but I'm outmaneuvering him with wicked moves that I know I can't attempt in real life. I don't know how, but my hand suddenly grasps the Snitch, and the game ends with yet another Gryffindor victory. I'm grinning widely as Draco growls next to me.

"I about had you that time," he grumbles.

"Sure you did, Dray," I drawl with a loud laugh. "And you weren't up in the Astronomy Tower last night snogging Hermione." I watch his face flush slightly. "No worries. I doubt anyone even noticed except me. You are being safe with her, right?" I immediately roar with laughter when he kicks the end of my broom.

"You're looking for that arse kicking, aren't you, Gryffindor?"

"Oh, like a sneaky snake like you could kick my ass," I reply, grinning widely. "After all, I might just let it slip to Mum and Dad about your so-called study sessions in the library."

"If you even so—"

"Yeah, yeah, I know," I say, laughing. "You'll make my life a living hell. Then again, you do that already so that's not really a threat."

"Oh, ha, ha, little brother, you're so funny," Draco snidely snaps as we both touch down on the ground. He then pats me on the back roughly, which bucks me forward slightly. "Good catch, but I had you throughout most of it."

"Whatever lets you sleep at night," I drawl, ducking into the Gryffindor locker rooms. I emerge a few minutes later after my quick rinse off. I've spiked my hair up because I know it makes my little sister giggle like mad. Plus, I know it pisses Dad off, and I can't make his life easy. Where would the fun be in that?

"Harry," a squeaky little girl with blond ringlets yells before launching herself at me. "Daddy said a bad word when you got it."

I glance towards Dad while picking my little sister up off the ground. He looks relaxed, but I can see the disappointment at the loss. Then again, his only daughter is also wearing Gryffindor war paint on one side of her face so maybe that's it. I kiss her cheek and ruffle my hair so the little beads of water drip on her. Her giggles increase into shrill sounds, which I notice makes Dad wince slightly.

"Stop it, Harry," she squeals through her loud giggles.

"I thought I heard a little howler monkey out here," Draco says as he emerges from the Slytherin locker room. He rolls his eyes at us.

"Help me, Draco," she squeals, still giggling like mad.

"Help a Gryffindor, sorry, Angel, it goes against the code," he replies with a serious face.

"But . . . but I'm not!" she says with a pout. Her little blond head then whips towards Dad. "Daddy, tell 'em that I'm not a yucky Gryffindor," she whines.

"And just why would I do that?" Dad drawls with a soft smirk.

"Cause you wuv me," she replies stubbornly.

"I don't wuv you."

Within seconds, Angel's eyes turn into big brown puddles before she lets out a wail right next to my ear. I grit my teeth and try to calm her down, but she refuses my attempts. Then again, Dad did just mock a poor little four-year-old.

"Give her here," Dad says, holding his arms out. He scoops Angel out of my arms and settles her on his hip. "I love you. I don't 'wuv' you. I know you can speak properly."

Draco and I stare at him in disbelief. He's treating her as if she's one of his potions students. I sigh heavily and shake my head. Hopefully, I don't inherit his parenting skills.

"Dad, she was just trying to be cute."

"I'm well aware of her intentions, Harry, but she does not need to lower herself to an idiot to be cute." Angel's wails increase tenfold within seconds.

"Oh, sweetheart," Mum says, quickly walking over in her crimson robes. "Severus, release her." A few moments later, Mum's holding poor Angel. "I know, love. Daddy's a big evil bat."

"I was merely pointing out—"

"Severus, if you value your life, you'll shut up," Mum responds giving him the 'mess with me and you die' look. She gently runs a hand down Angel's back as the poor girl's sobs turn into hiccups. "Shh, sweetie, Mummy's here." Mum glances at Draco and me. "It was a good game, boys. I take it, though, that you're going back to your common rooms for the evening?"

"Well, yeah, Mum, I've got to celebrate that beating we gave Slytherin, while Draco has to lick his wounds," I say, laughing. When the blond Slytherin shoves me, I shake my head in amusement. "What do you say, Angel, you want to party with the winners?" Her head immediately turns towards me, and she sniffles slightly.

"Harry, the Gryffindor common room is no place for a four-year-old."

"But Draco's taken her in the Slytherin common rooms for a victory party before," I argue.

"He did what?" Dad and Mum both exclaim.

"Thanks, little brother," Draco mumbles, glaring at me.

"Please, Mummy, can I go with Harry? I'll be good. I promise. Please, pretty please," she begs.

"You'll watch her?" I nod instantly. "All right," Mum sighs, handing Angel to me. "Guard her with your life, Harry. And do remember that four-year-olds are tattle-tales." I only scoff.

"Come on, El." I then carry my little sister off towards the huge castle. I notice Draco next to me. When we're out of earshot of Mum and Dad, I say, "You could probably get away with saying that Mum only let Angel stay with us if you were with me because they don't trust me."

"Nah, it's all right. You'll tell her I said hi, though?"

"Of course," I say, laughing. "You want me to send her your way, Dray?" He shakes his head. "All right, well, we are gonna go party like rock stars then. Aren't we, El?" She giggles before nuzzling deeper into my shoulder. "What do you think Dad will do if I bring her back decked out in complete Gryffindor attire?"

"I'll probably have to attend my little brother's funeral," Draco jokes. "Keep our idiot Gryffindor brother out of trouble, Celes, will you?" he says, grinning towards Angel before gently kissing her cheek. "You remember the password for the Slytherin common room, right?" She nods instantly. "All right, well, if Harry gets too crazy or if the noise bothers you, just ask the Baron or that Gryffindor ghost to bring you down to the dungeons."

"Good night, Draco," Angel innocently says before briefly hugging him.

"Night, Celes." Draco then walks off towards the Slytherin dorms as soon as we enter the castle.

The walk up to the seventh floor is rather long because Angel's giving me a play by play of the game in my ear. I only nod and respond with 'oh really.' She's definitely a very talkative little four-year-old. Dad jokes that she gets that from Mum's side of the family. However, we've all learned that she has Dad's temper.

"Password?" the Fat Lady says from her portrait, staring at Angel.

"Gryffindors drool," Angel innocently replies, which makes me snort.

"You've been spending too much time with Dray, El." I then say to the Fat Lady, "Gryffindors rule." When the portrait swings open, I quickly walk in with Angel still in my arms. We can hear the loud rambunctious group celebrating inside already. Before we enter the common room fully, I stop and glance at the little girl in my arms. "If you want to go down and see Dray tonight, just tell me and I'll take you down there, okay?" She nods instantly and hugs me tighter.

"Okay, Harry," she softly answers. "Can I have some chocolate frogs?"

"Well, as long as you don't tell Mum or Dad, El," I respond, grinning. Draco and I usually sneak sweets to her when Dad and Mum aren't around. She's rather funny when the sugar kicks in. She starts to remind me of a cross between Flitwick and Hagrid. Her personal favorite candy is Dumbledore's lemon drops, though, so Draco and I try to keep her from him at all times. She's positively scary then because she starts to speak really squeaky and giggles madly to herself when no one has said anything.

"Course not, Harry," she says before kissing my cheek, "I wuv you."

"I wuv you too, El," I reply, laughing before we walk into the common room. "Hey, guys, look who I got with me tonight." Angel starts to giggle in my ear.

"If it isn't our little—"

"Good luck charm," Fred finishes saying. "What do you say, Prince?"

"Gryffindor drools," she answers, grinning widely.

"She's definitely been with Malfoy too long." Fred then holds up a familiar box. "Gee, I wonder what this could be. What do you reckon it is, George?"

"Frog, chocolate frog!" she squeals in delight, nearly leaping from my arms towards it.

"Ah, so it is. Would you like the chocolate frog?" Angel nods feverishly. "Then you're going to have to say the right thing, Prince." She gives the twins her best puppy dog impression. "Nuh-uh, come on, let's here you say it."

"Slytherin drools," Angel softly whispers. Her warm dark eyes that she has inherited from Dad instantly light up in excitement when Fred hands the chocolate frog to her. Angel quickly grabs it before glancing towards me. "Harry, you won't tell Daddy. Will you?"

"Never," I reply, setting her down on the ground. She instantly runs towards the couch where George is sitting and pushes herself up to sit beside him. I only laugh and walk a few steps towards Hermione and Ron, making sure to keep my eyes on my little sister at all times.

"I doubt your father would appreciate it if he found out Gryffindor was giving her candy all the time," Hermione admonishes softly.

"Mione, it's okay. Blaise and Theo gave me butterbeer once," Angel innocently says from the couch. The room instantly quiets, and we all stare at her.

"They did what?" I reply quietly. I'm going to kill those idiots.

"Draco wasn't happy with them, but it was really yummy." Angel then glances towards Fred and George. "Do you have any, Fred?"

"Sorry, Prince, we're fresh out," he replies with a soft laugh. He then glances at me. "And Snape thinks Gryffindors are the bad influence."

I only snort before sighing. At least Draco was angry with his idiotic friends for doing that. Ever since my little sister has entered my life, well, I doubt I've ever smiled this much. Hell, I've even seen Dad smile with her in his arms. Then again, she is his little angel, which is his words, not mine. I watch the little girl bouncing happily on the couch, clapping her hands in excitement while she watches the twins and others test out various animal simulating candies. When Fred starts to ribbet like a frog, Angel holds her hands against her mouth to hide her infectious giggles. She's so full of life and happiness that it's a wonder how she is the daughter of Severus Snape.

"You know, El, you have to kiss him to turn him back," I tease. When her big brown eyes widen at me, I softly laugh.

"Yeah," Ron says, picking up where I'm going with it. "Only a Prince can change Fred back."

"But I'm a princess," Angel replies with her big chocolate eyes. She then glances at Fred before kissing his cheek softly. Within seconds afterwards, she pulls back and stares at him. "Are you still a frog, Fred?" Her puppy dog eyes have made a fierce comeback.

"Nope, you cured me, Prince. Do you want to try one?" he asks, holding out one of the candies.

"Harry, can I?" Angel replies, whipping her head towards me in pure excitement.

I immediately glance towards Hermione. I don't want anything to happen to my little sister, and it has little to do with what my parents will do to me. I love Angel more than I love anything. I don't want anything bad to happen to her. Hermione only sighs and nods slowly.

"Sure, El," I say, grinning, "but take just one." I watch the little fingers wrap around the candy before she pops it into her mouth. When I hear a fierce roar escape her ruby lips, I start to laugh. Fred gave her a lion one. She glances down at the floor, a few seconds later, with that familiar bashful smile playing at her lips. "Don't worry, El. We won't tell Dad." She glances back up at me and allows the grin to take over her face. She's so beautiful when she smiles. It's not Mum's smile, though. No, I'm pretty certain that she has her father's secret smile.

Before I can think anything of it, though, something on the mantel behind me falls off and conks me in the head. I instantly yelp out and rub the spot where it hit me. That hurt. When the room starts to darken unexpectedly, I glance towards my friends. What in the world is going on? My eyes end up resting on Angel.

"Harry?" she softly asks with a fearful look her eyes before the darkness overtakes everything.

A large black marble room then fades into the darkness. A tall ivory woman with long raven hair and deep crimson eyes stands on a dais, glaring towards the black mist in front of her. Moments later, a dark figure in long black robes walks out of the mist before kneeling before the woman.

"Forgive me, Mezra, for my lateness," the figure says, bowing respectfully.

If I didn't know any better, I'd swear that I'm watching another Death Eater meeting. However, I know that whoever these people are that they are ten times more menacing. I turn my head away to glance at the rest of the room, but I don't see anything distinguishing. I've never dreamt about this place.

"We shall see if you are forgiven," the ivory woman drawls as she continues to stand, glaring. "What news do you bring me? Have you found the Azrial yet?" She sounds almost gleeful at the prospect of finding Mum.

"I have not, Mezra."

"Then what good are you?" the ivory woman snarls before catching her long nails against the figure's head. "I want the Azrial! Is that understood?" she roars.

"Yes, Mezra, that is understood plainly. However, we've encountered . . . difficulties."

"I want results, not whining. Find her!"

"Mezra, forgive me, but Syrene has covered her tracks well."

"I do not give a damn what that traitor has done." The woman's hand outstretches towards the figure. A few moments later, the two are nose to nose with each other. "You will find the Azrial, and you will bring her before me. Is that clear?"

"Yes, Mezra," the figure replies with a slight quiver in its voice. "However, there's been another complication." At the sound of the terrifying roar from the ivory woman, the figure's shoulders hunch up if expecting another blow to the face. "According to the prisoner we captured earlier, the Azrial is expecting." Once more, a horrifying scream leaves the woman's lips as she snarls towards the figure. "Mezra, there are whispers that the child's father is a wizard."

"The Azrial has coupled with a wizard?" the woman screeches. Her crimson eyes darken until they are black as night. "You will find the Azrial, and you will slaughter her and that abomination she carries. I do not care how you do it. Slaughter her and the child!" The woman then whirls around, glaring towards the black mist. "That child will NOT see the light of day! If you value your lives, you will do as I command."

Another silhouetted figure then appears out of the dark mist before dropping to its knees before the woman. The urge to scream suddenly appears as my lightning bolt scar burns like acid. For some reason, though, I don't scream in this dream world, but I know that I'm probably screaming my head off in the waking world.

"Mezra, that idiot wizard wishes an audience with you," the second figure informs. "Shall I bring him in then?" The woman curtly nods, making the figures evaporate into black smoke.

My mouth drops instantly. This is the Black Shroud. I'm dreaming of the Black Shroud, the same people after Mum. I whirl around. I have to wake up and warn someone. My heart beats faster as my scar burns painfully. I have to wake up and tell Mum or Dad or Declan. I have to tell someone.

"Good evening," a familiar voice hisses behind me.

I whirl back. It can't be. But it is. Voldemort, in all his pride and glory, is standing in front of the ivory woman. The pain in my scar has increased tenfold, but I still haven't wakened yet. It forces me to watch the curious exchange.

"I grow tired of your kind on my lands, Wizard," the woman sneers with a menacing look in her black eyes. "And I grow even more tired of hearing your kinds' pathetic pleas. Speak your words, and be done with it so that I may kill you."

"Apologies, I did not mean to trespass upon your lands," Voldemort replies with that arrogant smile. "How about I help you in your cause, though?"

"As if I would need help from such filth," she snaps. Her eyes grow colder and angrier.

"You are searching for ancient artifact of your kind that was stolen long ago by a wizard. Are you not?" She doesn't respond. "I believe you call it the 'Deras?' Am I correct?" She inclines her head ever so slightly. "I could perhaps help you." Her eyes narrow. "The artifact in question just so happens to be what my kind calls the 'Sword of Slytherin'. I could help you find it, but it will cost you."

Within seconds, I'm shocked to death. The ivory woman somehow has made Voldemort kneel before her with his back arched. I recognize the signs instantly. She's casting the Cruciatus on him or some variation. She's obviously more powerful than Voldemort because I am stunned to hear his screams. She then releases whatever she casted on him, and he falls to the floor like a doll.

"You are in no position to demand such things, Wizard," she whispers with a sickening smirk. "I trust you'll remember your manners the next time we meet." He only nods slowly. "You are lucky we have not interfered with your world. You would not stand a chance against my kind, Wizard. No amount of spells would affect us, but I assure you that we would affect you and yours. Now, get out of my sight before I decide to rid the world of you." He instantly disappears. "Go, my children. Find the Azrial and destroy her. Do not disappoint me again."

A bright light then overtakes me, and I find myself sitting up in my bed. I'm drenched in my own sweat as my senses quickly come back to me. My throat is raw, but there's no movement from Draco's bed. I must have held my screams in again while dreaming. My chest is heaving with short quick gasps. I have to tell someone. I try to wake Draco up, but I only rasp his name. That is all I need, though, because the candles around the room suddenly flicker with life.

"Dear Merlin, what the hell happened to you?" Draco cries before leaping out of his bed over to me. He gently helps me up. "Don't speak, just nod. Do you want me to take you to Severus?"

I nod instantly. My legs are like jelly. I also feel queasy, but I know I can keep it under control for now. I notice that Draco's nearly dragging me out of our room into the hallway. I feel rather bad that I can't even help myself, but I know that he won't say anything.

"Young Masters Harry and Draco," Declan speaks instantly as we make it to the hall. "What ails him, young Draco?"

"I don't know, but he needs to see Severus. Now get the hell out of the way," Draco snarls. A loud knock on the door echoes before the door to Mum and Dad's room opens. Draco quickly rushes me in, and I feel arms wrap around me lovingly moments later. I'm sitting on their bed.

"Shh, Harry, it's all right," Mum whispers stroking my hair. "It's all right." I don't respond.

The End.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2248