Sword of Slytherin by Lady Lanera
Summary: Following events in "Summer School," Harry starts to dream of black misty creatures and Voldemort and his Death Eaters, who are all searching for the fabled Sword of Slytherin. What does all this have to do with his new mum and baby sister, though? Join Harry and his friends and family as they unravel Slytherin’s deadly secrets during Harry’s fifth year.
Categories: Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco, Original Character, Sinistra
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Family, Humor
Media Type: None
Tags: Adoption, Alternate Universe, Vampires
Takes Place: 5th Year
Warnings: Profanity, Romance/Het, Violence
Challenges: None
Series: Ties that Bind
Chapters: 18 Completed: Yes Word count: 92454 Read: 57393 Published: 23 Aug 2010 Updated: 09 May 2011
Protection Detail by Lady Lanera
Author's Notes:
Enjoy. :D

The next morning, I awaken with my head on Mum's chest. Her slender fingers rest gently in my hair. I have to smile at the warm feeling that comes from this one touch. I can just feel the love she has for me as she holds me. My eyes then catch the shaggy blond head on the other side. I slowly lift my head up to find Dad, but the only other person in the room than Draco, Mum, and me is Declan, who is staring out the large window with his back to us.

I watch the vampire for a few moments. Declan is very focused on something that he sees out on the grounds. I'm guessing because I don't really know if the window looks out onto the grounds or not. He looks fairly relaxed in the window, but I can also see what I'd usually call Dad's concerned stance. He then opens the window slightly, allowing a huge barn owl to sweep into the room and land on Declan's arm. The young vampire runs a hand down its back as if to soothe it before he unties the familiar envelopes from the owl's leg. He's so gentle with the creature that it's rather easy for me to forget that he's a bloodsucking vampire. Calmly, he gives the owl a treat, releases it, and then quickly retreats out of the room. He's not gone long, though. A few moments later, he resumes his vigil.

I can tell that Declan's tending to stick rather far from what little light there is. With the amount of blue, purple, and various other colors, I know that it has to be just before dawn. Any moment now, Mum will be waking with her two boys lying on top of her. The door suddenly opens slightly, and I watch Dad silently glide into the room. I watch him hand a steaming goblet to Declan before he briefly catches my eye. He doesn't say anything, though.

"Many thanks, Severus," Declan whispers as he hands back what probably is now an empty goblet. The vampire's dark eyes then dart towards me since Dad and I are in a fierce stare down. His lips slowly upturn into that familiar smile of his. However, he quickly glances up towards Mum. "Forgive us, Mistress Aurora. We meant not to disturb your slumber," he says, inclining his head.

"Perhaps Severus didn't, but I know all about your intentions, Declan," Mum replies coldly. He then leaves the room as she affectionately rubs Draco and me on our upper arms. After the attempt on her life at Grimmauld, it turned into a bit of a habit for Mum to wake us if she found us asleep on her.

I'm already awake, though, so I only lift my head up and smile at her. Draco, however, mumbles something under his breath that I can't quite catch. I watch Mum rub his arm again. I nearly die laughing when he mumbles again, but a bit louder and clearer so we can understand him. He's mumbling that she should stop before someone catches them. The 'she' in this case is rather obvious. He's dreaming about Hermione. When he starts to snuggle even closer to Mum, I cover my mouth with the back of my hand to keep from laughing. Mum only glances at me with her eyes all alight with amusement. I can tell that she's trying to prevent herself from laughing also.

"Draco, love, it's time to wake up," Mum whispers softly, running her fingers through his hair.

"Five more minutes," he mumbles.

"If I give you five more minutes, Draco, then we'll both be in rather compromising situations."

I slowly remove myself from Mum and Draco so I can laugh without being in hitting distance. A few seconds later, Draco lifts his head up and blinks owlishly at Mum. I watch the emotions streak across his face when he realizes that Mum's not Hermione. Suddenly, Draco throws himself backwards from Mum before crashing hard onto the floor with a loud scream.

"Are you all right, Draco?" Mum asks emotionless.

"Yes, yes, I'm fine," he replies gruffly before slowly getting to his feet. His gray eyes dart to me for a few seconds, but he glances away. "I apologize."

"No worries, Love." Mum then silently gets out of bed prior to disappearing behind the bathroom door. She emerges a few moments later with that familiar soft smile gracing her lips. "You know, Draco, infatuation with a girl can sometimes turn painful. Have you informed her yet?"

"Informed her?" Draco responds with a forced, awkward laugh. When Mum doesn't reply, he sighs heavily before hanging his head. "I've already messed it up."

"Has Severus not taught you anything, Draco? Nothing you could have done is unforgivable."

"I called her a horrible name, though. She's not going to forgive me."

"Perhaps not at first, but she will eventually if she sees that you aren't the same young man you were then, Draco."

Mum then sighs before glancing at Dad. They share a brief look, which means that they're holding a private conversation through their link with each other. Her eyes then return to Draco. She looks so sad now, but she motions towards Draco and me to sit next to her on the bed. Obviously, she's going to tell us a rather long story, so we comply.

"I had gotten into a fight with several of my dorm mates over my rather controversial views of the Dark Lord earlier in the day." Mum then forces her smile to remain. "So being the stupid fifteen year old girl that I was, I decided it'd be a good idea to sneak out of the castle at the dead of night and go to Hogsmeade to get myself a butterbeer. I never made it to the Three Broomsticks, though."

I feel a chill wash over me instantly. I think whatever Mum's telling us now was what Dad and Sirius were talking about before the wedding. I glance towards Dad, but he is as blank as ever as he stares at Mum. I don't really know why, but I have to admit that I was curious what Dad and Sirius had been talking about at the time, but I'm not curious now.

"A group of Death Eaters had Apparated into Hogsmeade and were kidnapping anyone they came across. I was one of the unlucky souls they chose." Mum then shakes her head violently when Dad starts to head towards her in an attempt to calm her. "I won't go into the grizzly details of what happened to me, but it only solidified my hatred of Death Eaters even more." She draws in a slow breath before locking her gaze with the blond Slytherin. "Draco, if I can forgive Severus for joining that evil in the first place, then I bet that your young lady can forgive you. Asking for forgiveness isn't easy, though, but I have faith in you. Do you know why?" He shakes his head. "Because I know you, Draco," she says, resting a gentle hand atop of his. "Well, on that lovely note, I'm hungry."

"When aren't you?" I respond with a soft laugh in hopes that I'll lighten the mood again.

"Oh, ha, ha, Harry, you're so funny." Mum lightly pushes me before rolling her eyes. As quickly as a woman in her last trimester can walk, she heads out of the room.

Just before Draco and I leave the room, though, Dad holds his arm out to stop us. Well, to stop Draco, at least. He has his rather serious mask on. "She is right, Draco. Miss Granger is a rather sensible enough witch to forgive if asked, but only if you allowed her to know the real you." Dad then leaves us.

Draco glances at me briefly before whirling around and walking down the corridor. I want to respond that they're both right, but I can't. I mean, Ron, my best mate since I started at Hogwarts, likes Hermione. I then shake my head. Truthfully, I want Draco to be happy with Hermione, but there's a part of me that wants Ron to be happy, too. Oh, why do I have to choose between friends and family? This would all be so much better if I just cloned Hermione so they both could have her. I then laugh. That'd just be too weird.

A few moments later when I walk into the dining room, my eyes narrow on the envelope on my empty porcelain plate. Draco has one also, but he's pointedly ignoring it. I quickly take my seat and feel my smile widen. It's from Hogwarts. I grab it and rapidly rip it open. Glancing over the letter, I sigh contently out of habit. This list of supplies means that I have a trip to Diagon Alley in my future. My eyes then narrow on one of the requirements.

"Dad, why do we need dress robes this year?" I catch his brief flicker of surprise instantly before neutrality takes over again. He holds his hand out to read my letter, which I give him. A few seconds later, he gently sets it down and sighs.

"It appears that Dumbledore has decided to host a formal event this year." He looks like he's about to sick up, which makes my eyes narrow on him. "It's not that surprising if you consider that Hogwarts should have hosted the Triwizard Tournament last year."

"Well, why didn't we?" Dad fixes me with an intense stare almost instantly. "I mean, I know the supposed official reason is that we felt that Hogwarts was too rundown for it, but what was the real reason?" Dad's eyes narrow on me even more as if he's thinking about throttling me.

"A young man from Rashka died at the end of the tournament. It could have happened to you. So why do you think we didn't have the tournament, Harry?"

"So I was right then, you and Dumbledore decided that something might happen so he pulled Hogwarts out." Dad doesn't respond, but he doesn't have to. I already know that I'm right. I then sigh. From what I heard from Sirius, it's a once in a lifetime event. Then again, I shudder to think what would have happened if we had attended. Dad is right. A boy had died. It could've been one of my classmates.

"The boys need dress robes?" Mum softly asks, glancing at us. "Well, you did want to go to Diagon Alley to get more ingredients, Severus." He nods in response to her.

"I've already spoken with the Order, so we could perhaps leave immediately." Dad then glances towards us before returning to stare at Mum. "That is if you felt up to it, Aurora."

"Walking around a crowded street looking like this?" replies Mum with a soft laugh. "Oh, yes, Severus, I'm definitely up for it. I need to pick up a book at Blotts anyway." A few moments later, she stands up and starts to head back out of the dining room.

"Aurora, where are you going?"

"Well, if we're going, then I don't need to make the poor house elves work when I can eat out. After all, there's a cozy little restaurant I've been dying to try. The food is supposed to be just heavenly. Oh, and before we leave Diagon Alley, we could stop at the ice cream parlor." At the sight of Dad narrowing his eyes on her, Mum laughs. "Well, our little one is making me crave lemon drop drizzle."

"You do realize Albus's lemon drops are in it, right?"

"Yes, Severus," growls Mum as she glares at him. She's gone from extremely happy to extremely irate in zero to sixty. "I realize that, but I want lemon drops, and I want lemon drops NOW! Do you have a problem with that?" When Dad shakes his head instantly, Mum sighs contently. "Good, then get ready, Severus, because I'm hungry. That is unless you wish to be an even bigger ass than usual." She then turns around and walks out of the room.

"That was another mood swing, right?" I ask, glancing at Dad as soon as we hear the footsteps on the staircase leading upwards.

"Unfortunately," Dad replies with a soft sigh. "Both of you should get dressed. She will no doubt demand us to leave immediately." He then shook his head. "Two more months, boys, we just have two more months."

Draco and I only nod before quickly rushing out of the dining room and up towards our room. Ever since I found out I was a wizard, I've loved going to Diagon Alley. Something about that place just makes me feel like I'm where I belong. Draco and I rapidly throw on a pair of clean clothes and rush downstairs again. After all, we both know that Dad's right. If Mum's craving something, then hell or high water she's getting it somehow. I've actually seen her snap at Dumbledore once because he took the last piece of peach cobbler, which was after Mum nearly ate an entire cherry pie on her own.

When we rush back downstairs in our cloaks, our eyes narrow on Dad kneeling towards the lit fireplace. He's obviously speaking with someone through the Floo, which a few moments later I recognize is Mr. Weasley. Not really meaning to eavesdrop, I overhear their soft conversation.

"Perhaps the children could join us, Severus. Merlin knows that Ron and Hermione have yet to give Molly and me a moment's peace since hearing about our little excursion."

"It would perhaps draw less attention if the children were together. I take it that Lupin and his pet are wishing to see if I've harmed my son?"

"No, Severus. They trust you completely with him." At the sound of Dad's loud snort, Mr. Weasley responds, "Severus, I am serious."

"I'm well aware of that, Arthur," Dad replies. "Since she has wished to join us, perhaps you could ask Ms. Tonks and your charming wife to remain with her during the trip. A shopping expedition with numerous witches would ensure that things go smoothly in case of a worst-case scenario. Lupin and his mutt could watch the children along with you."

"Do you believe that He'd attack Diagon Alley, Severus?"

"At this point, I'd rule nothing out. He's already stepped up the violence than the first, and I doubt I need to inform you of the numerous massacres that have been committed so far."

"I'll speak with Molly and the others then. The weather should help us, though, Severus. It's been raining here all day."

"That's rather enlightening. Another shall join you. I've already instructed him to remain with the students. You need not worry about him, though, Arthur. He is safe despite his affliction."

"You're certain?"

"I am."

"Then we'll expect him, Severus. I shall speak with you soon." The flames then smolder out.

"So we're being watched by Remus and Sirius?" I ask a few seconds later.

"Along with Mr. Weasley and Declan, yes," replies Dad, turning around towards Draco and me. His dark emerald outer cloak billows behind him. "I do not want to hear any complaints, Harry."

"Good because I don't have any. You are coming with us, though, aren't you?"

"I'll be in Diagon Alley, but I won't be with you or Aurora. It is imperative that I am not near either of you." My eyes narrow in response. "The Dark Lord exploits weaknesses because it is the best way to break an individual. Since you and Draco are now my sons and she's my wife, you've become weaknesses on my part. I won't be too far from any of you, though."

"There's going to come a time when all this is over, though, right, Dad?" He nods instantly. "And then we can be a normal family."

"As normal as one could be, Harry," Dad replies softly.

"So where are we going to meet them at then, Severus?" Draco asks.

"You'll all travel by Floo to the Leaky Cauldron, while I'll Apparate."

"What if the people after Mum show up?"

"Why else do you believe I am to accompany you, young Master Harry?" Declan responds.

"One vampire versus all them?" loudly I squawk.

"What makes you believe there is only going to be one vampire?" He then chuckles softly. "Ah, you have much to learn in our ways, young wizard." His dark eyes glance towards Dad. "I've spoken with my brothers, and they've agreed. They'll remain in the shadows until something occurs."

"Thank you, Declan."

"No expressed gratitude needed, Severus," the dark-haired vampire responds. "With your marriage to Azrial, I am bound to protect you and your family as well." He then inclines his head respectfully before stepping backwards. It's rather impressive how easily he blends in with the shadows of the room just before Mum walks in wearing a brilliant silver cloak.

"Shall we go, Severus?" Her voice is lighthearted again. Dad only nods. She quickly walks into the fireplace and shouts her destination before vanishing in the tall emerald flames.

"Stay with Lupin and Declan, Harry." Dad then fixes Draco with an intense look. "I expect the same from you, Draco." The blond Slytherin nods curtly.

"I shall ensure their safety, Severus. You have my word," Declan says as he walks out of the shadows towards us. He quickly joins Draco and me before gently resting a hand on our shoulders. Dad says nothing before Apparating away. "Come, young masters, before Mistress Aurora understands what we've done."

"Can you travel by Floo? I mean, can't you like fly?" Declan responds with a soft chuckle.

"We vampires are not even close to how Muggles describe us or even wizards for that matter. I cannot alter my appearance into a bat like that common fallacy. As you can see, I'm not even wearing black." Declan accents his remarks by tugging on his gray shirt and blue jeans with his blue sandals. "However, we do lose our magic once we turn."

"Oh," I reply for the lack of anything better to say.

"It does have its upside, though. Magic can be drained whereas our powers cannot as long as we have blood to drink."

I shudder instantly. I so don't need to hear that or even think about that. I shake my head before we head towards the fireplace. I can hear Declan chuckling. Oh, but of course the vampire thinks it's funny. He's the predator and we're the prey."

"But you're still not my type, young Harry," Declan replies softly. "And yes, we vampires have amazing skills when it comes to hearing one's thoughts. It's part of the appeal, I believe."

"Lovely," I grumble. "Let's just get this over with." Being in a room with a vampire is utterly frightening. I glance at Draco and nearly scoff. He doesn't even look uneasy. Then again, Draco is a pureblood Slytherin. He's probably seen it all before. For a split second, I think to myself how we haven't seen Mum's parents yet, but I guess they're probably used to things like this. Or Dad has informed them that we're going to Diagon Alley. After all, Declan did have our Hogwarts' letters earlier. I then sigh. It is easier thinking about why the sky's blue than these riddles. As soon as we're all in the fireplace, I throw down the Floo powder. "Leaky Cauldron," I shout. The flames take us.

~SS~

Mum's rather grumpy with Dad. Even though, he's not here to defend himself. Luckily, though, Mrs. Weasley and Tonks quickly distract her by talking about the baby. The last thing the three witches say is that they're going off to look at stuff for the nursery. Mum's anger quickly evaporates, and she happily goes off with them as if nothing happened. It's rather cool that Mrs. Weasley and Tonks are able to distract her easily enough. I've seen Dad try, but fail many times before. Then again, Mrs. Weasley has had lots of experience in pregnancy. Who better to distract Mum than her?

"Hi, Harry." Hermione then throws her arms around me, hugs me fiercely, and pulls back. "Hello, Draco," she says with a soft smile. He only inclines his head towards her politely. Her brown eyes dart back to me. "Why didn't you write and tell us that Professor Sinistra is pregnant?"

"Well, it . . . um . . . kind of happened suddenly," I reply with a forced laugh.

"He's not kidding either. Severus gave her a Swift Solution and—"

"It accelerated the baby's gestation rate," Hermione quickly interrupts in her usual knowing way. "It's rather odd that Professor Snape didn't perform the standard pregnancy test on her first. He is after all the topmost Potions master in all of Europe." She then shakes her head slowly, which makes her long brown wavy hair bounce slightly underneath her black hood of her cloak. "All sorts of complications could have happened as a result of that. I take it that the baby's all right now, though?"

"Yes, the baby is perfectly healthy last we heard," Draco quickly responds.

"Well, that's good news. Did you see that we have to buy dress robes this year?"

"Yeah, Dad thinks that Dumbledore's trying to make up for the fact that we didn't have the Triwizard Tournament last year," I answer. I catch Draco's teeth gritting silently, which makes me glance at him. I follow his glare and notice what has upset him. Ron's standing very close to Hermione. "He thinks that Dumbledore's holding a dance or something for us." I then inhale slowly. "I guess I'm just going to have to suck it up and ask Cho then before someone else does. You two are going to go together. Aren't you?" Oh, what I do for you, Draco, I grumble in my head, feeling incredibly awkward.

"We might. Who knows?" Ron replies, putting an arm around Hermione's waist.

"Oh, so I get in trouble for not telling you that Mum's pregnant, but you don't tell me you two are dating," I say lightheartedly. Please don't say you're dating, I beg in my mind.

"We're not dating, Harry," Hermione instantly responds, taking a step away from Ron. She looks definitely flustered. "The other day I received a red rose in the post with a note attached, and now Ron has got it into his incredibly thick head that he needs to act like my boyfriend to spook this guy off."

"Boys get certain ideas in their heads, Mione," Ron argues.

"I know that, Ronald. I'm not an idiot," Hermione snaps. She then shakes her head angrily. "I think I can decide for myself if a guy's intentions are pure or not."

"You don't even know who that was from, though. It could have been from a Slytherin, playing a nasty joke from you."

I catch Draco's subtle jerk of his wand hand instantly. Well, there goes that mystery. Draco sent Hermione a rose with probably one of his really sweet and romantic love poems. I am rather impressed with Ron for not insulting Draco by saying it could have been from him. I'm pretty certain that if Ron had said that, Draco would have punched him.

"At least that guy can tell me why he loves me, Ronald, and that it isn't because I'm a girl or because I've got great skin!" Hermione shouts before angrily walking off with Ginny.

I don't know how Draco does it. He doesn't even visibly react to Hermione's words. However, I quickly walk towards Ron and gently pat him on the back. Ron only shakes his head, though.

"That stupid git, whoever he is, is real smooth. She won't even let anyone read the stupid note," he grumbles. "Every time she reads it, she gets this look in her eyes. I'm just trying to stop her from getting hurt. I mean, it stinks of a Slytherin." Ron then glances towards the blond Slytherin. "Sorry, Malfoy," he says towards Draco.

"None taken," I hear him reply. "Granger's lucky to have someone looking out for her." Draco then draws in a slow breath. "We should probably get our books and supplies."

Draco Malfoy, you Slytherin bastard, I think. You're playing Ron like a fool. Dammit, why am I not upset about this? I mean, Ron's my best friend. I then sigh. Hermione is my best friend too, though.

~SS~

Nearly an hour later, my friends and I are walking into Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlor with Remus, Mr. Weasley, and a familiar black shaggy dog in toe. Somewhere behind Draco and me, I know Declan is following us. I'll admit I'm surprised that Declan hasn't shown himself yet, but I understand if he's trying to stay hidden so he doesn't scare Hermione and Ron.

When my green eyes catch Mum sitting at a table with a rather large bowl of yellow custard in front of her, I almost laugh. She looks like she's enjoying herself immensely with her bowl of lemon drop drizzle. Dad is nowhere in sight. Mrs. Weasley and Tonks are sitting with Mum, though.

"Hello, Harry," Mum says, smiling. "Did you get everything?"

"And then some," I reply with a soft laugh. "How's your ice cream?"

"Delectable as always," she answers taking another spoonful. Mum's dark eyes then glance behind me. "What's going on with Mr. Weasley and Ms. Granger?" she asks quietly.

I glance at my best friends briefly. Hermione's standing as far as possible from Ron. She's still upset with him, which I suppose I can understand somewhat. I then turn back towards Mum.

"Ron was a bit of a prat about Hermione getting a red rose from an unknown admirer."

"I see, and I take it that Ms. Granger didn't respond the way Mr. Weasley wished her to?"

"Yeah, pretty much, I mean, I think she likes the rose."

"Well, most girls like receiving such affections from someone secretive. It makes a girl think that she's special, and, well, the mystery definitely adds to the mood. Does she have any guesses?"

"No, not that I heard," I reply quietly.

"The color is an interesting choice, though." When I narrow my eyes on her, she softly laughs. "Red means intense and burning passion. Whoever her admirer is, he truly loves her to declare such a fervent love for her. She should consider herself lucky."

"What about Ron, though?"

"Jealousy will always threaten to tear apart friendships. I take it that he likes her?" I nod slowly. "Well, then perhaps Mr. Weasley should inform Ms. Granger of his feelings."

"He's tried, Mum. It wasn't pretty. He told her that she had nice skin."

"Young men do have a tendency to become awkward around the opposite sex. I believe I've seen you invert drinking a goblet of pumpkin juice once in the presence of Ms. Chang." I blush instantly. "Do you have any guesses as to who her admirer is?" I don't respond. "Well, it's perfectly natural, Harry, to develop feelings for a friend."

"It's not me, Mum. I promise," I quickly reply. "Hermione's like a sister to me."

"Well, if you do know who he is, then you should perhaps tell her admirer to make his intentions known to her before Mr. Weasley tries. Though, the way she looks, it appears she has already fallen for her mysterious courtier." Mum then softly laughs. "You're stuck in the middle, aren't you?"

"Yeah," I admit, sitting down at the table beside her. Mum always knows. Mrs. Weasley and Tonks glance at me with soft smiles, but don't say anything. "Should I tell Ron?"

"I wouldn't, Harry, dear," answers Mrs. Weasley. "If I know my son, he'd do something he'd regret if he knew. Let them work it out for themselves. Otherwise, Ronnie will think you intentionally tried to hurt him. Hello, Mr. Malfoy," she says pleasantly to Draco as he approaches us.

"Ma'am," Draco responds respectfully. His gray eyes then narrow on Mum. "Is something wrong, Professor Sinistra?" For some reason or another, he still refuses to call Mum and Dad by those names. Instead, he calls Dad by his first name, and Mum by her title and every now and then by her first name. Then again, Draco probably isn't as desperate for a family as I am.

"Draco, I'm fine," replies Mum with a soft smile that just screams 'don't draw attention to me.'

My eyes, however, notice that Mum's swaying slightly as she stands up. I quickly hold my arm out to her so she can steady herself. She doesn't take it, though. I glance towards Draco. We've seen this too many times before.

"Sometimes, boys, you are so like Severus that it's positively frightening. I'm just a little dizzy from getting up to fast. If it'll make you feel better, though," she drawls before grabbing my arm gently.

I nearly yelp at how cold Mum's hand is. She's like a block of ice. My eyes then notice how pale she's becoming. Something's wrong. I glance back at Draco, hoping he's noticing the same things I am.

"Aurora, maybe you should sit down," Remus says, walking toward us rather quickly. His eyes are full of concern.

"Not you too, Remus," Mum replies with a slight slur in her voice. "I'm . . . whoa . . .," suddenly she says, grabbing her head.

"Mum, what's wrong?" I ask, feeling my heart start to beat even faster.

"I-I don't know. I just . . . whoa . . . I feel really weird." Within seconds after speaking in the terrifying slurred way, she clutches her abdomen and whimpers loudly. Her brown eyes are dull, and I can see the pain and fear in her face. When she starts to fall to her knees, Remus quickly catches her.

"Take her to the witch healer, Lycanthrope," Declan quickly orders as he suddenly appears out of the shadows. When Remus doesn't move, Declan's eyes darken to near black. "You may kill me later, but for now, do as I say unless you wish to have more blood on your hands." He whirls around once Remus and Mum Apparate away. His sinister black eyes fall on Mr. Weasley. "We must leave immediately, Wizard. There is no time. Return to the castle with your family. All of you," he orders before grabbing Draco and me. He doesn't even allow me to say anything before we vanish from Fortescue's ice cream shop. Hermione and Ron's screams echo hauntingly in my mind, but it's too late. Draco and I are already gone.

Once we appear somewhere again, I instantly drop to the ground, groaning. My entire body aches. Strong arms quickly pick me up and carry me. If that was vampire Apparation, then I so like wizard Apparation better. My stomach is tossing and turning like waves crashing against a cliff. I close my eyes, hoping that Declan hasn't decided to make us his afternoon blood tea. It's rather odd, but I smell a familiar scent several minutes later. I slowly open my eyes and scoff. Declan has brought us to Hogwarts, more importantly the hospital wing.

Dad, I send through my link. It's surprisingly more difficult to send this time. Mum . . . she's really sick. I don't-I don't know, but we're at Hogwarts now.

I'll be there shortly, Dad responds a few seconds later. He seems tense in his quick reply.

"Rest, young masters," whispers Declan. "You, your friends, and Mistress Aurora are safe now."

The End.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2248