The Next Meeting by Ebbtide
Summary: Snape and Harry must put aside their differences to face the situation at hand. Answer to the Post HBP: The Next Meeting Challenge by Bil
Categories: Snape Equal Status to Harry > Comrades Snape and Harry, Snape Equal Status to Harry > Foes Snape and Harry Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required)
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: General
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe
Takes Place: None
Warnings: None
Prompts: Post HBP: The Next Meeting
Challenges: Post HBP: The Next Meeting
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 303 Read: 1709 Published: 29 Aug 2010 Updated: 30 Aug 2010
Story Notes:
Betaed by Dream Painter
Chapter 1 by Ebbtide

Snape walked forward, his dark gaze focused on the boy standing at the far side of the clearing. They were enemies. They were on the same side. Two people who could not stop the strong arm of Fate from pushing them away from everything and everyone that they loved.

Severus paused mid-step, blinking away the image of his own wand sending a killing curse towards Albus Dumbledore. He continued forward, his will propelling him when gravity threatened to thwart the effort.

“You shouldn't be here,” Harry said through clenched teeth.

Snape ignored the anger-slurred words as he approached. The potions master came to a complete stop less than a yard away from the boy – young man. The Boy Who Lived. The black haired agent of Voldemort and of Light extended his right hand.

“There is no place I would rather be than here, at your side to support you, during this last battle.” And it would be the last great battle. Severus would see to that. “Will you have me... Harry?”

Harry Potter breathed in deep through his nose, looked at the extended hand, and then breathed out slowly. The boy grimaced as the image of Dumbledore crumpling under the green light of the Killing Curse flashed through his mind. He pushed the pain away, not giving it a foothold in his heart. There was business to be handled and this was neither the time nor the place to let his emotions take control.

The whole world depended on him tonight. Harry grasped the hand of Severus Snape.

“I will gladly accept all the help I can get,” the boy responded in a formal voice. “Just remember what side you are on.”

Severus nodded and then together, their strides matching, they turned towards the Forbidden Forest where Death Eaters were hiding and waiting. They had a war to win.

The End.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2264