Safe by Ebbtide
Summary: Harry is cursed by an unlucky rabbits foot. Response to the Lost Shoe challenge by Jan_AQ
Categories: Parental Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required)
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe
Takes Place: 1st summer before Hogwarts
Warnings: None
Prompts: Lost shoe
Challenges: Lost shoe
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 184 Read: 2048 Published: 31 Aug 2010 Updated: 31 Aug 2010
Story Notes:
Betaed by Dream Painter

1. Safe by Ebbtide

Safe by Ebbtide
Author's Notes:
Scene taken from Supernatural. LOVE THOSE GUYS!

"Dad," Harry called out, his voice hallow and sad.

Severus Snape turned to his adopted son. "Yes, son?"

"I've lost my shoe." The boy pointed down to the ground where a displaced grate had left a gaping hole. "In there."

Severus sucked in a breath and chewed his lip. His son had been cursed by an unlucky rabbit's foot and this was just one in a long line of consequences. Everything from falling and skinning up his knees to running into people or knocking over things. It was all a result of a curse gone wrong.

With a heavy sigh, the man approached his son.

"Here, let me carry you," he said, offering his arm to the eleven year old. "I'll keep you safe."

Harry looked relieved. "Thanks, dad." The title was still said in reverence and awe.

Once he had Harry safely in his arms, Snape began the long walk back to their apartment. The man would give his last breath to protect Harry and no rabbits foot would stand between his son and a happy life. There was a cure and Severus Snape would find it.

The End.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2288