Scandal at Hogwarts by Lady Lanera
Summary: The summer before his seventh year, Harry Potter's life changes forever, but it's not due to Voldemort this time. A fourth-year Ravenclaw accuses Harry of being her unborn child's father. It's up to Harry to prove to Snape, Ginny, and the rest of the Wizarding World that he's not. Can he do it?
Categories: Teacher Snape > Trusted Mentor Snape, Teacher Snape > Professor Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco, Ginny, Hermione, Original Character, Ron
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Angst, Drama
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe, Snape-meets-Dursleys
Takes Place: 9 - Post Epilogue (middle aged Harry)
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Character Death, Profanity, Violence
Prompts: Father Not to Be
Challenges: Father Not to Be
Series: None
Chapters: 12 Completed: Yes Word count: 23977 Read: 55588 Published: 02 Sep 2010 Updated: 24 Sep 2010
Dumbledore's Favor by Lady Lanera
Author's Notes:
Enjoy. ;D

I can't believe them. I can't believe any single one of them. How could they think that I did that? I mean, yes, I'm Harry Freaking Potter, the Boy-Who-Survived-a-Killing-Curse-And-All-I-Got-Is-This-Lousy-Scar. That doesn't mean that I'm going to snog the hell out of some girl that I don't even know at some party. I then glare at Dumbledore. How can he even think that? Has the man been sucking on too many lemon drops and finally lost his mind?

"I didn't do this! I haven't slept with anyone." At the sight of Snape raising an eyebrow slightly, I feel my anger increase tenfold. "You can think whatever the hell you want, Snape, but I didn't do anything with that witch. I'll take Veritaserum or even let you roam around in my head. I didn't do this, though. I swear it."

"We know, my boy," Dumbledore replies solemnly.

"You know?" I squawk indignantly. "Then why'd Snape—"

"That's Professor Snape to you, Potter," growls the bloody bat.

"Fine, why'd PROFESSOR Snape act so pissed off with me when he came to collect me?"

"Oh, I don't know. It could be that I had to collect some dunderheaded Gryffindor who's been a constant pain in my ass ever since I saw him," Snape snarls viciously. "There's also the quaint little fact about the Dark Lord. Or has Gryffindor's Golden Boy forgotten about the Dark Lord? Because I assure you that he hasn't forgotten about you, Potter," he yells.

"Severus," Dumbledore warns, glancing towards Snape with his steel blue eyes. He then sighs heavily. "You'll have to forgive him, Harry."

"Yeah, because he's so forgiving, isn't he?" I retort angrily. I notice Snape flexing his wand hand instantly. Maybe I shouldn't have said that on second thought. After all, I do seem to push every single one of Snape's buttons without even trying. I then draw in a breath. This is the man who's putting himself at great risk for me. I have to remember that. No matter how vile the man is, I have to remember what he goes through in order to help and protect me. "I'm sorry, sir." I force my head up so I'm looking right at Snape. "I shouldn't have lost my temper." Snape only scoffs, though, visibly relaxing.

"Forgive me, Harry, but I must know how you came by those injuries." Dumbledore's blue eyes stare at me somberly, which means he probably already knows the answer.

"My cousin Dudley," I respond quietly. The wind has pretty much left my sails. I mean, this morning I only had to worry about the Dursleys. Now, I'm looking at my reputation trashed, and Ginny believing that I've cheated on her. Oh, whom am I kidding? She won't believe this garbage. I mean, Ginny and her family know all about how Skeeter is a lying little beetle, literally.

"I see."

"He was saying some things, and I lost my temper with him. He's a bit bigger than me so he started to wail on me." I then sigh heavily. "The bruises usually heal faster than this, though," I mumble.

"Yes, well, the bruises likely would have healed faster if you weren't half-starved to death, Mr. Potter," Madam Pomfrey briskly states as she walks back to my bedside. She gives Dumbledore a look that just screams, 'Try and remove me, and you'll lose your hand.' She gives me a soft pat on my shoulder before unscrewing the lid of the familiar bruise salve. "You poor dear," she softly says, rubbing in the orange paste. "You're going to need to be on nutrition potions until at least October."

"We were trying to have a private discussion with Potter, Madam. Perhaps you can—"

"So help me Merlin, Severus Snape, if you even attempt to finish that sentence, I will hex you. The boy is in obvious need of medical attention. So while you may neglect your own health, by Merlin, you are not going to make me neglect his. Is that understood?"

"Yes, Madam," Snape responds quietly inclining his head.

Frightening silence then filters in as the mediwitch continues to apply the bruise salve. I keep my eyes straight ahead, though, doing my best to avoid Snape and Dumbledore's eyes. Unfortunately, the quiet starts to get to me. After all, silence tends to breed wicked thoughts.

"If you know that I didn't do that, then why did S—Professor Snape come and get me then?" quietly I ask. Truthfully, I don't really care what the answer is. I just want the silence to go away.

"Obviously, with the picture printed in that article, Ms. Skeeter was able to get past our defenses somehow. Clearly, we could not allow the Dark Lord to believe such a thing or he'd otherwise attempt to attack your relatives' home. So I would think the reasoning why I fetched you from that horrid place would be rather obvious, Mr. Potter." Disdain seeps into his voice.

"Thank you, sir," I reply, keeping my head hung.

"Indeed," Snape responds with a snort. "Headmaster, forgive me, but perhaps you could inform me of the reason why I am needed here. Potter is evidently in good hands."

"That he is, my boy," Dumbledore says with his familiar blue eyes once again twinkling.

Uh-oh, why do I have a feeling I'm not going to like this? I then glance up towards Snape. He has visibly stiffen, which makes my stomach drop. So I'm not the only one who doesn't like Dumbledore's look. This really isn't going to be good.

"You are returning to your manor for the remainder of the break. Am I correct?" Dumbledore doesn't give him a chance to answer, though. "Well, seeing as how Poppy will be returning to her family and I shall be unreachable for awhile, the only other person to care for him properly would be you, Severus." Dumbledore's blue eyes are twinkling like madly.

"Perhaps you've forgotten the others that are currently residing with me at the manor, old man," Snape hisses.

"I have not."

"Then you wish my family manor to be reduced to a pile of rubble."

"I wish of no such thing, Severus." He then glances at me before returning to stare at Snape. "I should think they would get along fairly well."

"What! No, absolutely not, old man, you've forfeited the right to ask me any more favors when you saddled me with those two. No. I will not have my manor turn into a halfway house for your poor lost wayward souls."

"Severus, he needs a place to live."

"Give him to the Weasleys then!" Snape shouts back. "They'd be oh so glad to have him!"

"My dear boy, the Weasleys have lost their home."

"Dammit!" Snape roars. "Fine, old man, I'll take the damn boy!" He then points a long slender pale finger towards Dumbledore. "But this is the LAST goddamn time I do anything for you!"

"Oh, but of course, my dear boy," Dumbledore says badly hiding his smile.

The End.
End Notes:
Next chapter: Harry meets Snape's lost wayward souls. Any guesses?


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2292