If I could I would by Whitsnitch91
Summary: Harry is deeply traumatized by the war and Voldemort and Deatheaters, hunting him and killing his dear-friends. Deciding to go back in time he searches for the Necklace of time and then confides in the only man that seems trustworthy to him. Severus Snape. How will the young Potions Professor deal with the new information he receives?
Categories: Teacher Snape > Professor Snape, Parental Snape > Guardian Snape, Teacher Snape > Trusted Mentor Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: General, Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe, Deaging, Time Travel
Takes Place: 8 - Post Hogwarts (young adult Harry), 9 - Post Epilogue (middle aged Harry), 0 - Pre Hogwarts (before Harry is 11)
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Physical Punishment Spanking
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 6 Completed: No Word count: 12160 Read: 27839 Published: 08 Sep 2010 Updated: 12 Dec 2010
Courage by Whitsnitch91
Author's Notes:
Hm, hope you like it!!!
Let me know what you think...
and check out my other stories on fanfiction.net...
thanks..

Harry felt slightly ill as he entered the house he had sworn himself never to enter again. The musty and dusty smell almost had him suffocate. He crept forward, thinking of the portrait in the hall. Was it still there?  He did not know, nor did he want to. All he wanted was to go find what he was looking for, the necklace of time. When he saw it in Dumbeldore's literatures he had been sure that he had seen it again, and then as he slept he had seen it in his dream. He knew that he shouldn't trust in his dreams anymore, he felt it now especially. A dream had caused his only guardian to die. He crept towards the staircase, ignoring the heads of the House-elves that hung along the wall. Kreacher was not here, ha, because Kreacher was serving in Hogwarts. He would have him killed if he was a little more like his soul-brother Voldemort, but to his luck he knew love. But did he? Why had he not talked to his friends then? Since months? Why had he cut of every little connection? It did not help him, he felt worse ever since, but he had hoped to safe them. There were still people out there that looked for him, every minute of the day. He saw them in diagon alley as they spied on him, only to report back to someone. Someone new had taken up Voldemort's position and at first, he had sworn himself to find out, now, he didn't care anymore.

The Weasley's were two family members short, and that just because of him. George dying had hurt him much, but how did the others feel, and lastly Ginny. A shudder overcame him simultaneously with the memory. They had sent her back in pieces as the order held him captive. He would have sacrificed himself, but they hadn't allowed it. After a while, they had Ginny back, just cut apart. Mr. Weasley had said that she was dead already when the first notice came, that it was not his fault, but he knew that they were after him. And they were going to take every one of his friends, they were going to kill him, through others.

He stopped at Regulus Orion Black's room. He had thought it through, thought of the advantages and disadvantages and planned everything. Every little ounce. He would go back to his eleventh birthday and then would pretty much do everything the same way. He knew that it would be complicated and things were bound to work differently, but he would still not endanger everything by trying to change things. What if he did a wrong move, everything could work out another way. The only thing he had to do was get Dumbledore to search for the Horcruxes earlier. That was important. The rest had to work like it had last time. He had thought of a million ways.

Kill Voldemort earlier, right at the beginning of the year. But then he would simply re-awake with the Diary, and the diary was still with the Malfoy's. He could go search for the Malfoy's and destroy the diary, but then, what then? He would awaken with another Horcrux. So he had to have Dumbledore destroy them before hand. Earlier. And then everything would go its own way. And he knew lots, he was smarter and stronger. He could destroy Voldemort when the time came. he had to fight him anyhow, he knew that much. Voldemort had to usher the Killing curse at him and with that destroy the last existing Horcrux, but he had to be sure that he was the last. Or he would simply die. And he did not want to die.

He could do so many things better this time. he could get closer with Hermione and Ron and he could try to have them understand each other earlier. And he could perhaps safe Malfoy. And he knew that Snape was loyal to them. Very loyal, more loyal than anyone. the man would rather die under extreme torture than betray them. He would not have to fear him. But he knew that Snape would be a brat to him anyhow. So he had to make sure the man took a liking to him at once.

Shaking his head on himself Harry shook out of his thoughts and reached out for the door-handle. He jumped back having drawn his wand immediately as the door-handle was warm. Someone had been, here he thought immediately spinning around on his feet. But then he turned towards the door again and brushed his fingertips over the door-handle again. It was cold. Had he simply imagined it?

Drawing up courage he pushed the door open, wand still drawn. Heart beating loudly in his ears he stepped through the door and then exhaled. He was alone, and thanks to God still alive. No one else could be here, this was his house and everybody else trying to trespass would be dead if tried.

He turned towards the dresser and swallowed hard. There it was, he knew it. He had seen it while they had searched the room in the search for the Horcrux. Walking over he scratched his face. He had not shaved in weeks and not showered in days, planning the rest of his new life. He smelled slightly and almost sicked up over himself but he did not care. This was important, far more important than his Body-Hygiene. He quickly undressed and then opened the drawer. He had to be naked to the bone and only wear the necklace. He looked at his wand a last time before putting it down on the drawer. He would get it back soon, he knew that much.

He placed the necklace around his neck and swallowed hard again. "If I could go back in time, I would want to start on the day of my eleventh birthday." He forced himself to say and then screamed up. His back arched forward and he fell to his knees. Hands grabbing the necklace which burned into his neck. But it stopped as fast as it had come. Panting he opened his eyes and then closed them again. He was in the cabin, he listened to the storm outside, the water was crashing against the cliffs and Dudley was snoring beside him loudly. For the first time in weeks he smiled.

To be continued...


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2300