If I could I would by Whitsnitch91
Summary: Harry is deeply traumatized by the war and Voldemort and Deatheaters, hunting him and killing his dear-friends. Deciding to go back in time he searches for the Necklace of time and then confides in the only man that seems trustworthy to him. Severus Snape. How will the young Potions Professor deal with the new information he receives?
Categories: Teacher Snape > Professor Snape, Parental Snape > Guardian Snape, Teacher Snape > Trusted Mentor Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: General, Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe, Deaging, Time Travel
Takes Place: 8 - Post Hogwarts (young adult Harry), 9 - Post Epilogue (middle aged Harry), 0 - Pre Hogwarts (before Harry is 11)
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Physical Punishment Spanking
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 6 Completed: No Word count: 12160 Read: 27841 Published: 08 Sep 2010 Updated: 12 Dec 2010

1. Courage by Whitsnitch91

2. A friend by Whitsnitch91

3. Little Whinging by Whitsnitch91

4. Worth the trouble by Whitsnitch91

5. Tour of thoughts by Whitsnitch91

6. Not every Memory is peachy by Whitsnitch91

Courage by Whitsnitch91
Author's Notes:
Hm, hope you like it!!!
Let me know what you think...
and check out my other stories on fanfiction.net...
thanks..

Harry felt slightly ill as he entered the house he had sworn himself never to enter again. The musty and dusty smell almost had him suffocate. He crept forward, thinking of the portrait in the hall. Was it still there?  He did not know, nor did he want to. All he wanted was to go find what he was looking for, the necklace of time. When he saw it in Dumbeldore's literatures he had been sure that he had seen it again, and then as he slept he had seen it in his dream. He knew that he shouldn't trust in his dreams anymore, he felt it now especially. A dream had caused his only guardian to die. He crept towards the staircase, ignoring the heads of the House-elves that hung along the wall. Kreacher was not here, ha, because Kreacher was serving in Hogwarts. He would have him killed if he was a little more like his soul-brother Voldemort, but to his luck he knew love. But did he? Why had he not talked to his friends then? Since months? Why had he cut of every little connection? It did not help him, he felt worse ever since, but he had hoped to safe them. There were still people out there that looked for him, every minute of the day. He saw them in diagon alley as they spied on him, only to report back to someone. Someone new had taken up Voldemort's position and at first, he had sworn himself to find out, now, he didn't care anymore.

The Weasley's were two family members short, and that just because of him. George dying had hurt him much, but how did the others feel, and lastly Ginny. A shudder overcame him simultaneously with the memory. They had sent her back in pieces as the order held him captive. He would have sacrificed himself, but they hadn't allowed it. After a while, they had Ginny back, just cut apart. Mr. Weasley had said that she was dead already when the first notice came, that it was not his fault, but he knew that they were after him. And they were going to take every one of his friends, they were going to kill him, through others.

He stopped at Regulus Orion Black's room. He had thought it through, thought of the advantages and disadvantages and planned everything. Every little ounce. He would go back to his eleventh birthday and then would pretty much do everything the same way. He knew that it would be complicated and things were bound to work differently, but he would still not endanger everything by trying to change things. What if he did a wrong move, everything could work out another way. The only thing he had to do was get Dumbledore to search for the Horcruxes earlier. That was important. The rest had to work like it had last time. He had thought of a million ways.

Kill Voldemort earlier, right at the beginning of the year. But then he would simply re-awake with the Diary, and the diary was still with the Malfoy's. He could go search for the Malfoy's and destroy the diary, but then, what then? He would awaken with another Horcrux. So he had to have Dumbledore destroy them before hand. Earlier. And then everything would go its own way. And he knew lots, he was smarter and stronger. He could destroy Voldemort when the time came. he had to fight him anyhow, he knew that much. Voldemort had to usher the Killing curse at him and with that destroy the last existing Horcrux, but he had to be sure that he was the last. Or he would simply die. And he did not want to die.

He could do so many things better this time. he could get closer with Hermione and Ron and he could try to have them understand each other earlier. And he could perhaps safe Malfoy. And he knew that Snape was loyal to them. Very loyal, more loyal than anyone. the man would rather die under extreme torture than betray them. He would not have to fear him. But he knew that Snape would be a brat to him anyhow. So he had to make sure the man took a liking to him at once.

Shaking his head on himself Harry shook out of his thoughts and reached out for the door-handle. He jumped back having drawn his wand immediately as the door-handle was warm. Someone had been, here he thought immediately spinning around on his feet. But then he turned towards the door again and brushed his fingertips over the door-handle again. It was cold. Had he simply imagined it?

Drawing up courage he pushed the door open, wand still drawn. Heart beating loudly in his ears he stepped through the door and then exhaled. He was alone, and thanks to God still alive. No one else could be here, this was his house and everybody else trying to trespass would be dead if tried.

He turned towards the dresser and swallowed hard. There it was, he knew it. He had seen it while they had searched the room in the search for the Horcrux. Walking over he scratched his face. He had not shaved in weeks and not showered in days, planning the rest of his new life. He smelled slightly and almost sicked up over himself but he did not care. This was important, far more important than his Body-Hygiene. He quickly undressed and then opened the drawer. He had to be naked to the bone and only wear the necklace. He looked at his wand a last time before putting it down on the drawer. He would get it back soon, he knew that much.

He placed the necklace around his neck and swallowed hard again. "If I could go back in time, I would want to start on the day of my eleventh birthday." He forced himself to say and then screamed up. His back arched forward and he fell to his knees. Hands grabbing the necklace which burned into his neck. But it stopped as fast as it had come. Panting he opened his eyes and then closed them again. He was in the cabin, he listened to the storm outside, the water was crashing against the cliffs and Dudley was snoring beside him loudly. For the first time in weeks he smiled.

To be continued...
A friend by Whitsnitch91
Author's Notes:
Not mine, als J.K. Rowlings!
drat xD

He looked at his watch and inhaled. Only four seconds. Then he would turn eleven. God eleven, what a lovely age, with no worries and fears.

CRACK, Harry jumped to his feet and backed away into the corner, as he had done before. He could not change to much, but would it change much if he would face the man? He stepped back out and Dudley pushed him forward shrieking in fear he took his place, his fat belly peaking out.

CRACK, the door flew out of its angles and crashed to the floor and Harry shivered slightly as the cold night wind rushed in. Hagrid stepped through the door and picked it up behind him.

"Ahh, sorry about that." He said and then turned around to face a rifle in his uncles hand, pointed at his face. Vernon had paled to the bone and screamed at the man to leave, but Harry turned him out. Hagrid, there he was. He almost cried in happiness. The man was alive. He could not remember when he had seen him last. The last time he had really seen him he had gone into hiding and then was never heard of again. Harry knew that he had been killed, he just knew it. Hagrid would have at least tried to let him know if he was alive.

He watched passively as the half-giant broke the rifle in half and then turned towards him. Shaking himself out of his stupor he told him that he was indeed Harry Potter. Should he play stupid though? No, he would not.

"Ready to go then?" Hagrid said a little later as he had handed him the letter and then the second fight between him and Vernon broke loose but harry simply stared at the letter.

It was signed by Dumbledore and McGonagall. A warm feeling spread through his stomach as he turned to Hagrid who was waving his umbrella in his uncles face, whose vein was throbbing at a dangerous rate. Petunia was hiding behind her husband, finished with her little show of ignorance about her sister. Harry had not talked back to them. He knew how his parents had died and had no need to fight with them. But he had to get Hagrid out of here before he did something foolish as attack his cousin.

"yes, I am ready to go." He said hastily ignoring the fat cousin of his who was eating his cake. Hagrid turned towards him and his features got softer at once.

"Well, lets hop then." He said and Harry happily turned his back on his family.

They walked out into the rain and Harry absently remembered that in his first life, they had spent the night in the cabin. Shouldn't they do that now? Would they change much?

"Where are we going, Hagrid?" He asked as they sat down in the boat, shaking violently in the rough water.

"We will travel to Diagon alley, thats a wizarding town, there you can buy all your school supplies. I would prefer not to ride tonight, but your relatives are not the most polite people." Hagrid said while turning on the motor on the boat.

"Okay." Harry said quietly and thought furiously. This was not good. What if they got attacked? But there was no danger yet, he knew that much. Voldemort was still weak in Quirrels body and the rest of the Death-eaters were still cowering somewhere. But he shouldn't change that much about the past. Or maybe he should not worry at all and just let the things happen? No, he couldn't do that. then everybody would die again. He had to plan his next moves. Letting Dumbledore know of the Horcruxes was most important. It was. But could he trust the man? did he still trust him after everything he had read after the mans death? He was not sure. Just not sure.

"Harry, Harry?" Hagrid called and Harry looked up, shielding his face from the hard rain. "Get off." The man called and reached his hand over and Harry gladly took it. His body was limb from the huddled position he had sat in and he was almost frozen to death. What he would do to get his wand now.

"How are we getting to the town, Hagrid?" Harry asked looking around. There were no-where close to diagon alley. He had no clew in which direction London was and he was starting to get hungry. he had forgotten that the Dursley's had barely fed him. Drat.

"Don't worry." Hagrid simply said and then started walking, harry following him.

"We will apparate from here. You gotta hold on to me tight harry, okay?" Hagrid called through the wind and Harry nodded grabbing the mans arm tightly.

He could apparate himself but he couldn't do that as long as someone could catch him. The usual sensation of getting sucked through a tight tube suddenly overcame him and he held his breath. He was thrown out into a dark street a second later.

"This is the leaky cauldron Harry. Care to have a bite and warm up a little?" Hagrid said while shaking his messy head. Hair flying wildly.

"That would be great." Harry said meekly rubbing his cold hands against each other. He paled. They were so small. God, he was so small. So defense-less.

"Ah, Harry, this is your Professor for Defense against the Dark Arts." Hagrid suddenly said as they entered the pub. Harry paled and looked at the familiar face. Voldemort was in there. He knew that much. He forced himself to smile politely and introduced himself, not reaching out his hand. He would not, under no circumstances touch this rotten traitor.

Quirrel stuttered his greetings before hurrying off. Hagrid told him of the Vampire attack and then said nothing more as hoards of people greeted him. Harry blushed furiously and was happy when Hagrid ended the misery.

He then asked the questions he knew he had to ask. He was supposed to know nothing. And Hagrid told him of Voldemort and his attack on his parents and then concluded that he was favorite because of that. Harry tried to look startled and confused but it was hard as he knew of all that already. He could not go on like that. Soon people were bound to notice something. But what could he do? There wasn't much. He needed to talk to someone as soon as possible. But who was there?

To be continued...
End Notes:
Hey, here the new chapter... thanks daniegirl and sara xD
Hope you like this chappy as well....
I love reviews!
Little Whinging by Whitsnitch91
Author's Notes:
Getting closer to the important part of the storie....
Severus enter:...........
well, not yet... but the next one perhaps xD
Let me know what you think XD...
thanks a bunch for all the reviews!

They ate fish and chips in Muggle fashion and Harry drank a butter-beer, acting surprised by its delicious taste.

He could talk to Dumbledore, but his thoughts always went back to the things he had read and heard of the man. He knew that Rita Skeeter was a rotten lier but he knew that there was truth in it as well. At least a little truth.

"Tom offered you a room to sleep in, the shops won't open for the next few hours. Why don't you take a nap while I take mine?" Hagrid said as they had finished their late night dinner, Tom had lead him off as Hagrid put down his head and fell asleep, snoring instantly.

Harry snickered and blushed at the sound. God, he was so young.

"Well, this is your room tonight. Sleep well Harry Potter," Tom said and stared at him one last time before he closed the door. Harry yawned and went forwards to the bed. He was so tired.

There weren't many people he could trust with the vulnerable knowledge he held, but he knew that he needed help, he could never do it by himself. Not if he wanted it done fast. And he wanted to free Sirius Black somehow. Somehow-

Harry's eyes dropped and he feel into a deep slumber.

Hagrid looked at the sleeping boy a little later and sighed. He was so vulnerable, so small. James and Lily's son, their hope. Their future.

"Harry, come on. Time to get up," he called and the boy sat up instantly. He needed to get the secret thing out of Gringotts' and that was best before all the shoppers arrived. Harry sat up sleepy eyes and stretched. And god, he would buy new clothes while he was here.

"Okay, I am up," he said and Hagrid beamed at him. Harry followed the man into the street and was happy to see that it was relatively empty in the shopping street Diagon Alley.

"But Hagrid? How do I pay for all this, I don't have any money," Harry said as they came closer to the wizarding bank and Hagrid explained.

Harry looked around nervously, out of habit. He always felt followed even though he knew that there was no one now. Not yet. He had not been in danger in his first year. Except for Quirrel.

They entered the bank and Hagrid advised him to stay close as they neared the goblins. Harry did as he was told, though he knew that there was no real danger. They had actually been of much help in the final war, simply because they had not taken either side.

Hagrid put down both keys and Harry acted deaf as they talked of the secret vault. He turned around and looked around. He had been here dozens of times, he knew most of the bank and could identify most Kobolds. He followed Griphook and Hagrid into the the vault department, and stepped into the caart. He looked around as Hagrid told him of the Dragon legend. He knew it wasn't a legend, it was down there. He knew it because he had flown it, not to long ago.

"Here," Griphook said and Hagrid took the lamp while he unlocked the vault. Harry walked in and inhaled in surprise. It was more than he remembered. He had taken much out, especially as he moved into his own little apartment after the war. But now, it was full again, very very full. He walked forward and took some money while dropping galleons into his pocket. Hagrid did not have to know of his clothes need.

"Good," Hagrid said as they walked from the vault, back into the cart and rushed down deep, deep. Harry frowned and turned to Hagrid, though he knew where they were heading. Hagrid blushed and tried to serve him with a quick answer. Harry nodded, as he already knew that Hagrid was working for Hogwarts right now. Dumbledore had sent him to get the stone. And Harry knew. And Harry knew that there would be a break-in in a few days. Hagrid picked up the stone and stuffed it into his chest pocket.

"Top-secret," he said and then they went back up. Harry felt foolish as they exited the bank. He had picked up more money than in all his Hogwarts years combined. But he needed a new wardrobe and he would not again embarrass himself in front of his entire school.

"Hagrid, there is a normal clothes shop here somewhere, isn't there? I am in desperate need for new clothes and Uncle Vernon wanted to send me shopping anyhow. I am sure he would be okay with it. And he'll give me the money back," Harry asked and reassured the frowning giant.

"Yeah, Wizarding Wardrobes is a pretty fancy shop for the students. Why don't you go there and shop a bit, I'll get your books in the mean-time," Hagrid offered though he hesitated. But he walked the boy there anyhow and then took of in a fast stride down the alley. If he hurried, the boy was in no danger at all. If something happened Dumbledore would for sure have his head. Harry closed the door behind himself and looked around.

"Good day, can I help you?" a young girl asked and Harry smiled at her. He knew her. It was Nymphadora Tonks. What was she jobbing here? Perhaps work other than her Auror courses?

"Yes, I would need a whole new set of clothes before I start Hogwarts, Miss," he said and took her face in. She was beautiful. His throat tightened as he remembered seeing her in the row of death, Remus right next to her.  He could still not believe, get over that they had killed her in the war. No, Harry thought and almost shook himself, don't think of that.

"Ah, no need to 'miss' me here, Harry," she said and ruffled his hair beaming at him. Harry smiled at the double meaning of her words, she had no clue. She turned around and knocked a show-stand over, blushing furiously. Harry laughed, that was the Tonks he knew.

"Oops, clumsy me," she laughed along and took him down the aisle to the boys section.

"This id the more expensive section. If you want to buy clothes that grow along with you for ten inches or so, I would advise that only if you do not change your style all too often. Nothing for me, you know?" she said and winked. Harry smiled and looked at the simple jeans and shirts. They were nice as they were simple.

"Yes, I think that's okay for me," he said and Tonks hurried over to the jeans stand, picking out pants in his size and holding them up.

"What color?" she asked sticking her head out in-between the two pants. Light blue and dark.

"Dark, I think. But a light blue one would be good too. For the weekends and so," Tonks nodded and selected the pants for him.

"You know, I have an eye for these things," she said while looking through the shirts.

"So are you more the 'I don't care' or the 'I care' type?" she asked while holding two shirts up. One was cool with a dragon down the back while the other was simple black button down.

"The 'I care' type I guess," Harry said and Tonks took both. Soon he had really fancy button down sweaters and nice shirts.

"Here, I think this is really cool," Tonks yelled and held up a leather jacket and grey shirt with a dark blue jeans. Harry nodded, caught up in her mood.

"Yeah, and how about these shoes?" she added, holding up black sneakers. They looked similar to the muggle brand Puma, so he took them.

"Here, this scarf is really cool as well," she said and put it down on the pile without waiting for his words.

"And this, really great," she added and put down a summer pants and bright green shirt. "Matches your eyes as well." She put them down.  Next she picked out flip-flops and grey khaki shorts with a white tight shirt, and then picked a black pair of sun-glasses.

"Good, now do you need undergarments as well? If yes Boxers of briefs?" she asked without shame but Harry blushed furiously.

"Both I guess," he murmured, shame-faced. She hurried over and picked numerous pairs. Harry was soon laughing about the active young lady he knew for more than four years now, though she only knew him for a few minutes.

"Good, socks?" she asked and held up black socks and white short ankle socks.

"Yeah, sure," Harry said laughing. She smiled at him and put them down on the pile, and Harry was suddenly relieved that he had taken more money than originally planned to spend.

"Good, now one pair of cool shoes. The sneakers are cool enough, but how about this, really magic,not muggle at all. If you prefer that," with that she held up a disgusting pair of leather shoes, pointy at the end.

"Ugh, no" Harry said and Tonks put them down playing relieved. "Good, then the Muggle fashion but wizards' chucks?" She held up black and white chucks and Harry nodded.

"Very good, now we only need one more thing," she said and pushed Harry in front of a mirror.  "I don't know, and I really don't want to be insulting and please tell me if I am. My mom always says I never watch my big mouth, do you want something to hide that mark of yours a little or do you like it?" she asked and Harry blushed.

"Yeah, hiding it sounds nice. I never had this much attention before," he said nodding his head towards the slowly crowding alley.

"Good, here we have some hats. This one, is a normal cap, it's pretty cool and comes in handy. It saves you from the sun and wind," she said and pushed the cap down on his head, angling it a little and Harry opened his eyes. That looked pretty cool actually.  But she ripped it off a little later and pressed an Irish cap down on his head, but pulled a face after that.

"Nah, you'd need a haircut first. but I like your hair that way." And then she put a school hat down, not pointy, more the English Muggle school fashion. Harry leaned his head in an angle. That looked cool as well.

"I like both the first and third," he said and Tonks nodded in agreement.

"Yes. Now, I personally think that we pretty much have everything. Unless you stay at Hogwarts for the Christmas break. Do you have Winter clothes?" she asked and Harry shook his head.

"Well, then we need a jumper or two." She found them quickly and held them up. Black and Dark-blue with silver. Harry smiled.

"Yes," he said and she put them down. "Good, all you have now are strengthened with magic. They will stay clean for 48 hours, then they will have to be washed, unless you keep them clean anyhow. But the body smells, so I'd advise you to wash 'em," she babbled and Harry laughed. "And, they don't tear or rip for at least two years, after that you will simply have to be careful, like you have to be with your Muggle stuff, though you do not seem to be all to careful," she said with a look at his clothes, Harry blushed.

"Ah, there it was again. My mouth. Sorry," she said smacking her own hand playfully to lighten the mood.

"Nah, that's okay. I only get the hand-me downs of my cousin. That's why I need everything new, you know?" he said and Tonks sobered up at once.

"Um, sorry. Well, best you came here then. I am the best at this. God, I am happy you came before lunch time. Michael, the one who starts at two, has no taste for fashion what so ever. He would have given you pink pants and a yellow shirt without hesitation," she said and Harry started laughing again.

"Yeah, you here by yourself? We could go have lunch together," she said and looked around the shop.

"Well, Hagrid is here with me. but I am sure he wouldn't mind," Harry said, happy to be around the cheerful girl. How he had missed his friends.

"Hagrid? Oh my god, I haven't seen him in ages," Tonks said and walked Harry over to the counter. She packed all the clothes up and then looked at him shocked.

"Oh, I think I have been a little too active today. You know, I will offer you the "I slayed who-must-not-be-named-" discount," she said and turned the prize list towards him. But Harry shrugged. His set of clothes he had bought when starting his auror trainee program had been more expensive. Way more.

"No, that's okay," Harry said and grabbed for his wallet.

"What, no you'll get the discount. You are the walking commercial, people see you and come knocking down the walls," Tonks joked and tipped something into the cash register.

"There, now its only forty three galleons and two sickels," she said and Harry smiled at her. She had gone down almost more than half.

"You won't loose your job or something though, right?" he asked while putting down.

"Nah, I'll most probably be employee of the month if I tell them that I served the Boy Who Lived," she said and then smacked her hand again.

"Me and my big mouth," she said feverishly. Harry snickered. Great, she packed up the clothes in four big bags and put them down.

"Why don't you go and finish your shopping and pick me up here at two? I will keep your bags safe in the mean time and you won't carry yourself silly," she offered and Harry nodded smiling.

Hagrid waited outside holding up ice-cream. "That took pretty long," he said and pointed at the melting ice.

"Yeah sorry, but that sales lady really was funny," he said and waved Tonks as they walked past the last window.

"Nymphadora? Yes, she is a funny one," Hagrid said and they walked towards Olivanders. My wand, I'll get it back. Harry thought relieved.

"I pretty much got everything else for you," Hagrid said as they entered the shop and Harry smiled. "Yeah, I am sorry. Took longer than expected,"  Harry said and hushed as the white heard spooky looking man came forward.

The same scene rolled past him again. But this time he was not as spooked out and waited for the man to hand him the first wand. The second wand was fruitless as well. Then he felt goose bumps raise over his arms. He had been without a wand less than twenty-four hours, but he was still spooked out. The elder wand was most probably with Dumbeldore again, he had not seen it in his vault where he had left it after the whole war scenario.

"Curious..," Oliverander began as the third wand chose him. The feeling was great but Harry was happy to hold his wand in his hand again. It was his wand.

"What is curious sir?" he asked and then Oliver pretty much repeated his story. He knew that Voldemort had the same wand and had tried to kill him as a baby. He had tried to kill him pretty much again his whole life.

"Thank you, sir," Harry said politely as they exited the office.

"Hagrid, Tonks invited me for lunch. Would you mind?" Harry said as he looked at his watch five more minutes.

"Um, I have to hurry back to Hogwarts. Dumbledore wanted me to drop you off in little Little Whinging," he said but was most uncomfortable.  Harry cracked a smile, seldomly seen on his now all of a sudden young face.

"I could take the train back. I still have Muggle money that would be no problem for my uncle. He does not mind all too much anyhow. Or I could call him to pick me up," Harry said and prayed for the man to trust him.

"You know what, I will ask Tonks to drop you off," Hagrid said and they walked to the shop together. Harry bit back a groan. He did not want to go back. He would have hid at the Leaky Cauldron or something until school started. Vernon would flip anyhow when he got back, he was sure to get the worst hiding of his life.

"Yeah, sounds good. I can ask her though, if you are in a hurry," Harry panted as Hagrid almost jogged. His strides were long enough to have him running to keep up.

"Why, that would be great, thank you Harry," Hagrid beamed and then pulled his shrunken trunk out of his pocket.

"There, she can enlarge for you as well. See you in four weeks," Hagrid said before turning on the spot and disaparating with a loud crack.

Harry looked at the empty spot for a minute and felt a bad conscience overcome him at once. Now, how would he make Tonks play her part?

To be continued...
End Notes:
This one was easy to write, I am afraid of Severus entering though, its always so hard to anticipate his behaviour and then slowly understanding and maybe even changing his character a weeeeeeee little bit, to do my bidding...
the next chapter should be up soon, the more reviews... the faster it comes!
Worth the trouble by Whitsnitch91
Author's Notes:
Sorry for the long wait, had some trouble writing Snape scenes, an extra long chapter just for you!

"Oi, Harry?" the now pink-haired girl called as she exited her shop. Harry turned and beamed at her. She was no older than twenty or so.

"Ready for lunch. Hey, where is Hagrid?" Tonks asked confused, looking around wildly.

"Oh yeah, he had to rush back to Hogwarts. The Headmaster wanted to see him. Hagrid is totally nervous and all and wants me to ask you to drop me off at home. But honestly, I can do that by myself," Harry said. He followed the girl towards the grizzly grinch, a restaurant he had never eaten in.

"Yeah, they are always way to careful those adults," Tonks agreed and Harry opened the door for her, feeling stupid as he was barely tall enough to reach her shoulders.

"Yeah, my relatives aren't at all. I am in London once a week. They trust me somewhat," he said, trying to prepare her.

"Wow, that's great. You could come by more often and we could eat together." She smiled and they sat down in a corner chair.

"Yeah, that's what I thought too. And my relatives will go on vacation in a week anyhow. They said that I could either stay at home for the meantime or sleep at a friends. I will ask if they would mind to pay for the leaky cauldron. I am so much closer to the wizards that way," he said excitedly.

"Wow, they trust you bunch then, huh? My parents would have never left me home alone. But I am clumsy and I would have most probably set the house on fire your age." She laughed and Harry joined in.

"Yeah, the thing is, they don't care much. You know. So they wouldn't mind," he said a little quieter now.

"They don't care about you? The Harry Potter?" she whispered, outraged.

"Well, you know. They are Muggles and they know nothing of the wizarding world so they are not as drawn to all of it. For them I am simply the nephew they had to take in," he said and smiled a little. He was not really mad about it anymore, or sad or anything, it was all too long ago, but they did not know that, he had to be more careful. "So if I ask them to have me stay here, they will happily oblige," Harry ended and Tonks smiled at him.

"Wait, I haven't even introduced myself, have I?" she asked all of a sudden, "Well, I am Nymphadora Tonks, don't laugh, my mother thought it funny to name that way. I hate it. So I am simply Tonks." she said and held out her hand.

Harry took it and smiled. "Well, you know who I am. I am Harry," he said and Tonks burst out laughing.

"So what do you want? I'll pay so don't worry about the costs," she said and Harry ordered German Schnitzel. He could have taken something more magic, but sometimes Muggle tasted as good as magic.

"Good, I'll take the same," Tonks said to the waitress who served them Butterbeer.

"So do you know any spells?" she asked as she held the bottle in both hands, making sure not to knock it over.

"No, I didn't even know that I was a wizard until Hagrid told me this night," Harry said and bit his lip. Actually he had known for more than eight years now, but they didn't know that, he had to be careful.

"Wow," Tonks said, not knowing what to say. "That's pretty, ohm, surprising, I would say. I mean, you are like the hero here. Every child knows you, god, my mother told me bed-time stories of you." She laughed easing the situation a little.

"Tonks, how old are you?" Harry asked all of a sudden. Bed-time stories?

"Ha-ha, I am twenty," she said and Harry smiled.

"Wow, I didn't think you were that young," he teased a little and Tonks lifted her hands in played offense.

"Mr. Harry Potter," she chided loudly wagging her finger in his face, but before she could continue everybody in the restaurant had turned around to stare at them.

Little 'oohs' and 'ahhs' and 'The Harry Potter' where heard everywhere and Harry ducked his head in embarrassment.

"Never seen a boy and a girl eating lunch before? Mind you own," Tonks snapped a minute later and everybody turned away after a while, though a young man still stared at them and Harry almost choked on his butterbeer as he recognized the face.

"Mr. Potter," came the smooth and silky greeting and Severus got up lightly.

"Harry, this will be your Potions Professor at Hogwarts, I am pleased to introduce Severus Snape," Tonks said and shook the mans hand. Snape was young Harry noticed all of a sudden.

"Good afternoon Professor Snape," he greeted and stood up to shake the man's hand, trying hard to make a good, well at least for the man, first impression.

"Where, if I may ask, is Hagrid? I was under the impression that he was to be your guide today?"

"He had to leave for Hogwarts. We asked Tonks if she would bring me home and she agreed," Harry said smoothly and looked at Tonks to avoid eye-contact, trying to hide his thoughts. His occlumency was good, but he doubted it was good enough with straight eye-contact to Snape, and he really did not want to show just yet that he knew some occlumency.

"Interesting. Well I am sure, Miss Tonks, that Harry will get there safely," Snape said, an obvious warning in his voice, before turning around and walking back to his own table. He sat alone Harry noticed sadly.

"Professor, why don't you join us?" Harry asked all of a sudden. Snape turned around features frozen.

"Thank you, Mr. Potter, but I politely deny. I see that you and Nymphadora are more than happy even without my company," he said and Tonks bristled at him using her first name.

"Tonks, if you please, Severus," Tonks shot back smiling mischievously. Severus turned around without another word but Harry was baffled. Snape had been somewhat nice, still cold, but not crazy mean.

"So, I am bringing you home?" Tonks whispered.

"I really don't want to go back there. I will simply take a room at the leaky cauldron and that should be fine. You just have to play along. If you want you can say that I ran off, or that you delivered me but then don't know what I have done," Harry almost begged.

"You know what. I will apparate you home, and I will apparate back a second later. From there you will have to see what you do. I just can't lie. You know, I am studying to become an Auror. And I really do not want to be kicked out of the program," Tonks said somewhat taken aback by his sudden breakout.

"Yeah, that's good enough," Harry said and smiled at her.

"And you know the best thing?" Tonks asked after a while.

"No, what?" Harry asked thinking furiously of how he could get away from little Whinging the fastest.

"You can use magic while you are here. There are just too many wizards here, and I could teach you a couple of good spells, you know. Stuff to use to tease some snobby other first-years," she whispered and Harry smiled. He doubted that the girl could teach him anything, but he had to play along.

He saw how Snape got up and walked towards the rest-rooms out of the corner of his eyes and quickly said how he would love that before excusing himself. Hurrying after the man, he waited a minute before walking in. Snape was standing by the sink, leaning against the tiled wall, arms crossed over his chest, usual snerr firmly planted on his face. Harry swallowed. Had the man been waiting for him?

"Professor?" he asked carefully and Snape raised an eyebrow.

"Can I ask you something that needs to stay between ourselves?" he asked and Snape sneered at him.

"Well, I need to talk to you in private, sir. It is really important," Harry said carefully and Snape raised his eyebrow even further.

"Please?" Harry felt bad. Why in the world had he done that?

"Yes, I trust that you will be at the leaky cauldron tonight?" Snape asked and Harry smiled. The man had not changed at all.

"Yes, sir," he said and with that Snape nodded curtly and walked past him leaving him standing there by himself. He took a deep breath, this had been easier and harder at the same time, then imagined. It had been easy because Snape had given him  the chance to bring forward his appeal and because the man had not brushed it off as chilidish nonsense. But harder in the sense that Snape seemed different, not much but a bit. And it was just hard seeing the man alive again. Young, alive and just different.

"Sorry about that," Harry said a minute later and sat down opposite of Tonks who now had purple hair. "How do you do that, changing your hair I mean?" Harry asked remembering that he should not know yet.

"Oh, I am a Metamorphogus, its a nice treat. I can change my appearance to whatever extent I wish to," she said and smiled wildly changing her hair a flashing red.

"Wow, can I learn that too?"

"Nah, it has to run in the blood you know?" she said and Harry nodded. He had already known that. Their lunch was delicious and Harry savored every little bite.

"Okay, I will apparate you back now okay?" Harry nodded and they left the restaurant together.

"Wait, I think I should get my clothes out of your shop first, right?" Harry asked and Tonks smacked her forehead.

"Yes, I have them; here," she said and pulled little bags out of her pocket. Harry smiled and stuffed them in his pocket thankfully.

"Yes, thank you. Do you want to meet for lunch tomorrow at the same time?" he asked and Tonks nodded her head yes.

"Great, I will pick you up at two then. And next time, I will pay," he said and with that grabbed the girl's hand. Tonks laughed and apparated away with him by her side.

"Thank you, Harry. It was a pleasure meeting you. See you tomorrow?!"

Harry nodded but before he could say something she was gone. Harry laughed and turned towards the house. His relatives were back already.

He walked towards the door and knocked. The door was pulled open forcefully and before he could do something he was pulled in by his hair. Vernon screamed something into his face shaking him violently. Harry yelled up in pain and fear. He had forgotten that they were angry.

"How dare you you freak!" Vernon screamed and Harry screamed up as the man smacked him into the wall head-first. Vernon held him there with a hand in his neck pressing him forward violently.

"Let go of me-" Harry yelled but screamed as Vernon's belt hit him across the back of his legs. Bucking wildly, Harry tried to squirm away, but the belt got him again, the buckle scraping skin of his hip.

"You filthy good for nothing, just like your rotten father!!" Vernon yelled striking the eleven year old defenseless boy again.

"Let go of me, you fat ass!!" Harry screamed, crying of pain. Why had he come here?

Vernon striked his backside again and again, and Harry soon stopped fighting, hanging from the wall limply. He knew he was bleeding, he felt it trickling down his legs.

"You freak," Vernon ended slamming his head into the wall. Harry fell backwards, right eyebrow swelling fast.

"You asshole," Harry pressed out trying to fight himself to his feet. He forgot he was eleven and small, he fought back, fists up he stormed towards the fully grown man, double his size and five times his weight. Vernon grabbed him by the hair and backhanded him across the face violently. Harry's face snapped to the right. He stopped fighting immediately as he swayed on his feet fighting to stay conscious.

"You do not fight me!" Vernon screamed, spraying his salvia everywhere, and then he pushed him, hard. Harry flew against the door, banging his head again.

"Urgh." He lay there crumbled looking at the fat beast. Vernon kicked his foot at him before turning away and hurrying into the kitchen.

Harry cried out in pain and fought himself to his feet swaying as he walked out the door. He only had to make it to the door and then to Mrs. Figgs. She would clean him up and then he could use- He stopped himself. No, he couldn't. He couldn't.

He turned around and walked the other direction, blood trickling down his back and down his face. His eyebrow had ripped open and the cut was deep. He stumbled forwards and fell to his knees and barely hushed a scream. He was physically too weak for this. Barely able to keep his eyes open he lifted his wand, and with a bang the knightbus appeared.

"Hey, are you okay?" a man asked, jumping out of the bus. He lifted the boy up and sat him down on the step. Harry shuddered from the pain. His uncle had beaten him bloody with the belt.

"Yeah, I'm okay," Harry said weakly and opened his eyes. His right eye was almost swollen shut. The man looked at him and his eyes were full of pity. Harry took in a sharp breath. It was Healer Smallwith. The healer who had fixed him up after he had been almost killed by a crazy gang of young Deatheater's after the war.

"Where do you want to go?" he asked quietly. Harry shuddered again.

"Leaky Cauldron. Not the hospital. I'm fine," Harry said as he saw the young man lift his eyes in disbelief.

"Well okay. Seven sickels then," he said and lifted Harry up into a seat. "I am studying to become a healer. Do you want me to fix you up a little? I can not do much yet, but I can at least heal the cut," he said and lifted his wand.

"Nah, I'm good," Harry said. He knew that the blood probably covered up his scar or the man would have taken him to the hospital at once.

"Whatever you say." The young man sighed and took the sickels but handed the boy a glass of water.

The ride was bumpy, and Harry had soon bloodied his sweater and the seat behind him. Getting up at his destination, Healer Smallwith stared at him but cleaned the seat as Harry simply shrugged. Limping of the steps he headed straight for the door. Right before the door he concentrated hard and charmed a glamour on himself, hiding his bruises and cuts. Then he cast a scourgefy and brought up all his self control to not limp.

"Tom, I need a room," he said and Tom looked up from the desk. Frowning he came forward and handed him a key.

"Very well. It's twenty sickels a night, thirty if you want to eat breakfast here," he said. Harry took his keys nodded in thanks, and then went for the indicated door. Tom frowned behind him.

"Are you okay, Mr. Potter?" he dared to ask just before the boy had reached his door.

Harry turned around eyes tearing. "Yes, I am fine. My relatives wanted me to stay here until school began. They don't like wizards all to much," he said and then opened the door to his room and stumbled in.

After closing the door behind himself he took a shaky breath, the glamours vanished and he fell to his knees. Crying out, he lifted his hands to his face, brushing his fingers over his swollen eye. Blood stuck to his fingers, and when he reached back to feel his welts and torn skin he almost screamed out in pain. He needed to clean himself up if Snape would see him later. He could write Snape as well, telling him that tonight wouldn't work. Harry paled. Hagrid had not bought him Hedwig! He had no owl. He needed to buy her now, before someone else did! He stood up and cast a quick healing charm on his eye. Then he cast another one on his back. Then he scourgefied his face again. Shaking he left his room, locking the door behind himself.

"Out this late?" Tom asked looking at the clock on the far wall. It was seven p.m..

"Yes, sir. A brisk walk. I will be back in a couple of minutes," Harry said quickly. Was Tom concerned? He did not need someone to take care of him.

Harry left the shop and hurried to the owlery. He did not notice Snape who saw him exiting the leaky cauldron.

Following the limping boy, he walked after him, keeping in the shadows. Why was the boy limping? Had he been in a fight? He had been fine this afternoon.

Harry drew in a shaky breath. The Healing charm would not work long, he was to weak, the pain was drawing on his magical strength. He walked into the owlery and saw his Hedwig at once. His girl, his best friend.

"I would like that one, sir," he told the man who stood behind the counter.

"That one is already on hold," the clerk said indicating to the beautiful Snowy owl.

"I will pay more," Harry said. The clerk hesitated. Harry looked at the price. Twelve galleons.

"It's on hold," the clerk repeated.

"Twenty Galleons," Harry said, knowing the man would go up in the price.

"Thirty."

Harry turned around. "Twenty-two," he said, taking out the galleons.

"Twenty-seven," he said.

Harry narrowed his eyes. "Twenty-five," he said clearly. He would not go up further, he thought for himself, but he knew he would pay all his money for his owl. Every last Knut.

"Okay, have her," he said and took the cage down. Hedwig cooed happily.

"Hedwig," Harry said softly. He bought feed and treats for her, and then left the shop, almost in tears. He would break down any second if he did not hurry up. He walked past the apothecary and stopped dead. He could buy some healing balm.

Snape frowned. Why in hell had the boy bought the owl for twice the price, there were prettier owls in there. And why in hell was he limping? He ducked into a shadow as the boy stopped in front of the apothecary.

Harry entered and put the cage down by the door.

"Sir, I would like some healing balm and pain reducer please," he said.

The man lifted his eyes and looked at him. "I am not allowed to sell potions and balms to children," he said and turned back to his magazine.

Harry frowned. "Sir, I am able to pay for them," he said. He had never heard that they weren't on sale for children.

"Yes, but that does not change the law. Come back with an adult and I will gladly sell them to you," he said and Harry frowned.

"Well, thanks anyway," he said and hurried out, limping almost too much to walk.

He hurried back to the leaky cauldron, Hedwig tooting in her cage. Harry lifted her to his face.

"Don't worry Hedwig, I am fine. I'll let you out in a bit, okay?" he said and then reentered the leaky cauldron, going straight for his room.

"Wow, it wasn't like this before, was it? Was it because I fought back? Or because I was walking around now?" Harry mumbled to himself as he walked through the door, locking eyes with his first ever best friend.

"Who cares, you are totally worth it!"

To be continued...
End Notes:
Okay... really long chapter!!!
Just for you guys.. as I said, I had a really really hard time with Severus, but it should be a little easier from now on...
Please let me know what you think...
Tour of thoughts by Whitsnitch91

He put Hedwig down by the window and then pulled out his trunk. Enlarging it he unpacked his potion stuff. He would brew his own healing balm then.

Lighting a little fire with his gas tank he stood the cauldron over it and took out his book. The balm was not hard and he should have all the supplies on hand if Hagrid got everything.

Dicing the nettleweeds and chopping the tannelbeans he poured two spoon fulls of water into the cauldron. Waiting for the right temperature he added the contents, paying attention to the preparations. Stirring the rod in the right moments and movements he was done 3 minutes later. Wow, it had taken him almost an hour in class. He frowned and made sure that he had not forgot something. Why in hell was he done already? But he found no mistake. He poured it into a vial and put it down by the window to cool off. Crying in pain he cleaned up his things.

As he stood by the sink he paled. The cut was back and the blood was oozing down the right side of his face. His eyebrow was turning numerous shades of blue and was badly swolen. But he could not perform another healing spell right now, he was to tired. Cleaning up his trunk he stripped out of his clothes crying out in pain as the shirt ripped the bloodcrusts of his belt-cuts.

Snape stood in front of the door and frowned. The boy was obviously crying, he could hear the muffled sobs. He almost kicked the door open when he heard the boy cry out in pain.

"Incendio," Harry whispered as he put his clothes into the chimney, closing the gutter fast as the clothes lit up. Harry cried out again and crawled over to the window. Hedwig was cooing nervously now, lifting her legs in a nervous pattern.

"Its okay girl, I will rest a little now. Don't you worry. Go hunt a mouse for the night," Harry said and opened the cage. Hedwig looked at him wide eyed but spread her wings and hopped out of the cage. She nibbed his finger softly before flying out of the window.

"Calm down Harry. You are fine," Harry said to himself and felt the balm. It was still too warm. It was barely six. Snape was sure to come a little later. He could take a cold shower and calm down before trying to heal himself again.

He stood there naked and shivered in pain. Snape for sure could heal him in a flash of a second. But he would not show him, Ii was humiliating. He was beaten to a pulp by his fat uncle. And Snape thought him rotten spoiled, ha.

He turned towards the wash room and whimpered, the movement tearing his welts open again. He stopped dead as it knocked.

"Potter, it's me. Open up," Snape snapped. Harry paled, he could not let him in yet.

"One moment sir, I am changing," he called and looked around wildly. It was still smelling of potion-making in here and his clothes were still burning somewhat.

"Open up, or I will come in," Snape said as he had waited for a minute in the hall. It was not that he was being stared at that anoyed him most, but that the boy was obviously in grave pain but too proud to accept help.

"One moment please," Harry choked, trying not to scream in pain. He enlarged his shopping bag and carefully took out a pair of black boxer shorts. He eased them over his beaten thighs as the door opened and Snape stood there.

Harry turned around and stumbled away from him. He stood there like the arch-angel. All dressed in black, cloak billowing in the air rushing through the opened door, hair smooth and face set.

"I said a moment please," Harry cried out trying desperately to pull his shorts over his abused legs and bottom. He succeded and blushed furiously. The man had just seen him naked, seen all about him.

"Yes, and I said now or I would come in nontheless," Snape said and closed the door behind himself.

Harry held his breath and quickly pulled out a new shirt to hide his back.

"No, don't dress. You are a mess. What happened Potter, were you cheeky?" he asked snidely, and rushed forward only to halt.

"Have you brewed in here?" he asked, paling. Anything could have happened with the boy playing around with potions.

"Yes, I brewed a healing balm. Its laying by the window to cool off," Harry whispered voice shaking. He stood there, skinny, beaten and pale in his boxers, chest heaving in concealed sobs.

"It looks good to me. Go lie down on your bed. Face down," Snape instructed picking up the warm potion, cooling it with a quick motion of his wand.

"Now Potter," he repeated as the boy had not moved.

Harry took a careful step towards the bed whimpering quietly, the pain was excruciating. Snape grabbed the boy by his shoulders and helped him forwards. No matter how much he hated the boy, he would not see him suffering of a serious beating longer than he had to. Whoever had done this to the boy had apparently been too angry to realize with what side of the belt he was hitting.

"Lay down," he repeated and Harry fell forward onto his stomach, crying out. Snape opened the vial and dipped his finger in the potion. So the boy had talent for Potion brewing, just like his mother.

He carefully spread the balm over the deepest cut on the boys hip and then spread some over the boys back. He was really a mess. Beaten way too hard. There was no control at all. Someone had simply swung the belt around.

"I will pull down your underpants now, Potter. Lift your hip," he said, feeling mighty uncomfortable himself.

Harry blushed but did as he was told. He could not stand the pain any longer himself and was happy that there was someone to help him, he did not even care that it was Snape.

Snape pulled down the boy's boxers and inhaled. How in the world had the boy moved? The behind was beaten black and blue, blistered and bloody.

He dipped his finger in the vial again. It was almost empty. He spread some on the deep cuts, and then some on the bruises. The last bit he kept for the boys face.

Pulling the boy's undergarments back up he walked around the bed and leaned down.

"Lift your head," he said calmly and then spread some on the cut and blackened eye.

"Stay here and don't move. I will be back in a little bit," Snape said and turned on the spot apparting right into the apothecary.

"Healing balm and pain relievers please," he ordered and put the eight sickels down on the counter. The man looked at him and sighed.

"For the boy who was here a minute ago? You know its the law, I would have helped him but-"

Snape took the vials and nodded.

"I understand." With that he plopped away again, ignoring the two knuts he would get back.

He walked over to the boy who was still whimpering quietly. He started at the boys hip again, working up the back and down until his legs. Harry groaned in pain and pleasure as the man touched his welts and the pain eased.

"Good, turn around," Snape said as all the welts were taken care of. Harry whimpered but turned onto his back. Snape leaned forward and spread some more balm onto the boys face.

"Now, drink this," he said and held the pain reliever forward.

Harry drank without questioning the man and the pain reduced instantly. "Thank you," he said as the taste slowly faded and he grew sure that he would not sick up.

"Don't think about it," he said lamely and got up. "Who did this to you?" he asked as Harry fought to get himself to his feet, putting on his new clothes, dark jeans, dragon shirt and leather jacket, with the black sneakers.

He felt good, he looked really good. Snape watched the boy patiently. It was apparent that the clothes were new, and he knew that his old clothes were burning in the chimney, the smell was lingering in the small room.

"Doesn't matter," Harry said and put on his head his sunglasses, concealing his identity from everyone.

Snape lifted his eyebrows. The boy looked quite flashing, and he would not recognize him.

"It does matter. But did you have dinner?" he asked and as the boy shook his head. He held out his arm.

"We will go to have dinner," he said as the boy looked at him questioningly. Harry grabbed the offered armpit and got hoisted aways roughly. How he hated apparating. Snape smirked at him and then took his wand and changed his appearance into muggle-wear.

Harry's mouth fell open. He had not once, in all his years seen the man in muggle clothing. The man looked pretty similar to him, just without a hat and with leather shoes. The leather jacket suits him well, Harry thought instantly and smiled at the man. They looked like father and son somehow. Snape turned and strode forward.

Harry followed Snape up a rather busy footwalk and then stood beside him.

They were standing before a real restaurant. Not a fast-food restaurant or cheap diner, or snack-pub.

Snape walked into the restaurant and the woman waved him forward. "Sev, you have a son?" she asked but did not wait for an answer. Snape inhaled in surprise but then realized as well that they did look alike, the outfit and the black hair.

"Here," she put menus down at a corner seat and smiled at them both before leaving. Snape stayed silent. The boy would most probably freak on him any second now. But wait, the boy did not know that he and his father had not gotten along at all, did he?

"So, you wanted to talk to me?" he said and looked at the boy who avoided his eyes at first.

"Yes, but I think it would be easier for you to see. Take your time, but please, don't hurt me with it, yes sir?" Harry asked, sounding like the whiny eleven year old he now was.

"How, you brought your diary?" Snape snapped annoyed. He was not willing to play games with the boy.

"No, Proffessor," Harry snapped back. "Use your legilimens or something. I know you are capable of it," he said and then finally lifted his eyes to look at the man.

"No, first tell me what I will see. I will not rape your mind without any reason," he said and stared down at the cheeky brat.

"It would be easier for you to take the tour of my thoughts," Harry repeated though he already knew that he had lost.

To be continued...
End Notes:
Oh my god, I was so busy with school and tests and work and so on that I just did not have any time!!! I am so sorry!
Thank you so much for your revies, I hope that this chapter is not a disapointment for so many of you!
I will try very hard to the next chapter up tomorrow... sorry for the long wait!
Not every Memory is peachy by Whitsnitch91
Author's Notes:
Okay, new chapter it might be a little confusing though. But thanks for the reviews.
As chapters 3-5 were corrected for me by Jan, thank you so much again.
I am temporarily looking for a beta, but I really don't know how that works, so if one would take their time to explain, I would really really appreciate that.

"I thought I made myself clear?" Snape asked, almost taking housepoints, shaking his head on himself he softened his features yet again, the boy was not even at Hogwarts yet.

"Okay. But you have to listen before you ask questions or don't believe me." Harry began and then leaned back in his seat.

"I know that you are loyal to us Severus Tobias Snape. You betrayed my parents to Voldemort yes, but right after you realized what you have done you told Dumbledore. Dumbledore forgave you and then used you as his spy. Since you betrayed my parents you worked for dumbledore telling him and the order everything you were able to find out. But the night my parents were killed you felt such great sorrow that you swore that you would keep me safe until my dying day," Harry began.

Snape's eyes almost fell out of his head. He opened his mouth to ask the boy where he had heard all that but then remembered the boys conditions.

"I know of this because I have been eleven before, I have been to school and I have defeated Voldemort before," he took a deep breath, "During the second war many people were murdered because I was not careful enough. You, at that time, were no help for me, I did not trust you, you were for me the spy that worked for Voldemort, betraying us all. Dumbledore tried to make it clear to me that you were loyal to us, but you were mean to me, thinking that I was just like my father, not caring to see that I was not. I would never bully anyone, as I was bullied myself. But you wouldn't see that. So I grew to hate you. And then as you killed Dumbledore to safe your god-son Draco I was willing to kill you. But Voldemort was faster than me, because he was searching for something that you had at that time and to get it, he had to kill you. While you were dying you showed me memories of the plan Dumbledore had worked out with you, which demanded you to kill him and memories of you and my mother together," Harry paused as their waitress brought them a glass of coke.

Snape swallowed hard, up to now this story sounded like a fantasy nightmare the boy had had. But he had seen no trace of a lie.

"When the battle was over and I had lost so many people I grew detached and sick.  I was not capable of leaving people into my personal space as Voldemort had tried to reach me through my loved ones. When Deatheaters got a hold of my Girlfriend and send her back in pieces and the order held me captive to not safe her I grew fanatic, I swore to go back in time and change everything. And after months and months of searching and planning I had finally found a way. The Necklace of Time, I found it and wished myself back to my 11 birthday," Harry ended.

Looking down into his glass he waited for his teacher to react.

"So I was a terrible teacher to you?" Snape asked. He knew that that could be true. He had been dreading meeting the boy, fearing the spawn of James, but he had been waiting for him as well, hoping to see Lilly in there.But he looked so much like James and he was pretty sure that he could have simply ignored the Lilly in him and focused on his appearance and therefor made his life hell.

"You hated me," Harry corrected somewhat and looked up. Snape looked at him. His eyes, those were Lilly's eyes. The eyes he loved and adored.

"I killed Dumbledore?" He asked and swallowed. He could never, never ever do that.

"Yes, he made you. And you swore to Dracos mother to save him and fulfull his mission should he fail. You did the unbreakable vow, so you basically had no choice as Lucius had failed him and Voldemort ordered Draco to kill Dumbledore." Harry said avoiding the startling black-eyes.

"He killed me?" Snape asked horsely.

"He had nagini kill you, yes." Harry said quietly.

"It would be much easier to understand if you see, Professor. I do not mind, I know you will be careful. I have nothing to be ashamed of. You can see everything, well not really everything, leave my memories with my girlfriend alone, but the rest you can see," he said and Snape gave him a brief smirk.

"Good, relax and breath evenly," he said and then looked the boy in the eyes.

"Legilimens," He chanted and flew into the boys thoughts and was taken on a quick tour.

He started at the boys childhood, being beaten by Vernon, the whale of an uncle, bullied in school. The the Zoo, Hagrid at diagon alley, Hogwarts express, Entrance hall, Draco, Sorting, Pain Quirrels head. First classes, Potions, him being a total prat, halloween quidittch, snape apparently cursing his broom, Snape bleeding, them advancing the fluffy monster, slipping through the door falling into the weed, the broom, the chess, his potions quiz the mirror. Quirrel explaining everything. Voldemort in his head. Harry winning and then end of year. A summer full of beatings, The weasleys saving him with a flying car. Summer at the weasleys harry getting smacked on the rear by arthur for the car incident. Snape chuckled slightly. Second year, arriving with car at school, snape being a prat, the attacks on students, Harry being blamed, the duel clup, following the spiders, almost dying, the chamber of secrets, tom riddle, the diary, saving ginny, winning over the basilisk, freeing Dobby leaving school. Third year sirius and lupin, sirius being innocent, Snape taking all the fame, the timeturner. The memories got blurry and Severus realized the boys eyes were tearing. Them saving the dog. Lupin transforming. Summer, full of beatings, no hope, no save of Sirius. Visiting the WEasleys, World cup, deatheaters, dark mark, Barty crouch junior, school, goblet of fire, harry being chosen, Moody helping him, first task dragon, him helping cedric, second task, cedric helping him. Harry asking cho out, The yule ball, Victor Krum with a girl named Hermione. Harry dancing with a girl. Third task, maze, Harry fearing death, helping cedric, sharing win, portkey, grave yard voldemort returning Cedric dying-

Snape ripped himself out of the memory flood and Harry wiped his eyes quickly. Snapes breath was hitching panic taking over his body. He saw blackspots in front of his eyes as he tried to calm down. Harry looked at his Coke glass again and waited for the man to get a hold on himself. The waitress came forward and Harry smiled at her.

"We need a little longer, ma'am," he said and the woman turned around without realizing that something was amiss. "You have more to see," harry said quietly and raised his head, heart hurting at the painful memories.

Snape looked up and reconnected to the boys memories.

Cedric dying, lying at his feet. Voldemort coming back, Snape shuddered and Harry  squeezed his eyes shut. Wormtail holding up a metal hand. Harry and Voldemort dueling Priori Incantatem, his Parents, cedric begging him to take the body back. Harry running back, crowd screaming in fear and sorrow at the dead Diggory, Harry being taken by Moody. Moody being Barty junior, Poly-juice potion, changing back, wanting to kill him. Dumbledore barging in, saving him. Revealing the true story under Veritaserum. Going back home, nightmares every night, seeing the dead Cedric, his parents, reliving the night of Voldemorts return. The fat cousin teasing him about it, Harry drawing his wand, Dementors showing up, almost sucking the cousins soul out, Harry saving them, the order picking him up, living at Grimmauld place, with Black. Love, guidiance, protection, family. Back to school, Umbridge cutting feather, Umbridge being nasty, Snape being nasty, everybody being nasty. Dumbledores Army, Vision of Arthur attack, Occlumency lessons, Snape raping his mind, teaching the armystrong defense class, being found out, Dumbledore running off, kids feeling alone, fred and George running off, vision of Sirius being held captive, Snape brushing the boys cry for help of, kids running off to ministry, Sirius killed by bellatrix Ron almost dying-.

He felt the sensation of being kicked out of someones mind and a second later looked at the almost crying boy.

"Sorry-" Harry said and wiped his eyes. "It's just hard. This body is so weak," he explained wiping his eyes again.

"Don't worry. Let's eat first," he said as he saw the waitress coming forward. He simply ordered for them both and looked at the eleven year old boy.

"You are strong," he said sternly as the boy avoided his eyes. " You fought the most evil wizard and lived to tell of it. You are strong. Don't doubt yourself," He repeated and Harry nodded briefly, reassuring and strengthening himself.

"Take another glimpse. Food will take a while. Now comes the most interesting year for us. That's why I am so eager to talk to you," he said and Snape nodded hesitantly.

Harry running after Bellatrix, Voldemort intruding his mind, taking control of him. Harry being back at the Dursleys, alone and injured deeply. Sorrowful. Then at Grimmauld place, painful as he did not want to be there. School, train Malfoy acting funny, trying to find out, beaten by him, Dumbledore taking him under his hoot, Slughorns fanclub, Malfoy sneaking, over-hearing a conversation between Snape and Malfoy, Slughorn teaching Potions, felix felicity. His Potion book, winning, talking to Slughorn of hidden memorie, being thrown out, Ron almost dying of poison, Katy Bell almost killed with necklace. Getting the memory of Slughorn showing Dumbledore, Horcrux explained. Going on the trip, trying to get the Horcrux, coming back, shool invaded by death-eaters. Malfoy disarming dumbledore not able to kill him, Snape coming telling harry to be quiet and hide going up and killed Dumbledore-

Snape ended the memory stream and leaned back in his seat, eyes tearing.

"I wouldn't- I couldn't-," he started, voice almost breaking.

"You would could and did. It's not happened yet, Professor. I am showing you this for a few reasons. But you will need to see the rest to understand. Please," Harry almost begged, his voice filled with pain.

Snape nodded and entered the stream of thoughts, again.

Potter running after him, wanting to kill him, Snape shooting back jinxes. Harry breaking down and Snape running off. Granger, Weasley and Potter making plans to fulfill Dumbledores plan. Searching for the Horcruxes, finding them and then the final fight. The war at hogwarts. Harry finding Snape, getting the memories, forgiving him, Snape dying, finding Voldemort, being killed by him, waking back up and killing him. Rows of dead in Hogwarts, friends students, teachers, parents, dead. Harry feeling responsible. Visiting funerals, praising the dead. Breaking under the weight. Being followed and tortured by deatheaters, having no peace, Ginny being kidnapped, being told to come out of hiding to safe her, Ginny being sent back piece of piece. Harry breaking every contact, dying inside, searching for a way to change everything, finding the papers on the necklace, finding it and using it. Coming back, diagon alley, tonks, lunch, snape being nice, going back Vernon beating him, coming back, searching for his soulmate Hedwig, Snape healing him sitting at dinner - "not every memory is peachy", Harry though sadly and with that ended the tour through his thoughts, impressing Snape slightly with his Occlumency skills.

To be continued...
End Notes:
Okay, I did not update the same day or the next as promised... but here the next chapter is.
It took me a while because I had to sort many things out again, just when everything happened and such.
I had to write this chapter because I wanted Severus to understand what exactly he is dealing with, and I hope he knows now.
The next should be up within the week, if I find the time.
Thanks for leaving reviews, and I tried to do better with my grammar and spelling, I am looking for a beta reader tough, so if someone knows how that beta-thing works, I'd really really appreciate it if they send me a short message or left me a review with an explanation.

uuhh, 12 more days and its christmas, exciting!


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2300