Snape's Memories by Paganaidd
Summary: Twenty years after the War, Harry is a solid family man who's taken in one more. In helping this damaged little boy, he finds himself thinking about his old professor, quite a bit.
Categories: Reverse Roles > Parental Harry Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Albus Severus, Dudley, Ginny, Hermione, James Sirius, Lily Luna, Molly, Neville, Original Character
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Angst, Drama, Family, Mystery, Supernatural
Media Type: None
Tags: Adoption, Child fic, Kidnapped
Takes Place: 9 - Post Epilogue (middle aged Harry)
Warnings: Drug use, Neglect
Challenges: None
Series: Snape's Memories
Chapters: 29 Completed: Yes Word count: 66575 Read: 150894 Published: 30 Jan 2011 Updated: 07 Feb 2011
Chapter 8 by Paganaidd

Harry was in the corner of the headmasters office. It was very late, by the sky outside the windows. Harry crept forward out of the shadows. Snape sat at the desk, apparently writing a long letter. He didn't move at Harry's appearance.

"Snape?" called Harry in a low voice. The man gave no sign that he had even seen Harry.

The sound of loud voices caused Snape to snap his head up. He picked his wand up from the desk where it lay inches from his hand. With deliberate movements he opened the door. On the other side stood Amycus Carrow and a terrified and furious sixteen year old Ginny.

As soon as he'd seen Snape, Harry knew he was dreaming. He also realized this was a memory.

Not one of his; it was a memory that Ginny had submitted to the Wizengamot. Harry's own testimony might have been enough to give Snape a posthumous pardon, but it was not enough to give Snape all the credit (and the Order of Merlin) Harry thought he had deserved.

At the time, it had not been easy to watch. Now his subconcious seemed determined to relive his witnessing of it.

Ginny's eyes were red rimmed and her face, uncharacteristically tear streaked. Amycus had her in a grip that was leaving a bruise on her wrist, even as she struggled.

Amycus had a lewd, evil grin as he dragged her into the room, "Look what I found, lurking around." he sniggered.

"Miss Weasley." said Snape, in a voice of utter loathing, ordinarily used on Harry.

"I gave her some 'detention' before I got here." Amycus said, pleased with himself, "Poor little thing cried a bit. Couldn't take her medicine."

"You fucking bastard." Ginny ground out, hoarsely, her voice was rough from screaming. Her limbs were shaking and she looked like she had vomited over her robes

"So why bring her here?" Snape turned away with studied nonchalance, "Send her back to bed. I don't have time for this."

"She's Potter's little girlfriend, isn't she?" said Amycus, "The Dark Lord would want her questioned."

Only because Harry was facing Snape directly, did he see it, but Snape's brow creased for a fraction of a second, in dismay, "Did you think I hadn't?" Snape replied cooly.

"Yeah,but I reckoned, maybe she was sneaking around trying to contact Potter. Cruciated 'er but no joy. I brought her up here, 'cause you could see if she's lying. Orders are, we're not to put any Pure Bloods over the edge, but she's a Weasley. Maybe we can make an exception?" Something shifted in the man's face, " 'Course we could use other forms of persuasion." Amycus let go of Ginny's wrist and stroked her hair.

Snape turned back to Ginny, a slow smile playing on his features, "Hmmm. I suppose so..."

Ginny squeaked in horror as she realized what the two men were getting at. Her trembling increased as Snape stepped closer and lifted a lock of her hair, seeming to examine it,

"Yes, perhaps you're correct Amycus." Snape leered, "I think I need to interview Miss Weasley," he cleared his throat, "In my chambers."

The smug look fled from Amycus' face, "Hey, I wanted to..." he began to protest.

"I take no one's sloppy seconds." Snape informed the man coldly, still holding Ginny's hair, "You may have her, when I tire of her, and not before. I think I'll be seeing a lot of Miss Weasley for a while." he returned his gaze to Ginny's horrified face.

A flicker of comprehension passed across Amycus' features, "Oh yeah...I heard you had a thing for redheads."

"Hmm, yes." Snape seemed distracted now, not looking at the other man at all, "Lock up when you leave, Amycus." said Snape lightly, taking Ginny by her upper arm and half dragging, half supporting her to the door that led to the headmaster's chambers.

Harry followed them. Snape pulled the door shut and waved his wand to magically lock it. He dropped the fainting Ginny onto a couch pulled near the fire, "Sit." he hissed, striding away into an adjoining room.

Ginny could hardly have done anything else, shaking as she was. Her pale face was tinged with green. Harry thought she looked as though she was going to be sick again.

"Drink this." Snape had returned and shoved a beaker of potion into her hand. Ginny looked up, opened her mouth as though she might refuse, "Miss Weasley, if I wanted you dead, I wouldn't bother to poison you." Snape snarled, "Just drink the damned stuff."

Ginny's shaking began to subside as she drank. The greenish hue began to recede from her face.

Snape waved his wand and her robes were clean of the vomit. He rubbed his face with one hand, as though he were tired. After a second though, he squared his shoulders, took a deep breath, again looking every inch the bastard. He asked coldly, "Miss Weasley. Do you know where Harry Potter is?"

"No idea." said Ginny, flatly, sounding as though she were recovering a little.

Snape leaned over and tilted Ginny's face to look at him. He stared into her eyes for a moment until Ginny jerked her face out of his hand, "So, are we going to get on with this?" she said, with venom that Harry knew hid fear.

"I do not intend to..." Snape paused, swallowed, "Rape you, if that's what you mean. Although it is better for you that Amycus assumes it. The protection your pure blood gives you is wearing very thin, Miss Weasley." the tone was matter of fact, "You may want to rethink your attendance at this school after the holdays."

Ginny's eyes began to look glassy, "Wh...wha'd'd you gimme..?" she asked as the drug started to work, suddenly, "Y...you..."

"A potion to help with the damage of the Cruciatus curse. It would be a shame if you ended up permanently injured." Snape replied, quietly, "As often as you have required 'detention' you'll end up like the Longbottoms if it keeps up. It will make you sleep for some hours, while the nerves regenerate."

Ginny was right on the edge of conciousness, so the memory started to fade. It was obvious to Harry that Snape thought Ginny was completely gone. The room darkened to black; the last thing in the memory was Snape's voice, unusually gentle. "I'll do the best I can for you, Miss Weasley."

The light brightened again as Ginny came to. Snape was again supporting her, this time staggering to the hospital wing. Her robe's neck was torn and one could see that her blouse was unbuttoned underneath. Her eyes were still glazed and her hair tangled.

Snape took a seeming shortcut past what used to be the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom. Amycus was apparently on his way to breakfast. He smiled evilly when he saw Ginny, gave Snape a wink, "Lemme know when you get tired of her, then."

Snape looked at the man coldly enough to make him blanch, "Yes, but until that time, she is mine. Do you understand?"

Amycus nodded quickly and slouched off toward the great hall.

Very few students were in the corridors, but Neville and Luna were standing outside the doors of the infirmary, clearly searching for Ginny. When they saw the state of her, supported by Snape's arms, they both started forward. At his snarled, "Out of the way." they backed off, but followed him in.

Madame Pomfrey came out of her office, "Yes, Headmaster?" she said, in a voice of crushed glass.

"Miss Weasley requires assistance." said Snape coldly, "She has some cuts and bruises that could do with healing." Snape tilted Ginny's head to show some rather large love bites on her neck, "And a contraceptive potion."

Madame Pomfrey started and rushed forward with her wand, running several diagnostic charms. After a moment, she stared at Snape, "But she doesn't..."

"Seem the type to engage in casual sexual activity?" Snape cut her off with a glare, "No. It appears it was nonconsensual." he smirked, "But so much is these days."

"Are you saying...?" Madame Pomfrey said slowly,

"Yes, Poppy." said Snape quietly, he lowered Ginny to one of the beds. "I am saying that I am an evil Death Eater who rapes young women. Now, you will heal these injuries and you will give her a contraceptive potion." He straightened, brushing off his cloak, "I would hate to get tired of her and have to turn her over to Amycus too soon."

Madame Pomfrey looked at an utter loss for a moment. Then, very slowly she nodded, "Ah. Yes, I see. And there's very little I can do, to protect Miss Weasley from these attentions, is there?"

Snape shook his head solemnly.

"All right, Severus. Shall I supply her with one, in case..?"

"I send for her again?" Snape glanced at her, "I have so little time for pleasures...No, I'd prefer her to come to you, I don't trust the little brats she sleeps with not to steal it for their own uses." he turned and swept out.

Luna and Neville were white as ghosts as they gathered around Ginny, who was staring at the door the headmaster had just closed behind him.

"Ginny, what'd he do?" demanded Neville in a whisper.

"I don't think I should talk about it." replied Ginny, in a high pitched, frightened voice.

The memory ended and Harry found himself waking up, wondering why the hell he was replaying that memory in his head. It had been one of the central peices of corroborating evidence to clear Snape's name. Madame Pomfrey had submitted the same memory, including the crucial point that Ginny had not had sex with anyone that night or ever. Poppy had pointed out that Snape had saved Ginny from being molested by Amycus by this ruse.

Poppy had also gone on to demonstrate that she, at least, had seen numerous scenes of this type and had suspected where Snape's true loyalties lay. She'd also testified that countless students had avoided permanent damage by the potion Snape was wont to force on them. It was a formula he had invented, although never shared.

Like a bolt from the blue, Harry realized why that particular memory was rolling around in his head.


The End.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2437