A Journey to the Past by Firestar
Summary: Harry must go to the past in order to save his parents and his own lives... But what will happen? Will he get out of this mess alive?
Categories: Parental Snape > Biological Father Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco, James, Lily, Lucius, Remus, Sirius, Wormtail
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: General
Media Type: None
Tags: None
Takes Place: 5th summer
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 31 Completed: No Word count: 50986 Read: 77990 Published: 31 Jan 2005 Updated: 31 Jan 2005
The Argument and Draco's Meeting by Firestar

The next morning, Harry rushed downstairs to the Great Hall for breakfast. He was late, damn Severus for not waking him... He ran into the Great Hall and dashed over to the Gryffindor table. He stuffed a piece of bacon in his mouth and choked.

"Hey, hey, slow down, mate," Ron said, thumping his back. "Where were you?"

"Damn Severus, he didn't wake me up..." Harry grumbled.

Hermione, who had just been drinking pumpkin juice, spat it out again, splattering her robes. "He WHAT?"

"I was sleeping in his private quarters," Harry whispered. "And shhh, not so loud."

"HE LET YOU INTO HIS PRIVATE QUARTERS???!!!" Hermione gaped at him.

"Yes, now, SHUT UP!!!"

Hermione did as she was told, still staring disbelievingly.

After breakfast, the first class was Potions. Harry grinned. "I'm gonna enjoy this..." he whispered to Ron.

Ron looked terrified. "What are you going to do?"

"You'll see... Don't worry, it's part of our plan?"

"What plan?" Hermione asked sharply.

"Shhhh," Harry said. "Not now, don't want any of the Slytherins to hear."

After the class settled down, Severus walked into the classroom, his robes flying after him. "Today," he began, shooting Harry a death-glare. "We'll be reviewing the Trustianda Potion from before since SOME PEOPLE havn't mastered it yet. " At this, he pointed glared at Neville and Harry. Neville whimpered, but Harry just glared right back.

In the middle of the class, Severus walked over to Harry and sneered, "Potter, what's this?"

Instead of the usual green colour, Harry's potion had turned orange.

"Harry," Hermione squeaked, terrified. "You're supposed to put the pineneedles in AFTER you take the cauldron off the fire!"

"Thirty points from Gryffindor, Granger, for talking in class. Now, Potter, what have you done to that potion?"

Harry glared at the teacher and said defiantly, "I don't see anything wrong."

The class gasped; Harry was in for it now...

"Oh really?" Severus said, letting a smirk flash across his features. "50 points from Gryffindor and detension for 2 weeks."

"WHAT? You damn bastard..." Harry yelled, infuriated, while both Gryffindors and Slytherins gasped.

"He's got a death wish now..." Ron moaned. "Snape'll kill him."

"WHO DO YOU THINK YOU'RE TALKING TO, POTTER?"

Harry smirked, a glint in his eyes. Everyone groaned; This was going to get worst... "An ill-bred, slimy git whom resembles a vampire. Oh, and yes, can't forget the greasy bastard part, can I? The fool who dresses in black, trying to scare little children out of their wits... that's who!"

The Potions Master looked daggers at the boy, though inside, he was shaking with laughter. "4 MONTHS OF DETENSION, POTTER!!!"

Harry looked furious; He pulled out his wand and began to say, "Stupe- --"

"Expelliarmus!" The wand flew into Severu's hand as the teacher growled. "Potter, you---"

He was cut short when Harry launched himself at the professor, knocking the teacher onto the floor.

"WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING? HARRY, GET OFF OF PROFESSOR SNAPE!!!" Dumbledore's voice drifted into the room.

Harry got up from the ground, gasping, as Hermione helped a raging Snape up.

"EVERYONE OUT~! CLASS DISMISSED!" Dumbledore yelled, a golden aura forming around him. There was a glint of anger in his eyes that no one had seen before. The Gryffindors scrambled up and ran out of the room, along with the Slytherins. "Ms. Granger, 70 points to Gryffindor for acting calmly and helping Professor Snape up."

Hermione gave a nervous smile as she too, rushed out of the room.

"Silenco Incanto," Dumbledore waved his wand, creating a silencing charm around the room. His eyes were twinkling as he looked from his staff to his student. Both were laughing. "Very impressive act, Harry and Severus... Very realistic indeed, though that was some... colourful language I heard."

Severus glared at Harry in mock anger. "You called ME a VAMPIRE?"

"That's what you are," Harry shot back, laughing.

"Brat."

"Git," Harry retorted.

"Fool."

"Idiot."

"Assh---"

"That's enough, there's no need to put on a performance right now, no one's watching," Dumbledore interrupted, laughing. "So, Harry, you've earned yourself 4 months of 'detension' in which Severus will teach you what you need to know. How are the lessons progressing right now?"

"Very well, Albus," Severus said. "Harry's mastered the seventh grade material already. Also, he learned the Animagus transformation, his apparation skills are perfect, and he is currently learning about bonds and wards."

"Excellent," the Headmaster said, beaming at Harry. "Now," he said. "to more important business."

"What business?" Harry asked, confused.

"I shall explain," Severus answered. "The Dark Lord has decided to use the timeturner and go back in time as soon as possible to kill James and Lily. He has somehow managed to get his hands on one of them, I'm not sure how. Right now, you have two choices. One, you can stay with the Weasleys while I go back, or two, you can come with me."

Harry just gaped at him. "You're going back in time?"

"Yes, and you can either go with Sev, or stay with the Weasleys." Dumbledore repeated.

"I--" There was a defiant look in the Gryffindor's determined eyes. "I'm coming with you."

"Alright," Severus said. "Though you're going to have to be careful. And we're going to have to do something to your appearance, we can't have an exact replica of James Potter wandering around."

"Um..." Harry began. "Maybe... You can um... get rid of the charm and..." He trailed off, giving Sev a meaningful look.

"May I ask what secret you are keeping from me, gentlemen?" Dumbledore asked.

"Um..." Harry looked at Sev for help.

"I---"

"It's about my mother's diary I found on my bed," Harry said finally. "I found out that... James' isn't really my father, and that... I've been placed under an Altering charm."

Dumbledore raised an eyebrow. "Ah, the diary, I was the one who put it there."

"YOU?"

"Yes," the Headmaster said. "You're mother left it with me, though I have respected her privacy and havn't read it."

"Also," Dumbledore continued."Did you mention something about James' Potter not being your father? Then may I ask, who, pray tell, is your father?"

"Um....." there was an uncomfortable silence. Finally, Harry replied in a whisper, "S-Sev."

Surprise passed over the Headmaster's features, but he quickly regained his posture. "I see," He said, slightly amused. "I trust Severus will tell me about it when he is ready. About your disguise, Harry, would you be willing to take off the Altering charm? That way, no one will suspect that you are related to James."

"I-I- Could I get some time to think about this?"

"Of course, Harry. Now, run along. I want your decision in two weeks."

***************

The days past quickly and soon, the day that Draco dreaded came. Early in the morning, he put on his robes and sneaked quietly out of the room. He walked slowly towards the Forbidden Forest, trying to think about anything but what his father would do to him.

He walked by Hagrid's cabin and towards the forest, his heart pounding, his stomach churning. He felt sick. Little did he know about the two shadows that were following him.

***************

Harry and Severus sneaked quietly after Draco. They were careful not to make a sound. Together, they followed Draco.

After a few minutes, the Slytherin boy came to the edge of the forest. Harry could see that Draco was nervous; the blond's face was deathly pale.

A few minutes later, there was a loud crack, and Lucius Malfoy appeared. Harry had to stifle his gasp as Draco promptly kneeled down on one knee.

"Draco," Lucius said coldly, addressing his son with icy neutrality.

"Father," Draco replied, bowing his head. Harry shuddered; to think that Draco was treated like this every time he saw his parents...

"Draco, it is time for you to come with me and meet the Dark Lord. You are to become a Death Eater and honour our family name. He will give you the Dark Mark today."

"No."

"What?" Lucius asked, seemingly stunned.

"I said 'No,'" Draco retorted, and when the Slytherin raised his head, Harry could see the cold fury burning in those icy blue eyes. "I will NOT become a Death Eater, father. I honour you and our family name, but I refuse to serve Voldemort."

"How DARE you call the Dark Lord by his name!" Lucius roared. "If you truely honour our family name, then you shall serve the Dark Lord! I order you!"

"Then," Draco replied. "I fear that I must disobey you, for one can sink no lower than to serve the Dark Lord. He is cruel, heartless, and if you join him, father, in which you have, you are as worthless and cowardly as he. I---" He was cut short when his father screamed, "CRUCIO!"

Draco dropped to the ground, withering in pain. He felt as if his veins were on fire. 'No,' he thought, his eyes fiery. 'I won't cry out, I won't give him the satisfaction.'

The Slytherin was about to pass out when suddenly, he heard someone yell, "Stupefy!" He saw his father pass out, and to his relief, the pain stopped. But he could keep consciousness no longer. With a sigh, he slumped forward and darkness claimed him.

***************

After Lucius and Draco passed out, Harry and Severus came out from behind the bushes they were hiding behind. Harry trotted next to the Potions Master, his eyes blazing as he revived what he had seen. Now DARE that git treat Draco in such a way...

"Harry," Severus said. "He needs to be treated with several Potions immediately. You'll have to fly us to my quarters; we can't delay this any longer."

Harry gave a curt nod as he allowed Severus to place Draco on his back. Severus levitated Lucius Malfoy up.

"I have to go to the Headmaster immediately," Severus said. "I can't come with you. Bring Draco to bed and give him the healing potion, energy potion, and pain-releasing potion. Oh, and also a nutrition potion. If he wants, he can also have a Dreamless Sleeping Potion." With that, the professor left.

Harry flew up to Severus' quarters and whispered, "Alohomora!" The windows popped open and Harry flew carefully inside. Transforming back into his human form, he gently rested Draco in a spare bed.

"Draco, Draco," he whispered softly. "Wake up, I have to give you a few potions."

Draco moaned, and slowly opened his eyes. The Slytherin tried to get up, but Harry firmly pushed the boy back down. Draco seemed to fully awaken; When he realized who was holding him down, he screamed, "Potter! Get off me! Leave me alone, what are you doing here?"

"Shush, Draco," came the reply, and Draco was surprised by the soothing tone.

"What are you doing here, and where am I?" He growled as the memories flooded him. His father... the pain...

"You're in Professor Snape's private quarters. Now, relax while I treat you." A golden aura surrounded Harry as the Slytherin felt a warm feeling drifting into him. He instantly felt better, and was surprised by how gently Harry treated him.

"You have to drink these potions," Harry said authoritively, pushing several cups into his hands.

"No, Potter," Draco said suddenly. What was going on here? "Why should I drink it? I'm fine, I want to go back to my room." He tried to get up but his legs collapsed beneath him.

Gentle hands picked him up and put him back onto bed. He was stunned by how strong Potter was. Looking up, he saw the Gryffindor's emerald eyes, which were full of concern. "Draco," Harry said quietly. "You're not fine; You've been put under the Cruciatus Curse so don't try to lie to me. These will help you feel better."

"How did you find me?" Draco slowly brought the cup to his lips and took a sip.

"I-I-..." Harry stuttered. "I found your diary."

"WHAT?" Draco yelled. Oh no, if the boy had read the book, then he must have told the rest of the Gryffindors... His life was over. "I hate you," he whispered, his tone deadly, as silent tears flowed down his cheek. He tried in vain to stop crying, but to no avail.

"Draco, relax..." Harry said, his voice soothing. "I didn't tell anyone... Please, Draco, don't be angry at me... I only wanted to help." He slowly wiped the tears off the other's face.

Draco flinched away at the touch; God, everything hurt; his head, his back, his legs... It felt as though he was on fire.

"Let me treat you," Harry said. Once again, Draco felt a golden aura surround him. After a few minutes, the light was gone, along with the pain.

"what... How did you do that?"

"I learned," Harry replied simply. "I... I'm sorry for reading your diary, but I only wanted to help. I...." He stopped, then continued. "Do you want a Dreamless Sleeping Potion?"

Draco nodded.

Harry left the room, and a moment later, he came back, a cup of orange liquid in his hands. "Don't worry," he assured the Slytherin as he helped Draco drink its contents. "I made sure it was tasteless."

For once, Draco felt thankful. His eyelids drooped and turning to Harry, he whispered, "Thank you." Then, he fell into a deep sleep.

To be continued...
End Notes:
Aww... Wasn't that sweet? I love those HP-DM moments too... It's time Draco started trusting someone! Thank you to ALL READERS AND REVIEWERS. Oh, and special thanks to Ankha for her great ideas...


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=244