A Journey to the Past by Firestar
Summary: Harry must go to the past in order to save his parents and his own lives... But what will happen? Will he get out of this mess alive?
Categories: Parental Snape > Biological Father Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco, James, Lily, Lucius, Remus, Sirius, Wormtail
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: General
Media Type: None
Tags: None
Takes Place: 5th summer
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 31 Completed: No Word count: 50986 Read: 78028 Published: 31 Jan 2005 Updated: 31 Jan 2005
Talking with Moony and Divination Lessons by Firestar
Author's Notes:
Dedicated to Star Polaris for the wonderful story which I'm currently reading: Forest of Mystery

The next morning, Harry went down to the Great Hall for breakfast as usual. Ron and Remus flashed him worried looks and judging by the way Hermione and Lily were eyeing him, the boys had told the girls about what had happened in the dorms the night before.

"You okay?" Draco asked quietly.

Harry nodded. "I'm fine," he replied, rewarding the blond with a reluctant smile.

After breakfast was DADA lessons; they reviewed the Stunning Spell and a few other hexes which Harry had already learned during the Triwizard Tournment in his fourth year.

After lunch was a study block; Harry settled into a chair in the library and as reading 'Transfiguration: Advanced Magic beyond the N.E.W.T. level' when he heard Remus call him.

"Harry?" the Maurader looked at him, concerned. "I want to apologize for what happened last night."

Harry smiled sadly. "It's alright, it wasn't your fault. There's no need to apologize, I understand."

"Harry, it as wrong of Prongs and Pad---" Remus stopped, turning red. "I meant---"

"It's okay, Remus, relax! I know about Prongs, Padfoot, Moony, and Wormtail."

Remus' eyes widened. "So you know I'm a ---"

"Yes, I know you're a werewolf."

"Wh--How?" was the only thing Remus could say.

Harry smiled again. "I know many things about you and the others, Remus. Far more than you will ever realize. As to how, I'm afraid I can't tell you. But believe me, I will keep every secret to myself. No one else will ever need to know."

Remus looked at him, stunned. Confusion flashed across the werewolf's features, then quickly disappeared. "Alright," he agreed. "I won't ask you anything. But I want to say that Lily adn I support you. We disagreee with Prongs, Padfoot, adn Wormtail. Um... I'm just curious, how /did/ you get the ability to speak Parseltongue? It /is/ pretty rare..."

Harry sighed. "I don't know how. I was just born with it. You see, I always thought my parents were someone else, but a few month ago, I discovered that Professor Darkice is actually my biological father."

"And your mother?"

"She's dead. Voldemort killed her."

Remus flinched, hearing the Dark Lord's name. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be," Harry replied. "There's no use in dwelling in the past, Remus. What's happened has happened, nothing will change that, and what will happen will happen, there's no use in worrying. We just have to deal with it when it comes."

Remus nodded, finally understanding what Harry was saying. He realized that this boy was different from anyone else he had ever known. He was unlike the carefree James or Srius; Harry had maturaty wthat belied his age. and judging by the tired lines etched on the boy's young face, the raven-haired Gryffindor had seen many things in his life, far too many things to forget,. The only way was to deal as things as they came, and Harry was trying to get the best out of the little he had. "Thank you for telling me this."

"Let's get to Divination," Harry replied. "If we don't get there in ten minutes, we'll be late."

"Okay." Together, they gathered their belongings and left the room, each lost in their own thoughts.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

They walked up to the North Tower and entered the Divination classroom. Sitting there was a young women with long, black hair and mysterious grey eyes.

"That's Professor Selenica; she's the Divination teacher," Remus explained, seeing Harry's puzzled look.

Professor Selenica, Harry had to admit, was much like Professor Trawleny. She explaiend about Seeing the future in the mysterious content of water. "Seeing requires time, power, and great concentration. The Inner Eye must be clear and focused. Now, partner up adn each take a basin from the table."

Harry was working with Remus. "Do you see anything?" he asked the puzzled werewolf.

"Nope, nothing, just my own reflection. You try."

Harry peered into the crystal-clear water. The water swirled around and 'round, around and 'round...

Suddenly, a picture formed in the basin. There was a man, a man with reptilian red eyes the colour of blood...

"Wormtail," Voldemort hissed. "How are we progressing?"

"F-Fine, my Lord," the cowering man stuttered. "Rookwood has found the time turner. We should be ready in a few days."

"And the plan with James and Lily Potter?"

"Not yet, M-My Lord."

"You may go."

"Thank you, my Lord." Wormtail kissed the hem of his master's robes and was halfway out the door when Voldemort spoke again.

"And I have something else for you to do."

"Wh-What, Master?'

"Scream. CRUCIO!"

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Harry, Harry!"

Harry opened his eyes and found himself on the floor of the Divination classroom. His classmates were gathered in a ring around him with Ron, Hermione, and Draco right next to him.

"What happened, Harry?" Draco asked urgently, concern flashing in his grey-blue eyes.

Harry dropped his voice so only his friends could here. "Voldemort. He's almost ready to come back. Wormtail said Rookwood has found a time turner, and they're forming some plan which includes Lily and James." He stood up, brushing his robes. "I'm fine," he said out loud.

He was about to go back to his desk when he heard an unnatural voice behind him. Turning, he saw that it was Professor Selenica.

"YOU!" the teacher said, looking straight at Harry, her eyes unseeing. "You are the only with the power to save the innocent. You are the one who must conquer, or else feel the wrath of the Dark Lord. The future Potter shall be the one. You must fight, and have the strength to do so."

Now, Prof. Selenica turned to Lily. "Beware! Beware of the snake slithering amongst you. The rat shall become the snake and turn against the lion, yet the dog shall always take the blame. The one with the emerald jewels shall pass on, and the wolf and the unexpected ice shall watch the unicorn. The unicorn has the power to conquer, yet he shall require help from all. The dragon shall join their journey, and in the end, one shall conquer! Beware!" With that, she slumped over and fainted.

Everyone just stared, shocked. Harry was the one to take control. "Hermione," he said. "Take her to the Hospital Wing."

The girl nodded adn conjured up a stretcher.

"Ron, go notify the Headmaster on what has happened. Everyone else, go to your next class." To the raven-haired boy's surprise, everyone did was they were told.

Harry sighed. Swinging his bag over his shoulder, he followed Remus and headed for Charms.

To be continued...


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=244