A Journey to the Past by Firestar
Summary: Harry must go to the past in order to save his parents and his own lives... But what will happen? Will he get out of this mess alive?
Categories: Parental Snape > Biological Father Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco, James, Lily, Lucius, Remus, Sirius, Wormtail
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: General
Media Type: None
Tags: None
Takes Place: 5th summer
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 31 Completed: No Word count: 50986 Read: 77974 Published: 31 Jan 2005 Updated: 31 Jan 2005
Voldemort's Plan by Firestar
Author's Notes:
Quote: "Quite the double act, Sirius Black and James Potter." -Madame Rosmerta

Note: Thank you to all readers and reviewers!

Severus Snape apparated into the current meeting spot of the Death Eaters. He found everyone in a circle, waiting for the Dark Lord.

A few seconds later, there was a sweep of a cloak, as Lord Voldemort stepped into the room with Wormtail trailing behind him. "So," a high chilling voice pierced the air. "You have all come."

Each of the Death Eaters knelt on the cold, stone ground, crawled up, kissed the hem of the Dark Lord's robes, then back away. Severus was about to do the same when the Dark Lord stopped him. "Severus," that chilling voice said. "You have served me well and proved yourself a faithful Death Eaters. Which is why I am going to ask you to be the one to put my latest plan into action. Do you except?"

Severus knelt quickly and immediately replied, "Of course, my Lord. It would be an honour."

Voldemort motioned for Severus to stand up, then said, "I have found a way to destroy Harry Potter." He paused as the Death Eaters pretended to cheer.

"H-how do you plan to do it, my Lord?" Lucius Malfoy's voice drawled.

"I plan to go back in time to kill James Potter and Lily Evans. That way, Harry will crease to live and people will realize who the TRUE ruler is." There was an amused laugh. "Why, do you doubt me, Lucius? Here is your punishment for asking. Crucio!"

Lucius Malfoy threw himself onto he ground, screaming as he withered in pain. After a minute or two, the spell stopped and Malfoy picked himself up.

"Now Severus," Voldemort turned to the Potions Master. "You are to find me a Time Turner. These are rare in the magical world and those few are well guarded. There may be a few in Hogwarts, though I doubt it. You are to search the whole school for it and bring it to me if you find it."

"Yes, my Lord," Severus said through clenched teeth.

"You may leave."

"Thank you, my Lord."

"Oh, and one more thing." Voldemort said. "Crucio."

Severus shook in pain, but he didn't cry out. No, he wouldn't scream, wouldn't give Voldemort the satisfation... The pain stopped as soon as it started. With that, the Potions Master muttered a spell and apparated.

***************

Severus found himself at the edge of the Forbidden Forest. It was past midnight already, he could tell from the way the moon was shining in the dark night. He was tired, and the after-effects of the Cruciatus Curse was really affecting him, but he had a lot to report to Albus. Slowly, he turned around and began the long trek to the school...

***************

Harry was lying in his dormitary, worrying. Snape had been gone a long time, and he still hadn't heard from him. It was a strange feeling, worrying for the stony Potions Master, yet the feeling was there, all the same. For some reason, he didn't tell Ron and Hermione about what had happened between him and Snape. For now, he just wanted to keep it to himself until he sorted out his feelings.

Harry sighed. Maybe he should go to the Potions dungeon and just wait there until Snape came back. There was no way he would be able to sleep in this condition.

Making up his mind, he grabbed the invisibility cloak and threw it over his shoulders. Looking at the Marauder's Map, he discovered with relief that Filch and Mrs. Norris were no where near the Potions dungeon.

He began walking, occasionally checking the map to make sure no one was near. He walked down the empty corridors, one after another.

Suddenly, he heard a soft, scuffling noise around the corner. He quickly pulled out his map and checked it. To his surprise, he saw the small dot reading 'Severus Snape' just around the corner. He quickly stopped and stood flat against the wall.

A second later, the Potions Master came around the corner. Harry knew immediately that something was wrong. Instead of carrying himself with the normal dignity, Snape stopped occasionally to lean against the wall, panting. Slowly, the teacher moved on and Harry followed him to make sure he reached his destination safely.

Snape finally reached the dungeon and reaching over, pulled open the door. He walked in and the trapdoor slammed behind him.

Harry hid around the corner and listened, hoping to hear what was going on. He was surprised to hear the Headmaster's voice.

"Severus, what happened?"

There was the sound of heavy panting. "It's okay, I'm fine, Albus."

"How many times?"

"Just once."

From what Harry could fanthom from the talk, Snape had been put under the Cruciatus Curse.

"Albus, they have a new plan?"

"What is it?" "They're planning to use a time turner to go back in time. They plan to kill James Potter so Harry will crease to live."

Harry tried and thankfully, managed to stifle his gasp. Voldemort wanted to go back in time to kill James?

"Why did he punish you?"

"No reason, just for fun, I guess. He wants me to search Hogwarts for a time turner. If there are any here, you'll have to make sure their well guarded, Albus. He might send more then one person to search for it."

"There are three in Hogwarts, hidden in various places. They are all in my possession at the moment."

"Good, because if he manages to go back, then Harry will surely be dead."

There was an amused chuckle from Dumbledore. "Since when did you start calling him Harry?"

There was no answer.

"Come on, Severus, let's get you to bed. It's been a long night."

There was the sound of running water and drawers being opened. Before long, the Headmaster pulled opened the trapdoor and walked out.

Harry felt extremely uncomfortable as Dumbledore looked straight at him, a smile on his face. Almost as if he could see Harry. Fortunately, the Headmaster turned and walked away.

Harry let out a sigh of relief. He slowly walked back to his dormitary, thinking about what he had heard. He crawled back into bed and quickly fell asleep.

To be continued...


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=244