Lost Treasures by slytherensangel26
Summary: Severus Snape thought he had it all.

And then tragedy struck. His wife was dead, two of his son were dead and one was missing.

What he doesn't know is that two of them are alive. What happens when the two sons reunite?
Response to Surviving Sons Challenge
Categories: Parental Snape > Biological Father Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Bellatrix, Dumbledore, Original Character, Petunia, Vernon, Voldemort
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Drama, Family, Hurt/Comfort, Tragedy
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe, Creature!fic, Kidnapped, Runaway, Slytherin!Harry, Snape-meets-Dursleys, Vampires
Takes Place: 6th summer
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Alcohol Use, Neglect, Profanity, Violence
Prompts: The Surviving Sons
Challenges: The Surviving Sons
Series: Lost Treasures
Chapters: 15 Completed: Yes Word count: 28934 Read: 72074 Published: 19 Mar 2011 Updated: 01 Sep 2011
Epilogue: The Enchanted Towers by slytherensangel26
Author's Notes:
I would like to thank everyone that stuck with me through this story and reviewed.

This chapter was a lot of fun to write and I hope you all enjoy it!

Later that night, three wizards materialized in the apparition zone, hidden by an unused tube station, right on the outskirts of London. The Muggles that lived in London only saw it as a dead end and none of the underground trains came anywhere near this area…which made it the ideal place to safely pop in and out of nothingness.

When Severus and his sons regained their equilibrium, the potions master led his sons to an old railway booth and knocked three times. A moment later, a dignified looking wizard in royal black robes with blue embroidery opened the door to them.

“Good Evening to you gentlemen. Please hand over your key to verify your identity and reservation.”

Severus rolled his eyes and handed over the old fashion but gilded key.

The wizard who looked to be in his late 50’s with graying hair cut in a stately fashion, took the key and examined it, then he waved his hand over it. In answer the key glowed a soft gold, and then disappeared in front of him.

Aubrey eyed the older man and then raised an eyebrow when his stern expression broke into a welcoming smile. “Welcome gentle wizards to The Enchanted Towers. Please come with me.”

The three guests followed him over to a desk where a woman with a regal blue robe with the sparkling silver flowers embroidered into the cuffs and neckline sat. Her hair was braided into a bun that was coiffed with a silver tiara looking accessory that shimmered in the light.

“My dear Lady Catherine, our guests have arrived.”

The receptionist, rose gracefully from her chair and swept them a courtly curtsey, “Welcome honored guests, we’ve been expecting you!”

Saying this, she opened up the registry book and presented it to them before handing them a very fancy quill topped with a peacock feather. “Please sign in while my dear Lord Edward fetches the room key.”

Severus gave her a charming smile. As you will, My Lady. His sons watched in bewildered amusement as their father inscribed his name with a flourish, one which they’d never seen before.

When they were signed in, the lady delicately closed the book and put it in a hidden drawer. Then she rose once again and called out, “Lacy! Felton!”

Instantly two elves appeared both wearing genuinely happy expressions. The female was wearing what looked like an white Edwardian style dress shrunk to her size and her male counterpart wore a cloak of green felt that went to his feet (also shrunk down to size).

They both bowed to him looking quite dignified themselves. “Welcome young masters! May wes have your baggage?”

Severus grinned with amusement at them and gestured to his vampire son who presented the case, it held a wizard spacing charm so all three of them could put their clothes inside it. The two elves bowed again and took the trunk between them and then disappeared with a pop.

The older woman with key in hand gave her counterpart of grin and then swept ahead of the guests with a “I ’ll show you to your rooms.” and then headed for the far hallway with the other wizards following her.

"We get separate rooms?" Aubrey asked in astonishment.

"But of course.” Severus said with a grin as they approached and old fashioned elevator with gold plating. This one looked very Victorian. Once inside, and the gate was closed, Lady Catherine announced "4th floor." And the elevator began moving.

Both boys felt giddy with excitement. This place was fast expanding their imagination. And they both loved it! When the elvator stopped again they stepped out into a lavish looking hallway. Once again following the older witch they soon ended up at a door bearing gilded numbers. They said 27 1/8. Aubrey smirked noticing the reference and so did Severus. Ambrosias still looked a little lost. “You’ll get it later, trust me.” his twin reassured him.

They all looked on as the lady put the key in the lock door and then turned to them. “This is your room for this week,” Then she opened the door.

It was bland looking and the walls were bare.


The two boys looked at each other, Was this some kind of sick prank?

Lady Catherine grinned at them. “This is a blank canvass. It will be up to you to make it your dream room.” Saying this, she pulled out a thick catalog and another fancy quill.

"To get your dream room, you have only to circle the item you whish to use and it will apear in you’re room. Now, when you’re father was here earlier, he gave boundaries, as to what sort of items were allowed and what was unacceptable. This catalog was charmed to show that. Have fun boys, if you need anything, just call for one of the two elves from earlier and they’ll be happy to help you.”

Severus hugged his children. "I paid a pretty sickle for this room, see to it that there are no garishly chosen colors to blind me when I visit in about an hour. If the headmaster would wear it, I don’t want to see it on the walls. Avoid it like the plague.”

Both boys laughed merrily. “Sure thing father! No neons or Gryffindor colors,”

Severus laughed and shook his head. When the responsible adults were gone, Aubrey jumped on a bed and was soon joined by his brother…and together they poured over the items in the catalog. This hotel was amazing!


1 Hour Later

Severus knocked on his sons’ door. There was the sound of scrambling and finally the door opened. Severus took a deep breath and entered.

The potions master took a moment to take it all in. There was an invisible line going down the middle of the room. It was definitely bigger then when he had left.

The walls were well padded and were varying shades of gray. On one side was a Victorian looking bed with gossamer hangings that were silver and had a black coverlet with fluffy black silk pillows. Next to the bed was a beside table of dark mahogany wood with two drawers that were embellished with silver trimming. Along with all of that was a big wardrobe with images of Thestrals carved into the front …with of course silver filigree. As a finishing touch there was a ornately carved high backed master’s chair with clawed feet.

On Aubrey’s side were very different furnishings. Instead of a bed with hangings was a big silver hammock with a thick green blanket and pillow. And it was hanging from a big thick tree branch growing out of the wall…with vines hanging down from the ceiling. In the corner of his side of the room was a charmed waterfall pouring from ceiling to floor. The sound of water hitting the rocks was very musical and calming. Overhead was a full moon with stars that were charmed to show the overhead constellations. Every few minutes a shooting star shot across the sky.

At the front of the room, breaching the invisible line was a fireplace with a roaring fire in it. On the hearth was what looked like a Muggle stereo that would play any tune Wizarding or Muggle for them that they wanted…as many times as they desired. There was also a muggle looking television that was spelled to show any movie they wanted…as long as it was appropriate for them to view.

Severus was somewhat nervous as he walked into the bathroom. There was a very deep claw footed tub with jets on all sides and next to it was a walk in shower with many different heads from which water could pour. On the other side of the bathroom was a tall rack with very soft fluffy towels and very manly looking bathrobes, one in green and one in silver. Strangely enough, there was another stereo, this one implanted in the wall that would also play any tune they so desired…including nature music. There was also a toilet and hamper and a very stately looking vanity with all their effects on it.

Looking satisfied, he walked back in as Ambrosias was adding one last detail…a triple tiered chandelier with crystal beads hanging from it.

It was a very nice room.

"I’m impressed. Now, I’m heading to bed and I suggest you boys do the same. Tomorrow we are going shopping for you’re school supplies. We may also venture into London for some Muggle things. But for now, I’ll retire to my room. Goodnight boys. Sleep well, if you need any sleeping draughts my room is one floor up in room 584. Its spelled to recognize your aura. I suggest knocking first unless you want to take a chance at catching me in my…underclothes."

Both boys shivered.

“We’ll be good and knock first father…we don’t’ want to even think about you in your skivvies!”

Severus rolled his eyes but couldn’t hide his grin. “Good Night Boys. Sleep well.”

Then he was gone. Both boys looked at each other and busted out laughing.

"I wonder how much certain witches would pay to find out if dad wears boxers or briefs.” Aubrey asked cheekily.

"If it’s all the same to you, I’d rather not.” Ambrosias stated. “We’ll just leave that up to Bridget…we both know that she already knows the answer to that.”

“She’d make a great mum…I bet it’s only a matter of time before he proposes.”

Ambrosias nodded again. “I give it a year. If he doesn’t go down on knee by New Years Eve, I’ll be very surprised.”

Both boys talked several minutes more before Aubrey nodded off.

The last to go to sleep was the vampire…or half vampire. Even he had to sleep sometimes.

Besides, they both had a week long vacation ahead of them. It would be loads of fun too!


Severus’ suite

Severus sat at the rich mahogany desk pinning the first love letter in several years.

He didn’t know what to write…so he just wrote from his heart…

When he was done, he summoned his son’s owl. Headwig was all to eager to fly the message. She’d have in there in one day.

With that finished he retired to his bed. And was asleep almost immediately.

 

 

 

 

The End.
End Notes:
I don't know for sure what or when the sequel will be about or when i'll start writing it. I hope you all enjoyed this story! Please Review!


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2483