Lost Treasures by slytherensangel26
Summary: Severus Snape thought he had it all.

And then tragedy struck. His wife was dead, two of his son were dead and one was missing.

What he doesn't know is that two of them are alive. What happens when the two sons reunite?
Response to Surviving Sons Challenge
Categories: Parental Snape > Biological Father Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Bellatrix, Dumbledore, Original Character, Petunia, Vernon, Voldemort
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Drama, Family, Hurt/Comfort, Tragedy
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe, Creature!fic, Kidnapped, Runaway, Slytherin!Harry, Snape-meets-Dursleys, Vampires
Takes Place: 6th summer
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Alcohol Use, Neglect, Profanity, Violence
Prompts: The Surviving Sons
Challenges: The Surviving Sons
Series: Lost Treasures
Chapters: 15 Completed: Yes Word count: 28934 Read: 72078 Published: 19 Mar 2011 Updated: 01 Sep 2011
Rescued by a Vampire! by slytherensangel26
Author's Notes:
Harry is found half dead in an alley way, sending everyone in to panic mode...when he dissapears!

Mathias hovered over the streets of London..underhim compltely oblivios to his presence were mortals...all of them with extremely good smelling blood, it wall rushing vigorously through their veins...the vampre could practly taste it.

Not that he was thirsty at the moment, (he’d hunted just as dusk fell and carried a flask full of blood in his cloak pocket) he was more focused on finding his family. He was growing ever more sure of it. They had to exist!

As he landed on the ground and cancelled the invisibility spell, he focused his senses outward and began sweeping the area all around him. There were mortals here…magic and Muggle kind. They were everywhere!

There! Right there! His senses flared as he turned and his feet of their own accord started running in the opposite direction of the magical community. It wasn’t long before his other senses caught up with him and strangely enough, he heard a heart beating in a slow sluggish rhythm. Up ahead was an alley, like the kind those stupid mortals went down only to be slaughtered by homicidal maniacs.

This had to be another stupid victim. As he rounded the corner and began walking down the enclosed walkway, he saw ahead  on the ground in a bloody heap was a boy around his own age with a mess of shaggy hair, broken glasses, and extremely baggy clothes.

Matthias also noted something else. The aura around the victim was cloudy and fuzzy to his sight. As if something had been magically altered.

He waved his hand over the body and whispered “finite incantatum!”

Immediately the boy before him distorted and then reshaped.

“I knew it.” he exalted softly. As he rolled the body over to see the face, his exultant visage changed into one of shock. The boy looked just like him. In surprise he fell back onto his bum, his mind racing.

After another moment, he crawled over to the victim and got a better look.

He’d not been hallucinating at all! The boy was obviously a twin. His twin… he had a brother. The scent of blood caught up to him and he almost lost control. He backed away for a few minutes to reign in his desire before he picked his newly found brother up and carried him towards the magical aura.

Up ahead was a dilapidated looking building. It was bursting with a bright incandescent aura, that he’d learned came from pure magic talent.

His empowered eyes told him that the sign over the entrance read ‘The Leaky Cauldron’

As he approached he felt a wand poking his back.

“Turn slowly, vampire.”

Sighing, he warily turned to see a shadowy figure standing behind him. Immediately he sensed that she was a pure soul and would do him no harm.

"This boy is not my victim. He’s my brother, I’m only trying to find help."

"What are you doing here vamp? There’s not a coven around her for several kilometers."

"I’m a nomad from France. I’ve already hunted for the next few days. I can promise that no one here is in danger. But my brother is; he’s bleeding to death.”

The woman lowered her wand before tucking it back into her cloak. “He’s not a vamp?”

“No, he’s still mortal. Can you help me?”

The woman nodded. "I’m Auror Tonks. Come with me. I’ll show you to St Mungo’s.

~*~*~*~*~*~

St. Mungo’s

Two hours later

Harry woke up to unfamiliar surroundings. Next to him sat a boy with extremely pale skin and a curtain of black hair.

His eyes widened. He looked so much like…snape. Well, except for the nose.

“How did I get here? I thought I was dying.”

The boy sat forward. “That’s cause you were. I found you in an alley way. It was difficult to not drink from you.

Harry immediately picked up on the foreign accent. It was much like Fleur Delecore’s. But that was irrelevant once Harry realized what the boy had just said.

“Drink from me…like my blood? But that would make you a…”

“A vampire.” The boy said with a nod. “ It’s only been a week since I was bitten. My parents are dead…well my adopted parents, that is. I don’t know who my real ones are. That ‘s what I was doing so far from France."

“France?”

"My names Mathias Noire. But I have a feeling that it’s not the right one. And I’m willing to bet that you’re parents aren’t the real one’s either."

"That’s not possible,” Harry said. My parent’s friends tell me I look so much like my father…well, except for my eyes. They’re my mother’s eyes.”

"Not anymore. You’ve been under a glamour all this time. I don’t know who cast it, but I noticed when it when I found you. Once I removed it, I saw how you really look."

Harry closed his eyes for a few moments. “That‘s impossible”

“I’m afraid he’s right." Said a witch with bubble gum pink hair as she walked in. You look just like him. He’s your twin brother.”

“But how’s that possible? I’m an only child.”

"I used to think so too. But the moment I saw you, without the glamour, I knew we were both deceived.”

“I’m so confused.”

"It’s to be expected." said an older wizard with healer robes on. "I’m Healer Lennox. While you were a sleep I cast a paternal charm. You two are in fact twins and you were also born here, in the maternity wing. While my assistant is checking file records, I am going to run another diagnostic on you. Please relax, this isn’t going to hurt a bit.”

Then he was quiet as he waved his wand slowly over harry’s body. As he did this, an enchanted quill with a green feather wrote down the details as the healer spoke.

"You’ve got a broken rib, several bruises and a concussion. You’re quite malnourished, and you’ve got a fractured pelvis. I can also see that you’ve been subjected to many, many years of abuse. Don’t dare try to deny it. I invented this spell years ago. And it’s never been wrong."

Harry was speechless. There was no way he could refute the evidence that had been brought to light.

And so he remained quiet.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Hazel was frantic as apparated to the front doors of Hogwarts. The Potter boy was gone! She’d serched his relative's house and he was no where to be found. She’d cast a locater spell, and found he wasn’t even in Surrey anymore. The witch’d had followed the spell to the outskirts of London and there she lost him.

She had no idea weather he was alive or dead. And so, here she was. On the steps of Hogwarts…about to alert the order. She herself wasn’t part of the order, but because of Madame Rosmerta, giving the order a place to meet, she knew who headed it up. With Fudge as paranoid as he was, she didn’t trust anyone other then dumbledore, the very same wizard who’d put him with the horrible Muggles in the first place.

She pounded on the door several times, and as her fist came down again, the door opened and a tall man with a curtain of hair answered the door.

“Ms. Hazel. What brings you here this time of night? Is anything wrong with Kelly?”

Since the young girl was in his house, he always looked our for her. Not to mention that he’d grown quite fond of the vision in front of him. Not that he would ever take it that far. She was after all, not his beloved Artemis.

Hazel shook her head. It’s an emergency. I need to see the headmaster.

Catching on to the distress in her voice, he softened his voice. “Please, come in.”

As the door shut, he led her to a small classroom where he offered her a seat.

“Now, what’s so urgent that you came here in the middle of the night?”

“The Potter boy, he’s gone missing.”

Severus groaned. Harry Bloody Potter, the son of his hated rival...cast unfairly into his house by that old raggedy sorting hat.

“He’s run away once before, did you try a locator charm?”

"Obviously Snape, I used to be an auror you know.”

Snape’s mouth gaped. Hazel froze as she realized she just compromised her identity.

She looked at her shoes.

"An auror, you say. I thought you were a waitress at The Three Broomsticks. Have you been living a double life all this time?

"That’s not important right now, professor. The point is, I cast the locator charm…but got nothing. It’s like he no longer exists!”

“Impossible. He’d have to be…” Severus trailed off as he took his wand out and cast a Patronis. The silver owl flew from his wand before vanishing into a wall.

Severus turned back to the woman across from him.

“Now, tell me who you really are? Do you even have a daughter or did you conjure her as well?”

Hazel sighed. “My real name is Bridgett Hazeleyes. I was an auror with the ministry  15 years ago. Kelly is my daughter, her father was an auror too, but he died the same night that the Potters did. He pushed me out of the way of a killing curse, and got it in the chest. I didn’t find out till a month later that I was expecting. Fionn and I were lovers and he was the father."

"That’s why I quit the auror department and fled to Hogsmead. The death eater’s got a good look at me, I was afraid they’d find me again and then do something to my baby."

"Madame Rosemerta and I went to school together. She gave me a job and has become like an aunt to my daughter. I didn’t know any other way to keep her safe.”

Severus sat very quietly, digesting the information. After a few minutes, he spoke again.

"Why did you feel the need to decieve me? You’re not ignorant to the fact that I’m part of the Order of the Phoenix as is Dumbledore and even McGonnagal. Why didn’t you come to us instead of hiding away?”

"Don’t judge me, Snape. What kind of protection would I have going to the Order? James and lily were order members too and they were tracked down and killed. Can you guarantee my safety and that of my daughter? Do you trust each and everyone of your members to not betray you? I sure as hell don’t. Hiding away is the only way to keep myself and my baby safe."

Snape was at a loss for words. Here before him was a woman full of fire and even venom. He couldn’t fault her for being defensive. He was like that all the time. Never letting anyone close to him. He spent too long in the shadow of his father. He’d hid out all his life, that is until he’d met Artimis. She’d been the one to draw him out of the shadows into the light.

At that thought, his heart clenched in pain. There would never be another like her. She was a goddess among mortals.

“I understand. Rest assured that your secret’s safe with me.”

Just as he was about to get up and walk off, Albus apperead at the entry to the classroom.

“I’ve called The Order together, come, we’re all going to search. Harry must not fall prey to the Dark Lord.”

~*~*~*~*~*~

Tonks started in surprise as her boss came striding through the door. "Mad Eye, what is it?”

"The Potter boy is missing. We’ve been called to search. Come on, let’s go."

"But professor, I’m not missing. I’m right here."

Alastiar Moody stared at him, his magical eye taking him in. No you’re not. You look n…” he trailed off as he approached the bed.

“Where’s the headquarters for the order.”

“I can’t tell you. You made me secret keeper. If I tell, the whole Order is compromised. ”

That answer was sufficient for all of them.

Alastair gave a harry a long look and then he caught sight of the twin boy.

"What is merlin’s bloody name is going on here. Are you under a glamour?”

The twin boy looked him steadily in the eye. "He was, when I found him, if I’m correct, he’s been under a glamour all along.”

“And who are you, vampire.”

"My name is Mathias Noir. But I have a feeling that’s I’m someone else altogether. I’ve not been a vampire for long. Last week my parent’s killed and I was bitten. One of my newest abilities, is aura sighting. I can tell if someone is under a glamour or even if someone is under the effects of polyjuicde potion. Their aura is all blurry or distorted."

"That’s what Harry looked like to me when I found in a back alley. He almost died. I removed the glamour and now his aura is completely clear. This is definitely his true form."

“Healer Lennox is researching their background.” Tonks said. “He already confirmed that Harry was born here in the maternity wing. Their twins, Moody.”

"Triplets actually." Said healer Lennox as he came in the room. "You’re two of three. Sadly, your brother was killed by death eaters only 8 weeks later. Your father is Severus Snape. Your mother was Artemis Snape, his wife.

The blood drained from Harry’s face. No bloody way! "Snape, the bat of the dungeons…my father?”

“Our father, Harry.” Matthias said. “And if that is true, how did you end up with the potters?”

"I can answer that too." Said the healer. "The same night. Lily Potter gave birth to a still born, who miraculously came back to life. I’d bet all the galleons in my vault that someone switched you for the still born. That would make you, Aubrey Allessander Snape.” He turned to Matthias next. "My deduction tells me that since Aaron, your brother, died later and you were stolen, you’d have to be Ambrosias Odysseus Snape.”

"I’ll inform Severus strait away." Alaistair said as he headed for the door. "Tonks, you stay here with the boys." Then the old auror was gone.

Harry was numb. Snape was his father…and now he had a brother. It was all too much!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The End.
End Notes:
Up next: Harry reveals how he got to london, i'm sure everyone is wondering that.

The truth is revealed to Severus...will he handle it or go batty?


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2483