Lost Treasures by slytherensangel26
Summary: Severus Snape thought he had it all.

And then tragedy struck. His wife was dead, two of his son were dead and one was missing.

What he doesn't know is that two of them are alive. What happens when the two sons reunite?
Response to Surviving Sons Challenge
Categories: Parental Snape > Biological Father Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Bellatrix, Dumbledore, Original Character, Petunia, Vernon, Voldemort
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Drama, Family, Hurt/Comfort, Tragedy
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe, Creature!fic, Kidnapped, Runaway, Slytherin!Harry, Snape-meets-Dursleys, Vampires
Takes Place: 6th summer
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Alcohol Use, Neglect, Profanity, Violence
Prompts: The Surviving Sons
Challenges: The Surviving Sons
Series: Lost Treasures
Chapters: 15 Completed: Yes Word count: 28934 Read: 72077 Published: 19 Mar 2011 Updated: 01 Sep 2011
Premonitions by slytherensangel26
Author's Notes:
Another talent surfaces!
Premonitions

Midnight

Ginny Weasley sat up in her bed…having been woken from her dreams by a lulling voice deeply imbedded in her mind. In a trancelike state, she walked down the stairs and out the front door. All she could hear was the voice that sounded like an angel. She just had to hear more.

As the door closed, Molly woke up in her bed. Something wasn’t right. With out putting a robe on, she ran out the door and up to her daughter’s room.

Lumos!” she cried and then gasped…the bed was empty and the window was opened. The soft green curtains fluttered in the night breeze.

A loud curse flew out of her mouth and she hurried out to the window…there was her daughter…walking somewhat unsteadily as if under a trance. Then a cloaked figure swept her up and with a loud crack they were gone.

The Scene changed to a darkened room.

Draco stared down at the captive. The Weasley girl looked up at him with contempt. Her voice had been silenced and she was bound to the bed. But she was glaring daggers at him.

“Father, why her? She’s pureblooded like us. It’s not right!”

“She’s the daughter of an enemy. Her father almost got me arrested. He’s got to be punished!”

“Then go after her father, but she’s done nothing that demands revenge!”

“Draco, this is the Dark Lord’s bidding. You have no choice. Do it now, or be cast out of the family forever. You’ll wind up on the streets begging for food like a common dog. Is that what you want?”

Draco sighed with resignation…he hated what he was about to do, but he knew he had no choice. The last thing he wanted was to have her death on his conscious…or her blood on his hands.

He put a stony mask on his face and then looked back up at the man who called himself his father. “Fine, but if you don’t mind, father. I want some privacy.”

Lusious looked displeased. "I’m disappointed in you draco. You’d rather lower yourself and be merciful then to let her die. She’s a blood traitor’s whelp. She deserves to die, along with everyone of her family members."

Draco didn’t lower his eyes instead he met his father’s glare with one of his own. “No, I won‘t do this. She may be a blood traitor but she’s still a living being. I refuse to lower myself to your level for the sake of some stupid regime.”

Malfoy’s lip curled as he pointed his wand at his son.

“Crucio!”

Someone was shaking his shoulder roughly and Aubrey came awake with a cry. Ambrosias was sitting next to him and looking into his eyes.

“Aub, it’s only a dream, you’re safe!”

Aubrey shook his head. "No this didn’t feel like a dream…we have to check on Ginny!”

“What’s going on in here?” came a silky voice.

"Aubrey had a nightmare. But he says it didn’t feel like one”

"Dad, Malfoy, he’s got his sights on Ginny. He’s forcing Draco to harm her! We have to check on her!”

A look of alarm crossed Severus’ face which he quickly masked with a frown. Taking  Ambrosias’ spot he gently touched his son’s forhead and immediately his eyes closed.

A moment later he sat back. "This isn’t good. We need to go to The Burrow immediately. You boy’s get dressed and ‘Brosius, refill your flask and get your cloak. Time is fleeting!

“It wasn’t a dream, was it.”

“No more questions, we’ve got to hurry. I’ll send a patronis to Arthur.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

20 minutes later

The Burrow

Ottery St Catchpole

The trio appeared on the boundries of the burro to a strange sight. Aubrey froze in shock as he saw Ginny walking as if she were in a trance…

“Ginny!” he cried in dismay. His twin didn’t waste any time as he grabbed his brother’s arm and litterally flew towards ginny just as a cloaked figure appeared. They landed in front of Ginny a second later and Aubrey wrapped his arms around her.

The cloaked figure cried out in fury as Ambrosias lost control of himself and flew at her. It was over before it began.

The hood flew off revealing a woman…not that ambrosias cared, in another second her throat was slashed and the blood flowed. Another second passed as blood lust over came the young vampire and he greedily lapped at the open wound.

Aubrey turned away completely disgusted at the sight and picked up Ginny, carrying her back to The Burrow. Molly hurried towards them and took her daughter in her arms.

“Keep an eye on your brother, but don’t try and interfear with him until he’s done.” With that said, he turned and headed into the burrow as Aubrey walked out towards the feasting vampire.

He kept his distance but faced his brother, waiting as the furious drinking continued. 5 more minutes passed like that before Ambrosias looked up. Blood dribbled down his chin and his eyes were black as night. He licked his lips and then backed away from the death eater.

He immediately flushed as his senses came back to him. He wiped his mouth with his sleeve. “I’m sorry, I don’t know what came over me….I couldn’t stop myself.”

Aubrey still kept his distance. “That’s a death eater. She tried to kidnap Ginny…and you stopped her."

Ambrosias nodded and then crept forward again…then he gazed into her dead eyes. “I know her…from somewhere.”

“That’s Bellatrix LeStrange, son.” Severus said as he approached. She’s the Dark Lord’s concubine. ..and willing slave. She escaped from Azkaban last year."

“I know her though.” Ambrosias insisted.

Severus walkd towards his son and gently pressed a hand to his son’s head. In his mind’s eye, he saw through his son’s eyes, her insane face as she carried him off into the night. That was he needed to know.

"She stole you from me, when you were just 8 day’s old. She’s the one who ruined my life. He looked down at the corpse and he spit on her form before raising his want.

“Incendio!”

As the flames consumed the body, Severus illuminated his wand to better see his son’s face. His eyes had resumed their brown color and with a few cleasing charms, he cleaned his son’s face and clothes of bloody stains.

“Son, how are you feeling, are you in control again?”

“I feel sloshy, as if I’ve drunken a little too much, other then that, I’m fine…if not mortified of losing control of myself. Once I smelled the blood I lost it.”

“You’ve nothing to be ashamed of. You’ve only been changed a couple of weeks. I’m sure with time you’ll be able to gain more control. Can you be around the Weasley’s now?”

His son nodded. “Yeah, I’m in control again. Lets go.”

Once again, they made for The Burrow.

They were met at the door by Arthur. Severus put a reassuring hand on his arm. "He’s himself again. No one is in danger now.”

That was good enough for Arthur and he led them into the sitting room. Ginny lay on the couch with her mother fussing over her. She was awake now and her eyes widened in fear.

“I’m sorry to have frightened you. I’m swear I’m not even gonna come near you.”

Mrs. Weasley turned around. “These are your sons, Severus?”

Snape nodded as Aubrey stepped towards them. "Is Ginny okay? I was so worried for her. The dream scared me to death."

“What dream?” Arthur asked.

"When he was still Harry, he had several talent surpressors on him. Now that the glamour has been removed, all his natural talents are beginning to surface. Before tonight I didn’t know he had the gift of foresight. What he thought was a dream was actually premonition. It’s usually passed down from parent to child. His mother, Aretemis had the same gift."

“Wicked!” exclaimed Fred and George as they came down the stairs.

The parents ignored them. “Did you see anymore?”

Aubrey nodded. "Lusious Malfoy, he ordered the kidnapping out of revenge. He was going to force Draco to…violate her. It was how Draco would have been initiated into the Death Eaters. In my dream, he refused to do it. I don’t know what will happen to him now.”

Arthur looked sick. “So by killing the Death Eater, she’s safe now?”

Aubrey nodded. “She’s safe now. My brother made sure of that.”

“I wouldn’t put it passed him to try again. He was very angry in the…vision.”

“But that still doesn’t answer how Harry…sorry Aubrey could have known that she was in trouble. I thought visions were always subjective…generalized.”

“It’s a soul bond.” Molly said as realization colored her expression. “She came back so very different after her second year. She’s always thinking about Aubrey. It’s non stop. He rescued her in the chamber, that must have been what did it.”

“So what, they’re soul mates now?” asked George.

Not really, but it has the potential to grow into one. His mother Aretimis and I formed one during our 6th year…around the time when Malfoy was trying to recruit me.”

All this time, Ambrosius had become really quiet. He was focused on Ginny. Something wasn’t right…her aura wasn’t normal. Fred noticed.

They walked over to him. “Alright there?”

The teen vamp was snapped out of his trance. “Her aura… it’s not normal. It’s tinged…I don’t know why.”

Arthur narrowed his eyes. “How do you mean?”

“It’s a natural gift that comes with being a vampire. We can sense auras. It’s like having night vision. She’s been touched by…dark magic…I think.”

Molly was quiet for a moment. “It’s from the diary, it was destroyed but when she was under the spell….it must have done more damage then we thought.”

“I’ll kill Malfoy,” growled Arthur.

"Not before I get my piece of him."

“I won’t stop you.” Severus said in silky voice, “But as Draco’s godfather, I’ll only ask that you leave him in one piece. In the vision, he refused to do anything that might hurt Ginny. He was hit with a crucio when he refused to violate her.”

"He’s been play acting all along.” Severus continued. “With Luscious for a father, I don’t blame him. Like all Slytherins I would want to do anything to keep from receiving beatings. Especially from that bastard father of his.”

Arthur nodded as he took out his wand. “Expecto Patronum!” he then sent the spectral weasel on it’s way. It would alert not only Moody, but also the entirety of the Order. It was a powerful spell and only an expert in the charm would be able to cast.

When that was done, they returned to the matter at hand. They returned to the matter of Ginny’s safety. It was decided that Ginny would be safer at Hogwarts, until Malfoy was caught.

And so as dawn began spread across he horizon, Ginny and her mum along with the Snapes headed back to the safety that was Hogwarts…it had been a busy night. And with Ginny safely in the dungeon ( a first for the fiery Gryffindor) they all went back to sleep.

The End.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2483