Lost Treasures by slytherensangel26
Summary: Severus Snape thought he had it all.

And then tragedy struck. His wife was dead, two of his son were dead and one was missing.

What he doesn't know is that two of them are alive. What happens when the two sons reunite?
Response to Surviving Sons Challenge
Categories: Parental Snape > Biological Father Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Bellatrix, Dumbledore, Original Character, Petunia, Vernon, Voldemort
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Drama, Family, Hurt/Comfort, Tragedy
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe, Creature!fic, Kidnapped, Runaway, Slytherin!Harry, Snape-meets-Dursleys, Vampires
Takes Place: 6th summer
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Alcohol Use, Neglect, Profanity, Violence
Prompts: The Surviving Sons
Challenges: The Surviving Sons
Series: Lost Treasures
Chapters: 15 Completed: Yes Word count: 28934 Read: 72082 Published: 19 Mar 2011 Updated: 01 Sep 2011
Draco's Defection by slytherensangel26
Author's Notes:
I hadn't really planned for this to happen, but it seemed to happen on it's own. Hope you enjoy this update anyway!

That same night

Draco sat on his bed with his mother, Narcissa. Bellatrix LeStrange had just left minutes before on her ‘mission’. She’d been only too happy to perform this duty for her master. It was all sickening what he was about to do. Sure, the thought of having sex aroused him, (he was a teenage boy with raging hormones) but knowing that the girl wouldn’t willingly give herself to him and that he would be taking it from her, destroyed all the anticipation.

Dread reared up from him as his father came in the room. Luscious looked like the very devil as he beckoned his son. “The girl will be here soon, come with me.”

“Dad, I don’t want to take her. It’s not right.” The young pureblood didn’t know what made him say it, but now that he had, he felt a weight lift off his shoulders…and then it was replaced with fear at the dark look his father was giving him.

“It’s not up to you to decide what is right and wrong. You were born to be in the Dark Lords service. He requires this deed to be done, and so you will perform as expected. Now, get off your ass and come with me.”

Draco made a hasty decision. “No, I won’t do it. I refuse to rape the girl. It’s shameful and I will not bring myself down to his level. Kill me if the Dark Lord requires a blood sacrifice, but I am not going to go with you.”

Luscious pulled out his wand, and pointed it at his son. “Get up…now.”

“No.”

“Avada…”

“No!” Narcissa cried out as she doubled over.

That made Lusious lower his wand.

“What is it.”

“Bellatrix, she’s….gone!”

“What do you mean, gone?”

“Dead, someone’s murdered her!”

Luscious didn’t look ruffled. “So be it. One last woman to worry about. She should never have been allowed to join in the first place.”

“Luscious! How could you say that? She was my sister!”

“She’s just a woman, she never even managed to produce an child, she was just a useless whore anyway….just like you.”

Narcissa flushed in shock and looked up at him uncomprehendingly. Draco was seething.

“I’m not a worthless whore. I gave you an heir and I even allowed myself to be branded! And this is the thanks I get?”

“Shut your mouth Sissy. You will go to your room now and wait for me there.”

“No. I will not be your biddable wife anymore. I am taking my son and leaving here.”

“Oh no, Narcissa. You’re not going anywhere but my bedroom. You forget your place and it seems like now’s a good time to instruct you.” Saying this, he grabbed his wife by her hair and drug her from the room.

Draco reacted hastily again, and he pointed his wand at the elder Malfoy’s back. “Avada Kedavra!”

The green bolt of light hit his father’s back and Luscious fell to the floor…dead. Draco rushed forward and freed his mother. Once freed, she grabbed his arm. “We’ve got to leave now. We’re dead once he’s found.”

In a sudden burst of speed, they were running up the stairs to and to the front door. They stopped short when they saw McNair guarding the door. “Patrificus Totalus!”

With the death eater on the floor, they ran past the gates and to freedom, Without looking back, she grabbed her son and turned on the spot…disappearing with a deafening CRACK!

Moments Later, they were in Hogsmead…or more precisely at The Three Broomsticks. Still holding Draco close to her, she rushed inside and then hurried to the farthest table.

For several minutes, they were both quiet. They were both trembling at what had just transpired. Draco could not believe that he’d just killed his father.

A loud thump shook him from his thoughts and he looked up.

Narcissa had just collapsed. He got up and ran to her side. “Mum!”

“Stand aside, youngling.” Said a new voice. “We have to move fast!”

Draco looked up to see a tall woman in dark clothing. She was kneeling by his mum and running a wand over her body. “Oh, my…this is not what I expected.” Without looking up, she called out. “Rose! We need to get this woman upstairs!”

“Mum, what’s going on?”

Draco looked up to see his housemate, Kelly.

“My mum’s sick.”

The woman looked up as Madame Rosemerta ran to them. “Kelly, come here and help me.”

The girl complied and with the four of them, they carried her up to the overhead loft. Once there, they put Narcissa on the couch. The woman once again ran her wand over the comatose, witch. Then she looked up at Draco.

“You know the way to Hogwarts?”

“In my sleep, have you got a broom?”

Kelly came in with two brooms. She handed the extra to Draco.

“Good, then you need to go get help. Now hurry!”

With the speed of the night wind, they soared into the distance.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Ambrosias couldn’t sleep. It was a constant reminder that he was now a creature of the night. This night, he’d been woken by an invisible thread, that was tugging him forward. Once he pushed the doors open, he was greeted by none other then Stella.

The vamp looked him over. “I sensed you were troubled. Has something happened tonight?”

Ambrosias nodded. “I lost control and killed a death eater…before I could stop myself, I drank her…all of her.”

He looked at his feet ashamed of himself.

Stella reached out and took his hand. “Walk with me. A good stroll has always helped me sort things out.”

Ambrosias nodded and allowed himself to be lead out from under the shadow of the school. Before he knew it, they were at the Black Lake. Once there, they sat against a big tree.

The moon overhead shown on them casting an ethereal glow over them.

“My twin has the gift of foresight. He’s soul bound to the young Weasley girl, and he saw her being kidnapped by the Death Eaters. She would have been raped if we hadn’t stopped her.”

“We took to the sky and got there just as The death eater appeared. Ginny was under some kind of trance and my brother and I went after her. He caught her and I attacked the death eater, I killed her on the spot and when I saw the blood, I lost control. The next thing I knew, my brother was watching me, he kept his distance but still, I was so ashamed and yet glad that I’d killed her.”

Stella reached for his hand. “You’re a hero then, you helped save your brother’s future mate. We thrive on blood, we vampires. You found a source and you fed from it. This won’t be the first time you lose control. Blood lust is a natural occurrence to us. With time, you’ll learn to bring it into submission. You and I are of the same cloth, we’re both magic kind, that’s what will make the difference in the end.”

Just then, they both looked up and heard soft whispers as two broomsticks flew overhead. With the inbred gift of supernatural speed, they raced for the front door.

They arrived just as Draco and Kelly were dismounting their brooms. In the space of no more then a second, they were blocking the way. What are you doing here, school won’t be in session for a few more weeks.

“My mum’s collapsed,” Draco answered. “We need Madame Pomfrey’s help.”

“Please?” Kelly asked.

Instinctively, both vampires knew they spoke the truth. As they parted, Ambrosias said, “Go get Pomfrey, I’ll get my dad.”

As one they all raced their separate ways. In a matter of minutes, they all stood in the main hall.

“You boys stay here.” Severus ordered. “We’ll be back as soon as we can.” Then in front of everyone, he closed his eyes and morphed into a bat. Draco’s eyes widened as the bat took flight and soared out the open door. He looked to Pomfrey who looked at ease as she took the broom Kelly offered and flew out of sight.

When the adults were gone, Draco looked at to the twins in front of him.

“So, you’re Snape’s sons?”

Both twins nodded. “We just found out.”

“…A week ago.”

 

Draco looked between them. “You even finish each other’s sentences.”

“That just started.” Aubrey said grinning at his twin widely.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

It took no time at all for the healer and potions master to arrive at the wizard pub. Kelly was there to greet them.

She took the broomstick for Pomfrey and stood aside. Mum and Rosey are upstairs. “Its Narcissa, sir. She collapsed.”

Snape nodded at her. “Thanks for telling me. Lock the doors and keep watch for any trouble.”

The fourth year nodded and took out her wand. The look on her face was determined and any hint of fear vanished. It was the visage of a warrior, just like her mother.

When they got upstairs, they saw Narcissa was still passed out, Pomfrey knelt by the blonde woman’s side.

“I did a scan after she passed out. She’s got no bruises to speak of, but she’s 4 months along.”

“And her magical core?”

“It’s there, but she’s experienced something tragic, this night. She experienced the death of another. Someone close to her.”

“She’s lost her sister, Belletrix. She died trying to kidnapp Young Ms. Weasley, this evening. She came to a rather nasty end.”

Both witches looked up at him nonplussed. “Well, that’s one less psycho to worry about.” Hazel muttered.

No one disagreed with her.

A moment later, Poppy straightened. “She’ll be okay. There’s no traces of an unforgivable being used, I would say that sisterly bond being severed and the stress of running from…whatever she ran from, coupled with the stress of pregnancy wore her body out. The baby will be fine too, I think a night or two in the infirmary will have her back to normal in no time.”

“She was running from her husband. Draco must have been in some kind of trouble. I’ll have to get the full story from Draco. But first we should get her back to the school.”

“Agreed. But being as she’s the wife of a death eater, I think we should keep an eye out for any trouble. Do you think she’s stable enough to be flooed?” Severus asked.

Poppy ran another diagnostic charm over her. “She should be, but we’d better be quick about it.”

Severus gently gathered the woman in his arms and with a warm glance to Hazel who through in the powder for him, he said, “Hogwarts Infirmary” and then disappeared into the green flames. Hazel was the next to follow and then came Kelly and Madame Pomfrey.

Once they were gone, Madame Rosemerta looked about her before going downstairs and casting several strong wards. It would be a stressful night for the pub owner.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Hogwarts Infirmary

In no time at all, Narcissa Malfoy was laid out comfortably on the bed in a charmed coma. She would not wake up for a day or two. She would need all that rest both for her and the baby.

With her resting, Severus could now turn his attentions to the young Dragon.

With Kelly following him, he headed to the once place he knew the boys would be. The Slytherin common room. As they entered she sat on a nearby couch, pulled her feet up under her, and promptly fell asleep.

Severus walked over to a high backed chair and sat down, looking at them all sternly. He then softened his gaze towards Draco. “Mr. Malfoy, tell me what happened tonight. You’re safe here and nothing you say shall leave this room.”

“I killed my fath…Luscious. He was going to hurt mum, she’s carrying my baby brother or sister. Father was so angry at her. I was supposed to be initiated into the Dark Lord’s service tonight. To prove my loyalties, I was supposed to rape a the Weasley girl. She’s a blood traitor and nothing less would have been acceptable.”

“When I refused to do it, Luscious went into a rage and Mum tried to interfere. He was going to hurt her and I knew the baby could be hurt, so I killed him as he dragged her away. Then it’s all a blur, Mum and I got away and we apparated to The Three Broomsticks. The next thing I knew Mum was on the floor and Kelly and I were sent to get you.”

Severus grimaced and looked at his son. Aubrey nodded back confirming that it matched up to his vision.

The potion’s master sighed. “Tomorrow will come soon enough, so lets all go back to bed. In the morning, we’ll figure out how to clean up this mess.”

With the boys in bed and Kelly covered with a blanket, Severus sighed and headed back up to the infirmary.

There was much to discuss.

 

 

 

The End.
End Notes:
So, what did you think?

any flaming reviews will be turned back on you with visious velocity!


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2483