Back in Time by etherian
Summary: Detention turns into disaster as Snape, Hermione, Draco, Harry and Ron are tossed 96 years into their past. Canon up to PoA, AU after. Enemies become friends united in a quest to return home. Harry discovers family in the most unlikely of wizards.
Categories: Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco, Dumbledore, Hermione, Ron
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe, Time Travel
Takes Place: 2nd summer
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 91 Completed: Yes Word count: 310291 Read: 277285 Published: 31 Mar 2011 Updated: 31 Mar 2011
Chapter 21 by etherian

An old house elf stood on the headmistress's desk and whispered in her ear. When he was finished with his message, he vanished. "The children are nowhere to be found, Severus," Lyrica told the Potions professor as he paced angrily in front of her desk. "The house elves have looked everywhere. They've left Hogwarts. I don't know how..."

He snapped, "Oh but I do! It's Potter! When there's trouble, I can always expect him to be leading the way. He managed several times to leave Hogwarts." He stopped his pacing. "Fortunately, the place they generally run to is Hogsmeade."

"Then we should go at once before it gets any darker."

"Lyrica, I'm very sorry for this inconvenience. I had hoped I'd distracted the boys sufficiently, but it seems I miscalculated."

Taking the Floo powder from the mantle of the fireplace in her office, she took a portion of the black powder into her hand. "Children will always be underestimated, Severus. And truly, it's not that troublesome." She threw the powder onto the flames. "The Hogshead Pub!"

They soon arrived in the darkened pub known as the Hogshead. The place had a disagreeable smell and a quick look proved that the runaways were nowhere to be seen in the establishment. Outside, night had fallen and the street had a yellowish cast from the gaslamps lining the street. A few shops were closed for the day, but there were some businesses still open. Snape pointed down the way.

"I think we ought to try the Three Broomsticks first. That's always been a favorite haunt of Hogwarts students."

"As it is in this time as well," remarked Lyrica.

Their quick pace brought them to the door of the quaint establishment. Snape pushed the door open and could see their quarry at once.

"A triple? That's impossible, Potter! You charmed those darts!" shouted Draco.

"As if you didn't charm yours to keep knocking out everyone else's darts, Malfoy!" Both boys laughed and resumed their game of darts.

Severus Snape, when he wanted to be, could move as stealthily as a snake and could strike as quick as a cobra. He left Lyrica at the door and glided through the crowd of patrons and right up behind Draco and Harry. His hands clamped down upon their shoulders like lead weights.

"Professor?" squeaked Draco.

"Oh hell," muttered Harry.

The End.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2494