Back in Time by etherian
Summary: Detention turns into disaster as Snape, Hermione, Draco, Harry and Ron are tossed 96 years into their past. Canon up to PoA, AU after. Enemies become friends united in a quest to return home. Harry discovers family in the most unlikely of wizards.
Categories: Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco, Dumbledore, Hermione, Ron
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe, Time Travel
Takes Place: 2nd summer
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 91 Completed: Yes Word count: 310291 Read: 277350 Published: 31 Mar 2011 Updated: 31 Mar 2011
Chapter 27 by etherian

"Did you have to bring a book with you?" Ron whined. He looked askance at Hermione sitting beside him in the stands of the Quidditch pitch. A large book was open upon her lap.

Hermione glanced up, squinting at the sunlight. "Just watch the practice, will you?" Her tone of voice was gentle. Ron gave her a light punch to the shoulder and he went back to watching the Gryffindor team practice.

"Look at that form," marvelled Harry. "I never expected Dumbledore to have such grace." He whistled approvingly as the young Dumbledore deftly spun upon his broom in order to dodge a bludger.

"I knew the old man liked Quidditch, but I never expected this," mused Draco. "Of course, they haven't the speed we have. This is Quidditch in slow motion."

The practice soon ended and as the four were leaving the stands, Dumbledore came trotting over to them. His skin was flushed and his nose was apple red from the flying. "Hello! How do you think we did up there?"

Draco mumbled something and received an elbow in the ribs from Hermione. Harry spoke up, "You're all brilliant! I sure miss playing."

"I miss flying," muttered Ron.

Albus beamed. "We have some extra brooms, not as good as these, but you're welcome to borrow them."

"Really?" asked Harry.

"Sure! Come on and I'll show you where they are." Albus led them into the Gryffindor locker room and over to a storage closet. He opened the closet door and began rummaging around. He picked out four brooms out of a dozen that seemed to be the best of the lot. Draco eyed his with obvious disdain.

A small first year girl came into the locker room and headed for Dumbledore. She whispered to him, eyed the visiting strangers with big brown eyes, and then ran back outside. Albus turned back to them. "I have to go. Would you return those when you're finished?"

"Sure thing, mate!"

Albus left the locker room. "He's still a nosy old man," muttered Draco.

"Oh leave off, Malfoy!" snapped Harry. He held up his broom. "It's no Nimbus, but it's freedom. Let's go fly."

Hermione put her broom back in the closet. "I'm going to the library." She smiled at the disappointed looks on Harry's and Ron's faces. "You know I'm not that great on a broom anyway."

"All right, 'Mione," said Ron. "We'll meet you in a couple of hours, okay?" She nodded to Ron and headed for the inner door that led to the interior of the castle.

Draco stared at his broom and flashed a look at the door closing behind the Gryffindor girl. "Uhm... I think this broom just isn't up to the job," he mumbled. "Wouldn't want to kill myself, you know? You guys have fun." Draco shoved the broom into the closet and walked quickly to the door Hermione had just gone through. Once he was out of sight of Ron and Harry, he raced down the corridor looking for Hermione.

"What's his problem?" asked Ron.

"Who cares?" Harry grinned and grabbed Ron by the sleeve. "We've got brooms! And no Malfoy!"

The End.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2494