Back in Time by etherian
Summary: Detention turns into disaster as Snape, Hermione, Draco, Harry and Ron are tossed 96 years into their past. Canon up to PoA, AU after. Enemies become friends united in a quest to return home. Harry discovers family in the most unlikely of wizards.
Categories: Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco, Dumbledore, Hermione, Ron
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe, Time Travel
Takes Place: 2nd summer
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 91 Completed: Yes Word count: 310291 Read: 277297 Published: 31 Mar 2011 Updated: 31 Mar 2011
Chapter 40 by etherian

Night had fallen by the time they returned to Hogwarts castle. Dinner was already waiting for them, as was a message from the headmistress. Snape tucked the message into his pocket. Draco was nowhere to be seen.

"You may start your dinner. I am going to see if Mr. Malfoy has been in his room this entire time."

Harry, Ron and Hermione swarmed over the table, their appetites aroused by the wonderful aromas. Snape walked out of his door and across the hall to where Draco's door was. As he raised his hand to knock, he could feel the ward Draco had put up.

"Quite good, Mr. Malfoy," he whispered softly. Taking out his wand, he tapped the door and murmurered an incantation. A shimmer rippled across the door and the lock clicked. "But not good enough." Replacing his wand, he rapped sharply upon the door. He waited a moment, and then opened it.

The room was dark, but moonlight shone through the open curtain. The fireplace was cold. The castle elves had obviously respected Malfoy's ward, even though they could have easily ignore it. In the light of the moon, Snape was able to discern that the room was in a shambles. The few objects that had been part of the room's decor were either broken, or thrown to the floor. The bed had been torn apart. Draco himself lay curled up on the floor in front of the cold fireplace.

Taking out his wand once more, he pointed toward the fireplace and whispered, "Incendio." A bright fire crackled in the fireplace and Snape leaned over. "Wake up, Mr. Malfoy."

Draco stirred groggily and blinked at the brightness of the flames just a few inches from his face. "Professor Snape?"

"None other, boy. Get up." His tone was firm, but not sharp. Unfortunately, Draco was still lolling on the floor like a drunkard. "Mr. Malfoy! On your feet!" He snapped.

The response was immediate. Draco practically levitated to his feet. He ran a hand through his mussed up hair and had the good grace to appear properly ashamed. He glanced around at the disaster area that was his room. "Sir, I... " he swallowed painfully as he caught Snape's dark look. "I'll be getting this cleaned up, sir. Right away."

"Do that, Mr. Malfoy and then come to dinner. You and I will talk. Later." Turning on his heel, he left the boy to worry and to clean up his room.

Draco soon put in an appearance for dinner. He was neatly dressed and his wild hair had been tamed by a comb. He barely acknowledged anyone and seated himself at the table.

Snape had eaten enough and he rose from the table. "I have a meeting with the headmistress. It's been a long day, so try to retire soon. Mr. Malfoy?" Draco glanced up warily. "Miss Hermione will show you the purchases we made on your behalf today. If anything does not fit, or if there was anything forgotten, make a note of it and we shall remedy the situation."

"Yes, sir," he mumbled.

"I then want for you to wait for me here."

"Sir?" Draco asked, his voice tinged with a frisson of fear.

"It is quite all right, Mr. Malfoy. Just wait for me." Draco nodded miserably and Snape left to go meet with the headmistress.

The End.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2494