Back in Time by etherian
Summary: Detention turns into disaster as Snape, Hermione, Draco, Harry and Ron are tossed 96 years into their past. Canon up to PoA, AU after. Enemies become friends united in a quest to return home. Harry discovers family in the most unlikely of wizards.
Categories: Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco, Dumbledore, Hermione, Ron
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe, Time Travel
Takes Place: 2nd summer
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 91 Completed: Yes Word count: 310291 Read: 277401 Published: 31 Mar 2011 Updated: 31 Mar 2011
Chapter 43 by etherian

Snape had been in the middle of brewing a batch of Wolfsbane when the urgent owl had come from Lucius. As much as he wanted to ignore it, the particular request for a 'sympathetic' healer meant that someone was in need at Malfoy Manor. Snape knew it would either be Narcissa or Draco who had suffered injury. Sighing over the fact that the Wolfsbane did badly under a suspension spell, he cleared it away with Evanesco and left his lab. A few hours later he arrived at Malfoy Manor before ten in the evening.

"Severus! Was it that difficult to find a healer at St. Mungo's?" snapped the elder Malfoy just as Snape apparated into the manor.

"As your request so clearly implied, Lucius, you wanted a pureblood loyal to our Dark Lord." Severus indicated the swarthy man who stood slightly behind him. "This is medi-wizard Ogdred Gallum."

The dark-skinned man bowed deferentially toward Lucius. "I am humbled before thee, Master Malfoy. I have served other families of our Dark Lord and shall do the same for yours with the utmost discretion. Where is my patient?"

Lucius stepped ahead of them and led the way up the stairs to Draco's room. He released the wards, pushed open the door and ushered them into Draco's bedroom.

The room reeked of blood and vomit. Severus made a concealed effort to not react to the sight of Draco curled up in the center of the room. Dark, angry bruises bloomed all over his arms and legs. Severus could not begin to imagine what bruises there might be under the boy's clothing. There were several open and bleeding cuts upon his face and Lucius pointed to those.

"Make certain he bears no scars, Master Gallum. He will require his looks when he comes of marrigeable age." Lucius had no more concern for Draco's welfare than a torturer to his victims.

The medi-wizard clucked under his breath as he took out his wand and opened his bag of potions. "Perhaps you should not strike the face next time, sir. There are only so many times that one can repair facial bones."

Lucius nodded. "I shall take that under advisement."

"May I inquire, Master Malfoy, was this a pure beating or was an Unforgivable applied as well?" The medi-wizard was not gentle as he poked and prodded at Draco's injuries. Though the boy was unconscious, his body still reacted to the pain.

Severus felt sick as he cast a glance toward Lucius' dispassionate expression. Lucius replied, "Cruciatus, but as you can see, the lesson required more than what the Cruciatus provides."

"Thank you, sir. If you permit me, shall I treat that as well?" asked Gallum as he unfolded the boy from his foetal position.

Lucius nodded toward the perverted excuse for a physician. "Certainly. I also require that you remain to attend to my son until you deem him capable of recovering on his own."

"Certainly, sir. It is my duty to you and our Dark Lord. Now, if I may complete my ministrations in private?"

"Of course." Lucius beckoned to Snape as he exited the room. "Severus, I require your assistance in dealing with another problem. Come with me."

Snape followed, not daring to spare a glance toward the wreck of a nine year old child practically near death upon his bedroom floor. He despised the unctuous medi-wizard. The vile troll had healing skills and would bring Draco back to form, but the medi-wizard was much more proud of his reputation for inflicting damage and great pain when an Unforgivable curse wasn't enough. Lucius closed the door, but not before a groan of pain escaped from within along with a soft plea for help.

As they went back down the stairs, they were assaulted by a scream of grief deep within the manor. Lucius ignored the sound. Severus was able to discern that the anguish came from Lucius' wife, Narcissa.

"Dobby!" Lucius shouted. The elf was standing before him, wringing his hands nervously. "Cast a silencing spell around your mistress's rooms and then bring the girl to me." Dobby squeaked and vanished as quickly as he'd arrived.

Another scream was cut off as a silencing spell was dutifully cast by the elf. In moments Dobby had returned. Clutching tightly to his hand was a dark haired little girl. She glanced fearfully to Lucius and then to Snape. The terror emanating from her pale blue eyes cut into Snape and he nearly lost his expressionless composure.

"No, no. This won't do." Lucius shook his head in annoyance. "Must I always think for you, Dobby?" He kicked the elf viciously off to the side and then pointed his wand. The child let out a wail of terror. "Somno." She thudded to the floor, asleep.

"What did you want of me, Lucius?" Snape asked guardedly. He could see that the house elf was fretting silently over his small charge.

Lucius waved a dismissive hand toward his daughter. "She would have been of use in marriage negotiations, but she has proved to be a weakening influence upon Draco. He has discovered a need," he sneered the word in distaste. "to protect her." He nudged the girl with his foot. "Get rid of her Severus." A cruel smile touched the man's lips. "Should you decide to play with her first make the most of it. However, do be sure to dispose of her properly afterward."

Snape didn't even bother replying to repulsive suggestion. He merely picked up the child and apparated out and away from the Malfoy Manor.

The End.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2494