Too Much Wormwood by RavenclawRocks
Summary: Harry and Snape switch bodies temporarily, thanks to Neville adding too much wormwood to what was supposed to be a potion to make the drinker become smarter.
Categories: Misc > Strictly Canon Universe Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required)
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: None
Media Type: None
Tags: None
Takes Place: 3rd summer
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: Yes Word count: 1157 Read: 8817 Published: 08 May 2011 Updated: 23 May 2011
Story Notes:

Enjoy.
Review.
Share!

Hope you like it!  Thanks!
-RavenclawRocks

The Day It Happened by RavenclawRocks

Harry walked into Potions, hauling his books onto his desk and sitting down.  Professor Severus Snape stood in front of the class.

"Potter," Snape said. "Your twelve-inch essay assigned last week was eleven and three-quarter inches.  I do not tolerate slackers, Potter."

Some of the Slytherins laughed, and Harry slid down in his chair.

"Potter, I am so disappointed in you."

"Sorry, sir," Harry mumbled.  It was all he could say.

"Now," Snape said, "Today in class we will make a Brain Stimulating Potion, causing everyone, no matter how dumb they are-" He glanced at Neville, who quivered slightly "-to be genius for ten minutes.  Turn to page three hundred and twelve in your books and follow the instructions."

After around a half hour of brewing potions, Harry had finished his and was watching Neville.

It all happened quickly.  Neville slipped, tipping the table his cauldron was on, sending the brown liquid that was his potion flying through the air.  Harry gaped... and some of it went into his mouth.

Harry tried to spit it out, but suddenly found himself a foot or so higher, standing at the front of the classroom, behind... Snape's desk?!  He looked around the classroom to find himself.

Oh, no...

He had become Snape.

Which meant...

Snape was him.

"Potter!" Snape-in- Harry's-body yelled.

The room was quiet as everyone looked at Snape (in Harry's body).

"Wait a second," Hermione said. "Why'd you call yourself 'Potter'?" She then found a puddle of Neville's potion on the floor. "Oh, no.  This is bad.  Professor Snape and Harry switched brains.  You see, Neville added too much wormwood, causing-"

"I don't care what it causes!" Harry (in Snape's body) yelled. "I just want to be me again!"

"Quiet, Potter," Snape growled.

"It's freaky, looking at myself."

"Just because you are in my body does not mean you have my priveleges!  Five points from Gryffindor!"

"Wait a second.... shouldn't I be able to do that, then?  You can speak Parseltongue, then... you have all of my abilities and I have all of yours."

Snape sighed. "I believe so, then."

***Later that Day***

Potions had been after dinner, and it was Harry's last class, so he headed to Gryffindor Tower, finding the Fat Lady.

"Password?"

"Reducto."

The portrait swung aside, and Harry walked into the Gryffindor common room.

It had been full of talking, but everyone got silent,  They watched Harry (in Snape's body) walk through the common room.

"It's okay.  It's me, Harry!  Harry Potter!" Harry said.

Katie Bell, bent over a table, doing homework, was brave enough to say, "No, it's Severus Snape."

"I am Harry James Potter, a Gryffindor who hates Severus Snape." Harry said.

Ron Weasley stood up from his place reading the Daily Prophet at a couch. "Harry, what type of Bertie Botts' Every Flavor Bean did Dumbledore get at the end of last year when you were in the hospital wing?"

"Earwax," Harry said.

"It's him!" Ron announced to the Gryffindors. "It's Harry!"

"So, Harry," Seamus Finnigan said curiously, "Can you give us Gryffindors some points?"

"Well," said Harry, "Most likely, but someone'll have to check in the Great Hall to see if it works, to see if the hourglass of rubies for Gryffindor gets filled up."

"Well," said a first year girl with thick glasses and messy brown hair, "I left a book down there.  I could go watch the hourglass to see if it gets any fuller."

After a few minutes, Harry (in Snape's body) said, "Fifty points to Gryffindor!"

The girl came back up with her book and a smile. "Yeah, it worked!"

Maybe being Snape... at least for a little while... isn't so bad, Harry thought with a smile spreading across his face.

The End.
End Notes:
Enjoy.
Review.
Share!

Hope you liked it! Thanks!
-RavenclawRocks


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2540