The Things That Happened by splintered_screams
Summary: Harry finds the truth of his parentage and a few more dark secrets kept by the headmaster. With the help of his new found father, can he defeat Albus Dumbledore?
Categories: Parental Snape > Biological Father Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Arthur, Bellatrix, Draco, Dumbledore, Ginny, Hedwig, Hermione, James, Lily, Lucius, Molly, Petunia, Pomfrey, Ron, Tobias Snape, Vernon, Voldemort
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Family, Hurt/Comfort, Tragedy
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe, Kidnapped, Snape-meets-Dursleys
Takes Place: 0 - Before Harry is born
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Character Death, Neglect, Profanity, Rape, Romance/Slash, Torture, Violence
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: No Word count: 928 Read: 2924 Published: 20 May 2011 Updated: 20 May 2011
Story Notes:

This is a story that I adopted from The Bunny Pound. The original plot was owned and created by fieryangel_522. I am merely continuing on with the original author's plans and thoughts.

1. Joining by splintered_screams

Joining by splintered_screams
Author's Notes:
Part of this story takes place before the age limit on Apparition and before anti-Apparition wards were placed on the castle--in my eyes at least, because it's a fan fiction.

And as mentioned before, this story was originally owned by fieryangel_522 I adopted it with the hope to give life to the creator's bunny. I hope you approve.

"Come on, Snape. I'm not asking you to join. I'm asking you to come with me to one meeting." Lucius whispered to the small boy who was, at the moment, fingering the binding on an old potions text.

"That may be, Malfoy," The younger boy whispered back, picking the old text off of the shelf after some contemplation, "but I've already told you that I'm not interested."

"But, don't you want revenge?" The older boy asked with desperation. He only wanted Snape to see how he could get his revenge on those Marauders and even his own Muggle father. He could get even, he could show them how powerful he truly was.

"I refuse to speak any further on this subject with you, Malfoy. I have other things to do." The third year walked swiftly over to his study table, a few other potions books in his hands.

"Other things to do? Like what? Study? Do homework? Fawn over that ridiculous Mudblood?" Lucius ran a hand through his hair in agitation. "Don't you see that if you join you can have any bloody girl that you want? You could own libraries with these texts," here he grabbed one of the books and shook it in the air, Snape just glared at him,"If you were to join, you could have anything that you wanted. Bloody Hell! You could have anything that you could imagine!" Lucius threw the book down at the table, earning him a stern glare from Madame Pince.

"Fine, but I'm only going to get you to shut up about it." Snape decided before he returned to his potions text.  The sixth year smirked before walking back to the Slytherin dorms, he needed to get ready.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Snape checked himself in the mirror once more. He had the attire that Lucius had deemed necessary for this meeting. Black hooded cloak, check. Black face mask, check. Black pointed boots, check. Nodding to himself, the thirteen year old Apparated to the appointed destination.

Pulling the mask from his face, Snape looked for Malfoy. The meeting was said to begin at seven o-clock sharp. It was now 7:10 and not a soul in sight. Snape drew his wand in case there was any danger.

"Ah, smart boy. You'll be Malfoy's friend, if I'm not mistaken." The sudden voice made Snape jump and spin to face the speaker, wand still in his hand.

The black haired man smiled. "Oh, no. I'm no threat to you. Lucius must have mistaken tonight's meeting time. I wasn't expecting anyone until a quarter past eight."

Snape lowered his wand. "So, you're Riddle? I was expecting someone more....threatening."

Riddle laughed. "I can be threatening, but one must provoke me first. I promise you no harm if you stay on the right side of me."

Snape squinted his eyes at the man. He didn't know how to evaluate this man. He couldn't have been more than nineteen years old.

"What's your name? I can't say that I've seen your family genes in the wizarding world." commented Riddle.

"Severus Snape. My father is a Muggle, my mother was a witch." Riddle crinkled his nose at the word Muggle.

 

"So, you're half-blood. That's interesting. My mother was a witch as well. My father was a filthy Muggle too, left my mother pregnant and penniless."

 

"Is that why you're doing this, then? Leading all of these wizards? For revenge?" asked Snape. He was curious. Malfoy had only mentioned revenge and some dreams come true, but he never gave Snape the reason why Riddle had these followers, or why he had actually joined the group.

Riddle crinkled his nose in thought. "Partly, yes. I guess you could say that this is for my own revenge. It's also to show the world how powerful I am. People have underestimated me in the past and I want to show them that they have no idea just how much power I have."

"Is that why you need us, then? To show that you can have power over people? That you can sway others?" asked Snape. If they were only a group to show that Riddle could manage control over people, he didn't want any part of it.

Riddle smiled a charming smile. "You are very inquisitive. I like that in a follower. I have followers for many reasons. Yes, so that I can show others that I can control and gain respect, but also because we believe that wizards should not consort with muggles. Some may call it Pureblood Supremacy. I call it saving blood lines that are older than the Hogwarts castle and keeping magic alive. I have followers because they want revenge, or because they want to show the world what they are capable of."

Snape thought of this information. He had done his deal of studying Wizarding Genealogy and knew that Riddle was right. A lot of wizarding lines were so diluted that they now contained Squibs and a few muggleborns. He had to agree with those reasonings and he did want to get revenge on his father for all of the abuse he had received and for breaking his mother's wand, her magic slowly dying inside of her making her no better than a Squib.

"So, Snape, are you going to join me?" asked Riddle as he leaned against a far wall. He sized up Snape, he didn't have anyone under sixteen in his followers, so a thirteen year old might be harder to train. Though, if Snape joined, Riddle thought that he might just be useful and not so disobedient.

To be continued...
End Notes:
Yes, I changed the ages of the characters to my liking. I hope most approve.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2551