Along Came a Family by missyanne
Summary: Severitus-beginning between years four and five. Harry is overcome with guilt over the death of Cedric Diggory and has isolated himsef from those who care. A strange gift arrives on his fifteenth birthday that changes everything.
Categories: Parental Snape > Biological Father Snape > Severitus Challenge Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco, Dumbledore, Hermione, Lucius, Remus, Ron, Sirius
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Family, Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe
Takes Place: 5th summer
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Alcohol Use, Profanity
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 37 Completed: No Word count: 179510 Read: 209696 Published: 06 Jun 2011 Updated: 29 Oct 2020
Regrets by missyanne

Albus Dumbledore sat alone in his office.

He still hadn't moved from the chair he had occupied whilst speaking to Severus only fifteen-minutes afore. Albus had rid himself of the scotch and the house-elves brought him a lovely camomile tea. He had not realised Severus' news about Harry had affected him so, until Severus had left to go think on the situation alone. Albus needed to calm his own frayed nerves. He knew this situation had affected Severus more than anything had since the death of Lily Potter.

The revelation of Harry's filial relationship to Severus was astonishing to say the least. Even Albus had not seen that one coming.

Despite Albus' reassurance to Severus, Albus was quite aware that this would not be easy for either of his boys. Albus was concerned that he would not be there enough for them this summer. He would be off trying to find evidence for this mysterious potion of Tom's. When the time came, Albus was afraid that he might not be there to guide his boys through rough waters. Then again, perhaps Albus' absence would be a good thing. Then Severus and Harry would be forced to depend upon one another.

Albus knew that although Severus claimed that the bridges had been burned between himself and Harry, he was also aware that bridges could be rebuilt, if one worked hard enough at it. There were bound to be rough patches between Harry and Severus, but Albus had no doubt that father and son would find solace in each other, if they gave one another the chance.

It was not Severus' willingness to initiate a relationship with is son that Albus questioned. Severus Snape was a selfish man in many respects, a trait that would, oddly enough, work out in Harry's favour.

Severus would want to claim that which belongs to him, and Albus knew the young man well enough to know that Severus would do almost anything to get his son back, despite his misgivings that Harry would want him. Severus would probably attempt to claim that he had no desire to become closer to his son, but Severus would never be able to deny his own nature. It was Harry, whom Albus felt was the unknown variable in the equation.

Severus was a man who did not forgive easily, but there was nothing to forgive of Harry. It was for Harry to do the forgiving. Because of Severus' unforgiving nature, he did not expect the same of others, and thought of those who readily forgave, rather as fools.

Albus was right, however, Harry was an exceptionally forgiving soul and he would, in time, eventually come to accept his father, but Harry was no fool. The boy had an uncannily keen ability to read the nature of people, but Severus had never given Harry the opportunity to see his true nature. Unless Severus took it upon himself to make the first overtures for reconciliation, Harry would simply consider himself as unwanted, suffer in silence, and any chance for father and son to make amends would be lost to the miasma of time.

Looking back, Albus wondered how he had missed it. Why hadn't he suspected Harry's parentage? Lily's deception had been perfect. No one had suspected her story because her claim of infidelity was reinforced by James Potter.

Albus should have asked Lily to be a spy.

Albus thought back on the circumstances that led to the present crisis.

Severus had confessed the state of affairs behind his and Lily's relationship after she had died. Albus had been astonished that Severus and Lily could pull off such an elaborate ruse at such a young age. Perhaps it wasn't so amazing that Lily could pull off another deception, after all.

It was an ill-kept secret that Severus and Lily had remained a couple after they left Hogwarts. But only three others had known that their later public breakup had been a ruse. Surprisingly, they had been Marauders.

That little slip-had been Severus' doing.

After finishing Hogwarts, Severus had become an exceedingly valuable asset to Voldemort (or so thought Tom Riddle). At eighteen, the boy had become the youngest Potion's Master in over five-hundred years. To add to the achievement, Severus had obtained his vaulted status of his own volition and passed the examinations readily without the benefit of a prior apprenticeship. Not only had this been a source of pride for Albus, it had been a source of pride for Voldemort, as Tom considered himself to be Severus' mentor and inspiration.

As Severus became more ensconced into the self-styled Lord Voldemort's inner circle, the boy's on-going relationship with Lily had come into question. Yes, Tom had been very much aware of Severus' long-time acquaintance with the Muggle-born witch.

She was quiet beautiful and Severus had assured Tom that the relationship was purely physical on his part. "All cats look the same in the dark," Severus coolly told his 'master.'

At first, Voldemort had not cared. If Severus wanted to defile a Muggle-born for his own debase pleasure, he was welcome to do so. However, once Severus reached his majority and gained his Potion's Mastery, propriety had to be upheld. It would not be seemly for Severus to be seen debasing himself with Muggle-born-filth. Thus, Tom ordered Severus to rid himself of his demimonde.

The lovers had other plans.

Even if Severus had tried to convince Lily that parting ways would be the most sensible thing to do. Lily would have never stood for it.

Voldemort would never tolerate the defection of one of his most trusted minions. Lily would never tolerate Tom taking Severus from her. She had no intention of abandoning the man that she loved, not at a time when he needed her most. After all, she had an erroneous sense of guilt over Severus becoming a spy in the first place. Severus had done it to avenge her parents. How could she just leave him?

Fortunately, both Severus and Lily were blessed with gifted intelligence and uncommon common sense for their age. They had decided to part ways… publicly at least.

Had they 'remained together,' Severus would have been questioned over his loyalty. Lily would have become a target...both would have been marked for death.

They would feign their break up. Severus would be 'cold and uncaring,' Lily would be 'heartbroken yet unforgiving.' He had called her a 'Mudblood' whilst they were 'arguing' in the middle of a café in Diagon Alley. It would be a repeat of an ugly episode that took place in their fifth year-Lily had forgiven him for the first debacle after stewing for over a month. Apparently, she would not forgive him again.

Their plan was to have a public and ugly separation, and then of course to continue seeing each other covertly.

The plan had worked. Everybody on both sides of the fighting had believed the parting to be genuine. With the exception of Albus, most had thought that perhaps Severus had become too ensnared in his role as a Death Eater. Many had lost their trust in Severus. Albus believed that Severus was being 'cruel to be kind,' and was forcing Lily to distance herself from him in an effort to keep her safe.

Severus had astonished Albus once again when he confessed that it had been relatively easy to find a secluded place in which he and Lily could rendezvous.

Severus had been the last Prince heir and his grandfather had left him the expansive family estate. The manor house would be totally unsuitable due to the fact that too many of his grandfather's former associates and their families were a part of Voldemort's original inner circle. Spinner's End, where the Muggle home his father had left him was located, was too well known by Severus' childhood contemporaries, also most of whom were now Death Eaters.

But the place Severus found was perfect. And if all went according to plan, it would be the place where he and Lily would one day raise their family and grow old together.

On a far secluded spot of the Prince Estate, approximately eight kilometres west of the manor, was a small lodge. It was warded from all but family members and had been in disuse for quite some time.

The cottage was built by Severus' great-grandfather around the end of the last century. His great-grandfather, Augustus, had built it as a retreat to get away from his harping wife. Severus' mother had told him about the cottage, and when he had come to live with his grandfather after her death, he had used it as a sanctuary from the 'tyrannical bastard,' as Severus had put it.

Severus decided to give the lodge to Lily as a gift. He allowed her carte blanche in remodelling the old dilapidated cottage. It would take her nearly a year to finish it. She could only work on the place sporadically because it would be suspicious if she and Severus were constantly gone at the same time. The wards would not allow her sole entrance until such time she officially became a part of the Prince family by marrying Severus.

As it happened, Severus and Lily could only steal way together every couple of months or so. If they were lucky, it would be for a weekend, but for the most part it would only be for a single night.

In the early summer of 1979, Severus had finally amassed the fortitude to ask for her hand in marriage.

It had been on the anniversary the Potter's death, after Severus had abused himself with several rounds of fire-whiskey, Albus had been in Severus' chambers, practically pouring cup after cup of strong black coffee down his Potion Master's throat, when Severus had regaled his story. Severus was in a rare, maudlin mood, and the events from the year before still stung him to the quick.

According to Severus, it had been a perfect June afternoon. He and Lily took a punt out to a small island that sat in the middle of the estate's swimming lake. In the distance, up on a hillside past pastures and woodland, the sprawling French Renaissance structure of Prince Manor stood sentinel.

After their picnic lunch, the several minutes of awkward silence was broken when Lily had finally told him to get on with it.

Severus had never been more nervous in his life than when he got down on bended knee, and asked Lily to be his wife and to his astonishment Lily had said 'yes.'

To this day…Severus claims it was the happiest day of his life.

Their plan had been simple enough. Severus would set up household in the manor whilst Lily kept her London flat. He would be able to Floo to the cottage, whilst she would Portkey inside the wards. The Portkey was created from Augustus Prince's pocket-watch. Severus had marked the inside of the watch with a spot of his own blood, that when added along with a specific incantation, was then capable of recognising the wearer as a Prince.

It had worked flawlessly. Nobody had known about Severus and Lily. That is until, according to Severus, he let his big-fat-masculine-pride and jealousy shove his big-fat-foot in his mouth.

Lily had gone into the Auror training program for the same reasons Severus had become a spy. She wanted the murderer that killed her parents stopped.

Her parents may not have been specifically targeted, but after the fact, the point was irrelevant. It happened to be a coincidence that they were on the Muggle commuter train that was the of a Death Eater attack. But the war had become personal, and Lily could no longer stand aside as a spectator and do nothing.

After Lily left Hogwarts, she did not want to be an Auror, per se, but she did want to learn the excellent combat training the program provided. She wanted to become an asset to the Order of the Phoenix.

It was after an Order meeting at James Potter's bachelor home in Devonshire that Severus' and Lily's true relationship became exposed.

When the official meeting of the Inner Circle had ended, Severus had remained behind in the study in order to give Albus his latest debriefing on Voldemort's activities.

James Potter had pulled Lily aside into the sitting room to go over some Ministry business that had nothing to do with the Order. Remus Lupin and Sirius Black were there as well. Thankfully, Peter Pettigrew, though a member of the Order, was not a member of the Inner Circle and was unaware of the meeting.

It was common place for Lily to stay and talk with James Potter professionally or even socially. Much to Severus' chagrin, she and Potter had become friends after working and training together since not long after they entered the Auror academy.

Albus had left by the Floo in James' study and Severus was heading outside to Apparate back to the manor. He had adamantly refused to allow James' Floo any connection to his home.

As Severus told it, when he passed James' sitting room, he noticed that Lily was still there. She and James Potter arose from the sofa as she made her leave. Then, to Severus' horror, James placed both of his hands on Lily's shoulders, leaned in, and kissed her on the cheek.

Looking back Severus had to admit that the kiss was nothing more than a peck on the cheek and innocuous enough. But Severus flew into a rage nonetheless, rushed into the sitting room, grabbed James Potter by the hair and punched James in the face hard enough to send the wizard flying, knocking over the settee before he landed into the far wall.

Through his rage, Severus had effectively managed to keep the other Marauders off of him whilst he continued to pin James Potter to the wall by the throat. Lily's pleas weren't even enough to placate Severus, and James' strangled appeals only managed to enrage Severus further.

Severus had become so infuriated; he had forgotten his tongue and threatened James. Albus remembered the exact words Severus said he had told James. "Touch my fiancé again…and the Dark Lord will be the least of your worries."

Severus had finally snapped out of his madness when he realised what he had said. He had exposed his relationship with Lily to the Marauders and potentially put her in danger.

Lily was the one who managed to gain control of the situation, and to Severus' vehement protests, explained everything to her fellow Gryffindors.

Not surprisingly, Sirius Black had been the least willing to believe the truth, whilst James sat there heartbroken, yet accepting. The information had seemed to be of no great surprise to Remus.

Lily had informed the Marauders that the information she was about to divulge was to remain within their tight circle or she would be forced to Obliviate them. Severus had wanted an Unbreakable Vow, but Lily had felt the measure unnecessary. Thus the Marauders were privy to a secret that not even Albus had been privileged to until after the Potter's deaths.

Now that Albus thought back upon it, the fact that Severus had not been exposed as a spy, should have alerted him to the fact that Sirius had not betrayed the Potter's to Voldemort. But at the time, he had not known that bit of information. Severus later told him, that he had assumed that Sirius Black had purposely not turned him in to Voldemort because it would be more of a cruelty to Severus to live with the guilt over his revelation of the Prophecy and his own hand in Lily's death, than to die quickly at the hands of the Dark Lord. Albus had been inclined to agree, but Severus had never been exposed to the better nature of Sirius Black and was naturally more disinclined to trust Sirius.

The fact that he had never investigated further into Sirius Black's story of innocence was a mistake that would haunt Albus for what was left of his long life. But life in the Wizarding world had become peaceful again. After the first weeks following Riddle's disappearance, the Death Eater's had either been arrested or gone into hiding and the Wizarding world wanted the sad chapter behind them. It seemed as if Sirius had truly been guilty and Albus had let the matter fade.

Albus Dumbledore made few mistakes, but when he did, they tended to be monumental. Not investigating Black's story and leaving Harry with his unfortunate relatives were chief amongst them. Albus was unsure of how he was going to make amends whilst simultaneously fighting a war…especially to Harry.

Unfortunately, ultimate victory depended upon the boy. If nothing else, as far as his considerable power would allow, Albus would assure that at least the boy would have as happy a life as was possible…until such time the inevitable came upon him.


Harry had been flying for over an hour under the half-moon-lit sky. He was no longer racing at a suicidal speed, but was now casually making figure eights around Hagrid's hut…with no hands.

Harry was finally able to think. He had stopped crying long ago.

Everything that Harry had bottled up inside him over the last few weeks had finally burst forth like an exploding cauldron and he had been helpless to stop it.

The guilt over Cedric's death...the worry of his friends meeting the same end...his impending trial and probable expulsion...the mystery behind his mother's gift and the revelation of her apparent infidelity with James Potter.

And then there was Snape.

His father.

His father!

That was when it all became too much to bear.

Over the last few days, as Snape's relationship with his mother came to light, Harry had felt an honest sympathy for the man. The betrayal of the love of his life to his life-long enemy would have been enough to make any man snap.

Yes, Harry had felt sorry for the man. That didn't mean that he liked him.

He may understand why Snape treated him the way he had over the last four years, but by no means was it justifiable. Snape—after all—was the adult. He didn't know Harry from Merlin when Harry walked into his classroom all those years ago.

The man had been purposefully rude to Harry and his friends, unabashedly biased towards Harry's House, and blatantly unfair!

Before Harry met Severus Snape, he found it inconceivable to be disrespectful to a teacher. If the man had treated Harry fairly or with the least amount of respect, Harry would have kissed the man's boots to be privy to his knowledge. That's how much he was actually looking forward to taking Potions when he first arrived at Hogwarts.

But no…when Snape first set eyes on him, he had to treat Harry as if he were something smelly stuck to the underside of his boot. He only saw Harry as the reincarnation of his dead fa… James Potter!

Harry grabbed his broom handle leaned into the boom, and took off around the castle. His acceleration matched his frustration.

Snape's my father. Not James Potter, Harry reminded himself. What was he supposed to do now?

Harry had no clue as to what he was supposed to do. What does one do when the man they had loathed for four years is suddenly revealed as their father? Most boys loved their fathers. Harry had at least loved the memory of James Potter, but Harry did not love Snape. Could he ever?

Would it mean he was a bad person if he did not love his father? Harry was sure that there were good people in the world that did not love their fathers. Some fathers just weren't deserving. Snape definitely wasn't.

But he didn't know that he was my father? Harry thought that it shouldn't make a difference, but somehow…he knew that it did.

Harry rounded the castle again, and followed the misty path of the Milky Way to the Black Lake. The moon was high and its light reflected like a million points of light on the glass surface. He pointed his broom downward and descended towards the water.

Harry was still thinking. Perhaps he wouldn't be a bad person for not loving his father, but maybe he would be a bad person if he didn't give his father a chance to love him.

Would the surly Potions Master want the chance? Harry didn't think so.

But did Harry really want Snape for a father? Harry did not know that either. What kind of father would Snape be? The man must have some redeeming qualities. After all, his mum had loved Snape.

Too many questions, Harry didn't want to think about it anymore.

Harry was now flying only inches above the Black Lake. He reached down with his hand and skimmed the water, watching the silver sparkles dance as he watched his face streak by.

He finally decided that he would just take his life one day at a time. What would happen…would happen. When all is said and done, that is all anyone could do.

Harry turned back towards the castle. Through the dappled shadows, Harry thought he saw a silhouetted figure atop the Astronomy Tower.

Harry decided to fly over to the tower and investigate, but by the time he had reached the tower, he only caught a glimpse of the dark shadow as it swept down the stairs.


Severus left the Headmaster's office and made a direct line for the Astronomy Tower.

The only time he ever went to the top of the Astronomy tower was when he reflected upon his time with Lily…Before everything went wrong. Now, he was going up there with a new purpose, to think about Harry, and what to do about his son.

When he reached the top of the tower, the stars were already bright in the sky. Between the merlons, Severus could see that between the starlight and the brilliant half-moon, the castle grounds looked practically alight. If one were to walk the grounds, they could do so without the aid of a Lumos. It was a perfect summer night.

Severus' heart ached, but not from the effort it took to climb the tower. This was an unfamiliar sensation to Severus and one he did not know how to deal with.

Severus had the strange burning sensation in his chest ever since he left the Pensieve. No…it wasn't love for Harry Potter. He could never love that arrogant, disrespectful, attention seeking, conceited little brat.

But Albus was right. Severus had just hopelessly fallen in love with his son…Harry Snape. He had definitely fallen in love with the cherub that slept in Lily's arms within the Pensieve.

All of these years, Severus had a son that was taken from him and he never knew it. But Severus was keenly aware of one thing—he did want his son back.

Severus was desperate to find out if his son…his Harry… was somewhere within the persona of the boy he had come to know as Harry Potter. It had occurred to him that Harry was not the product of Lily's betrayal and Potter's deceit. Harry was the very real product of Severus' and Lily's love...the love that she took to the grave with her. Harry was the son that Severus had once dared to dream of.

Severus had already admitted he did not know the boy. He did not want to know the boy, at least he hadn't before thirty minutes ago. Now, Severus wanted nothing more than to get to know the green-eyed doppelganger of James Potter.

And 'speaking' of the boy…there he was. He was on his broom, lopping figure eights over Hagrid's hut.

Severus' eyes narrowed. His eyesight was as sharp as a hippogriffs' and despite the distance and shadow, he could see that Harry was flying with no hands.

He had better get those hands on that broomstick before he finds himself on the receiving end of a Sticking Charm, Severus growled to himself. It was an empty threat. The boy was much too far away.

As if Harry had somehow read his mind, both hands grasped his broom as he took off out of sight around the far end of the castle.

The boy did not look happy.

Snape berated himself, of course the child would be upset-finding out that the most despised professor to step foot into Hogwarts in over a generation was his father.

Then it occurred to Severus. He…Severus, might wish to attempt to kindle some kind of father-son relationship, but what of Harry?

Severus had been a total arse to the child over the years, and it had been totally intentional. Severus had even taken pride in the torment he had caused the boy, all because he dared to look like James Potter.

Severus did not know it, but Harry had guessed the exact reason for the man's vehement hatred of the boy. Harry had been the physical embodiment of his beloved's betrayal. Every time Severus saw Lily's eyes staring at him from James Potter's face, he could hear his old nemesis laughing at him from beyond the grave.

Lashing out at the poor unwitting child had been Severus' way of silencing that laughter. He had always assumed that Harry was nothing more than a reincarnation of James Potter and Severus had treated him with all of the derision that a Potter deserved.

But Potter or not, Harry never deserved any of the scorn that Severus had dealt him. Even that first Potion's lesson, Severus knew that Harry had been diligently jotting down notes. The boy seemed so eager. Had he been any other student, Severus would have immediately began to observe to see if the boy had any talent and begin special tutoring if the child was so inclined. He had done so before with a few other students he deemed gifted in the art. Severus had seen Harry's potential…and he squashed it before it had a chance to flourish.

Severus hung his head with shame. He had extinguished a flame that he had passed to his son.

If Severus would have chosen to fan that particular fire, how close would they be now? Perhaps they would be rejoicing in the revelation of their new found relationship, rather than fearing the prospect of failure and rejection.

Severus caught the shadow of his son across the moonlight as the boy emerged from the opposite end of the castle. Severus watched as his son descended to the lake. He had to admit, with his first twinge of fatherly pride for the teenager, the boy had talent.

Then a sudden realization struck Severus. The world had assumed that Harry had received his extraordinary flying ability from James Potter, Gryffindor's prised Chaser, but it was from Severus the boy had inherited his talent. Severus too, had been a Seeker for his House team—and a damned good one at that. Slytherin had won the Quidditch Cup three times under Severus. That had always been a sore spot with James Potter and another part of their bitter rivalry. Potter was an excellent Chaser and had twice amassed enough points to beat Slytherin, despite Severus' best efforts. It had been through Slytherin's defeat of the other Houses that had won them the cup.

Suddenly, Severus' heart wrenched with fear as he watched his son skim dangerously close over the surface of the Black Lake, but he could not scold the child too harshly. How many times had Severus done that exact same thing himself?

Severus startled when he saw Harry head back in the direction of the castle. It would not do to have the boy think that he was being spied upon. Severus quickly turned and headed down the staircase. He was just out of sight as he heard his son fly by the tower.


Harry had not seen anyone as he flew past the Astronomy tower. Perhaps the light was playing tricks on his eyes. He did have a bit of a headache. Small wonder after all of the emotional trauma of the day.

It was getting late, and Harry knew that like it or not, (and he did not) it was time to return to Snape's quarters. That morning at breakfast Snape informed Harry that his first Occlumency lesson would be that evening. Harry hoped that Snape would forget, but he knew it wasn't bloody likely.

As Harry descended towards the castle, it occurred to him that he had no idea what to call his Potion's Master. He was definitely not going to call Snape 'Father' or perish the thought, 'Dad,' (as if Snape would ever agree to such sentimentality) but 'Professor' seemed inappropriate as well. Harry couldn't just keep calling Snape 'Sir' for the rest of his life...could he?

At that thought, Harry rounded about and landed just inside the castle doors. He dismounted his broom and suddenly panicked as his body unceremoniously collapsed to the ground.

Harry screamed in pain. His bones...his joints...they burned right down to the marrow. Why was he in so much pain? Was this the attack Snape and the Headmaster had talked about? It had come about seemingly out of nowhere.

"Oh my God," Harry panted. He was in so much pain; he tightened himself into a foetal position and began to rock in an effort to calm himself.

What's happening to me? His body screamed if he tried to move his arms or legs. It didn't make sense. It wasn't as if he had spent too much time on his broom. His muscles never cramped this much after playing Quidditch for hours on end. Yes, Harry was already sore and tired before he took off, but still…

"Aaghh!" Another wave of searing, cramping pain hit him.

After a few minutes, Harry had managed to get himself to his knees, but he did not have the strength to put himself upright. He tried to crawl on his hands and knees across the stone floor of the castle, but despite his efforts, he collapsed again. He did not even have the strength to crawl.

Harry didn't know what to do as he pressed his face against the cold floor. He was really scared.

How long would it take for someone to find him? The pain was so intense, Harry felt like he was going to die. Would he before the Headmaster or Snape found him?

Just as Harry was about to be resigned to spending the night on the castle floor in pain, he heard his salvation.

"Harry...Child...!"

Thank Merlin! Harry thought. It was the Headmaster. Harry didn't think he could live through the humiliation if Snape found him writhing on the castle floor.

He heard the Headmaster's pace quicken. Harry then felt a wizened hand gently raise him into a sitting position.

"What's happened Harry? Were you attacked?" The Headmaster asked as he looked for any visible sign of injury on Harry.

"Agh! I don't think so, Sir," Harry said, wincing in pain. He was trying to keep from crying in front of the Headmaster like a toddler. "I don't know what's wrong! I can't move! It hurts! Everything hurts!"

The Headmaster's sparkling blue eyes filled with concern for Harry as he waved his wand across him, looking for any possible reason for Harry to be in such a condition. Then, the Headmaster's countenance changed from concern to relief and maybe even a slight... amusement?

Dumbledore looked at Harry and gave him a wide grin. "Not to worry, Harry. You will be just fine." Then, from nothingness, Dumbledore conjured a floating stretcher for Harry.

"Fine...what is it?" moaned Harry as the Headmaster floated him onto the stretcher. Harry was annoyed now. He was in excruciating pain and Albus Dumbledore found it funny?

The Headmaster said reassuringly, "It's nothing to be concerned over, Harry."

Harry looked up bemusedly at the Headmaster. He was shaking a little bit as he tried to set up, using his arms for support. How could Harry not be concerned? He couldn't bloody walk!

"I only need to get you to your father. He will have you as right as rain in no time," the Headmaster said nonchalantly. Dumbledore then pointed his wand, and Harry could not help but to watch in fascination as what looked like the Headmaster's Patronus in the form of a silver bird, erupted from the end, and flew off in the direction of the dungeons.

Your father.

Harry really wished the Headmaster hadn't said that. He groaned as his head dropped and hit the stretcher. Now not only was he in serious pain (something in which the Headmaster had taken some sick amusement from), Harry was about to be humiliated, after all. He was about to be presented to Snape on a platter.

To be continued...


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2564