Backwards by lirio de amor
Summary: One night the Veil turned in on itself and spit out two children. Once it is confirmed that the two children are Severus Snape and Siruis Black...and that both children, for some reason refuse to go with anyone other than Harry Potter... things get interesting. Will these two small boys, with the memories of adults, be able to fit in with the already growing family of Harry and Ginny Potter, or will it turn everything inside out?
Categories: Reverse Roles > Parental Harry Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Arthur, Draco, Ginny, Hermione, James Sirius, Luna, McGonagall, Molly, Neville, Pomfrey, Remus, Ron, Sirius
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Drama, Family, Hurt/Comfort, Supernatural
Media Type: None
Tags: Adoption, Alternate Universe, Child fic, Deaging
Takes Place: 8 - Post Hogwarts (young adult Harry)
Warnings: Physical Punishment Spanking, Profanity
Prompts: Second Chances
Challenges: Second Chances
Series: None
Chapters: 37 Completed: No Word count: 75012 Read: 201627 Published: 08 Jul 2011 Updated: 29 Jul 2012
Being Found, Secrets, and Mummy by lirio de amor
Author's Notes:
Thanks for the reviews, Guys! They make me want to constantly update! I apolagize that this chapter is a bit short, as it just seemed to end. Next chapter will be longer, as much more will be happening.

“What happened to all of my things? No one should have been able to get in here, ever.” Severus told the older than he remembered Draco Malfoy.

Draco went over to Severus and, surprising Severus immensely, sat down in front of the little boy on the floor.

“Well, that is a funny thing, Severus. No one has been able to even find your quarters since you died. Then, the day after you came back through the Veil, the elves came and told the Headmistress…that’s McGonagall, between me and you, she is much better than Dumbledore is since she doesn’t have another agenda in mind… that they were finally able to get into your quarters. Well, she told them to get all of your stuff and pack it up. Soon after that, we heard the news that you were back. McGonagall wrote Harry and asked him what he wanted her to do with all of your so stuff. So, Harry asked her to save it for when you are older.” Draco told him. Severus nodded slowly, his eyes finally looking into Draco’s.

“Why are you here?” Severus finally asked.

“Do you mean in the castle? I teach here! Funnily enough, I learned quite a bit from you when I wasn’t trying to mess with Harry. I teach Potions. Neville teaches Herbology. Hermione teaches Arithmancy. Has Harry not told you about our families?” Draco questioned.

“Only a bit. He said that he was going to reintroduce Black and me slowly to everyone. Do you see me as a traitor, Malfoy?” Severus quickly changed his tone, and it was obvious that he was speaking as an adult now.

Harry had told Draco that it was at random times that Severus would become his older self. It was quite eerie to Draco.

“No, Severus. You were never a traitor to me. I knew…” Draco cleared his voice, “I knew that you were not on Voldemort’s side the moment you killed Dumbledore. I didn’t understand why you killed him for me, but I knew that there had to be a reason. I trusted you. I was just afraid. I was only seventeen. Now, now things are different. Father died a month after you did, and Mum…well, you wouldn’t recognize her. She is doing fantastic. She is raising my little brother and sister. She hasn’t told anyone that they really are her and Father’s children yet, that she had placed them with her squib cousin so that they might have a chance. She will eventually. They are really good kids. I am glad that they did not have to go through living with the Dark Lord as I did. Mother and Father made the right decisions where they are concerned.” Draco said.

Severus looked shocked. He had known that Narcissa had been pregnant twice after Draco, but, like everyone else, had thought that she had lost the infants in child birth.

“Harry said you are married.” Severus said quietly.

‘Yes, to Pansy. She is quite the good actress. Did you know that she was spying for Dumbledore since she was in second year? It makes me even angrier at him. The things that Pansy has seen…I never would have guessed it. Her parents were killed in the final battle and Mum took her in. It took Mum a long time to get through to her. She and Pansy are really close now. We have two children: Scorpius and Asta.”

“You and Harry get along now. I never thought that I would see that.” Severus said.

Draco stared at him. It was weird to here a five year old talk like he was an adult. Even if it was Severus Snape, it was odd.

“Yes. Mum saved his life in the final battle. He talks to her a lot. He talks to Molly Weasley and Aunt Dromeda too. About anything that he needs. Things have changed, Severus. We are a big family now. We depend on each other. We simply want you and Sirius to realize that. I know, and so does Harry and Ginny, that it is going to take some time, but it will all work out. Severus, our world is different now. You, Sirius, your new brothers, my children…every child…will grow up happier than we were able too. And, for that, we are proud.” Draco said.

“Severus!” Harry suddenly said from the open door to the empty home. Harry rushed over to Severus and picked the little boy up and hugged him, not thinking about how Severus would react.

Surprisingly, to Harry at least, Severus wrapped his arms around Harry’s neck and his legs around his waist.

Severus then whispered in Harry’s ear, “Can we go see Ginny now? Please? I wanna go see her.”

Harry looked at Draco with surprise and nodded. Draco merely smirked at his friend and stood up.

“Harry, Mum wants us all for dinner Friday night. I am going to let Neville and Luna know, will you let Hermione and Ron know since I don’t see either of them until about mid-week? Mum said that she has some news.”

“Okay. I will let Ginny know. I better get back before Ginny has a fit because I am not back with Severus. It has been three hours.”

Draco nodded, and together the three left the empty quarters behind. Unknown to any of them, the quarters behind them dissolved into the rest of the castle, never to be known to another person again. Severus Snape himself would not quite understand why, but he would never even attempt to go to the empty quarters that he had considered, at one time, home. Not only because they were no longer there, but because he was slowly realizing that he already had a home without those quarters.

~HP~

“Severus! How dare you scare me like that!” Ginny shrieked as Harry and Severus came through the portrait hole. Ginny came over to the two and took Severus from Harry, hugging him tightly to his chest.

“The other boys are playing, except for Sirius who is taking a nap. Severus and I are fixing to have a discussion.” Ginny said. Harry could tell that she had been crying. Her eyes were red and puffy.

Harry was surprised when Ginny took Severus into the study.

He followed the sounds of laughter coming from the children’s play room, and checked on the boys. He then followed Ginny into the study and stood by the door.

Severus was sitting on her lap, tears already falling down his face.

“Severus, do not ever leave like that again! You scared Mummy!” Ginny said, holding him close.

Harry looked at Ginny in shock. While they both acknowledged the boys as their sons and were to begin the official adoption forms on Tuesday, they had agreed to let the boys call them as they wished, hoping that in time they would feel comfortable calling them Mummy and Daddy.

But, looking at the scene before him, Harry knew that that was of little importance just by the look on Severus’ face.

“I’m sor’y.” Severus cried into her shoulder.

“Severus, you put yourself in danger, and that is very very naughty. We can’t let you do that. Do you understand?”

“Am I gettin’ a spankin’?” Severus whispered.

“I think that you deserve one. Don’t you? You gave us quite a scare.”

“I don’t want one though.”

“I know. I know you don’t want one. Five swats, Sweetie. Not for what happened at the breakfast table with Sirius. You are only getting these swats because you ran out the door without an adult, okay, Severus?”

“Noooo….” Severus wailed as Ginny tipped him over her lap.

The first swat had Severus cry out.

The second made him kick his legs out.

The next three had him sobbing.

Ginny stood him up, but Severus immediately threw his arms around her neck.

“I’m sorry, Mummy!” Severus whispered into her neck. It was so low that Harry almost thought that he hadn’t really heard it.

“I know, Sevy, I know. It’s all right. You are forgiven.” Ginny said, patting his back with one hand and carding her hand through his hair with the other. Ginny looked at Harry, smiling, tears running down her face.

Harry smiled back at her, nodding.

Maybe they were doing something right after all.

~HP~

They all sat together for dinner that night. Harry at one end, Ginny at the other, Alby in his highchair at Ginny’s right, Severus sitting to her left at the table and Teddy to her right. Harry had Sirius to his left and Jamie to his right.

All of the boys were eating, talking, and, on occasion, laughing.

“Boys, I want you to remember that tomorrow you must behave for Grammy Molly. You will act just as you would at home, and nap when she tells you too.” Harry said.

Each of the boys nodded.

“Sirius, Severus, I know that this is going to be new for you, but tomorrow you will behave.”

“Yes, sir.” Severus said, taking a drink of pumpkin juice.

Harry looked at him, shocked.

“Good boy, Severus.”

Out of the corner of his eye, Harry watched as Sirius looked at Severus strangely, as if he didn’t know what to make of this new Severus.

He also noticed that Sirius sent a small smile towards the younger boy.

Harry looked at Ginny. She too had noticed this new arrangement and smiled at Harry.

They knew that this was only a small advancement, but an advancement nonetheless. They knew, also, that they were going to have to take what they could get when they could get it for the time being.

And they were okay with that.

“So, Gin, Draco said that Aunt Cissy wants us to come over for supper on Friday. She has something that she wants to tell us. He asked if we would let Hermione and Ron know in the morning since he won’t see Hermione until Tuesday.”

“Okay. I will let her know in the morning.” Ginny said, a sappy grin still covering her face.

She knew, deep down, that everything was going to be okay, even if it did take a while.

To be continued...
End Notes:
Up Next: he he he...I don't think I should tell you!

Also, I know that there was a LOT of info in this chapter...everything will come out eventually. A lot had changed since the war, as Draco has so kindly pointed out.

Oh, alright, for those of you who want to know, Up Next: Grammy Molly's!


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2586