Backwards by lirio de amor
Summary: One night the Veil turned in on itself and spit out two children. Once it is confirmed that the two children are Severus Snape and Siruis Black...and that both children, for some reason refuse to go with anyone other than Harry Potter... things get interesting. Will these two small boys, with the memories of adults, be able to fit in with the already growing family of Harry and Ginny Potter, or will it turn everything inside out?
Categories: Reverse Roles > Parental Harry Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Arthur, Draco, Ginny, Hermione, James Sirius, Luna, McGonagall, Molly, Neville, Pomfrey, Remus, Ron, Sirius
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Drama, Family, Hurt/Comfort, Supernatural
Media Type: None
Tags: Adoption, Alternate Universe, Child fic, Deaging
Takes Place: 8 - Post Hogwarts (young adult Harry)
Warnings: Physical Punishment Spanking, Profanity
Prompts: Second Chances
Challenges: Second Chances
Series: None
Chapters: 37 Completed: No Word count: 75012 Read: 201600 Published: 08 Jul 2011 Updated: 29 Jul 2012
The Changing of the Names by lirio de amor
Author's Notes:
Hey Guys: As usual, if you have not read the previous chapters, please do so first. I am not sure if this will update or not...right now it says the last time I did so was August 1; however, I have updated every day since then, so if you need to catch up, i thought I would warn you=)

Harry and Ginny, the first holding Sirius by the hand and the later holding a Severus, Floo’d through to the Minister of Magic, Arthur Weasly’s office. There were definitely perks of having one’s father in office; especially, since neither Ginny nor Harry wanted to put Sirius and Severus through the turmoil of the public eye.

As Harry talked to Arthur, who had been expecting them, Ginny was trying to coax Severus into taking a stomach soother, as the little boy, once again, was sick after Flooing.

Harry looked over at his wife and grimaced. There was something up with Severus. The poor child could not Floo without being sick. The other children did not do that, although occasionally Alby did vomit, it was normally if he Floo’d right after eating that caused Alby to be sick. For Severus, it was every time.

“Is he okay?” Harry asked Ginny from across the room.

“Yes. Harry, if this continues, we are going to have to take him to Poppy. We Floo at least twice a day; we can’t have him vomit each time.”

“If it continues, of course.” Harry said nodding.

“Well, kids,” Arthur said, “Elisabeth Eckwich is waiting on you all. All you two need to do is sign papers and discuss any name changes.”

Severus looked up. Name changes?

He didn’t have time to think about it, however, because Ginny was standing up, with him on her hip, and was walking out the door following Harry and Sirius.

~sdrawkcab~

The Office of Wizarding Children Services was not what Severus expected. The walls were yellow, the carpet light blue, and the furniture red. In other words, it was a nightmare. A color twisted nightmare that made Severus want to vomit again.

But, he managed to keep both that and his thoughts to himself because he really didn’t feel like getting into trouble for saying something that was ‘inappropriate.’

Immediately the quartet was ushered into the office of Mrs. Eckwich, a happy woman who, in both Severus and Sirius’ opinion, was much too happy.

The woman was a plump witch wearing a pink so bright that it felt blinding.

“Come in, Come in! I have been waiting on you! Minister Weasley asked that this be settled as quickly as possible so all we need to do is to have you sign here, here, here, and here!” The woman said talking quickly and pointing at random places at the same time.

“And as you both know, this is a binding contract, once you both place your names and both boys fingerprints, your magic will bind you all together and it will be as if they were born to you.” The woman said cheerfully. It wasn’t every day that one got to meet not only survivors of the final battle, but the Boy-Who-Lived and his wife as well!

“Um, yes.” Harry said awkwardly, already leaning over to sign his name to the paper, Ginny doing the same.

“And Name changes? Have you discussed any name changes?” the woman asked.

“Actually, Ginny and I have and if you don’t mind, we would like to talk to the boys first, before we make it permanent.”

“Yes, yes! A splendid idea! I will just step out for five minutes and I will be back in a jiffy!” The hyperactive woman said, stepping out of the office.

Everyone sighed a sigh of relief, which caused both Ginny and Harry to laugh out loud.

But, then they grew serious.

“Boys, Harry and I have thought deeply about what we would like your names to be, and if you had been born to us, you would have no choice. However, we want to make sure that they are names that you are okay with. Names that you can live with for the rest of your lives, and names that will allow you to embrace who you were with who you are now and who you are going to be in the future.”

Harry nodded at the boys. Both boys were staring up at him and Ginny with round, trusting eyes, one set shadowy pools of iridescent black, and the other set gleaming orbs of insipid azure blue.

“Sirius, your name is currently Sirius Orion Black. We would like to name you Sirius Arthur Black-Potter. It is a great honor to be named after one’s grandfather. So, you will have your first name, a new name to represent your family, and both of your last names to represent who you were and are. We believe it wise to rid you of your middle name because it is tied to someone who did not love you. Is that okay with you?” Harry asked the seven year old.

Tears formed in his eyes as he smiled and shook his head yes. Sirius liked that. The new name: Sirius Arthur Back-Potter. It was a very nice name. One he could be proud of. Sirius ran over and threw his arms around Harry and then Ginny.

They truly were going to be his parents! Parents that wouldn’t care what house he was in at school, or if he did something bad that caused the family to look bad. Not that he would mind you. He liked his bum white, yes he did.

Severus looked at this exchange and would have backed away had Ginny not held him so close to her.

“Severus, we also wanted to change your name.” Ginny began, then signaled for Harry to continue the discussion.

“Severus, we would like your name to be Severus Harrison Snape-Potter. A deletion of your harsh past, and a representation of the man you were, the man you will become, and a part of our family. One of our sons.”

Severus looked at the two adults cautiously. So many questions were going through his mind. Why would Potter name him after himself? Would Sirius mind even though he was named after Mummy’s dad?

Severus looked over at Sirius. Sirius looked at him and smiled encouragingly, nodding his head.

Severus looked stunned. Sirius didn’t mind at all.

“Yes.” Severus said quietly, tears streaming down his face.

Just as he looked into the deep emerald eyes of Harry….(and Lily, and Alby)… Mrs. Eckwich came bustling into her office.

“So, have we decided? What are these two gorgeous boys going to be named?”

Severus blushed and hid his face, Sirius smirked at the woman.

“Sirius Arthur Black-Potter and Severus Harrison Snape-Potter. The sons of Harrison James Potter and Ginerva Molly Weasley-Potter.” Harry said with a huge grin.

They were all surprised, (minus Mrs. Eckwich of course) when the names wrote themselves on the parchment.

“Okay, okay! Fingerprints please!” the woman said, grabbing both Sirius and Severus’ right index fingers and placing them on the parchment.

Almost instantly the papers and the boys glowed a bright golden color that reminded Harry of when he had been picked by his wand at age eleven. This feeling, however, was so much better than that.

“Well, Mr. and Mrs. Potter, congratulations! You are now the proud parents of two more boys!” The woman said excitedly.

Harry and Ginny looked at one another with smiles, and, if possible, their smiles grew when their sons ran to them and jumped into their arms, hugging them.

~sdrawkcab~

Alby, Jamie, Severus, Teddy, and Sirius, ages 2, 4, 5, 6, and 7, sat in a line on the couch with their parents sitting across from then on the love seat. On Severus’ shoulder sat Gnomie, happily awaiting whatever news the parents were going to spring on his lot of kids. (Already the little Pixie Elf had made the decision that, while he was mainly Severus’, he liked a prank as well as the next person, and if he got his way would be helping the five boys prank away before all was said and done…)

“Kids, Mummy and I wanted to tell you something. Today Mummy, Severus, Sirius, and I went to the Ministry and signed some papers. After those papers were signed, Sirius and Severus became your real brothers. They even have the same last name as each of you do.” Harry told them. Alby looked over Jamie and at Severus and then at Sirius and smiled. Teddy high-fived both of his new brothers, but Jamie looked confused.

“Daddy, don’t be silly.”Jamie said seriously.

Now it was Harry’s turn to be confused.

“What do you mean, Jamie?”

“Daddy! You can’t sign sumthin’ to make them brothers! They’s already brothers when ya got them from Uncle Ha’rid’s pumpkin patch like ya did Alby! Duh, Daddy!” Jamie said rolling his eyes.

Harry looked shocked.

Ginny had her mouth covered with her hand. She was trying so hard not to laugh at the little boy’s innocence and pure way of thinking that she was nearly in tears.

“You know what, Jamie, you are very right. Why don’t all of you go play in the playroom until it is time to eat, then Mummy and I will come get you.” Harry said.

As soon as the boys were out of the room, Ginny lost it. She burst out laughing and tears poured down her face.

“You know, Harry, Dear, he has a very logical point.” She said.

Harry laughed.

“Yes, yes he does. At least they all took it in stride. They already love one another.”

“Yes, they do, love, yes they do. I know that it is going to be a hard road, especially since Severus and Sirius are still so mixed up with their emotions, but I have never been so happy.” Ginny sighed, wrapping her arms around Harry.

Harry wrapped one arm around her back, rested his head on the top of hers, and rubbed her protruding stomach with his free hand.

“You have never been so right.” Harry said with a smile so huge, one would not have been able to beat it off of his face.

To be continued...
End Notes:
Okay, I know this was slightly short, but there was no way that I could put in the dinner at Narcissa's house, as too much is going to happen. However, that IS the next chapter, and will be up in a couple of days as it is taking longer to write. Please let me know what you think of this chapter! Thanks!=)


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2586