Backwards by lirio de amor
Summary: One night the Veil turned in on itself and spit out two children. Once it is confirmed that the two children are Severus Snape and Siruis Black...and that both children, for some reason refuse to go with anyone other than Harry Potter... things get interesting. Will these two small boys, with the memories of adults, be able to fit in with the already growing family of Harry and Ginny Potter, or will it turn everything inside out?
Categories: Reverse Roles > Parental Harry Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Arthur, Draco, Ginny, Hermione, James Sirius, Luna, McGonagall, Molly, Neville, Pomfrey, Remus, Ron, Sirius
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Drama, Family, Hurt/Comfort, Supernatural
Media Type: None
Tags: Adoption, Alternate Universe, Child fic, Deaging
Takes Place: 8 - Post Hogwarts (young adult Harry)
Warnings: Physical Punishment Spanking, Profanity
Prompts: Second Chances
Challenges: Second Chances
Series: None
Chapters: 37 Completed: No Word count: 75012 Read: 201620 Published: 08 Jul 2011 Updated: 29 Jul 2012
The Safest Place by lirio de amor
Author's Notes:
Hey guys!

Thanks for all of the reviews. Sorry it takes me so long to update, but school is nearly over for the semester, which means that things are way more hectic.

Anywho, happy reading!

Ginny Potter ran through the hallways as fast as she could, albeit, not very fast as she was now officially eight months pregnant.

But, she was pissed. She was infuriated. She was full of so much rage that she almost did not know how to channel it.

Except, she knew how she wanted to handle it, and that was by hexing Albus Dumbledore to the point that he did not remember his own name, let alone the names of her children.

But first she had to check on her baby. Sev, who would be six in a couple months, had broken his arm because of that incompetent fool. He should count his lucky stars that he was nowhere near her when Harry had Floo’d her to tell her what had happened and that Severus was crying for her.

Albus Dumbledore would get what was coming to him though, of that she was positive.

~sdrawkcab~

“It will be okay, Sev. Madam Pomfrey will have you all healed in a bit.” Sirius told his younger brother, holding his uninjured hand as the medi witch positioned his injured one. Harry watched his sons, all of them were around Sev, comforting him in a way that only brothers apparently could. Sev was still crying from the pain and his need for his mother. But, the boys were of some comfort, which was obvious, as Severus had yet to tell them to leave him alone. Severus also kept looking towards Harry through tear filled eyes to make sure that the man did not stray too far.

Sirius was standing beside Sev’s head, Teddy was sitting beside him, and Alby and Jamie were sitting on the bed beside him. Harry simply watched Madam Pomfrey as she waved her wand in complicated patterns and then handed Severus a potion, which he promptly spit out in a spew of horror.

He had definitely not meant to spit the potion out and look horrified as the potion landed on his Daddy and the medi witch.

“I…I…I’m…I’m…SORRY!” He wailed as tears fell down his cheeks at an even faster pace than they had previously.

Thankfully, at that moment, Ginny walked in quickly, immediately sitting beside her screaming child and looking at Harry and Madam Pomfrey, who held a new potion in her hand for the little boy.

“Here, Sevy, will you take this potion for Mummy?” Ginny asked, gently moving the child to her side and placing the vial at his lips. He gagged, and Ginny immediately massaged his throat so that the potion would go down easier and quickly followed it with a glass of pumpkin juice that Madam Pomfrey had handed her.

“Good job, Sev.” Ginny said, kissing his head.

“Here, Mr. Potter, let’s put this sling on your arm. It needs to stay there at least until tomorrow morning at which time your Mummy can assess your arm and take it off. It will be sore tonight, but I know that you will be taken care of.” The elder lady said, placing the sling on his arm swiftly and gently.

Ginny lifted him onto her lap and then looked up at Harry.

“I want to see him.”

Harry looked down at her. She could tell that he was stressed out about the situation.

“I’d rather my wife not be sent to Azkaban and leave me with six children. So, why don’t we go home and talk a bit, Gin.” Harry said quietly, watching the four boys behind her talking to one another quietly and Severus sitting, his eyes dropping from the pain killer he had watched Pomfrey slip into the pumpkin juice earlier.

“Harrison…”

“Gin, look at your son. He is tired, he wants you, and the boys are hungry. I know that you want to…um…get your point across…but is it really worth it right now?” Harry asked. He honestly did fear that if his wife was to see Dumbledore anytime soon that she would in fact murder the man before he had a chance to even bat an eyelash.

“Let’s take them to our quarters.” Ginny said, looking down at the drying tears on Severus’ face, and then taking a tissue from her pocket to lightly wipe them away.

This little boy, her child, Harry’s child, had already cried too many tears and it irritated her to no end that once again that man had been the cause of them.

“I need you to take him, Harry, I can’t get up holding him anymore.” Ginny said. Harry smiled and picked up Severus, who was now sleeping.

“Walking to our quarters or Floo, Gin? Which will be easier for him?” Harry asked. Ginny looked at the small boy in his Daddy’s arms, his injured arm in a sling held protectively, yet tenderly against Harry’s chest. Ginny felt tears in the corners of her eyes, and leaned into her husband.

“Harry, I thought we were making a break through. I thought that our family was finally going to be completely happy. Why would fate send him back to cause further harm to our family? Haven’t we been through enough?” Ginny whispered.

Harry took one of his arms and wrapped it around her, pulling her close to him.

“Ginny, I have a good feeling about all of this. I can’t explain it, but something good will come of this.”

Ginny sniffed and nodded.

“Let’s walk. If we Floo he may vomit, despite the painkillers. I just want to put him in his bed. He will be more comfortable there.”

Harry nodded, and after summoning the other four boys, the family of seven, soon to be eight, walked towards their quarters.

~sdrawkcab~

“What the bloody hell were you thinking, Albus Dumbledore? What. The. Bloody. Hell! It would serve you right if they come up here and hex you within an inch of your sorry half life!” Minerva yelled at the now cowering man in front of her. He could tell that she was angry. Perhaps angrier than she had ever been since he could not once remember actually feeling her magic surround him as it was at the moment.

“Now, Minnie, I have to talk to them…”

And then Albus Dumbledore saw something he most definitely had never seen….

Minerva McGonagall’s face softened, then hardened in thought. Her magic thickened, almost like accidental magic, but harder, unwilling.

“Albus Dumbledore, you shan’t talk to them until they are ready. You no longer know who they are. You shan’t mess with those children. It has taken them a long time to have the family that they wish to have, and you will give them the space and time that they wish. You will stay in my extra room. My house else, Biky, will give you three meals a day and do your laundry, you you are not to ask for anything else.”

“Minnie…I have to talk to them. I was sent back to fix…”

“Remember, Dumbledore, what you broke has already been fixed. There is nothing that you can say or do to fix what you have done. Others have already corrected the wrongs. Remember that. You may have been sent back for something, you may even think that it is to fix what you broke, but I am here to tell you, old man, that that is not the reason. You are here to apologize, nothing else, and until you do, nothing will ever change.”

And with that, Minerva McGonagall left the room.

And Dumbledore, for the first time in a very long time, actually contemplated how his actions might have done more ill than good.

~sdrawkcab~

Later that night, Harry and Ginny were lying in bed, Severus lying in between them. They had put the other boys to bed hours before, and had only woken Severus long enough to get a light supper into him and another painkiller, as his arm was still stiff and hurting.

Almost immediately the two adults fell into a deep, exhaustive sleep…

They were surrounded by fog…but wait, the fog was clearing. 

Now they were in a meadow. There were trees, flowers, and butterflies.

"Harry?” Ginny said, staring at her husband, confused. 

“I don’t know where we are at, Gin.” Harry said, moving close to his wife and wrapping an arm around her.

“Hello, children.” 

Harry and Ginny both jumped from the voice that came before them. 

“Mum?” Harry said, staring at the red haired women who had not seen in five and a half years.

  "Yes, Harry. I cannot stay long, but I have to speak to the both of you. I sent Albus Dumbledore back…well, let me rephrase, Fate sent him back, and I am the one who was chosen to make sure that he made it here. I know that you, none of you, want him back here. He did many things that he should not have. He is here to ask forgiveness, he simply does not know why yet. However, he will understand eventually.” 

“We cannot let him near our children, Mum.” Harry said. 

“And I will not ask that of you. I will not even ask you to forgive him. I simply ask you to acknowledge him when he tries.”

“We can do that…” 

“Why? Why, Lily? He hurt my sons…” Ginny asked, tears beginning to fall out of the corner of her eyes. 

Lily walked over to the young woman and wrapped her arms around her.

“Ginerva, I would never ask something of you of which I know that you cannot handle. I know that you will be able to handle everything that I ask of you. Your sons…and your unborn child…all mean more to you than anything. As my grandchildren, they also mean the world and more to me, and nothing will ever harm them if I have a say so. This, however, will do nothing but make them stronger in the future. But first, Love, you have to become stronger.” 

“I don’t understand…” 

“And you won’t. Not until the minute of realization.”

“Mum, are you sure that Dumbledore will not cause any further harm?” Harry asked, standing slightly to the side as his Mum and wife hugged one another.  

“His only weapon now, Son, is words. He has little magic, no wand, and can no longer do any wandless magic. And, I know that all who face him will be able to match him word for word. Even Sirius and Sev.”

“You are not suggesting that we let the boys anywhere near him, are you?” Harry asked.

 “No. But I know Sev, and I know Sirius. You will not let them see Dumbledore, but they will nevertheless. Together, I believe, for they are beginning to bond at last.” 

“Are you sure that everything will be okay?” Ginny whispered. 

“Yes, Love. Of that I can promise. Now, in a few minutes, Sev is going to wake up. He is still a bit sore, and he is in need of some mummy and daddy time. But, I need you both to remember, you do not have to forgive, but simply listen. And remember, above all else, that I love you all.”

Lily let go of Ginny, hugged and kissed Harry, and then slowly vanished…. 

Ginny sat straight up in bed, as did Harry. Both looked at one another.

“Did you…”

“…I did…” Harry replied.

“Mummy…Daddy…” Severus said, still half asleep, his eyes closed, his uninjured arm stretching out and patting the bed in search of his mummy.

“We are right here, Sev. Right here.” Ginny said, picking up Severus and putting him in her lap, against her chest, and then snuggling up against Harry.

“Mummy…” a small voice came from the door.

“Come on, guys.”Harry said as he watched as the other four boys came into the room and climbed onto the bed.

“The lady with your eyes, Daddy, told me it would be a good night for us to sleep in here.” Teddy said quietly, snuggling up to Harry.

Sirius lay close to Ginny and Severus, Jamie between Ginny’s legs, and Alby practically on top of Sirius.

But, for the first time, they all felt like one, big, happy family, despite all of the extra things that were going on around them.

Because in that room, in that bed, they were all safe and happy.

And at the moment, that was the only thing in the world that actually mattered to any of them.  

To be continued...
End Notes:
I hope you liked it. I know that it was a bit on the dull side. But, things are going to slowly pick up. Dumbledore will probably not be in the next chapter, but he will re-emerge quickly=)


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2586