Backwards by lirio de amor
Summary: One night the Veil turned in on itself and spit out two children. Once it is confirmed that the two children are Severus Snape and Siruis Black...and that both children, for some reason refuse to go with anyone other than Harry Potter... things get interesting. Will these two small boys, with the memories of adults, be able to fit in with the already growing family of Harry and Ginny Potter, or will it turn everything inside out?
Categories: Reverse Roles > Parental Harry Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Arthur, Draco, Ginny, Hermione, James Sirius, Luna, McGonagall, Molly, Neville, Pomfrey, Remus, Ron, Sirius
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Drama, Family, Hurt/Comfort, Supernatural
Media Type: None
Tags: Adoption, Alternate Universe, Child fic, Deaging
Takes Place: 8 - Post Hogwarts (young adult Harry)
Warnings: Physical Punishment Spanking, Profanity
Prompts: Second Chances
Challenges: Second Chances
Series: None
Chapters: 37 Completed: No Word count: 75012 Read: 201627 Published: 08 Jul 2011 Updated: 29 Jul 2012
Dreamless Sleep by lirio de amor
Author's Notes:
Hey guys! Thanks for all the reviews! I hope that you enjoy this chapter... I had to split it into two parts because I wanted to give you a new chapter...and I was at a good stopping point! ENJOY!

Harry and Ginny lay in their bed after getting all of the boys into theirs. Currently, they lived in Godric’s Hollow in the house that Harry’s parents had lived in. It had seven bedrooms, a study, kitchen, living area, two bathrooms, and a room where the children kept most of their toys and played with them. They had a basement with a potions lab where Ginny often made potions and Harry tried too. The man was no better at potions then he had been in school. It had been a new experience trying to get five boys into bed. The easiest had been Severus, who between himself and Sirius, was still acting on many of his adult memories. The hardest, as always, had been Jamie, who had more energy than any child would ever need and hated sleeping. Teddy, Sirius, and Alby had all gone to bed quite easily. They had all had a long day, and it didn’t surprise either Ginny or Harry that they had all fallen asleep within ten minutes of being laid in bed.

“Gin, do you think that we can do this? Five kids. One on the way. It seems like just yesterday that…” Harry stopped.

Ginny looked at him. Harry still had nightmares about Voldemort. Who didn’t? But, they were different with Harry. Ginny, the only person besides Harry ever to be possessed by Voldemort, knew that some of her husband’s difficulties were not because of Voldemort himself, but because of all the people that he had had to kill in order to rid the world of the evil wizard.

Above each and every death, however, it had been Severus Snape’s death that Harry had cried about. That death had hit him hard, and that was why they had named their second son after the man.

To Ginny, it felt like everyone was getting a second chance. Not only Sirius and Severus, but herself and Harry as well.

“No, love, don’t think like that. I don’t think. I know that we can do it. Those boys need us. Our sons need us. So, like you said, we will be my parents. And, we will love every minute of it.” Ginny said, snuggling close to Harry so that he could wrap his arms around her.

Harry laughed and pulled his wife closer to him.

“Yes. Yes, we will love every minute of it.”  Harry said, closing his eyes with a smile on his face.

~~sdrawkcab~~

One Week Later

Severus had not slept well in the week that he had been back. Nightmares plagued his very being every single night. Not the snake that killed him, for he could care less about that; not Voldemort because, honestly, he had never really feared the man. Perhaps when he had first become a death eater, before joining the Light, he had been afraid. However, when he became one with the fact that he would die, and he became okay with that fact, he no longer feared anyone.

No, Severus’ nightmares had not been about those trivial things. He had nightmares about something completely different: Killing Dumbledore, the look in Harry’s eyes when he took his memories after Nagini had bitten him, his father’s hand swinging towards him…

Severus knew that he had to do something. Right now, he was able to hide it from his guardians. But, he wouldn’t be able to for long. He had been wandlessly casting a silencing charm, but his wandless magic was slowly diminishing, which scared Severus.

He only knew one thing that he could do in order to rest his magic and to be able to sleep.

Brew dreamless sleep.

Ginny and Harry had shown both he and Sirius the house, every room, everything. There were not very many rules when concerning the house: No going outside without asking, no getting food without help or permission, knock before walking into any closed door, never go into the basement where the potions lab was.

It had taken Severus a lot to obey that last rule. His very life had been surrounded by potions so much that he truly did miss them.

That was how, on the Saturday that they were all supposed to head back to Hogwarts, (Harry had taken the week off to get used to the new additions, as had Ginny) Severus stole downstairs while Ginny was packing all the boys clothes, and Harry had taken Sirius, Teddy, and Jamie outside to fly before they all headed out.

Alby, by far Severus’ favorite Potter, was sleeping, so Severus took that time to sneak down into the potions lab.

The potions lab was definitely top notch. All of the latest potions equipment was there, and it sent a thrill of excitement down his little spine. He breathed in deeply and relaxed more than he had all week.

It did not take Severus long to find everything he needed, and then, climbing up on a stool, he began his work as if nothing had changed, and nothing was different.

~~sdrawkcab~~

In the backyard, Jamie was riding around his father on the training broom that the boys shared. Teddy and Sirius were sitting in the grass playing with some muggle toy cars, and Alby was sitting off by himself waiting on his turn to fly with his daddy on the Firebolt. He was still too small to ride on the training broom, and, honestly, he didn’t really like it as much as his big brothers did.

Harry, knowing that they had to go back to Hogwarts that night in order to get the boys all settled before he had to teach on Monday and Ginny had to go back to work, wanted to allow the boys a bit of fun before they had to go back to their routines and schedules. The last week had gotten the boys off of their routines, and Severus and Sirius both needed to start on a more steady one.

“Daddy, I hungwy.” Alby said from where he was sitting. Harry looked over to the smallest child and smiled. While Jamie favored him greatly, it was nothing like Alby. Alby had his eyes…his mother’s eyes really…and he had his texture hair, though it was had a red tint to it. He shared his temper, however, with his lovely mother.

“Do you want to fly and then go eat lunch? It is your turn next.”

“Na. I hungwy. Tell Mummy, Daddy.” Alby told him as he walked over towards the boy.

Harry laughed.

“Can Daddy not fix you lunch?” Harry asked the small boy, picking him up and putting him on his hip.

“Na. Mummy.”

“Okay, tyke. Let’s round up the brothers.” Harry said, turning around.

“Boys, are you hungry?” Harry asked the trio behind him.

“Yea!” the three of the yelled.

“Hey, Harry, can we fly more after lunch?” Sirius asked him.

“We talked about that, Sirius. Once we eat lunch, everyone must lay down for a nap, and then we are all going to Hogwarts. Ginny and I have to get both you and Severus settled into your rooms there just like we did here.” Harry told him.

“But, Harry, it won’t take long! Just once around the yard, please!” Sirius whined.

Sirius sighed internally, as his new body was definitely betraying him at that moment when it let out a yawn.

“I think a nap with be better suited to your needs, Sirius. We will have plenty of other times to fly. Today is simply not one of them.”

“But…”

“Sirius.”

Sirius sighed, and looked out of the corner of his eye at Teddy. Teddy shook his head. It wasn’t smart to push Daddy like he was doing.

“The matter is done, Sirius. If you do not wish to get an X on your sticker chart and go to bed thirty minutes early tonight, you will take the answer you have been given, okay?” Sirius asked him calmly and steadily.

Sirius nodded. He had gotten two checks earlier in the week when he had pushed Severus down. He had gotten one smack and had had to go to bed an hour early. He didn’t want to have to do that again.

“Verbal answer, son.” Harry said, not even noticing that he had called Sirius ‘son’.

Sirius noticed though, and looked at Harry with amazed wonder.

“Yes, sir.” Sirius said, and then followed the man into the house.

Did Harry really feel that way about him?

~~sdrawkcab~~

Harry set Alby in his highchair after helping him wash his hands, and then helped the other three boys was their hands.

Ginny was already in the kitchen making lunch, chicken strips, broccoli with cheese, and mashed potatoes. All of the boys liked this meal, so it was one where no one fussed about being made to eat.

Over the last week, Sirius and Severus had begun to eat as much as the other boys and rarely fussed about the food in front of them. For this, both adults were thankful.

“Harry, will you go get Sev? He was reading in the living room when I checked on him fifteen minutes ago.” Ginny told him. Harry nodded and then walked towards the living room.

As soon as he did, he realized instantly that Severus was not in there. Harry went towards the bedrooms and went immediately into Severus’ room.

No Severus.

Harry was trying not to panic, but did quickly go back into the kitchen.

“Gin, I can’t find him.” Harry said, a bit rushed. The last time Harry had lost one of their children had been when he had taken Teddy, Jamie, and Alby to the park. Jamie had gone to the bathroom without telling Harry, but it had been the scariest moment of Harry’s life. Voldemort be damned. That was nothing compared to losing your child.

“Harry, he has to be in the house. The wards won’t let him leave without an adult. He can’t even walk out the front door without one of us.” Ginny said, smirking at her husband.

“Well, then what do we do?” Harry asked quickly.

“Point Me spell, Harry. You really should read that book Mum got us when we got Teddy.” Ginny said.

Harry only glared lightly at her as he cast the spell.

It pointed behind Ginny. At that, both of their eyes grew round. There was only one room behind the kitchen.

Ginny’s potions lab.

“Oh no.” Harry said, and immediately headed for the basement.

~~sdrawkcab~~

Severus almost had his Dreamless Sleep potion to the right color and consistency for the final stage.

All he needed was to add three crushed shrivelfigs, and then stir counter clockwise eighteen times.

Severus was beginning to tire. This was the first real potion that he had brewed since he had been back, and, again, this annoying body was nearly worthless when it came to stamina. He felt like he could sleep for days.

Severus climbed back onto the stool and started to add the shrivelfig. But, then something happened that made his very soul sink into a black hole.

“Severus Snape! What do you think you are doing, young man?” Came Harry’s voice as he was being jerked from his stool by two hands grasping him under his arms.

“Ginny!” Harry yelled. He thought it best if she came down, as he really was pants at potions and would not know how to probably dispose of the one in front of him. Plus, he had Severus in his arms and was not planning on putting the boy down until they were back in the kitchen. They would eat, and then he and Severus would be having a very long discussion.

Ginny had rushed down the stairs and, noticing the potion, knew exactly why she had been called down. She went over to the potion and looked at it, the ingredients around it, and took notice of the smell.

“Severus, why were you brewing Dreamless Sleep?” Ginny demanded, turning to stare at the small boy.

Severus glared at her.

“Severus.” Ginny prompted.

“I have to tell you nothing, Miss Weasley.” Severus snapped at her. He was definitely reverting back into bad habits with that comment.

Apparently, Harry also thought so, as he tapped him lightly on the bum once.

“Answer her. Then we are going to eat lunch and then you and I are going to have a nice long discussion in the study.” Harry said.

Severus simply crossed his arms as best he could, as Harry was still holding him up off the floor by his under arms.

“Severus, have you been having trouble sleeping? Or, did you simply want to brew something?” Ginny asked him.

“I do not wish to speak about it.”

Both Ginny and Harry sighed.

“Okay, if you want to keep quiet now, fine. But make no mistakes, child, you and I will discuss this after lunch.” Harry said softly.

Severus shrugged.

Harry shifted Severs around and placed the boy on his hip. Harry then followed Ginny up the stairs.

Neither of them missed the single tear that Severus quickly swiped away.

To be continued...
End Notes:
Hope that you all enjoyed this chapter! =)

Up next... What will become of the Dreamless Sleep?=)


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2586