The Past Can Help Your Future by HPSSFan
Summary: Snape has been kidnapped. Will Harry try to find him? Rated T to be safe
Categories: Snape Equal Status to Harry > Comrades Snape and Harry, Snape Equal Status to Harry > Foes Snape and Harry, Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Albus Severus, Bellatrix, Dumbledore, Hermione, James, Lily, Lucius, Original Character, Other, Remus, Ron, Voldemort
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Drama, Family, Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: Kidnapped
Takes Place: 9 - Post Epilogue (middle aged Harry), 8 - Pre Epilogue (adult Harry)
Warnings: Physical Punishment Spanking, Torture, Violence
Prompts: The Past Can Help Your Future
Challenges: The Past Can Help Your Future
Series: None
Chapters: 10 Completed: Yes Word count: 14136 Read: 36252 Published: 09 Jul 2011 Updated: 28 Aug 2011
Story Notes:
Unless I am dreaming, I do not own the Harry Potter world. I hope you enjoy this and please review. It really does help with writing. Thank you so much to my beta reader for the help. It wouldn't be the same without her.
Taken by HPSSFan
Author's Notes:
Hope you like it. Please Review

Snape was glad that he decided to leave Hogwarts for the weekend. Now that he was headmaster, he wanted nothing more than to be away from that insufferable castle. Snape hated those snot nosed children who attend the school. Amycus and Alecto could handle things for a weekend. Snape had no idea why the Dark Lord insisted that he be the headmaster after he killed Dumbledore. To the victor the spoils, perhaps? However, he never wanted to lead the school. He didn’t want to deal with the other things that came with it. Meetings with the minister, and the daily prophet was always following him. They always wanted their inane questions answered. The worst thing that Snape had to deal with were the imbeciles that called themselves Gryffindors. They were the worst and that is why he had to get away.

The house was cold and dark when he arrived, but after a few minutes of fussing, the house was just as he wanted. Snape had to set up the defenses around his house, before settling in. Now that he was done with that, he grabbed the most recent book of interest and a sneak o scope. He placed the sneak o scope on the table in front of him and began to read. The house was nowhere near any form of civilization, so Snape didn’t expect any intruders. It was; however, a routine that he had fallen into. Snape had been at the house for over an hour and everything was as quiet as it ever had been. He looked up from his book for one second when the defenses around his house suddenly failed.

The sneak o scope spun wildly on the table before a loud scream echoed through the house. Both were signs of the failed defenses. Snape threw the book down and came around to the back of the couch. He was facing the front door because he knew that would be the way that the intruders would come in. He held up his wand, not even concentrating on the front door. Simultaneously, both doors exploded off the hinges and Snape dropped to the floor to avoid the spells that were being cast. Even with all of the dust and lights from the spells, he was still sure that they had come through the front door. Once the spells stopped ricocheting throughout the house, Snape stood up.

He held his wand at the ready when he saw hooded figures sweep through the front door. That was the last thing he saw before a spell hit him in the back. He fell forward and hit his head violently on the table as he fell down.


When Snape woke up, he had no idea where he was. It took a full minute for his eyes to adjust to the darkness. A lantern, which provided barely any light, sat on a barrel in the far corner. This room looked vaguely familiar to Snape. The walls were made of stone, which were starting to tint green and black. It was cold in the room, which meant that he was underground. There was a set of stairs, which led upstairs and out of the room. Snape deduced that he was in the cellar of Malfoy Manor, the new headquarters of the Dark Lord. Snape silently cursed himself for not thinking that they would come through the back door. It was such a Gryffindor-ish move, and Snape couldn’t believe he had made it. By moving around slightly, Snape discovered a lot about the situtation. He was missing his wand, which had been expected. His arms were chained behind his back and he had a wicked headache any time he moved too fast. The chains around his wrists clanged together every time he moved. Snape stopped moving just in time to hear the soft click of footsteps coming towards him. He closed his eyes and feigned unconsciousness. The person sniffed like they had been crying.

“Severus.” A woman whispered softly and she knelt next to Snape. “Severus, I know you’re awake. I heard the chains rattle, so wake up you insolent leech.” She whispered the insult harshly.

“You are the least to talk, Lestrange.” Snape retorted as he rolled onto his back and opened his eyes. “What happened?”

“I don’t know. They dragged you down the stairs and left you here. You didn’t move for a long time. I was beginning to think they had killed you.” Bellatrix shuddered

“Do you know where we are?”

“We are in Malfoy Manor.”

So Snape was right, but something was wrong about this. They had taken the wandmaker Ollivander a while ago, and this is where they had been storing him. The Dark Lord must have moved him, without Snape’s knowledge. Snape was thinking about where they could have moved him, when Bellatrix sniffed again.

“Will you stop crying you….” but Snape couldn’t continue. Lestrange had broken into a full out sobbing fest. Snape let out a sigh of exasperation. “What’s wrong?”

“I can’t believe that my Lord would think that I have spied against him. I have been loyal to him. I was still loyal when he disappeared. I just can’t believe it.” Bellatrix said between sobs.

Snape tried desperately not to roll his eyes. The wretched woman could claim all she wanted that she was the most loyal to the dark lord and that she was his favorite. The latter might be true, but Snape had stayed at Hogwarts as the Dark Lord’s spy. He had stayed there for over fifteen years. He was still there after the Dark Lord was vanquished by James Potter’s, all-mighty-like-his-father, spawn. Now Voldemort had turned to his inner circle to find the spy.

This meant trouble for Snape: the inner circle had a limited number of members. Bellatrix, her husband, Rodolphus, and Snape were the Dark Lord’s best lieutenants, which meant that they were the only ones in the inner circle. They were the closest to the Dark Lord, and they knew all of his plans. Snape was really worried, but he didn’t show it. Snape was the spy, but he would never tell that to Lord Voldemort. He was afraid of what would happen if Voldemort found out it was him. Snape was about to say something when he heard a door slam shut.

Someone was coming down the stairs. Lestrange scurried to the other side of the cellar. Snape closed his eyes and went limp.

“No…..NO!” Bellatrix screamed, but Snape didn’t open his eyes to see what was happening. There was a soft, muffled thump, which almost caused Snape to open his eyes.

“Ow…” someone growled. “Stop moving you crazy bitch.”

The door slammed shut and the room fell silent. Snape cautiously opened an eye. He saw that no one was down there with him, so he pushed himself into a sitting position. Anxiety slowly began to bubble in Snape’s chest, but that was short lived as logic began to take over.

“They have taken here upstairs for interrogation.” Snape thought over and over to himself.

After a few moments, Snape heard Lestrange scream in pain. They had started the questioning. Snape had participated in many of these “sessions”. The Dark Lord had Snape there for every interrogation because he was a more accomplished Legilimens then the Dark Lord. He watched people get tortured, then when Lord Voldemort didn’t get the answer that he wanted, he would ask Snape to find the true answer. It only took Snape thirty seconds though, because he knew who the real spy was. All he did was enter the target’s mind and then tell the Dark Lord that he was not the spy. During these interrogations, there were multiple forms of torture used, and the time that they lasted always changed, but Snape knew what was going to happen. He hoped that someone knew he was missing and was trying to find him.


It was a few days after Ron saved Harry from the frozen lake, and now they were down one Horcrux. They had both seen the doe and had told the story multiple times to Hermione, who was just as perplexed as both of them were. Now they were on the move, trying to find the other Horcruxes, but so far they were out of luck. Hermione came into the tent and took off the invisibility cloak, holding a copy of the Daily Prophet.

“Guys, Snape has been kidnapped.” Hermione announced.

“Seriously?” Ron exclaimed

“Yes. I heard a couple of witches talking about it. They said it was in the Prophet, so I had to grab a copy.”

Hermione handed the paper to Ron, who briefly skimmed over the copy, then handed it to Harry. Harry took the paper, and looked at the greasy-haired git, whose face covered the top half of the front page. Under the picture, the headline read “Headmaster Snape….Kidnapped?”. Harry went on to read the article.

“Professor Severus Snape, Headmaster at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardy, was forcefully taken from an undisclosed location. He left Hogwarts Saturday evening and never returned. He had told few professors of his would-be whereabouts, and when he didn’t return, they went to go and find him. When they arrived, both the front and back doors were blasted off the hinges and Headmaster Snape was nowhere to be found. Headmaster Snape, who was thought to be a loyal supporter of You-Know-Who, took the position of Headmaster after the death of Albus Dumbledore.”

He handed the newspaper back to Hermione. He didn’t have to read anymore of the article.

“Harry, do you know what this means?” Hermione asked

“That they greasy haired git is about to get what he deserves.” Ron spoke before Harry could.

“Ron!” Hermione yelled, infuriated at Ron

“Well, he’s right Hermione. That man hates me and my father with a burning passion. He treats me like dirt.”

“That doesn’t mean he’s not human. He made a mistake.” Hermione argued. “We should at least try to find out where he is.”

“Why?” Ron asked

“Because Dumbledore trusted him.” Hermione retorted forcefully.

“Well I’m glad Dumbledore trusted Snape.” Harry interjected. “Look at where it got him, Hermione. Dumbledore….is…..dead.” Silence filled the tent, while thoughts were running through everyone’s mind.

“And Snape killed him.” Harry continued. “I am sure that Snape became a full time member of the Dark Lord’s army. I’m going to finish what Dumbledore gave me. If you want, you can look for Snape.” he finished harshly.

Harry looked up at Hermione’s face and saw tears streaming from her eyes. Harry stormed out of the tent, angrily. He could not believe that he just did that! He didn’t like to see Hermione cry, and it was worse when Harry knew that he had caused it.

Harry was so angry at Snape. Snape hated his dad, James; as well as his Godfather, Sirius. Now Snape had killed the closest person Harry had to a father, and he was done with it. Secretly, Harry wanted to go find Snape, not to rescue him. Harry wanted to kill Snape with his own two hands.

The End.
End Notes:
I wonder what Harry will do?


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2590