The Past Can Help Your Future by HPSSFan
Summary: Snape has been kidnapped. Will Harry try to find him? Rated T to be safe
Categories: Snape Equal Status to Harry > Comrades Snape and Harry, Snape Equal Status to Harry > Foes Snape and Harry, Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Albus Severus, Bellatrix, Dumbledore, Hermione, James, Lily, Lucius, Original Character, Other, Remus, Ron, Voldemort
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Drama, Family, Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: Kidnapped
Takes Place: 9 - Post Epilogue (middle aged Harry), 8 - Pre Epilogue (adult Harry)
Warnings: Physical Punishment Spanking, Torture, Violence
Prompts: The Past Can Help Your Future
Challenges: The Past Can Help Your Future
Series: None
Chapters: 10 Completed: Yes Word count: 14136 Read: 36253 Published: 09 Jul 2011 Updated: 28 Aug 2011
Nineteen Years Later by HPSSFan
Author's Notes:
I hope you all like it. This may sound familiar to the epilouge in the series. I like it so much that I couldn't change some parts.

Harry and his family were standing on platform 9 ¾, James and Albus were loading their trunks on the scarlet red train. It would be Albus’ first time going to Hogwarts. Severus came along because Harry had asked him to, and he was happy to come. Ginny and Lily were helping James get his trunk on the train. Albus already had his stuff on, but he would not board the train yet.

“Dad, what if I’m in Slytherin?”

Both Severus and Harry knew that he was really scared about being in Slytherin.

“Listen to me, Albus Severus.” Harry dropped down in front of him. “You were named after two of the greatest Headmaster that Hogwarts has ever seen.” Harry had now dropped his voice to a whisper. “One of them was in Slytherin. He is the bravest man that I know, and he’s standing right behind me.” Harry motioned to Snape.

“Grandpa, You were in Slytherin?”

Severus, who had been watching Ginny help James onto the train while Harry was talking to Albus, looked down at him.

“I was, Albus.”

Albus seemed a little bit calmer, but Harry would still see that his son was scared.

“But Dad, what if I am in Slytherin?” He asked again

“Then Slytherin will have gained a great student. The sorting hat will take into account your choice. It did for me.”

“Really.” Albus said with amazement.

Harry had never told any of his children this.

“Yeah.”

“Alright, I love you dad.”

Albus gave Harry a fleeting hug, and James quickly rushed over to Harry, to give him a hug. They both hurried onto the train, as it slowly began to pull away. Albus waved bye to Harry, and he waved back. The train was now out of the station, and Harry stood frozen. He was thinking about the life that he had after the war. Severus was there for anything that Harry needed. Now he had a beautiful wife, and three lovely children. Harry knew that he wouldn’t have any of it, if Severus had not become his guardian after the war.

“You know that everything will be alright.” Severus reminded him.

“I know, Dad.”

Severus placed a hand on Harry’s shoulder. Everything that happened after the war, happened because Severus kept Lily’s promise, and Harry was thankful for that. They had gone through some rough times.

It took Severus a long time to recover, he walked with a cane due to the nerve damage. Harry had been there for him. Snape had been there for Harry as well. Harry felt after the war that he had no purpose in life, but Severus showed him that he had everything to live for. Severus was the father that he never had. He wasn’t like Sirius, who treated Harry as a brother. He was more like Lily. He loved Harry unconditionally, just like any father would. They both found a family.

Harry looked at Severus’ arm and realized one important thing: neither of the marks that they possessed had pained them in nineteen years, which meant all was well.

The End.
End Notes:
Well, that's the end. I hope that you enjoyed it. Please review and tell me what you think.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2590