The Past Can Help Your Future by HPSSFan
Summary: Snape has been kidnapped. Will Harry try to find him? Rated T to be safe
Categories: Snape Equal Status to Harry > Comrades Snape and Harry, Snape Equal Status to Harry > Foes Snape and Harry, Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Albus Severus, Bellatrix, Dumbledore, Hermione, James, Lily, Lucius, Original Character, Other, Remus, Ron, Voldemort
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Drama, Family, Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: Kidnapped
Takes Place: 9 - Post Epilogue (middle aged Harry), 8 - Pre Epilogue (adult Harry)
Warnings: Physical Punishment Spanking, Torture, Violence
Prompts: The Past Can Help Your Future
Challenges: The Past Can Help Your Future
Series: None
Chapters: 10 Completed: Yes Word count: 14136 Read: 36255 Published: 09 Jul 2011 Updated: 28 Aug 2011
Starting His Fight by HPSSFan
Author's Notes:
I hope you liked the first chapter.

There were many tortured screams throughout the night, all of them jolted Snape awake. He knew that it was a bad idea to sleep down there, but since no one was there with him, he figured that it wouldn’t hurt to get some rest. Sunlight shone into Snape’s eyes, causing him to wake up. Seeing the sunlight caused Snape to question how long he had been there. Judging by how he felt, Snape figured he had been there for two to four days. He must have been knocked unconscious for quite a while because he had only been up one day. Snape had no idea what spell had hit him. He was about to go through the list of spells when he saw Bellatrix’s limp body fall down the stairs.

Snape waited until he heard the door slam shut, before moving toward Bellatrix. He had no idea if she was dead or not. There were few situations where The Dark Lord had killed someone, whom he did not wish to kill, during these “sessions.” Those people could normally withstand large amounts of pain and punishment. The only reason they died because they refused to give the Dark Lord the information he wanted, so he continued the torture beyond their ability to take it.

Bellatrix was one of those people, and Snape feared the worst. He rolled her onto her back, with his knees, and he could see that she was breathing. There were cuts all over her arms. Snape had noticed that just as she began to stir. He waited to ask questions until she opened her eyes.

“Are you okay?” Snape asked softly.

“Yes, I’m fine you git.” She replied harshly.

Yeah, she was definitely feeling like herself. Snape tried to hide a smile of relief. He was glad that Bellatrix was okay. He would feel terrible if she died because of him. She was a vile human being, but she was still a human. No one should have to be killed because one person won’t say anything. Snape figured that Lord Voldemort didn’t have the stomach to kill one of his most loyal followers. However, if he got angry enough it was a very real possibility.

“Dumbledore.” Snape thought. “I know that you are watching, please help me get through this without giving away my secret.”

“We are at the Malfoy’s.” Bellatrix told him.

“I figured.” Snape whispered under his breath

“My lord is really mad. He is doing the interrogation himself.”

Snape knew he was in trouble. Someone like Bellatrix or Yaxley usually did the questioning. If The Dark Lord was doing it, then he knew that someone in his inner circle was the spy.

“Bollocks.” Snape thought, “I’m screwed.”


The door opened, startling Snape. He got up as quickly and quitely as he could and went over to the place he had woken up. He was still suppose to be unconscious, and he was going to make it hard on the person who undid the chains. Someone picked Snape off the ground. He made himself as much of a dead weight as possible, making it hard on the person carrying him up the stairs. Snape could hear a door slam shut as he was thrown into a chair. His head hit the top of the chair, before his chin came to rest on his chest.

“He is still unconscious.” A soft, snake-like voiced pointed out. This voice could only belong to The Dark Lord, Lord Voldemort.

“He is.” A harder voice agreed. The voice was easily recognized as belonging to Lucius Malfoy. “I do not know why. The curse must of affected him more than anticipated .” He continued weakly.

“If it has killed him…”

“It hasn’t!” Malfoy screamed

“What did you say Lucius?” Voldemort asked fiercely

“It…it hasn’t” Malfoy sounded like a scolded puppy.

“He has been unconscious for almost four days.” Voldemort informed Malfoy. “Yaxley, can you please remind me how long Severus was supposed to be unconscious?”

“About three hours.” Yaxley, whose voice had a hard edge to it, answered strongly.

“Three hours Malfoy,….not three days!” Voldemort’s scream caused the room to shake slightly.

There was a moment of silence where no one dared to move. Snape could just imagine Voldemort coming close to Malfoy’s face.

“If he is dead, I swear….”Voldemort began to hiss, but he stopped as he heard a groan come from Snape’s mouth.

The groan was barely audible; it was just loud enough to let Voldemort know that Snape was still alive. After counting to three, Snape allowed his eyes to flutter open. He picked his head off of his chest and looked around wearily. Voldemort had Malfoy by the collar of his robes, while Yaxley and Dolohov stared at their Lord.

“Ah, Severus has woken up.” Voldemort whispered as he released Malfoy.

“My lord, where am I?”

“You are here, at Malfoy Manor. You were viciously attacked, but we rescued you.”

“If you rescued me, why am I restrained to this chair?”

“We wanted to make sure that you did not fall. Do you mind if we ask you some questions?”

Snape looked at Voldemort, thrown off by the kindness that The Dark Lord show to him. He knew the real reason he was there and he was not falling for this load of shite he was being fed.

“Of course, my Lord.” Snape said hesitantly. “Ask anything you please.”

“Did you know that we have a spy amongst our ranks?”

Voldemort had begun the interrogation.

“We have suspected that for months, my lord. If you are only just worrying about it now….”

“Do you think that the spy has been giving information to the Order?” Voldemort interrupted Snape.

“I believe so. How else would Potter and his silly little friends be two steps ahead of us, even in the beginning. Now if you think that I am the spy, let me remind you something.” Snape began to list off points, and he could see Voldemort get angrier with each new sentence Snape said. “I have done everything that you have asked. Before you disappeared, I brought you the prophecy that was foretold, which some other people could not do. I stayed at Hogwarts and stayed in the Order. I fed them false information after you returned. I believe I have done well by you. Even when you asked me to become the headmaster after I killed Albus Dumbledore.” Snape emphasized the last bit and gave a pointed look at Malfoy.

Malfoy looked like he was ready to kill Snape, but Voldemort held his hand up.

“Let him finish, Lucius.” Voldemort hissed.

“I stayed at that unbearable school because you asked me to. After you disappeared, I continued to stay faithful and waited for signs of your return. Unlike some, I continued to support you.” Snape flashed another pointed look at Malfoy

“Why you ungrateful little….” Malfoy growled, but Voldemort cut him off.

“That is enough Malfoy. He is only stating the facts. Now Severus, do you know who the spy is?” The Dark Lord’s eyes never left Snape’s

“My lord if I knew who was the spy, you would of already taken care of it.”

“Why do you continue to lie to me, Severus?” Voldemort hissed weakly, as if Snape was hurting him.

“I have not been lying to you. My lord deserves the truth and that is what I have given. Nothing less than the truth.”

It was silent for a few seconds, and the silence was heavy with anticipation. People were waiting to see what Voldemort would do next. Voldemort laughed, a soft laugh, and this surprised Snape.

“You never cease to amaze me, Severus. However, unless you give me evidence showing that you have been telling the truth….well you have seen what happens with people lie to me.”

“My lord, I have given you all the evidence that I need.” Snape told him, trying not to gulp in fear. Fear of what was coming next.

“Alright then.” Voldemort huffed as he looked at those around him.

He gave a sharp, curt nod and a few seconds later pain hit Snape in the back of the head, where Greyback had just hit him. Then the other death eaters came in closer, each man taking a swing at Severus. Some of them had punched Snape in the face and chest, while others had kicked him in the legs. Voldemort never assaulted Snape, but he was definitely enjoying the show.

“Move aside.” Voldemort hissed at his followers.

They moved aside and Snape braced himself for what was coming next.

“Crucio!” Voldemort yelled.

Pain reigned over Snape’s body, like he had been struck by lighting. He tried to scream as he convulsed, but no sound came out of his mouth. It was like someone had taken his voice away. The curse was held so long that the pain became too much; Snape thought he would pass out. When the curse was released, Snape lunged forward, but didn’t move off of the chair. Air began to return to his lungs as he gasped multiple times. It was like someone had tried to choke him to death.

“Why have you been spying against me, Severus?” Voldemort hissed.

“I have….done no such thing….my lord.” Snape whispered between gasps of air.

He was about to take one more gulp of air. He had just breathed in.

“Crucio.”

The air was trapped in Snape’s lungs as he convulsed once more. His lungs screamed for air, and the curse was quickly released. Snape had lost track of how many times the Cruciatus curse had been used on him, and how long he had been tortured for. One of his eyes was swollen, he could taste blood in his mouth, and his entire body was sore. Snape barely lasted five seconds before he passed out from the last curse.

Snape could feel himself being removed from the chair by Greyback and Dolohov. A door opened and he could feel himself flying through the air. The smell told him that he was back in the cellar when he crashed into the ground. He could hear a loud crack, which told him that his arm was broken. Snape didn’t hit any of the stairs on the way down. How was it that being tortured by Voldemort reminded him of Lilly and Hogwarts? There was a sound of the door being closed which sent Snape back to Hogwarts.

The End.
End Notes:
What do you think the memory will be? I should have more on the way soon.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2590