The Past Can Help Your Future by HPSSFan
Summary: Snape has been kidnapped. Will Harry try to find him? Rated T to be safe
Categories: Snape Equal Status to Harry > Comrades Snape and Harry, Snape Equal Status to Harry > Foes Snape and Harry, Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Albus Severus, Bellatrix, Dumbledore, Hermione, James, Lily, Lucius, Original Character, Other, Remus, Ron, Voldemort
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Drama, Family, Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: Kidnapped
Takes Place: 9 - Post Epilogue (middle aged Harry), 8 - Pre Epilogue (adult Harry)
Warnings: Physical Punishment Spanking, Torture, Violence
Prompts: The Past Can Help Your Future
Challenges: The Past Can Help Your Future
Series: None
Chapters: 10 Completed: Yes Word count: 14136 Read: 36258 Published: 09 Jul 2011 Updated: 28 Aug 2011
The Plan by HPSSFan
Author's Notes:
Sorry for the wait

“Harry, we need to-”

“We are not going to go save Snape.” Harry interrupted Hermione. “He’s a treacherous git that doesn’t deserve to be rescued.” This was the first time that Hermione had brought up this argument in the past week.

“How do we know that he’s not being tortured for spying against Him. He could be dead already.”

“Then let him die. If he really was captured, then let Volde….”

“ARGH.” Ron interjected.

“He-who-must-not-be-named, then. Let him kill Snape because the man doesn’t deserve to live anyways.”

“Harry, that’s horrible! Every person deserves to live, even those who have made mistakes. Snape made up for his mistake, he spied against the dark lord.”

“That doesn’t make a DIFFERENCE.” Harry yelled as he slammed his fist down on the table. “Once a death eater, always a death eater.”

“How can you say ‘if he’s been captured’? You saw it in the Prophet.”

“The Prophet is under the thing’s control along with the Ministry. Snape probably just joined his army full time. It would look bad on Hogwarts if they placed a death eater in control. He knows that and there is still a part of Tom Riddle in Him. He loves Hogwarts because it’s his home. Tom doesn’t want to destroy the school’s reputation. He told them to say that Snape was taken. Now both sides win.”

“What are you talking about Harry? None of that makes sense, also if we rescue Snape, maybe he could tell us where the other Horcruxes are.”

“I wouldn’t trust him to tell us anything.”

“But we have to do something.”

“No we don’t. He is the reason my parents are dead. After this war is over, if he still is missing, then we will go find him.”

“But…”

“No. That is the plan.”

Harry got up and stalked out of the tent. He couldn’t see how Hermione could see any good in such a vile man. Harry thought that Snape used to be good, but after that night on the tower and knowing that he gave the prophecy to Lord Voldemort…Well it banished all doubts. Harry would, however, keep true to his plan. They would go and find Snape after they had finished Voldemort.


When Snape came to, he was wet and the side of his face hurt. His left eye was swollen shut, and pain pounded through his broken right arm. Seeing as Snape was right handed, this would be bad if he had to fight his way out. The chair he was sitting in felt different. The back had been modified so that his lower and middle back were exposed, but his shoulder blades were still covered. With what vision Snape had left, he could see Malfoy, Dolohov, Yaxley, and the Carrows standing in a group, conversing with Voldemort. They were having a whispered argument, all worries of being punished for questioning their lord were gone for the moment, when Voldemort saw that Snape was awake.

“Ah, Severus, are you ready to answer my questions?”

“Carrows, what are you doing here? I thought I ordered you to stay at the school.” Snape growled, ignoring what Voldemort said.

“We were called here.” Amycus answered.

“You may be our boss, but we serve The Dark Lord.” Alecto added

“Well….” Snape began, but Voldemort interrupted, repeating his question

“Are you ready to answer my questions Severus?”

“I have been answering your questions, my lord. You just don’t seem to like my answers.”

Voldemort quietly laughed to himself as he walked closer to Snape. They stared eye to eye for a few seconds before Voldemort turned his back on Snape. Voldemort was about to walk away, but he turned around and lunged at Snape, the back of his hand making contact with Snape’s face. The white flash of sharp pain surprised the prisoned man.

“You disgust me Severus.” Voldemort growled. “How could a man like you, who has been the most loyal to me, be spying against me. Without me, you would be nothing and your name would not be feared at that school.”

“My lord, I have not been spying on you.” In a quiet voice, Snape defiantly whispered. “It was also just not you who helped create my name. I was feared long before I joined your ranks.” Snape was trying to keep the pain at bay. He would have to do a lot of pain management, if he wanted to survive.

“Why have you been spying on me?”

“I have done no such thing. Everything that I do has been to help you.”

“Lies!” Voldemort hissed as looked at someone behind Snape.

It was a second before pain registered in Snape’s back, and a loud crack of leather meeting flesh, resounded around the room. Snape breathed in violently as the belt hit his back.

“Now Severus, if you tell me the truth, we can end this quickly.”

“Yeah.” Snape thought. “You’ll probably kill me.”

Snape took a deep breath before speaking.

“If I had been lying to you, my lord, I would have told you the truth after all the pain you have put me through.”

“And that is where you are mistaken, Severus. Any normal human being would have told me the truth if they were in the situation that you are currently in. They would have told me after the first hit. You are different. You have been taught to lie under any circumstance, and you had a good teacher, no doubt. That’s why I think you are still lying to me. If you tell me the truth, then all of this pain and suffering will stop.”

“I HAVE BEEN TELLING YOU THE TRUTH! I don’t know why you don’t believe me.” Snape snapped.

This earned Snape another lick from the belt, and a memory surfaced in Snape’s mind.

A young boy was hiding between the corner and a dresser, hoping father wouldn’t find him.

Snape could hear Voldemort ask a question, but he didn’t give an answer. The belt cracked on his back once again.

The young boy was sitting on his mother’s lap, with her arms wrapped tightly around him. He was crying, for his dad had found him and proceeded to beat him with a belt. The boy was only five years old. It was the first time that Tobias Snape, in a drunken rage, had beaten his son, Severus, with a belt. It was the first time, but it definitely wouldn’t be the last time that this would happen.

Snape was so surprised by the memories that came to him, that he didn’t answer the next five questions. Each unanswered question earned Snape another hit from the belt. By then, the pain was getting so bad that Snape was afraid that he would bite off his tongue if he attempted to speak, so his silence continue. He had lost count of how many times he was hit after 35, but Snape knew it was close to triple that number. This whipping made Tobias Snape’s whipping look tame.

Snape could see that The Dark Lord was getting irate, so it was time to start messing with him. Snape knew it was a good way to get killed, but he also knew that The Dark Lord wouldn’t kill him. At least not yet. Not until he got the full truth out of Snape. The only problem was, in order for it to stop, there would be a lot more pain. Snape made tears come to his eyes, and found that it wasn’t very hard.

“Alright.” He cried out in pain. “Make it stop and I’ll tell you everything.”

Voldemort signaled Yaxley to stop.

“You will tell me everything that I want?” Voldemort asked skeptically

“Yes.” Snape had tears running down his face. “Anything to be let go.”

“I am glad that you have seen the light, Severus. You do know however, that what you tell me might not get you free.”

“Just make the pain stop.” Snape yelled in response.

“Alright. Have you or are you currently a spy?”

“Yes.”

“Who have you been spying against?”

“Albus Dumbledore.”

“Has Albus Dumbledore ever tried to turn you against me?”

“No.”

It was silent for a moment, which during this time, Snape prayed that Voldemort would buy his story. The chances were slim to none, but he hoped for a miracle.

“Have you ever spied against me for Dumbledore?”

“No.”

“I am tried of your lies, Severus.” Voldemort hissed while shaking his head.

“I have not…” But Snape couldn’t finish his sentence

His jaw had locked up because of a Cruciatus curse that Voldemort had casted. Then Malfoy casted it, followed by Yaxley, Dolohov, and Greyback. The pain in this torture session was ten time worse then in the last session. The pain of five curses was like being hit with eight tazer, 100 volts a piece. If Snape could talk, he would of begged for death. The pain was so bad that he could feel his life slowly slip away. However, the spells were released and he could feel life its retreat from his body. He felt groggy and disoriented, like he was about to pass out.

Someone stepped forward and pulled a vial out of their cloak. Snape’s head was thrown back, and whoever pulled the vial out of their pocket, forced a liquid down his throat. Snape tried to spit it back out, but only some would come out. Greyback and Dolohov undid Snape from the chair and dragged him down the stairs, leaving him by the wall where he lay unconscious a few seconds after the door slammed shut. Snape’s right hand moved on its own, showing signs of extensive nerve damage.

The End.
End Notes:
Hoped you like it. More should be coming soon


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2590