The Past Can Help Your Future by HPSSFan
Summary: Snape has been kidnapped. Will Harry try to find him? Rated T to be safe
Categories: Snape Equal Status to Harry > Comrades Snape and Harry, Snape Equal Status to Harry > Foes Snape and Harry, Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Albus Severus, Bellatrix, Dumbledore, Hermione, James, Lily, Lucius, Original Character, Other, Remus, Ron, Voldemort
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Drama, Family, Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: Kidnapped
Takes Place: 9 - Post Epilogue (middle aged Harry), 8 - Pre Epilogue (adult Harry)
Warnings: Physical Punishment Spanking, Torture, Violence
Prompts: The Past Can Help Your Future
Challenges: The Past Can Help Your Future
Series: None
Chapters: 10 Completed: Yes Word count: 14136 Read: 36251 Published: 09 Jul 2011 Updated: 28 Aug 2011
The Trick by HPSSFan
Author's Notes:
Sorry it took so long.

When Snape came to, he was in a world of pain. He could feel something sticky on his back, so he gently reached toward his back. Even at the slightest touch, Snape winced in pain. He could feel his back becoming raw, the scars would be there for the rest of his life. He pulled his hand away, and saw blood on his hand. Then Snape remembered that someone poured some sort of liquid down his throat. He wondered what it was, but was stopped when pain screamed up his right arm. Slowly lifting his arm up, Snape saw that it looked perfectly normal. However, when he gently ran his hand down it, he discovered that it was broken. He couldn’t tell how many breaks he had in it. Snape wondered what else was hurt, when a sob stopped all of his thoughts. Snape carefully rolled over, to see what was crying.

His back screamed in pain, but he made it onto his side. There was someone in the middle of the room. Snape figured it was Lestrange, so he rolled onto his stomach, and tried to stand up. His knees buckled and Snape caught himself by dropping to one knee. Snape gasped as pain shot up his back, and the crying stopped.

“Sev.” Someone called out.

There was only one person in the world who called him by that name.

“Lily.” Snape whispered in confusion.

He made his way toward Lily in a half walking, half falling fashion. The person lying in the middle of the room was indeed Lily. Snape dropped to his knees by her side.

“Sev.” She reached up and touched his face.

It all felt so real, but it couldn’t of been. Lily had been dead for fifteen years, this couldn’t of been real. Something in Snape’s brain said that this wasn’t right, but Snape didn’t pay attention. He was with the woman that he loved.

“Lily.” Snape grabbed her hand.

He could feel a liquid by his knee so he looked down. He was kneeling in a pool of blood that was coming from Lily’s back.

“What happened Lily?” Even though he knew something was wrong, he allowed his heart to take over. Lily was the only one that he ever loved, and he would be damned if he didn’t help her.

“He found us.”

“Who found you?”

“Voldemort. He found us and…..he killed James.” Lily had tears running down her eyes as she choked out the answer. “He tortured us and killed James.”

“What did he do to you?”

“I don’t know, Sev.”

“It’s alright.” He reassured as he picked Lily up and held her in his arms. “Everything will be fine, just hold on.” Snape whispered after he saw her take a short, shaky breath.

“Oh Sev.” Lily whispered as she reached up again.

“I’m sorry Lily.”

“What are you sorry for?”

“I was a fool. You were so good to me and you were my only friend. You didn’t care where I came from, and you were there for me.. I messed up and I never meant to call you that name. I was angry and I never should have been angry at you. I’m so sorry.”

Severus looked down at Lily and saw that her breaths were becoming further apart.

“That doesn’t matter anymore, Sev.” Lily winced in pain. “I need your help.”

“Anything Lily.”

“I need you to tell me what side you are on. Dumbledore told us that he had a spy but we weren’t sure that you were fully against Voldemort.”

“Why do you want to know that?”

“It was something that I always wanted to know, before I died.” Lily’s eyes started closing.

“You won’t die. You have to keep fighting.” Severus pleaded.

“Sev, I’m not afraid of dying. I just need to know.” Lily’s breathing began to slow down as well.

“I did.” Severus blurted out. “I did spy for Dumbledore against Voldemort.”

Sev could that Lily was about to die, and he felt so helpless because he couldn’t do anything to stop it. He had to tell Lily something that he had always meant to tell her. Something that he should of told her a long time ago.

“Lily, I love you.”

Lily’s eyes were about to close, so Sev grabbed her hand. He leaned down so that he could hear Lily’s whisper.

“I loved you too, Sev.”

Lily took her last breath and closed her eyes for a final time. Her hand slipped out of his and Severus’ eyes began to fill with tears. He didn’t hear the cellar door open.

“Come on Lily, wake up.”

Two men walked down the stairs and grabbed Snape under the armpits. They dragged Snape up the stairs while he was screaming Lily’s name. Another man took Lily’s body up to the main floor. Snape was thrown into a chair, and Lily’s body was taken into another room.

“What did you do to her?!” Snape yelled

“She got what was coming to her. The mud blood….”

“Don’t call her that!” Snape cut off Voldemort, and because he did so, he got punched in the face.

“The mud blood deserves to die. I heard what you told her.” Voldemort’s voice was calm.

“oh shit.” Snape thought, but he continued to stay angry at the Dark Lord. “What did you do to her?” Snape yelled again.

“Oh, is poor Snape crying over little Lily Potter?” Bellatrix cooed as she rounded the corner.

“What did you do to her?” He yelled at Bellatrix

“Who?” She asked calmly.

“Lily…Lily Evans. What did you do to her?”

Bellatrix pulled her wand out of her pocket and waved it in front of her face. Her appearance began to change, and where Bellatrix had been standing three seconds, Lily took her place. The abdomen of her shirt was soaked in blood.

“He found us, Sev.” Lily said. “Lord Voldemort gound us and…he killed James.” Lily whimpered and she waved her hand again, and she turned back into Bellatrix.

“Fuck.” Was the first word that came to Snape’s mind. “I just got tricked. Now he knows.” Snape’s face continued to show no emotion, but his mind had been flying at 1010 miles an hour. “I told you that it wasn’t right.” Snape could believe that he was tricked. He couldn’t of been stupider. Now it was time to give up the gig.

“Well. Now you know my secret. What are you going to do?”

“I have to ask you something Severus. Why?”

“Because you killed her!” Snape yelled. He couldn’t help it. His temper was exploding. “I asked you, no I begged you to spare her and you didn’t. You killed her.”

That was the last thing that Snape remembered clearly. Everything else was filled with lots of pain, but he was still alive. Snape woke up in the cellar. He was in so much pain, that he didn’t know if his mind would ever work correctly again. Snape thought about Lily and he realized that someone had to know. He placed his fingertip to his temple, and pulled out a memory strand. He found a vial in the cellar and placed the memory in it. He placed a stopper in it and put it in his robe pocket. He figured that if he died, someone would at least know his position.

He was in a lot of pain. Snape was still fuzzy, his mind going in and out of the fog. The arm that Snape had broken was swollen beyond movement. He could taste blood in his mouth and throat. His left eye was swollen shut and every part of his body hurt. Snape tried to sit up on the wall, his body screaming in pain as he did so.

“How much longer do I have?”

That was the last thought that Snape had before he passed out from pain.

The End.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2590