The Past Can Help Your Future by HPSSFan
Summary: Snape has been kidnapped. Will Harry try to find him? Rated T to be safe
Categories: Snape Equal Status to Harry > Comrades Snape and Harry, Snape Equal Status to Harry > Foes Snape and Harry, Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Albus Severus, Bellatrix, Dumbledore, Hermione, James, Lily, Lucius, Original Character, Other, Remus, Ron, Voldemort
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Drama, Family, Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: Kidnapped
Takes Place: 9 - Post Epilogue (middle aged Harry), 8 - Pre Epilogue (adult Harry)
Warnings: Physical Punishment Spanking, Torture, Violence
Prompts: The Past Can Help Your Future
Challenges: The Past Can Help Your Future
Series: None
Chapters: 10 Completed: Yes Word count: 14136 Read: 36255 Published: 09 Jul 2011 Updated: 28 Aug 2011
The Rescue by HPSSFan
Author's Notes:
Sorry it took so long. Recap: Snape has been captured and tortured. Harry knows about it but he doesn't plan on rescuing him. Voldemort finds out that Snape is spying against him, using a dirty trick that involves Lily Evans

“Hermione!” Ron yelled

“Shut up, Ron.” Harry screamed.

He couldn’t believe that they had been captured. The death eaters managed to find them somehow and Harry was really angry. Now, Hermione’s screams could be heard while she was being tortured. Ron kept yelling her name and Harry kept telling him to shut up, but nothing worked. Harry and Ron didn’t see a man come behind them and clamped a hand over their mouths.

“You both need to be quiet now.” The man snarled. The boys stopped struggling and the man continued. “Now, I’m going to let you go. Don’t scream.”

The hands came off of their mouths, and they turned around.

“Snape.” Harry gasped.

He was shocked by seeing the professor, who was hurt badly. There was blood all over his face. One of his eyes was swollen shut, his arm was swollen as well. One of his hands twitched constantly, and he was hunched over like his back was seriously hurt. Snape laid a hand on Harry’s shoulder.

“What are you doing here, Potter?” Snape mumbled. Some of his words were incoherent.

“We were captured by the death eaters. Now Bellatrix Lestrange is torturing Hermione.”

“Where are we?”

“Malfoy Manor.” Ron replied. “You’re still alive.”

“Thank you for the obvious, Weasley. Do you know what happened?”

“I don’t know.” Harry answered Snape. “It was in the Prophet that you had disappeared.”

“When was that?”

“Almost three months ago.”

Hermione’s scream echoed in the cellar.

“Hermione!” Ron yelled again.

“Shut it Weasley.” Snape growled, but it didn’t work. “Can it!” Snape yelled, but it took a door slamming to get him to shut up.

Snape motioned them to move away from the door and he hid in the shadows as well. Peter Pettigrew, a loyal servant, came through the door.

“Petricaficus totalas.” Snape whispered.

Pettigrew went rigid and fell over. Snape snatched a wand out of his hands.

“Do either of you have a wand?” he questioned

“No, they took them from us.” Ron answered.

“Okay.” Snape mumbled to himself. “I want you two to stay behind me.”

Snape didn’t wait for anyone to protest as he stumbled towards the staircase.

“Are you okay, Professor?” Harry asked, his voice full of concern.

“How I am doing doesn’t concern you right now, Potter.”

“But, sir….”

“Unless you want Ms. Granger to die, Potter, I would suggest that we start moving.”

That caused Harry to fall silent, but he was still waiting to catch the professor if he fell. All three men made it to the top of the stairs.

“We have to wait.” Snape whispered, but Bellatrix unleashed a Cruciatus curse on Hermione, and Ron moved forward. Draco and Greyback noticed.

“Stupefy!” Draco bellowed, as he shot it at Ron, who managed to dodge the spell.

“Expelliarmus.” Snape whispered and the wand flew out of Draco’s hand.

Harry snatched the wand out of midair. Snape shot another spell at Greyback, who’s wand flew out of his hand as he was knocked unconscious. Ron caught the wand and then all hell broke loose. Harry was fighting Draco. Ron was fighting through all of the spells to pull Hermione, who was unconscious, to safety. Snape was fighting Yaxley, Lucius, and Bellatrix. There were a series of cracks, and Harry turned around as he caught another wand that Draco picked up.

Ron and Hermione were no where to be found, but Harry thought he heard Ron telling someone to take them to Shell Cottage. Harry turned back around and ducked. He was nearly blasted with a spell that was shot out of Yaxley’s wand. Draco was also not where to be found. Harry looked out of the corner of his eye and saw Snape locked in battle with Lucius and Bellatrix. Even though Harry didn’t like Snape, he was worried about him. He didn’t like seeing people hurt and Snape was badly hurt. Snape was so hurt in face that Harry was afraid that he would fall over and die in any moment. Harry dived behind the couch and Snape did the same.

“Potter.” he whispered as he dug into his robe pockets and he pulled a vial out of it. “Take this.” He said as he shoved it into Harry’s hands.

“What is this?” There was smoke everywhere and Harry had to shout over the spells that were still flying.

“It will explain everything. You will know when to look at it.”

Harry was surprised at the vial that Snape gave him. Harry was so confused. Snape hated him and the feeling was mutual, why would he give him this.

“Did you suffer brain damage, Professor?” Harry asked as he put the vial in the pouch around his neck. The bangs of the spells stopped.

“Let’s go Harry.” Snape growled softly.

Snape stood up quickly and shot a spell that barely missed Malfoy’s ear. Yaxley shot a spell and Snape just barely managed to get a protective spell up. Harry jumped out of cover and shot a spell at Yaxley, who managed to hit the deck before the spell took off his head. The full battle ensued again. It seemed that they had been fighting for a long time, but it could of only been minutes. Harry could see that Snape was almost out of energy. Snape threw a spell at Malfoy and Lestrange. The two shot at Spell at Snape then blocked the spell from Snape. Harry seemed to watch it in slow motion.

The spells that Malfoy and Lestrange cast seem to combine together. The two spells, red and blue, come together and formed purple. Snape stared at it in confusion and realized what was happening to late. Snape could not get his wand up fast enough and the combined spells blasted him in the chest. Harry watched in horror as Snape sailed through the air, smashed through a cabinet, and slid down the wall unconscious. Harry could only do one thing to help. He had to keep fighting. Harry quickly shot a spell at Yaxley’s leg. It hit it’s target and Yaxley fell forward, his face hitting the ground, knocking him out.

Now Harry had to fight Bellatrix and Malfoy. It seemed like they fed off of each other’s energy, and no one would fall. Harry was fighting for his life. He was barely dodging spells, and he was barely managing to shoot off his own spells. Harry dodged behind the couch in an attempt to catch his breath. There was a loud crack and what appeared next to Harry almost caused him to jump out of cover.

“Dobby.” He yelled in a whisper. “What are you doing here?”

“Dobby has come to help Harry potter.” He said softly in his high, squeaky voice.

“You took Ron and Hermione. Where did you take them?”

“To Bill Weasley’s shell cottage. Now Dobby has returned to help Harry Potter.”

“See Professor Snape over there.” Harry motioned to and unconscious Snape. “I want you to grab him and take him to the cottage. Tell Bill that he has to go to St. Mungos. Then come back and grab me.” Dobby nodded in agreement.

“Come out and play, Potter.” Bellatrix yelled. “Come out and fight to your death, unlike your parents. Come out and be the brave Gryffindor that you are.” She cackled

Harry stood up and shot a spell at Bellatrix. There were two quick snaps and Harry knew that Snape and Dobby were gone. Harry quickly shot a spell at Malfoy, then pointed his want at the Chandelier.

“Reducto.” He yelled and the spell hit the ceiling, causing the Chandelier to fall.

Harry fell behind the couch as Malfoy and Bellatrix dove out of the way. There was a snap and Dobby was right next to Harry.

“Let’s go now.”

The little elf grabbed Harry’s hand, and the disapparated out of Malfoy Manor. When they stopped moving, Harry opened his eyes. They were standing on a beach. The ocean was pounding the shore like the heart inside of Harry’s chest. Harry was on all fours, breathing and thanking God that he was not dead. Harry really thought that if Dobby had not come, he would have been dead.

“Is Harry Potter alright?”

“Yes, I’m all right.” Harry looked up, but quickly looked down. His scar split open and pain erupted. Harry stifled a groan of pain.

“Dobby is sorry Harry Potter. Mr. Weasley told me to wait till he came back from St. Mungos.”

“It’s fine, Dobby.” Harry moaned through his teeth. He stood up and together they began to walk toward a cottage in the distance. “How did you find us, Dobby?”

Dobby was explaining to Harry how Dobby found then, when Harry stopped. Something wasn’t right with Harry. His vision was going in and out of focus. He could feel the blood pounding in his ears. Harry’s chest and stomach hurt as well. He placed a hand where the pain was and it caused him to fall to his knees. He never got to see why he was feeling pain because his eyes closed unexpectedly, and he fell over. The ocean waves came up and hit Harry’s unconscious body. The sand being stained red with blood from a wound unknown to Harry.







































The End.
End Notes:
More should be on the way soon


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2590