The Past Can Help Your Future by HPSSFan
Summary: Snape has been kidnapped. Will Harry try to find him? Rated T to be safe
Categories: Snape Equal Status to Harry > Comrades Snape and Harry, Snape Equal Status to Harry > Foes Snape and Harry, Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Albus Severus, Bellatrix, Dumbledore, Hermione, James, Lily, Lucius, Original Character, Other, Remus, Ron, Voldemort
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Drama, Family, Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: Kidnapped
Takes Place: 9 - Post Epilogue (middle aged Harry), 8 - Pre Epilogue (adult Harry)
Warnings: Physical Punishment Spanking, Torture, Violence
Prompts: The Past Can Help Your Future
Challenges: The Past Can Help Your Future
Series: None
Chapters: 10 Completed: Yes Word count: 14136 Read: 36253 Published: 09 Jul 2011 Updated: 28 Aug 2011
Making Up by HPSSFan

They had finally done it. They found out what the remaining Horocruxes were. They managed to destroy all of them but the last two. After seeing Snape’s memories, Harry just wanted to give up. The people that Harry loved were really hurt of dead. Fred had died and Harry had to walk away. It was so hard to watch Mrs.Weasley cry over her dead son. Lupin, who was close to death, had to watch his wife, the mother of his child, die. No one knew how long Lupin had left to live. Now Harry had to walk to Voldemort and allow him to kill Harry, without Harry defending himself. Harry did just that. He played the role that he was given and allowed Voldemort to kill him. When Harry opened his eyes, he thought he would see the flash of green from the killing curse, but to his surprise, he didn’t see any.

A large white room is where Harry found himself lying. Pushing himself off the floor, Harry looked around, but could see nothing. It was dead silent, when a voice called his name. Harry turned around, quicker than someone could Apparate, and saw a familiar face with his arms wide open.

“Sirius!” Harry exclaimed with excitement, as he ran into his godfather’s arms.

Sirius wrapped his arms around Harry, laughing with excitement. He finally could see Harry again. Harry dreamed about what it would be like to see Sirius again, but this feeling was even better than a dream. The hug seemed to last forever, but it didn’t matter to Harry. He was with Sirius and that’s all that mattered.

“Harry, you’ve grown so much.” Sirius said as he clasped Harry’s face in his hands.

He could see the tears that were coming to Harry’s eyes. Harry was about to speak, when another voice stopped him.

“Harry.” The voice said.

Harry turned to his left and looked into a man’s clear blue eyes that were behind a pair of half moon spectacles.

“Professor Dumbledore.”

“I know that you must have alot of questions, but the answers will come in due time.”

“The answers should come now Albus.” A gruff voice snarled.

Harry turned around again and saw a man in a black cloak, but something was different. The man wasn’t as profound in appearence. He was a little transparent, almost like a ghost.

“Snape, what are you doing here?” Harry asked.

“Yeah you have questions to answer as well.” Lupin was standing right next to Harry

Lupin looked like Snape, but he had more color, making him more profound. Did that mean that Lupin was close to death?

“I don’t have to answer to you, werewolf.” Snape growled.

Sirius came and stood by Lupin, staring intensely at Snape. Harry had no idea what to do, but Dumbledore stepped forward.

“Let us all sit down so that Harry can have his questions answered.”

Everyone sat down, and looked to Harry. The only ones who didn’t look at him were Snape and Sirius, who were still eyeing each other.

“Boys, pay attention.” Dumbledore scolded, causing them to look away from each other and turn their attention to Harry.

“Professor, why didn’t you tell me everything that was going to happen?” Harry asked.

“I felt that if I told you, then you would not accept your fate. You would try to change certain events that had to happen, I am however proven wrong.”

“I don’t understand.”

“What don’t you understand, Harry?” Sirius questioned

“The horocruxes. We got all of them but two. We couldn’t even get to one.”

“You mean that you destroyed all but one.” Dumbledore corrected.

A look of confusion fell over Harry’s face.

“Let me explain.” Lupin started. “The night that Voldemort killed Lily and James, you stopped him from killing you. What happened was that because his soul was so unstable that what was left, latched itself on the only living thing there, which was you.”

“So....I’m a horocrux?” Harry questioned weakly.

“You are.” Dumbledore said. “That is why you had to give yourself up.”

There was a pop in the room, and Harry thought that he was the only one who heard it. He was however not the only one who heard it because others began to look around. When he looked at Lupin, he knew what happpened. Lupin’s appearence was much bolder, like Albus and Sirius.

“Remus, I’m very sorry.” Dumbledore whispered

Lupin was dead and now his son had no parents. He was much like Harry when he was that age.

“Harry...” Lupin looked at Harry. Their eyes met, and Harry knew what Lupin was about to say.

Harry spoke before Lupin could.

“I’ll be there for him. I’ll make sure that he knows what his parents died for.” Harry looked at Snape. “Professor, I know what your memories showed, but really who’s side were you on?”

“I’ve been on your side and I always will be.” Snape answered.

Harry wanted to cry with happiness, but he wasn’t going to do that in front of his professor. It was silent for a few seconds before Harry blurted out.

“You have to keep fighting, Professor.”

“What are you talking about Potter?”

“You have to stay alive. I need you to stay alive. You are the only thing I’ve got left that is a connection to any of my parents. I always tried my best in your class because I had a feeling that you would be important to me. I tried to make you happy, but you hated me because of my father. You both hated me and protected me. There were times that I didn’t know if you were playing me for a fool. You are important to me and I need you to stay alive.”

It was silent while a confused look came over Snape and Sirius’ face.

“Harry.” A woman’s voice called.

Harry sat confused, then he realized that the voice didn’t belong to anyone sitting in the circle.

Snape was the first to respond to the voice.

“Lily.” he whispered.

Harry turned around in the direction that Snape was looking. A man and a woman stood hand in hand, and smiles beamed across their face as Harry ran up to them.

 “Mom, Dad.” And before he could say anything else, his parents wrapped him in a hug.

Harry wished that this hug could of lasted forever. He had never hugged someone until he met Mrs.Weasley, and even though she felt like his surrogate mom, this hug just didn’t feel the same. He was now with his parents and he didn’t want this moment to end.

“Harry, We are so proud of you.” Lily said as she let go of Harry. “You did something that we could never do.

“But I didn’t defeat him. He’s still alive.”

“He is close to being defeated.” James said. “We couldn’t even get that close.

Lupin and Sirius stood up and walked over to Harry and James.

“Prongs?” Sirius questioned, unsure if this was really happening.

“Padfoot.” James responded.

A smile spread across Sirius’ face, and he wrapped his arms around James. James did the same thing and both men laughed, clapping each other on the back. To Harry, it seemed like they had just seen each other yesterday.

“Moony.” James said as he held out his hand after the hug between him and Padfoot was finished.

“Prongs.” Lupin responded, shaking his hand. A smile spread across Lupin’s face. It was the first time Harry had seen him smile in a long time.

Snape approached Lily, cautionsly. It was the first time that Snape had seen the real Lily Evans in twenty years, but he remembered everything about her like it was yesterday. Her eyes were a dazzling green, and her red hair was beautiful. Everything was the same about her. It was like they had just come to Hogwarts. The memories of sitting in class and out by the lake came flooding back to Snape.

“Lily.” Snape said again in shock

“Sev, you haven’t changed a bit.” Lily replied as she held her hand out and wiped a tear that was falling down Snape’s face. “Thank you so much for taking care of Harry. You...” Lily tried to continue but Snape cut her off.

“Lily, I’m so sorry for everything that happened between me and you. I never meant to say such mean things to you that day. I never wanted you to die. I tried everything to stop him. I’m so sorry.”

“You have nothing to be sorry for.” Lily pulled Snape close and hugged him tightly. “You did everything that I asked you to do.”

“What do you mean?”

“You are now Harry’s godfather.” Stunned silence filled the room. “I put it in my will that if Sirius had died or something happened where he couldn’t be there for Harry, you were suppose to care for him. I just wanted to make sure that Harry was safe and after Sirius died, you did that. You and Sirius were suppose to raise Harry.”

“So...I am Harry’s godfather?”

“Yes. I need you to fight. This is your second chance. You and Harry have so much in common. He needs someone to love him, and you need someone to love and to love you. You know that it is true, and you can both do that for each other. You will both need someone after the war is over.”

“Wait, Professor Dumbledore.” Harry said, still in a state of shock. “Correct me if I’m wrong, If a part of Voldemort latched onto me, then when he killed me he killed that part of him?”

“That is correct. Your soul is now all yours.”

“So then..that means I am still alive?”

“You have a choice, as does everyone here. You can either move on, or you can go back and finish what you started.” Dumbledore answered.

Harry thought about it and weighed his two options: He could either stay here with his family, or he could go back, kill Voldemort, be with Ron, Hermione, Teddy Lupin, and Snape. Harry knew what he had to do

“I have to go.” He turned to his parents. “I have to finish what I started. There are people who need me, and they need a better future. Only I can give it to them. I have to go.”

“Do you think that you are about to make the right decision?” Dumbledore asked.

“I think so.”

“Then we will be here waiting for you when the time is right.” James said

“Harry remember that we are always with you.” Lily whispered.

“Harry.” Sirius called, and Harry turned to look at him. “I know that you are probably scared, but listen to me. A lot of people say that you and he are alike. Remember that is not important, what is important is how you are different, and that is how you will beat him. I know that you can do this.”

Harry nearly fell into Sirius’ arms as they embraced, for what Harry knew would be the last time for a very long time.

“Thank you very much Harry. I know that I have left my son in capable hands.” Lupin stuck his hand out. Harry shook it as he spoke.

“I will treat him like he is my brother.”

“I know you will.” Lupin said as he gave Harry a hug.

“Snape.” James called. “I want to apologize for everything that I put you through at school. You don’t have to accept it. If I were you, I wouldn’t accept it. I just want you to know, that I’m sorry Sniv……I’m sorry, Severus.”

Snape glared at his enemy, James Potter, in silence. He had been hit with so much stuff in the past ten minutes, Snape had no idea how to handle it all. Lilly just gave him custody of her son, and now James Potter was apologizing for bullying him in school. Snape wasn’t sure if he could forgive James, but he had to let Harry know that he didn’t hate him because of his dad.

“Potter.” Snape called, sticking his hand out.

James walked forward and gripped Snape’s hand tight. After a few seconds, they released hands and Snape turned to Lily.

“I’ll take care of Harry.” Snape whispered

Lily wrapped his arms around his neck and gave him a big hug.

“Thank you, Sev.” She whispered back.

Snape wished that the hug would never end, but all good things have to end at some point. Lily let go and turned to watch Harry.

“I’m going to keep fighting Harry. I’ll see you when the war is over.”

Snape looked at Lily.

“I love you.” he mouthed.

“I love you too. Goodbye Sev.” she mouthed in response

“Goodbye Lily.” he mouthed before disappearing with a soft crack.

Dumbledore placed his hand on Harry’s shoulder.

“Harry, I hope that you know that I am proud of you. You are a better man than I ever was. Everything will be fine in the end.”

“Thank you, Professor.” Harry turned to his parents. “Mom, Dad, I have to do this.”

“We know you do.” Lily responded

“We will be waiting for you.” James continued.

“We are so proud of you Harry. You have know idea.” Lily grabbed her son and gave him a tight hug. “I love you so much.” She whispered as she let go of him.

Tears came to Harry’s eyes and he gave hugs and said final goodbyes to the ones that he loved.

“This is not the last time we will see each other, you know that Harry.” Sirius said

“I know. Now I have to go and finish the war.”

“Goodbye Harry.” They all sang in unison.

Harry choked out, “Goodbye.” and with one loud crack, Harry was left alone. There was a bright light and Harry could hear again, but he kept his eyes closed. The smell of dirt filled his nostrils, telling him one thing. He made it back.

The End.
End Notes:
Thanks for the reviews. We are almost done, Two chapters left.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2590