The Past Can Help Your Future by HPSSFan
Summary: Snape has been kidnapped. Will Harry try to find him? Rated T to be safe
Categories: Snape Equal Status to Harry > Comrades Snape and Harry, Snape Equal Status to Harry > Foes Snape and Harry, Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Albus Severus, Bellatrix, Dumbledore, Hermione, James, Lily, Lucius, Original Character, Other, Remus, Ron, Voldemort
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Drama, Family, Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: Kidnapped
Takes Place: 9 - Post Epilogue (middle aged Harry), 8 - Pre Epilogue (adult Harry)
Warnings: Physical Punishment Spanking, Torture, Violence
Prompts: The Past Can Help Your Future
Challenges: The Past Can Help Your Future
Series: None
Chapters: 10 Completed: Yes Word count: 14136 Read: 36258 Published: 09 Jul 2011 Updated: 28 Aug 2011
Second Chances by HPSSFan

The world had just changed for the better. Voldemort had been vanquished, and all of the people were celebrating this great accomplishment. But every war has consequences. Families had become smaller in the matter of a day. Harry was not celebrating though. He felt it was wrong to celebrate. Everyone seemed to celebrate when something good happened, but did they realize that people had to die for this. Dumbledore would tell him that they were celebrating the sacrifice of those who died. That thought made him smile. Maybe he did have something to celebrate. Harry walked forward into the headmasters office, with Ron and Hermione.

The portraits around the room had erupted with cheering, but that didn’t matter to Harry as he approached Dumbledore’s portrait. The cheering stopped.

“Thank you so much Professor.”

“It is not you who should be thanking me. It is I, who should be thanking you. You have saved the wizarding world from what would have been an unfortunate fate.”

Harry laid the elder wand down on the desk that Dumbledore normally sat behind.

“This wand has a long, bloody, history and it should stop with me. I don’t want it and it should stay with it’s rightful owner.”

“Are you sure mate?” Ron asked. “That is a might....ow, what was that for?” Ron asked after Hermione elbowed him in the ribs.

“It’s Harry’s decision, Ron.”

“Alright, Alright.”

Harry turned to the portrait of Dumbledore.

“What do you think, Professor?”

“I think that is a wise choice. A choice that I could not make.”

“I just have to do one thing.” Harry told him as he pulled his broken wand out of the pouch around his neck. “Repraro.” He whispered as he pointed the elder wand at the wand on the table.

There was a snap and the wand that was Harry’s own was fixed. He laid the elder wand down on the desk and picked up his own wand, which felt warm in his hands. Harry looked up at Dumbledore and was about to say something when a loud crack caused everyone to jump.

“Harry Potter.” A loud squeaky voice called as Harry turned to the source of the noise.

“What is it Dobby?”

Dobby was mumbling something incoherent and quick.

“Dobby slow down and tell me what happened.” Fear rose in his chest as Dobby gasped

“Professor Snape.....” Dobby whispered.

“What about Professor Snape?” Fear was now sitting his Harry’s throat. He didn’t know what would happen if Snape died. He didn’t know if he could handle it.

“Professor Snape is awake.”

“Take me to him.”

Harry hadn’t told Ron and Hermione what happened and he wasn’t ready to talk about it. He didn’t like leaving them in a state of confusion, but Harry wanted to sort out things between himself and Snape. Taking Dobby’s arm, he was gone from the office. When he felt like his insides were being thrown into a bludger, he found that he was standing a white room and Dobby wasn’t with him.

“What are you doing here, Potter?” Snape growled.

“Dobby told me you were awake. I just wanted to make sure that you were okay.”

“Is he dead?”

“Yes and he’s not coming back this time. He hurt you badly.”

“I know. I can feel the nerve damage.”

An uncomfortable silence filled the room. Harry thought that maybe Snape didn’t remember what happened with Lily, but Snape looked up at him.

“What’s wrong Harry?” He asked, almost fatherly.

“Nothing’s wrong. I’m just glad that you are okay.” Harry confessed. “I think that Mom led me to get caught. We....I mean I, didn’t want to come and rescue you until after we defeated Voldemort. I think she wanted us to stick together.”

“I agree.”

Another uncomfortable silence filled the room.

“I plan on keeping my promise to Lily. If you want, you may come and live with me.”

“It’s going to take a lot of getting use to.” Harry said while laughing.

He remembered that Lily said that this was their second chance, and he was going to take it.

“I couldn’t of said it better myself.” Snape said with a smile.

This surprised Harry. He had never seen Snape smile before. If Snape acted this way, maybe living with him wouldn’t be so bad.

“I would love to live with you, sir.”

Smiles crept over their faces. The war was over and both men now felt like they had someone to count on and someone who was family.

The End.
End Notes:
One more chapter till the end. Thank you so much for reading and reviewing.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2590