Out of the Mouths of Babes by silver-slytherin65
Summary: snape, harry's adopted father spends a quiet afternoon with little Lilly Luna
Categories: Parental Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Lily Luna
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Family
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe
Takes Place: 8 - Pre Epilogue (adult Harry)
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 492 Read: 3757 Published: 27 Jul 2011 Updated: 28 Jul 2011
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter or The quote at the end

please review, no flames please 

 

1. Out of the Mouths of babes by silver-slytherin65

Out of the Mouths of babes by silver-slytherin65
Author's Notes:
this is based on a similar event that happened to me; it was hilarious.

 

Severus Snape, professor and potions master at Hogwarts school smiled, which was becoming more common these days. His five year old granddaughter Lily Potter was coloring in her coloring book; a gift from her auntie Hermione it was the holiday season and he was spending the school hiatus with his adopted son Harry and his family. The former spy found that during these holiday breaks from teaching he liked the company of loved ones much better then being alone.

"see Granddad, my dragon is pretty" she showed the picture of a dragon sitting on top of a castle to Snape."very nice, I don't believe I have ever seen a purple dragon before."

The child sat on the floor, her book and crayons resting on a low table; Severus was sitting in an overstuffed chair behind her."what color should the dragon's fire be?" he asked.

Lily thought a moment and handed Snape a crayon."green!" she stated and Severus smirked; at least the colors went together he started coloring in the purple dragon's flame;Lily looking on.

Harry walked into his living room and smiled, professor Snape had come a long way since that fateful day when Hermione and Madame Pomfrey saved his life those many years ago. Scenes like the one before him always brought a smile to his face.

"Daddy!" his daughter exclaimed when she saw her father."hey there, squirt, What are you and Grandpa doing?" the grey haired wizard scowled at the younger man. Harry knew that Severus hated being called grandpa, preferring the name granddad instead. Harry did it just to annoy him.

"we coloring daddy, what are you doing with that potion?" lilly pointed at the vial in his hand.

"your mama wants me to take care of the snails in her garden before she gets home.."The child's face scrunched up as she realized what Harry was going to do. Severus leaned back in his chair and gave Harry a bemused smile; Lilly on the other hand gave her father a very grown up look.

"daddy, snails have eyes and they can see what you wanna do to them." at this matter of fact statement Severus laughed so hard he practically had tears in his dark eyes. Harry shot Snape a glare that could have rivaled any the older wizard had ever given him. He knelt down and looked at his youngest. "you are to smart for your own good, my princess, I will not hurt the snails."

Harry's father was chuckling softly now, he spoke to the girl. "why don't you go upstairs and show James and Albus your beautiful dragon, little one."

Lily nodded and picking up her coloring book ran upstairs to show her brothers. Harry watched his daughter leave the room then sat in a chair near Severus."stop smiling like that, old man."

"out of the mouths of babes" Snape quoted and started laughing again ; Harry joining him.

The End.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2623