Green Filters by Delphin
Summary: A suspicion leads to a string of events all but one person could never see coming.
Categories: Parental Snape, Teacher Snape > Professor Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco, Luna, Neville, Pomfrey
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Drama, Family, Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe, Slytherin!Harry, Snape-meets-Dursleys
Takes Place: None
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Alcohol Use, Character Bashing, Profanity, Romance/Slash, Self-harm, Suicide Themes
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 14 Completed: Yes Word count: 12110 Read: 118462 Published: 29 Jul 2011 Updated: 05 Nov 2011
Chapter 6 -- Severus by Delphin

There was something about the familiar chill of the dungeons that made him relax immensely, un-tensing his shoulders and sighing out all the impossibilities that had floated around him for what seemed like forever. There was no possible way he could be Harry’s father.

The Headmaster had not just confronted Severus about thinking about the first ever re-Sorting- “Just to check, my boy”.

Harry would never be in Slytherin; if anything the Hat would blow some sort of fuse trying to figure out where the boy belonged now.

Yes, that was it. Severus was safe, down in his safe dungeon there would be no possible future of split loyalties; he could appear to hate Potter as long as was necessary.

But Severus knew that was a lie. He’d already slipped up so many times! Just at the possibility of Harry being his son. But even the idea of turning the boy into one of his Snakes, gave Severus the jitters. He had started slipping away regularly in classes when he had Minerva’s Lions. Harry was amongst them and Severus had already seen so many things that further proved his suspisio- No! STOP!

There was no way… and he wasn’t going to get his hopes up about it. Harry was not his son, had never been his son, and would never be his son, there was just no possible way.

It wasn’t possible. The one night he had spent with Lily so long ago hadn’t actually happened. She had not gotten pregnant with his son. She had gone home to Potter the very next morning and they had had made love. Harry James—bloody—Potter was not Severus Snape’s bloody son, and all the gods would have to rampage to change his mind now!

Snape slipped into his classroom behind the final Ravenclaw and strode to the front of the room. Staring out upon his Advanced students he smirked at Daisy Gilt- a Hufflepuff 5th year- and got started on the lesson. He was always so glad he got to teach to at least one set if competent students each year—not that he’d ever let them know it!

The End.
End Notes:
dancingkatz
Dancing cats come form Mars, but this one's from right here on Earth, go show her some love in Review on her story from. :)
*shame* This one is so short, I never realized it. :(
Lobe, Delphin/Emily


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2629