Green Filters by Delphin
Summary: A suspicion leads to a string of events all but one person could never see coming.
Categories: Parental Snape, Teacher Snape > Professor Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco, Luna, Neville, Pomfrey
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Drama, Family, Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe, Slytherin!Harry, Snape-meets-Dursleys
Takes Place: None
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Alcohol Use, Character Bashing, Profanity, Romance/Slash, Self-harm, Suicide Themes
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 14 Completed: Yes Word count: 12110 Read: 118222 Published: 29 Jul 2011 Updated: 05 Nov 2011
Chapter 7 -- Harry by Delphin

 

Herbology was definitely an adventure! From the scandalized looks coming from half way down the workbench, Hermione definitely hadn’t believed that Ron and Harry had had an end-it-all fight. Her eyes widened and then narrowed as she turned to glare at Ron, who instantly started trying to defend himself.

As the argument continued on Draco picked up a berry and grinned at Harry wickedly. It took a moment for Draco’s plan to make its way to Harry’s brain, and by the time he realised what the Slytherin intended, the large juicy berry was already on its way to Ron’s head.

Harry stifled his laughter and continued doing the set class work with Draco, as Ron was rushed off to the hospital wing because he was “allergic” to those particular berries, which Harry highly doubted, since if he was allergic to them, he would have said so at the beginning of class and been excused.

“Harry!” He looked up from patting the soil down in the third planter and turned his gaze from Draco, who was sneering at someone , to Neville who shifted up beside him.

“Hey, Neville. What’s up?” Harry wiped soil from his hands and looked at the quivering boy.

“Not much, but, I was wondering…” Neville trailed off and Harry raised an eyebrow and urged him on, ignoring Draco’s snort of disdain. “Well, I was wondering if you could give me any tips?”

“About…?”

“Well, you see, there’s this person I like, and… well, you’re really the only person that will talk to me… so…anything?” Neville’s voice cracked here and there, but his odd new found confidence made Harry grin.

“Well, it depends what this person is like. But to show any girl.. or guy… that you like them… socialize with them, talk to them, give the your utmost attention when you speak with them. Oh, and if the person likes physical contact, give them plenty, but if not, a touch on the arm once in a while should be enough to start the person receiving your signals.” Harry smiled when Neville thanked him. When the other boy left smiling, he saw that the rest of the greenhouse had cleared out by now and his free period was about to begin.

“How do you know that!?” Draco asked, in an almost scandalized tone as he and Harry started trotting up the small hill up to the castle.

“Well, my Aunt Petunia gave Dudley “the talk” sometime over the past summer, and I listened in a bit when she gave him advice. I tweaked it a bit though, some of the stuff she said was outrageous. You can’t get any sensible person to like you by treating them like scum stuck to the bottom of your runners. Fear isn’t the same as love.”

Draco paused when they got to the Entrance Hall. “I need to go drop my books off.”

Harry nodded and watched the other boy disappear down the stairs to the Slytherin dormitory before sliding up against the wall and opening the secret passage that led to his keep. He backed into the narrow corridor, unaware of the deep blue eyes that watched him.

The End.
End Notes:
One more chapter to upload before I get to start writing them again~~~
Snake-y kisses, Delphin/Emily


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2629