Saving Each Other by HPSSFan
Summary: Harry is making breakfast, and he hears a noise. Severus Snape is laying, beaten and bloody in Harry's backyard. Will Harry try to help him, or will he kill him, seeing as Snape murdered Dumbledore
Categories: Snape Equal Status to Harry > Foes Snape and Harry, Healer Snape, Parental Snape > Guardian Snape, Reverse Roles > Healer Harry Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Albus Severus, Molly, Vernon
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Drama, Family
Media Type: None
Tags: None
Takes Place: 7th summer
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Torture, Violence
Prompts: Battered Snape for Breakfast
Challenges: Battered Snape for Breakfast
Series: None
Chapters: 9 Completed: Yes Word count: 11340 Read: 59013 Published: 31 Aug 2011 Updated: 24 Nov 2011
He's Awake by HPSSFan

Harry followed the directions to the letter for three days, which meant he got very little sleep. Snape was still unconscious, and Harry had to hide him multiple times from the Dursleys. Harry was in need of knowing what happened to Snape. It could possibly help him destroy Voldemort. The latest diagnostic scan showed that Snape was almost healed, so why wasn’t he waking up. Leaning back in his chair, Harry allowed his eyes to close.

 He was so tired, and since he had given Snape his medicine, he could get some sleep. He didn’t know how long he was asleep, but it was a very good sleep. His mind showed him the challenges that awaited him. The remaining Horcruxes, and Voldemort’s face swam through the dreams.

“Potter.” a voice called weakly

Harry’s eyes flew open because he knew what the voice meant. Snape was awake.

“Potter.” He called again, while trying to push himself into a sitting position

“Let me help you sir.” Harry said, scrambling off of the chair.

Surprisingly, Snape took Harry’s help. When Snape was in a more comfortable position, Harry returned to his seat.

“What happened?” Snape asked.

“I was going to ask you that, Professor.”

“Potter, what happened after you broke my nose?”

“You passed out after you stopped me from blasting you to bits. I brought you in and got help. I’ve been nursing you back to health.”

“Where, might I ask, did you get the potions that you healed me with?”

“Molly Weasley gave them to me.”

“Does she know what I told you?”

“Yes she does, but I made her promise not to tell anyone. I didn’t want to, but she made me.”

This surprised Snape, he thought for sure that the boy would go and tell everyone that he knew. Harry attempted to keep Snape’s secret. Why would Harry want to do that? He almost killed the potions master, and now he was protecting him. Something was not right. Snape was angry, but he did not lash out. He should at least reward the Lily’s son for not telling anyone else.

“How long have I been asleep?”

“About three days.”

“And your aunt and uncle….”

“Haven’t noticed. They don’t even know that you are here.” Locks clicked to life as someone was trying to get into Harry’s room. “Stay quiet.” Harry whispered as he threw the cloak over Snape.

Harry turned around, grabbed quill and parchment, and made it look like he was writing a letter. The door flew open, with Vernon Dursley bobbing into the room. Harry wrote on the top of the parchment, ‘Dear Hermione.’

“What are you doing, boy?” Vernon’s voice was filled with contempt and disgust.

“What do you mean?” Harry looked up from the letter.

“What are you doing? Writing to your freaky friends? You should be downstairs making dinner.”

“I will be right down. I need to finish this.” Harry went back to writing the letter.

Vernon grabbed the letter. “Hey, give it back.”

Dursley didn’t give it back. He viciously tore up the letter.

“You can finish it later. Come make dinner now.” Vernon was turning red with anger. “Now, freak.”

“I have to finish something else before I can do that.” Harry began to say, but he was stopped.

He should have seen it coming. Vernon grabbed Harry by the collar and threw his against the wall. Harry’s head whip lashed off the wall as Vernon slapped Harry across the face, a large meaty forearm began cutting off Harry’s air supply.

“You will come down now and make dinner. Do you understand me boy?”

Harry tried to answer, but he didn’t have the power.

“Do you understand me?” Vernon was purple with anger, and he pushed harder on Harry’s windpipe. Harry, who was in need of air, nodded furiously up and down.

“Good.” Vernon growled, and he allowed Harry to collapse to the floor. “Oh, and by the way….” Vernon shouted as he walked out of the room. “No meals for a week.”

Harry sat there coughing for a few moments, thinking about the cruel comments that Snape would have for him when he returned. Harry go up, rubbing his neck and turned to the place where Snape was hidden.

“I will be right back.” Harry growled as he stalked out of the room.

The End.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2652