Saving Each Other by HPSSFan
Summary: Harry is making breakfast, and he hears a noise. Severus Snape is laying, beaten and bloody in Harry's backyard. Will Harry try to help him, or will he kill him, seeing as Snape murdered Dumbledore
Categories: Snape Equal Status to Harry > Foes Snape and Harry, Healer Snape, Parental Snape > Guardian Snape, Reverse Roles > Healer Harry Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Albus Severus, Molly, Vernon
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Drama, Family
Media Type: None
Tags: None
Takes Place: 7th summer
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Torture, Violence
Prompts: Battered Snape for Breakfast
Challenges: Battered Snape for Breakfast
Series: None
Chapters: 9 Completed: Yes Word count: 11340 Read: 59007 Published: 31 Aug 2011 Updated: 24 Nov 2011
The Trial by HPSSFan

     The courtroom was filled. At first, all Harry could see were press. As he took in the scene, he began to recognize people. He could see the Weasleys sitting next to Hermione. There was no doubt in Harry’s mind that Mr. Weasley was going to be questioned. Behind them, members of the Order sat patiently. Lupin, who seemed very tired, talked quietly with Tonks. Mad eye was having a very animated conversation with a man that Harry did not recognize.
         “Harry.” Ron shouted at the sight of his friend.
Everyone around Ron turned and looked at Harry, but there was no acknowledgement from him. He put his head down and turned to his left, sitting amongst strangers. He did not want to sit with people who would pity him. He just needed to be by himself. Looking up, Harry recognized this courtroom. The last time that he had seen it was in a memory, and Igor Karkaroff was on trial for begin a death eater. There were people spread throughout the courtroom that Harry knew. Tom the barman was sitting with Ollivander and Madame Rosemerta. There were numerous Hogwarts professors that Harry knew. Looking up at the Wizengamot, Harry could see Ministry officials, and both sides were being represented. Death eaters and rebellion alike were sitting up there, looking down on everything. Harry turned around at the sound of some one's voice. Rita Skeeter, was interviewing someone about their thoughts on the trial. The sight of her infuriated Harry. She would take the main people of this trial, and twist their words around, making them look weak.

Before she could move on to the next subject, there was a loud knocking noise coming from the Wizengamot, causing the room to go silent.

“The accused is Severus Snape, potions master at Hogwarts School of

Witchcraft and Wizardry.” A man spoke as Snape walked into the room, and was forced into a chair by guards.

“The charges follow as such, Kidnapping of a minor and assault of a minor. How does the accused plead?”

“Not guilty.” Snape boomed powerfully.

Those two words began a hour of questioning. Everything that Snape told them was entirely the truth. There had been some gasps when Snape had mentioned Harry’s aunt and uncle.
    “So you took the boy because he was being abused by his guardians?”
     “Yes.”
     “Did you inform anyone about what was happening to the boy?”
     “I informed Arthur Weasley about the abuse, but no one in the Ministry believed him. I believed it was in Harry Potter’s best interest that I remove him from his guardians.”
       Those in charge let that thought sink in before calling Mr. Wealsey to the stand. For fifteen minutes, he was questioned about Snape’s information, his check on Harry, and what he did when he first realized that Harry was missing. Wizengamot had also questioned Lupin, Mad eye, and other Ministry officials who were there when Snape was arrested. Questioning had already gone on for about two hours, and it was just about to get longer.
       “The next witness will be Harry Potter.”
Harry stood up and slowly made his way to the chair in the middle of the room. On his way there, he made eye contact with Snape, who had been moved to another chair near the entrance of the courtroom. Snape gave Harry a curt nod. The message was clear, “Tell the truth.” Harry sat down, laying his crutches on the floor. He had once sat here, but he still felt that same pressure. He took a deep breath, and looked up. It was time for everyone to hear the truth.


“Harry James Potter, can you explain to us what happened when Severus Snape appeared in your back yard?”

“He was badly hurt, so I took him in and healed him.”

“So you willingly brought a death eater into your house?”

“I did, but ….”

“Did Mr. Snape ever see your guardians abuse you?”

“He did.”

“Did he do anything to stop it?”

“I would not allow him to. My guardians did not know that he was there, and it would of only brought more harm to myself and him.”

“Did Mr. Snape cause you to break your ankle?”

“No....”

“Did he....”

“Can you please let me speak?” Harry yelled, catching the attention of everyone in the room.

“Very well, Mr. Potter. You may speak.”

“I brought Professor Snape into my house because I knew that he would not hurt me. I would like to believe that he came to my house because he trusted me to do the right thing. If he trusted me that much, then I had to trust that he would not hurt me. When he learned what my guardians did to me, he actually listened. Then when no one at the Ministry believed Mr.Weasley, Professor Snape brought me to a hospital, and he allowed me to stay with him. He kept me away from danger. He did what the Ministry couldn’t do, which was making sure that the one person who could win this war was kept safe!” Harry couldn’t help but to say those things.

“So Mr. Snape took you from your house, and you went willingly.”

“Yes, Professor Snape got me the help that my guardians wouldn’t give me, and he gave me a safe place.”

“You don’t feel like you were taken against your will?”

“No. Professor Snape was doing the right thing.”
“And you don’t feel that Mr.Snape was wrong in the actions that he took?”

“No.”

“Very well. Does anyone have any other questions?” The man said, looking at the others sitting around him. When no one spoke up, he turned back to Harry. “Thank you Mr.Potter.”

Harry got up and began to walk back to his seat, making eye contact with Snape on the way, who gave him an approving nod.

“Will the accused please come forward.”

Snape stood and walked toward the front of the room.

“Mr. Severus Snape, do you have any other words before we go into the vote?”

Snape just stood there silently.

“Very well, All votes for conviction.”

The breath was caught in Harry’s chest, and his heart raced. Hands went up. Harry began to panic. Were there enough hands for Snape to go to jail?

“All in favor of dropping all charges against Severus Snape.”

There were almost the same number of hands that went up. Harry could see Snape begin to sweat, and Harry was doing the exact same thing. Harry began to tap his finger on this leg. The nervousness was engulfing Harry, and he was sure that if their decision wasn’t going to be said soon, he would explode.

“Very well. Severus Snape, you have been cleared of all charges.”

The End.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2652