Saving Each Other by HPSSFan
Summary: Harry is making breakfast, and he hears a noise. Severus Snape is laying, beaten and bloody in Harry's backyard. Will Harry try to help him, or will he kill him, seeing as Snape murdered Dumbledore
Categories: Snape Equal Status to Harry > Foes Snape and Harry, Healer Snape, Parental Snape > Guardian Snape, Reverse Roles > Healer Harry Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Albus Severus, Molly, Vernon
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Drama, Family
Media Type: None
Tags: None
Takes Place: 7th summer
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Torture, Violence
Prompts: Battered Snape for Breakfast
Challenges: Battered Snape for Breakfast
Series: None
Chapters: 9 Completed: Yes Word count: 11340 Read: 58987 Published: 31 Aug 2011 Updated: 24 Nov 2011
Second Chances by HPSSFan
Author's Notes:
Hey guys, well this is the end. I hope you have enjoyed the story. Please review when you are done and tell me what you thought of this story.

Harry jumped up as Snape ran up to him.

“See, I told you there was nothing to worry about.” Snape reminded him.

Harry, in response, wrapped his arms around Snape. A man unlocked the chains around Snape’s wrists, allowing Snape to hug Harry back. Snape’s response surprised Harry, but he was so happy that he didn’t bother to think about it. When Snape and Harry released their embrace, a man appeared beside Snape.

“If you will follow me. We have a few things to discuss.” he said.

The courthouse had almost cleared out, with the exception of members of the Order and Rita Skeeter. Harry and Snape followed the man out of the courtroom and into an office near the room. Inside the office, was a large table where Mr. and Mrs. Weasley, along with Kingsley, Mad Eye, Lupin and Tonks were sitting. Harry took a seat on one side of the table next to Snape.

“Oh my, where to begin.” The man began. “Well first of all, congratulations Mr. Snape on your new found freedom.” Snape nodded in thanks. “Now there is an issue that need to be resolved. Mr. Potter, I am not sure if you know this, but your Aunt and Uncle were arrested two weeks ago for child abuse. It seems that they felt so guilty about what they had done, they called Child Protective Services on themselves. Your Cousin, seeing that he is of age, is now living on his own. The only question that needs to be answered is who shall you be living with?”

Harry had stopped listening after the man said that his Aunt and Uncle had been arrested. Harry would never have to deal with the Dursleys ever again. He was not paying attention when the man asked everyone present who was best fit to be his guardian. Snape was listening, but inside he was jumping for joy. He had put those monsters away for a long time. Looking at Harry, Snape could see that he seemed distracted. He placed a hand on his arm to get the boy’s attention.

“Are you okay?” Snape whispered.

“Yeah, I’m fine.” Harry responded.

“Do you have any opinions Mr. Snape?” The man asked.

“Truthfully, I believe that none of us here have a right to tell Harry who he should live with. He is almost of age, and I believe that this is a life changing decision that he should make for himself.”

“That is very wise, Mr.Snape. Harry seeing as Mr. Snape has told us that you are mature enough to make this decision, I shall have to ask you. Right now you have two options. The Weasleys will be glad to take you in, or if you have a different plan you can make that decision.” Harry sat there for a minute, thinking about his choices. “You can take as long as you need.” The man added.

“No, I think I have made my decision. If it is alright……” Harry turned to Snape. “I would like to come and live with you, Professor.”

“Are you sure?” Snape questioned.

“Yes, I am sure.” Harry turned to Mrs. Weasley. “I’m sorry Mrs. Weasley, but I feel that living with Professor Snape is the best choice at this time.”

“Harry, your happiness is what is important to me. If you are happy with Professor Snape, then I support your decision.” She told him.

“Professor Snape made me feel safe and he’s helped me a lot. I think that this is the right choice.” Harry told the man leading this meeting.

“Are you alright with that decision, Mr.Snape?”

Harry looked at Snape, who was still shocked from what Harry was asking.

“Yes…Yes I am fine with this decision.”

“Harry Potter, your new guardian is Professor Severus Snape.”


LATER THAT DAY

“Thank you for allowing me to stay in your home, Mr. and Mrs. Noring.”

“You are very welcome Harry. We are glad that you have found a new guardian.” Harry had gone back with Snape to gather his belongings from his foster home. “You have a very good boy here, sir.” Mrs. Noring told Snape. “Treat him well.”

“Don’t worry, I will. Are you ready to go, Harry?” Snape questioned.

“Yes, sir.”

Mrs. Noring gave Harry a hug before he left her house. Harry was now going to live with a man who a month ago, he would have killed. Both Snape and Harry now had what they wanted. A second chance and a new family. Harry looked up at Snape, who smiled back at him. Harry was ready to go home.

The End.
End Notes:
I hope you enjoyed it. Please review.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2652