Second Chances by Severus Draconis Potter
Summary: 153 years old, long after the defeat of the greatest Dark lord of all times, Harry Potter divorcee is alone and depressed. Contemplating suicide his familiar finds a way for him to go back and fix what he regrets not doing the first place.
Categories: Healer Snape, Teacher Snape > Trusted Mentor Snape, Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco, Dumbledore, Hedwig, Pomfrey, Remus, Sirius, Voldemort
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Family, Humor, Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: Adoption, Alternate Universe, Deaging, Resorting, Slytherin!Harry, Snape-meets-Dursleys, SuperPower! Harry, Time Travel
Takes Place: 1st summer before Hogwarts, 1st Year
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 18 Completed: Yes Word count: 57092 Read: 155901 Published: 09 Nov 2011 Updated: 22 Nov 2012
Chapter 15: Return of the Sorcerors Stone by Severus Draconis Potter
Author's Notes:
Happy new Year everyone first off let me just apologize for the month long update. Real life got in the way,long story short, you arent allowed laptops in the hospital, and I was stuck there for a bit and I couldnt update, anything.

Sorry I'll try to get back my consistency with my stories, but I have a ton of things going on,and fanfic has taken a back seat. It may take me a month, but I will NEVER abandoned my stories, I promise guys.

“Did you have permission to chase after the snitch Harry?” Severus asked quietly.

“No sir, I didn’t,” Harry softly replied.

“I see,” Severus said before standing up and walking out of the room.

It wouldn’t do either of them any good if he lost his temper and disciplined the child out of anger. He knew how damaging that could be to a child, having experienced it many times in his own childhood, form his father.      

      Walking back to the living room he was happy to note that Black was still asleep. Severus had no doubt in his mind, that he would defend Harry’s actions even though he knew the child was in the wrong. He knew he was better off discussing this with the wolf, not to mention he still needed to find out what Harry spoke to Albus about.

“That bad huh,” Remus said grimacing.

“He wasn’t paying attention and he knocked her off her broom. He’s right, this is completely his fault. I have no idea what I’m going to do to him,” Severus said before sitting on the couch.        

    When Severus left the room, Harry didn’t know what the man was going to do, but he knew that he was going to have to step it up. For one he wasn’t acting like an adult, he kept letting his 11 year old mind gain control because he never had the chance to be a child his first time around. He shook his head; he came back here for a reason, and it wasn’t to play.       

      He knew that Severus was angry with him, and he had every right to be, truth be told he was furious with himself. He glanced at the clock happy to see that his first class hadn’t even started yet. He knew after yesterday that Snape wasn’t going to want him missing classes, and he would use that to his advantage. Quickly getting dressed and washed he grabbed his backpack and very quietly started to head to the front door. He knew that Remus heard him, but he didn’t say anything to Snape who still had his back to Harry.       

      His first class that day was DADA and he knew that Quirrel would be going for the stone in about 2 months. If he was about to be grounded or something he wouldn’t have a chance to get it. Looking at his watch, he saw that it was still breakfast and deciding to skip it today he headed to the 3rd floor corridor. By the time he got to McGonagall’s test he knew he was definitely going to be late for class, but he knew that Quirrel wouldn’t mind like all the other teachers. Quickly bypassing Severus’s test, he found himself standing in front of the Mirror of Erised.         

   Harry took a deep breath before he opened his eyes, and saw his family. He put his hands on the mirror wanting to be there with his children and their kids. The image faded to the front where he saw his parents smiling at him, before they showed who was next to them. Sirius and Severus and Remus were standing side by side each other, with none of the hostilities present.

 This was what he really wanted everyone to be happy, where he had all his family. He would fight harder than he ever did this time to make sure, then when the war was over every single one of his friends and family would live. He would rather die himself than feel the pain of their loss over again.         

   The tears were rolling down his face as he continued looking at the image in front of him.“I miss you,” he whispered tearfully as he looked at his parents and children.Harry cleared his throat before wiping his tears away; he backed away from the mirror so the image could fade away.

When his shields were up he looked back in front, and he focused on what he thought of last time. To find the stone and protect it, but not keep it, he could care less about immortality. He opened his eyes again and saw his mirror image wink at him before showing him the stone and putting it in his mirror pocket. Just like that he felt the weight of it in his left pocket and he smiled widely. Now he didn’t have to worry about Quirrel somehow winding up with the stone.

He was going to send it back to Nickolas Flamel, after all the man and his wife had kept it for 600 years with no problem. He shook his head that had never made sense to him the first time around, if anything it sounded like a plan from Albus Dumbledore. Harry sighed as he looked at the clock, he was 23 minutes late for class, and he took the stone and put it in his pouch before securing it back around his neck.

He walked out another secret entrance before heading to DADA. Once he arrived he entered the classroom basically unnoticed before choosing a seat in the back.He sighed loudly before laying his head on his desk; this class was even more horrible the first time around. How in the heck did Dumbledore not notice anything was wrong with his Professor? When the class ended he more or less ran to his common room, needing to write a letter to Nickolas Flamel as soon as possible. He hated having an item so valuable hanging from his neck, with only a few spells put in place to prevent someone from taking it.

 He wrote the letter quickly knowing that he was going to be late for lunch, and hoping that Severus didn’t notice a thing, which he knew wasn’t at all possible given the anger on the man when he left. He gave the letter to Hedwig before heading towards the great Hall, not at all hungry.When he entered the hall, he immediately felt Snape’s dark gaze on him. It felt like his stare was trying to burn a whole through the back of his head.

 Finally when it got too much to keep ignoring him he turned around and wished he hadn’t. The look he got from the Slytherin and he knew at once that he was in deep trouble.  Harry sighed loudly ignoring his classmates look as he tried to eat his now tasteless food.

The End.
End Notes:
Review, I guess if you want, they make me feel better at least.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2689