Second Chances by Severus Draconis Potter
Summary: 153 years old, long after the defeat of the greatest Dark lord of all times, Harry Potter divorcee is alone and depressed. Contemplating suicide his familiar finds a way for him to go back and fix what he regrets not doing the first place.
Categories: Healer Snape, Teacher Snape > Trusted Mentor Snape, Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco, Dumbledore, Hedwig, Pomfrey, Remus, Sirius, Voldemort
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Family, Humor, Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: Adoption, Alternate Universe, Deaging, Resorting, Slytherin!Harry, Snape-meets-Dursleys, SuperPower! Harry, Time Travel
Takes Place: 1st summer before Hogwarts, 1st Year
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 18 Completed: Yes Word count: 57092 Read: 155908 Published: 09 Nov 2011 Updated: 22 Nov 2012
Chapter 16: Return of Voldemort by Severus Draconis Potter
Author's Notes:
I havent felt like writing it this story..and I know..way overdue for an update and here it is. I hope you guys like it.

I tried to describe the bond beetween the boys, which you will hear more about when they all have a talk.

Severus frowned at the back of Harry's head until the small boy turned around and winced. He smirked before standing up keeping his gaze the entire time. Severus made his way over to the Gryffindor table.

"Mr. Potter, my office now,” was all Severus said before walking out the great hall.
"Tough break mate," Neville said softly, as Ron and Draco were still in the infirmary.

Harry sighed knowing he was in for got up and followed his godfather out the hall. Once he was in the corridor he startled as Snape appeared next to him. The man didn’t say anything he just grabbed a hold of Harry's left ear and started walking.

"What the heck Snape? Lemme go, oww owwie," Harry whimpered as they were quickly led to their quarters.

“What did I say about calling me by my surname? You are not my equal Potter,” Severus said sternly as headed into the dungeons.

In the back of his mind Harry knew he was in some deep trouble. He idly wondered if this would have happened before if he had a caring guardian. He was brought out of his thoughts when the temperature changed. They were inside, and he gulped silently.
 
"Take a seat," Severus said pulling up his own chair to talk to his godson.
 

Harry wordlessly sat down on the couch, and found himself squirming under the dark gaze he was receiving. 

"What were you thinking?" Severus quietly asked.

"I wasn’t," was Harry's blunt reply which he could see threw Snape for a loop.

"Of course you weren’t, aren’t you supposed to be in Ravenclaw and not a bloody Gryffindor?" Severus said his tone taking a dangerous turn.

 "I made a mistake you hypocrite, kids do that all the time you should know." Harry said angrily, staring back at his godfather. His emotions were all over the place, and he couldn’t figure out who the hell he was mad at.

"What’s that supposed to mean?" Severus eyes narrowed, not liking the tone at all, nor did he appreciate being called a hypocrite by and 11 year old.

"As if you didn’t know, what did you call mum in your 5th year?" Harry asked pointedly.

"Who told you about that? Was it black or Lupin?" Severus asked his eyes flashing dangerously, as he thought of ways to get the offender back.

"Neither, I’m done here." Harry said flatly, he didn’t want to hear Snape preach something the older man didn’t even believe in himself.

 "We’re not through talking," Severus said eyes narrowing in anger.

"I am," Harry said calmly trying to walk around him, though inside he was anything but calm.

"Well I’m not and I’m the adult and I say we’re going to finish this." Severus said grabbing Harry's arm, to let him know he was going nowhere.

"Let go of me, you bloody hypocrite," Harry lashed out. He wasn’t angry with Snape but because of his own stupidity.

"Either calm yourself Harry or I will do it for you." Severus said sternly, ignoring the language for the moment.

"I hate you, let go of my arm!” Harry yelled as he struggled against his guardian to see if he would release him.

 "Enough!" Severus says spinning him around and giving him a firm smack on his backside.
 

Harry froze at the hit, it didn’t necessarily hurt just shocked him and to his horror his eyes filled with tears. That only made his fight for freedom more urgent.
 
"Put me down, stop!" He yelled, unaware that he would have made Dudley proud with the tantrum he was throwing.

“I’m not hurting you in anyway, now what has gotten into you?” Severus asked his lips thinned as he struggled to keep his temper in check. 

“Unhand me you greasy git, I hate you, I hate you.” Harry screamed loudly.

"Harry James Potter that is quite enough," Severus said firmly before taking his seat and laying Harry across his lap. He didn’t know what gotten into the child but he would find out.
 
Harry laid bonelessy in his godfather's lap, his tears falling continually as he couldn’t stop them. He gripped the sides of the man’s pants, and sobbed.
 

"Harry child, can you tell me what’s wrong?" Severus asked softly picking the boy up and setting his head on his shoulder. 

“I’m so stupid,” Harry finally gasped out.

“No you just weren’t thinking, calm yourself child. There’s no need to get so worked up,” Severus said calmly, though inside he was alarmed. He hated how children’s emotions tended to be, one moment Harry was angry and the next he was crying as if someone had died.

“I’m sorry,” Harry whimpered trying to rein in his emotions. He tried to block them with his shields, but it seemed like his body was ignoring that part and this was long overdue.

“It’s alright child,” Severus said soothingly.

“Are you going to spank me?” Harry asked, his face buried into the man’s shoulder as he inwardly cringed as he remembered his tantrum.

“Do you think I should?” Severus asked carefully.

“I don’t know you’re the dad, not me.” Harry said sniffling softly, oblivious of his slip up.

Severus for his part stiffened for a moment before he recovered over hearing those words coming from Harry’s mouth.

“I think you have punished yourself enough, but know that if you ever use that kind of language again; Merlin help you.” Severus warned.

“Yes sir,” Harry replied quietly.

“Now, do you want to tell me how you know about what happened in my 5th year or will I be forced to assume that Black did indeed tell you?” Severus asked suspiciously.

“Sirius didn’t tell me sir, I swear it. I saw it in a pensive.” Harry said quickly, before he could stop himself. He could have kicked himself, how the heck was he supposed to get out of this now?

“And where exactly did you get a pensive from? Let alone, whose memory was it?” Severus asked his dangerous tone back.

“Mum’s memory,” Harry blurted out, hoping he could make this lie plausible.

“Lily’s and I’m going to assume that the pensive is in that pouch right?” Severus asked quietly.

“Yes sir,” Harry said softly, freezing as he felt him get turned around and settled on the man’s lap. He would have blushed, only he actually felt very safe and he didn’t mind in the slightest.

“What else is in that pouch child?” Severus asked, his eyes calculating.

“Just stuff,” Harry answered as he leaned back again.

Severus didn’t bother replying to that. He knew that whatever was in there was more than just stuff. Whatever it was, he didn’t know what this meant for any of them but he was going to find out.

~*~*~*~*~

The next day found Harry and his friends in DADA discussing types of shields you can use in battle. Hermione was fine and was sitting with them, though Draco kept giving Harry these wary looks. He ignored them, knowing he deserved it. He sighed softly as Quirrel stuttered his way through another lesson, and he made sure his shields were up as he felt someone prodding into his mind. He could see the widening of the man’s eyes as he realized Harry was aware of what he was doing. Harry gave a cheeky smirk before turning to his desk.

“Mr. Potter stay after class,” Quirrel said sternly.

“What did you do Harry?” Ron asked in confusion.

“Nothing,” Harry replied softly before turning back to his work.

When the bell rang signaling the end of class, Harry was a bit worried but he was sure that he could handle it, or so he thought. As the last person exited the classroom, Harry heard the door close and lock; before strong privacy charms were placed.

“What are you doing sir?” He asked curiously, though inside his heart was pounding. Yes he beat Voldemort already, but not until he was 17. He realized he could probably touch Quirrel and he would burn up again.

“How do you know Occulmency?” Quirrel asked his voice deep and without a hint of the stutter.

“That’s none of your business Professor,” Harry said his hand gripping his wand under his sleeve.

“Oh I disagree with you Mr. Potter, an 11 year old boy should not be able to shield his mind to the extent that you can,” Quirrel said conversationally.

“What do you want to talk about?” Harry said annoyed at the moment.

“My master wishes to speak with you,” Quirrel said a dark glint in his eyes.

“What if I don’t want to speak with your master?” Harry asked quietly.

“You don’t have a choice, you will listen one way or the other.” Quirrel said, the glint now shimmering with a red, which Harry knew exactly what that meant.

Harry gazed at the man eyes wide in fear, this couldn’t be good. The minute he heard the man’s next words he knew he was correct in his assessment.

“Crucio”

~*~*~*~*~*

Draco frowned as he waited outside the DADA classroom with Ron, since Hermione had gone to the library. She was fine, and though Draco wanted to go with her, he had a bad feeling that something wasn’t right. He was in the middle of talking to Ron about playing Quidditch next year when the back of his brain was suddenly filled with fear. It wasn’t the normal fear, this feeling was so intense it had Draco looking around in paranoia.

 Harry had said that whatever happened on the train that day, gave them the ability to feel each other emotions and eventually would be able to speak telepathetically. He turned his gaze towards the red head whose face was identical to his own he was sure. Was Harry in trouble? Draco reached out to open the door to find it spelled locked, with a charm that he had known his father to use when he didn’t want Draco to open something.

Why would Professor Quirrel need to do that if he only wanted to talk? He was just about to ask Ron what he thought when the Harry part of his brain was suddenly screaming out in pain. Harry was hurt, and they couldn’t get to him. The pain was so intense it had Draco on his knees his eyes sparkling with unshed tears.

“Ron, get your head of house now!” Draco said as he staggered to his feet, looking through his blurred eyes to gaze into his friends pained ones. He leaned against the wall, as he recognized the dark curse that was hitting Harry.

Ron nodded before taking off as fast as he could despite the pain toward the Great hall. It was nearing dinner, and he knew that McGonagall would be there at least. As he was running his vision blurred and he gasped on air, feeling like stabbing pain was going throughout his body. What was going on? He stumbled and would have fallen had someone not caught him. He found himself gazing into the intense black eyes of his potions Professor, who was looking at him in concern.

“Mr. Weasely, are you alright?” Severus asked looking at the boy worriedly.

“Harry, something’s wrong with Harry. Draco can’t open the door.” Ron gasped out before falling to the floor as the curse over took him. His body convulsed on the floor, and he screamed loudly unable to do anything else.

“Albus!” Severus yelled as he stared at the child on the floor in horror. Severus was familiar with the curse that the boy was currently under. The question was, who was casting it, and what did Draco and Harry have to do with this?

“Severus what is the…” Albus trailed off as he looked at the boy on the floor, his body finally still. His hands were still twitching and he sent a patronus to Poppy to let her know she would be getting patients.

“What has happened Ron? Where are Harry and Draco?” Severus asked, his heart clenching into his throat.

“DADA, Professor Quirrel wanted to talk to Harry,” Ron rasped out, before his eyes rolled to the back of his head and he succumbed to the darkness.

“I told you,” Severus said glaring at his employer before he suddenly took off down the corridor, without a backwards glance. His godson and snake were in trouble!

~*~*~*~*~

As Harry rested on his knees, he winced angering Voldemort was still the stupidest idea in the world. He had gotten a crucio for his troubles too. He slowly stood up and looked at the crazy man in front of him.

“You’ll never get it,” Harry taunted. He had no idea how the man knew he had the stone, but Harry would die then allow the evil man to have it.

“Oh I think I will Mr. Potter,” Voldemort hissed out. “Lacero,” he said throwing a cutting curse at the boy.

Harry gasped as warmth poured from his stomach, blood staining the front of his robe and his shirt, and his hand as he applied pressure to it. He had a deep gash in the middle of his stomach and he couldn’t do anything about it.

“I dare say this was too easy Potter. I would have thought the old fool would have caught on by now,” Voldemort said with a gloating tone.

Harry was on his knees, getting weak from the blood loss. “You’ll lose.” Harry couldn’t help but say.

“Wrong Potter, you lose.” He replied, bending down to taunt him.

Harry took that opportunity to reach up with the last of his strength and press his hands against the man’s face. He felt like his own skin was getting burned off and he screamed but he kept it on. He could hear the man’s screaming trying to get him off of him but he couldn’t. Harry wasn’t sure where time had gone, thought he faintly heard someone call his name. He didn’t have the strength to think who it was before he closed his eyes.

~*~*~*~

 “Harry!” Draco screamed as he pounded on the door. He could feel a burning pain, and he couldn’t do a damn thing to help him. He sobbed loudly as he hit the door, feeling completely helpless. Where the hell was Ron? The corner of his brain that was reserved for Ron was gone, what did that mean? He swallowed a sob turning around as he heard footsteps, sighing in relief as he saw his head of house.

“Are you alright Dragon?” Severus asked, wondering where Harry was.

“I’m fine, but Harry isn’t,” Draco said faintly. “He’s in there, I can’t get in.” he said collapsing on the floor. Why was he feeling so weak? What was going on?

Severus nodded before easily breaking through the locking charm and opening the door. His eyes widened comically as he looked at the scene before him. Quirrel’s body was turning to ash or something right in front of his eyes. He could see Harry lying on the floor, away from the man bleeding and unmoving.

Before he could think to check on him, he was aware of an incredible pain in his left arm that had him kneeling before he thought about it. He shivered as he heard the angry tones of parseltongue, before looking up and seeing the spirit of the Dark Lord. He stayed quiet as the spirit looked around the classroom.

“Severus, my most faithful servant,” Voldemort said happily as he needed a body to inhabit and the man across from him would do quite nicely. But before he could even think of moving towards him he saw a flash of light coming his way.

“Nooo,” he yelled barely dodging the spell before taking off out the window. He would get his revenge on the old man, but for now, it wasn’t safe for him.

“Severus, are you alright m’boy?” Albus asked rushing towards his side.

“I’m fine, but Draco and Harry are not,” he said quickly rushing towards his godson’s side.

He healed the wound in his stomach, but Harry was so cold. He had lost so much blood, and he found himself chocking on a lump in his throat. He could not and would not lose him like he lost Lily. Severus took out a vial of blood replenishing potion and coaxed it into the boy’s throat, helping him swallow. He picked up his godson with ease before turning to Albus.

“Get Draco,” he said firmly before flooing to the infirmary. “Poppy!” He yelled loudly as he looked at the much to still form of the child in his arms. Harry would live, he had to believe that or he wouldn’t survive.

“Lay him on the bed Severus,” Poppy said as she came bustling over towards them after tending to Ron. She shook her head, wondering who had put the boy under crucio.

Severus placed Harry in the bed and stepped back, allowing her space to work. She was in the middle of spelling a diagnostic charm on him when the floo flared and Albus came through with Draco.

“Who did this to the children?” She asked, horrified as she gestured for Dumbledore to lay Draco down as well.

“Voldemort was possessing Quirrel,” Albus said quietly.

Severus hissed softly, but he glared at the man. He had told him numerous times, and he had been brushed off. And now his family had been hurt, he didn’t even know what to think when Black and Lupin would find out. He did not envy the headmaster in the slightest. Severus turned back towards Harry’s bed and was startled to see him pulled as if by a magnetic force towards Draco. He looked towards Ron and found he was doing the same thing.

“Poppy, what the hell is going on?” Severus asked quietly as they all stared at them.

“They’re connected, but I have no idea how. Their bond is strong and is developing even as we speak,” She said softly not moving from where she was. This was a rare kind of magic, and though she was curious to know just how this came about she knew not to go any closer. The magic around the boys would protect them, until the boys themselves were awake and able to do it on their own.

They watched as Harry and Ron ended up on the two beds next to Draco on each side before the beds were suddenly pushed together. Nothing was said for a moment as they stared at the unconscious boys on the bed in shock. Severus watched as Albus walked towards them, what the man was doing was anybody’s guess.

“Albus no,” Poppy called out, when she realized he was getting to close.

Her warning was too late as a white light suddenly had him flying into the wall. Severus was too much in shock to do anything else but stare at the scene in front of him

“Are they going to be ok? How are you going to heal them?” He asked as an invisible barrier was more or less around them.

“They will heal themselves; they’ll be fine Severus I promise.” Poppy said before going over to attend to the Headmaster.

“I hope so Poppy, I hope so,” Severus said softly, as he took a seat the closest he could to them with getting pushed back.

The End.
End Notes:
Hope you guys liked it


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2689