Second Chances by Severus Draconis Potter
Summary: 153 years old, long after the defeat of the greatest Dark lord of all times, Harry Potter divorcee is alone and depressed. Contemplating suicide his familiar finds a way for him to go back and fix what he regrets not doing the first place.
Categories: Healer Snape, Teacher Snape > Trusted Mentor Snape, Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco, Dumbledore, Hedwig, Pomfrey, Remus, Sirius, Voldemort
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Family, Humor, Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: Adoption, Alternate Universe, Deaging, Resorting, Slytherin!Harry, Snape-meets-Dursleys, SuperPower! Harry, Time Travel
Takes Place: 1st summer before Hogwarts, 1st Year
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 18 Completed: Yes Word count: 57092 Read: 155905 Published: 09 Nov 2011 Updated: 22 Nov 2012
Chapter 3: Return of Severus Snape by Severus Draconis Potter
Author's Notes:
This is the 'Lost' chapter, I didn't know it was missing until I was rereading it for missed mistakes, I hope you enjoy the return of Snape

As Snape entered the house Harry knew what he needed to do to make this work, he didn’t want to Snape to hate him just because he looked like James like the last time. He was thankful that his hair had red highlights in them and making sure that his green eyes were large and innocent he whispered to Snape.

“Uncle Severus, is that you?”         

   The look of shock on Snape’s face was priceless and Harry had to bite the inside of his cheeks to keep from laughing. Snape scowled as Harry knew he would before answering;

“I am not your Uncle Potter; I am a Professor as Hogwarts. Furthermore how did you even know my name?”He demanded, he was annoyed that he had to be here and wanted to know how the brat knew his name.           

 Before he could answer Vernon came through the doorway and Harry made himself cringe and flinch away, instantly noticing out the corner of his eye how Snape tensed at his reaction. Good he thought, the sooner he could get out of here the better. Snape was always known as the teacher who helped kids from difficult backgrounds, he just couldn’t go the first time around because of his teacher’s blatant hatred of him.

“Who is this man, boy?” Vernon ordered.           

 Harry’s head was down and his shoulder’s were shaking from repressed laughter, only Vernon and Snape thought he was crying. He was struggling to keep them silent, and didn’t see what happened next.

“Well answer me freak, before I show you what’s good for you!” Vernon yelled impatiently.           

 When Vernon had grabbed Harry’s shoulder trying to get a response he instinctively put his arm up to shield his face and that’s when Snape had finally had enough.

“My name is Professor Snape; I am a teacher at Hogwarts. Hogwarts is the school where your nephew will be attending; I’m here because he required assistance."

“Oh no he won’t, he will not be going to a freak school. I’m not paying for that.”

“You aren’t required to pay; his tuition has been paid in full since he was born. There is nothing that you can do, he will be going.”

“I’m his legal guardian, and I won’t allow him to go. There is nothing you can do; I just knew you were a freak like him.”           

 Harry didn’t know what Snape’s answer was because he left the room. He had never been a fan of yelling, and he retreated to his cupboard ignoring the shocked expressions of his cousin and Aunt. He sat down and made sure he had everything before he quickly pulled his legs up into a defensive position, when his cupboard opened to reveal a disgruntled Snape.

“Hi, am I allowed to go Uncle… I mean sir?” Harry whispered.

Snape said nothing he just stuck his hand out hesitantly for Harry to grab, which he did and was prepared to leave when his teacher stuck his head in his cupboard and looked around. With a frown on his face they finally left the Dursely house. They started walking down the street in silence, leaving Harry to ponder all that happened. When they were a block from the Dursely house, Snape finally spoke up.

“Why were you in the Cupboard?” Snape asked softly.

“It’s my room,” Harry replied innocently.

“You mean to tell me that you sleep there?” Snape said, his frown turning into a scowl.

“Yes, where else am I supposed to sleep?” Harry replied annoyed.

Much as Harry wanted to trust Snape he wouldn’t tell him about the cupboard, it was unimportant and he didn’t need to know. Thankfully he seemed to get the hint that Harry didn’t want to talk about it.

“Watch the tone Potter; I didn’t know that which is why I was asking.” Snape said getting irritated.           

 Harry not wanting an irritated potion’s Master on his hands especially knowing how he could be, decided it would be wise to apologize.

“Sorry sir,”

“Earlier, why did you call me Uncle Severus? How did you even know who I was?”

Harry was hoping he would be able to have this talk when he would get a chance to sit down he was hurting but just like Snape he always got directly to the point.

“You were named my other Godfather, and I knew who you were because I have a bunch of pictures of you.”

Severus’s mind was reeling; he couldn’t take in what the child was talking about. How did he know he was named his other Godfather? The Potter’s will was missing, so how could he? He didn’t even know that, and why in Merlin’s name did he have pictures of him?

“I am not your godfather, I can assure you. You are definitely confused child.” Severus replied in denial, he was sure the child was wrong.

“But my parent’s will say you are the 2nd godfather, you were my mum’s choice.”

Severus stared at the boy in shock, the real will of James and Lily Potter was never found, how did their child end up with it?

“Are you telling me that you have their will?”

“Yes, among other things.”

“How do have it? What else do you have?”

Harry was really starting to hurt and all he wanted to do was sit down. Before he could suggest anything he stumbled but thankfully he still had his Professor’s hand. Snape steadied him and told him they would have to finish this talk when they had lunch. Harry shook his head; he always knew Snape could read minds. Snape apparated them to the Leaky Cauldron where someone noticed his scar and soon his name was be whispered all around the room. He hated this even more this time around. He was soon surrounded by people. When did Snape let go of his hand? Oh well, he had a plan he backed up until he was touching the wall and slid down and sat in his defensive position, with his legs pulled to his chest and his head in his arms. He closed his eyes hoping that Snape could see him, and wishing people would move back. Apparently he could because he felt someone pick him up, and as he laid his head on the person’s shoulder he smelled Lavender and Chamomile, Snape’s robes. He hid his head so he wouldn’t see the stares and stayed that way until they got to Gringotts where they were ushered into a private room. He felt a bit silly acting like this while using Snape for a cover but not enough to stop. Snape set him into a chair and Harry prepared himself for the questions that he knew were coming.

The End.
End Notes:
Always review


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2689