Unforgiveable Sirius by Severus Draconis Potter
Summary: Sirius does something to Harry that he shouldnt and he shatters the poor boy's last hope of finally having a family. He's lost and hurt and terrfied with no one to turn to. No one but the man who has made his life miserable anyway he could. How can Snape help Harry,when he hates him himself; or does he?
Categories: Healer Snape, Teacher Snape > Trusted Mentor Snape, Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Dudley, Dumbledore, Original Character, Remus, Ron, Sirius
Snape Flavour: Canon Snape, Snape Comforts, Snape is Kind, Snape is Loving, Overly-protective Snape
Genres: Angst, Drama, Family, Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: Adoption, Azkaban Character, Snape-meets-Dursleys
Takes Place: 5th Year
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Character Bashing, Profanity
Prompts: Unforgivable Sirius
Challenges: Unforgivable Sirius
Series: None
Chapters: 30 Completed: No Word count: 105870 Read: 280704 Published: 18 Nov 2011 Updated: 11 Nov 2020
Chapter 8 by Severus Draconis Potter
Author's Notes:
I know I just updated yesterday, but I couldnt resist. This story had a mind of its own, there is no point in holding it back when I'm halfway done with Chapter 9.

     When Harry woke up the next morning he was aware of two things. One he needed the bathroom and two, someone was holding him tightly. He opened his eyes to find himself face first into someone’s chest. He was confused for obvious reason as he tried to figure out just who this was. The smell of lavender and chamomile brought him back down to earth though. It couldn't be Snape could it? He froze as images of the night came back to him as he remembered that awful dream and the feeling of helplessness. But his Professor was there for him and he even let him cry on him. He shuddered slightly in remembrance and the arms tightened around him and he sighed happily. Harry didn’t really want to move, he liked the feeling of being safe.

Shifting as his urge made its self known he tried to figure out how to move without waking the man up. Harry refused to dwell on the fact that Snape would most likely go back to treating him mean again, after they talked. He slowly kicked off the covers and tried to ease himself out of the man's grasp. It didn’t work. Harry froze as the man shifted and started to wake up himself. Fearful emerald eyes stared back into sleepy obsidian ones.

Severus sighed inwardly as he gazed back into those green eyes that still haunted him so. He hadn’t meant to fall asleep in the first place. Releasing his hold on the child he sat up on the bed, noting those green eyes never leaving his face.

"Good morning Mr. Potter," Severus said quietly.
"Morning to you too sir," Harry softly replied before shifting slightly on the bed.

He ran a hand through his hair, well this was incredibly awkward. He didn’t really know what to do at that moment. Would it be rude to just leave? What if Snape wanted to talk now?

Severus gazed intently at the boy, what was he waiting for?

"I thought you needed to get up Mr. Potter?" Severus asked referring to what woke him up in the first place.
"I do sir," Harry replied blushing slightly before standing up. Hurrying quickly he headed to the bathroom to relieve himself.

Severus shook his head in amusement before getting out of the bed. He quickly made the bed before walking to his own room, to get ready for the day.

Harry finally emerged from the bathroom having decided to take a shower that morning. Not wanting to be late for breakfast (he didn’t know if Snape would refuse him if he was). He was still extremely confused about his teacher's behavior last night at dinner, not even mentioning the fact that the man was there for him last night. Walking into the kitchen he looked around but didn’t see Snape anywhere. He headed over to his chair and glanced back behind him. Harry stood there contemplating whether or not to sit down. He didn’t have to wait long when he heard a weary voice behind him.

"Have a seat child," Severus said softly as he took his own.

He set nutrient potions in front of Harry, telling him to take them first. He watched the boy shudder as he drank them and kept them down. Thankful that their plates were already served, he quickly took a bite knowing the boy across from him would of course follow suit.

Harry finished his food fairly quickly and he looked longingly at the food in front of him. For some reason he was feeling hungrier today, did Snape put something in his potions? The real question was he allowed to have seconds?Severus smirked to himself, as Harry finished his plate. He had given the boy a mild appetite stimulant, knowing the boy needed it. He sighed when the child sat quietly in his chair though he knew he was still hungry.

"Did you want some more Harry?" He asked.
"I...could I maybe have a little...amIreallyallowedtohaveseconds?" He finally blurted out bowing his head and clasping his hands tightly in his lap.
"Of course child," Severus murmured, wondering if the wolf would be against a Dursely visit with him.

Harry nodded gratefully and re-filled his plate. After breakfast Severus banished the dishes away to the kitchens, he motioned with Harry to follow him. Leading him into the sitting room he sat down on the couch before glancing to Harry to do the same. Grabbing a potion from his robe pocket he passed it over to Harry, who looked at it casually before drinking it quickly before handing the vial back.

Severus pocketed the empty vial, waiting for the potion to take effect before he started talking.

"Mr. Potter, I want to talk to you about your nightmare last night," Severus said in a gentle voice he normally reserved for his Slytherins.
"What about it sir?" Harry croaked out.
"Can you tell me what it was about?" Severus asked.

Though the calming draught allowed him not to have a panic attack he couldn’t stop the panic feeling he felt. Harry didn’t want to talk about it, what if Snape thought he was a freak? He could feel the man looking at him, and he remembered waking up this morning to a feeling he never felt before. He scoffed at it, but for a moment he had felt loved and cherished. The man deserved some type of explanation.

"I was...hurt," he whispered.
"Why were you hurt Harry?" Severus pressed.

Harry looked up bewildered at what he heard. Did the man realize that he switched between his first and last name?

"My..," Harry shook his head and trembled as he remembered the actual beating his dream was based off of. He had been 12 at the time, right after his first year at Hogwarts.
"What happened?" Sev asked again.
"Can’t I just show you?" Harry mumbled piteously.
"What?" Severus asked shock in his eyes.
"Can you legimise me, like you did before?" Harry explained softly, his hands clasped tight in his lap.
Severus looked at the boy next to him, before taking his hand and gently prying apart the child's fingers before grabbing them with his own.
"I can if you want me too," he replied.
"I want," Harry said sniffling softly before lifting his watery gaze to Severus's. He remembered how much it hurt to have his mind invaded. But he couldn’t think of any other way. Though Snape seemed to be helping him now, he didn’t wanna bring up anything that reminded him of the pensive incident.

"Alright, this won’t hurt at all," Severus murmured performing the spell under his breath. Because Harry was actively thinking about the dream it was on his surface thoughts and within seconds he had seen it. He came out of Harry's mind with a sense of guilt, the child had 3 tormentors. He couldn’t help but think if he himself might’ve been another one.

"Thank you Harry," Severus replied, a bit unsure on how to go about this conversation now.
"Your welcome sir," Harry replied still gripping the man's hand.
"Harry was a part of this dream based on true?" Severus asked gently.
"Could I maybe visit Remus?" Harry blurted out about a half a second after Snape.

He cringed as he waited for the man's reaction. It was no secret that he hated Remus almost as much as he hated Harry or at least he did.
Severus stared at the child for a moment, he didn’t appreciate much the change in subject but he knew the child deserved an answer.

"Where would you visit him Harry?" He asked, the werewolf stayed with the mutt, and Sev didn’t think that would be a good idea, but he sure as hell wasn’t allowing the man at his manor.
"At Headquarters," Harry said simply.
"Mr. Potter, I know that you are aware of that being the current residence of your godfather," Severus stated narrowing his eyes.
"I know sir, but he can’t touch me if your there too. I just wanna see Remus," Harry replied eyes starting to tear up again but this time for effect.

He knew playing the sympathy card would work on most people; he hoped that it would tug at Snape's heart too. He felt kind of bad that he was technically lying to Snape and using Remus but it was important that he talk to his godfather as soon as possible.

"Harry this isn’t a good idea child," Severus stated calmly, as alarm bells went off in his head. Hadn’t just yesterday the boy had been asking him if he overacted to the whole incident?
"I know I'm just a little freak, it was stupid to ask for something I knew I couldn’t get," Harry replied softly before trying to pull his fingers from the man's grasp, but Snape held tight.
"That not at all what I meant, and you’re not a freak. Those muggles were wrong child," Severus said trying to soothe the boy.

Harry just shook his head; he should’ve known he couldn’t outsmart a Slytherin.

"It’s ok, I'm sorry I asked," Harry answered as the tears started falling down his cheeks. His only chance to see his godfather again had failed. Now he just knew that Sirius was gonna hate him forever.

Severus growled under his breath hoping he wasn’t making a huge mistake in this. But he honestly couldn’t bear to see those eyes filled with tears. The child was hurting, who was he to deny him another form of comfort.

"Alright, we'll go. Go get ready while I make sure the wolf is there," Severus sighed before gently ruffling Harry's hair.

Harry smiled a teary smile before nodding and getting up quickly. He didn’t want the man to change his mind.

Severus floo called the wolf who, while he wanted to see Harry he noted was also apprehensive about Sirius being in such close proximity with Harry. After assuring him that they would both be there Remus reluctantly agreed. He waited by the fireplace as Harry came barreling downstairs, and he shook his head at his antics.

"Have you flooed before Harry?" Severus asked grabbing the canister.
"Yes," Harry replied.
"Ok, I'll meet you there," Sev replied wanting to be there first to make sure Black was nowhere near them.
Severus landed smoothly before looking around the room; it was empty save the wolf.
"Where’s the mutt?" He asked quietly.
"Last I checked he was asleep upstairs," Remus replied before standing up from his seat.
"Where's Harry?" He asked.
Harry had tumbled out the fireplace and currently was sprawled on the floor.
"I hate flooing," he muttered as Severus reached a hand down to pull him up.           

As Severus was helping him up he suddenly felt pain flare through his arm and he hissed as he grabbed it tightly. He looked at the child on the floor anguish in his face as he stumbled to regain his footing. He couldn’t be late for this meeting, he knew what the consequences were if he was. Turning quickly to the wolf he addressed him.

“Don’t let that mutt near him, protect him since I can’t. Don’t let anything happen to him,” Severus said quickly already heading for the floo.

“I will Severus,” Remus said solemnly.Harry was watching with wide eyes, he knew what was happening but he didn’t like it one bit. He found himself caring for the man, what if Snape didn’t come back, what would happen to him? He felt kind of selfish at that thought and he turned to look towards the man.

“I will be back for you Harry,” Severus promised gently before he disappeared in the fire.

“I hope so,” he replied softly before turning to look at Remus.

Remus motioned for Harry to come closer and have a seat. He didn’t know what Harry wanted to talk to him about, but it must have been important if Severus would risk him coming back here.  He wasn’t going to pressure him to talk; he knew Harry would eventually get it out on his own. There was no use denying it Severus cared for Harry, and not just because he was Lily’s child.

“How have you been cub?” Remus asked softly.

“I’ve been fine,” Harry replied, resisting the urge to turn around. It was much too quiet in the house, was Sirius even here?

“Is Sirius here?” He whispered almost inaudibly.

Remus had a pained expression on his face; his cub looked so frightened as he voiced his question.  And once again he tried to understand how Sirius could do something like this? Yes he was hothead and unpredictable, but what set him off? And why the hell did he think he could get away with hurting his cub?

“He is, you don’t have to worry he’s asleep.” Remus said reassuringly.           

 Harry nodded, not at all worried. He just had to figure out how to get away from Moony for a couple of minutes. They sat there and talked for a few moments, allowing Harry to figure out a plan. He only hoped that the man didn’t insist on following him. He shifted like he was uncomfortable in his seat as he continued talking to the man. He squirmed more and more his seat waiting for the man to catch on. It only took a couple of minutes before Remus was staring at him curiously.

“Are you alright cub?” He asked looking a bit concerned as he took in the tight expression on Harry’s face.

“I’m fine,” Harry replied wiggling a bit more for measure.

“Yes I can see that,” Remus replied looking at him in disbelief.Harry looked behind him before looking back at the man, hoping the man would catch on. Though he was pretending and all he was starting to get a bit embarrassed, as looked at the man with pleading eyes.“

I can’t help you unless you tell me Harry,” Remus calmly replied.

“I have to go to the bathroom,” he mumbled fidgeting a bit more and feeling his face heat up.

“Oh, um well let me see. Stay here until I come back,” Remus replied standing up and walking out the room.

Harry nodded that he understood, already knowing that the man was probably checking on Sirius. At the present time he was thinking of what if the man locked his door, then how would he get in? He couldn’t use magic; maybe he could pick the lock? He knew how good Remus’s hearing was, he could be caught at anytime. He knew Snape wouldn’t be the least bit happy with him either.

He stood up and shifted his weight back and forth like he was desperate as Remus appeared in the doorway.Remus took in the obvious tension in the boy’s face, he had told Severus that he would take care of him and he would. He didn’t feel comfortable with their current situation; the bathroom was only a few doors down from Sirius’s room. He had checked and seen that Padfoot was still asleep but he was anxious anyway. He sighed loudly; he couldn’t deny the child this right could he?

“Can you wait until Severus gets back Harry?” Remus asked, wincing as he asked the question, already knowing the answer. They didn’t know how long Severus was going to take, and therefore had no way of knowing when he was coming back.

Harry grimaced as he nodded his head, knowing that he was a horrible liar anyway, and it came in handy now. He couldn’t wait until Severus came back; because then his chances of seeing Sirius was, slim to none, that man wasn’t a spy for nothing.

“Are you sure?” Remus asked skeptically.

“I’ll be fine,” Harry said with a strained voice before sitting down awkwardly. He wasn’t trying to lay it on to thick, but it didn’t seem like Remus was going to believe him.

Remus sighed loudly hoping this didn’t come back to bite him in the butt before gesturing to Harry to get up.

“Come on cub,” was all he said.Harry jumped up quickly as a smile graced his face for a moment before he remembered himself, but thankfully the man didn’t seem to notice. They walked quietly up the steps towards the bathroom, where he could see his room and Sirius’s. He hesitated as he opened the bathroom door, before looking to see what Remus was doing.

“I’ll be right here cub,” Remus said leaning against the wall opposite the bathroom.

Harry nodded, though he didn’t know what he could do now. He didn’t know what he could say to get the man to leave him alone up here. He closed the door behind him and locked it for good measure trying to figure out how to get Remus to leave. Knowing the man could hear him he just decided to use the toilet to be safe. Fate must have been on his side because as he was heading towards the toilet he heard a knock on the door.

“The floo flared Harry, so I’m going to go see who that is. I will be right back cub, stay there until I come get you,” Remus said quietly.

“Ok,” Harry replied before listening to his footsteps fade away. He knew he didn’t have a lot of time, and he had to move quickly. Opening the door and closing it quietly behind him, he forced himself to take a deep breath and calm down.Harry figured that Snape would be proud of him for coming up with such a Slytherin move.

He ignored the part of his brain that said the man would be angry with him for doing something he would consider being a Gryffindor move. He ignored the nagging voice in his brain that was telling him this was clearly a stupid idea. Harry shook his head as he walked towards Sirius’s bedroom, he had to do this. He had to be sure, he needed to know. He liked the new Snape but this was his godfather, surely nothing would go wrong, right?

To be continued...
End Notes:
I know what your thinking...Harry NOOO!! Because I was thinking the same thing...please review..as you can see they make me update faster lol


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2699