Struggle by AllegroAssai
Summary: A very angsty Advent Calendar.
Categories: Snape Equal Status to Harry > Comrades Snape and Harry, Snape Equal Status to Harry > Foes Snape and Harry, Healer Snape, Reverse Roles > Healer Harry Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Hermione, Voldemort
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Angst, Drama, Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: None
Takes Place: None
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Alcohol Use, Neglect, Self-harm, Violence
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 25 Completed: Yes Word count: 10545 Read: 134045 Published: 30 Nov 2011 Updated: 25 Dec 2011
Story Notes:

Snape, Harry and Hermione find themselves in a very delicate situation after the events of Christmas Eve in Godric's Hollow went terribly wrong.

 

Beta'ed by slashypotterness and rosina. The chapter length is very deliberate, I do find every Advent Calender chocolate just that wee bit too small.

Chapter 1 by AllegroAssai
Author's Notes:
This is beta'ed by slashypotterness and rosina. Thank you!

Harry woke up clutching his head and feeling nauseatingly dizzy. He was warm.

 Somehow he knew it shouldn’t be warm but he couldn’t, for the life of him, remember why not.  It was only after a few minutes that the memories of last night came back to him, now a lot faster than he’d have preferred.

 Christmas Eve – The Graveyard – Bathilda Bagshot – Nagini  … then nothing.

 His mouth felt like sandpaper and he needed water. Lots and lots of water.  He opened his sticky eyes to check his surroundings. None of them were familiar and he was on a bed in someone’s living room.  Slowly and carefully, he turned his head to the other side so it wouldn’t hurt too much.  He screamed.

 There was Snape!  Sitting in a dingy armchair, wand pointed straight at Harry’s chest.

 Horrible, horrible darkness emanated from the man. So intense that it gave Harry the chills.

 Snape had changed somehow; he looked older, paler, thinner and more dangerous. 

 “Do not move, Potter,” he growled and lifted up his wand a little more to underline his words.

 Questions raced through Harry’s mind. Where was Hermione? Where was the locket? When did Snape catch them and why?

 “Where is my wand?” Harry asked.

 Snape held up the shattered remains of Harry’s most important possession.

 “I broke it.”

 Harry remained silent for a while making a  huge effort to slow down his breathing. It failed, and he started wheezing  and  choking. His eyes rolled back as his body convulsed violently.


 

The End.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2702