Struggle by AllegroAssai
Summary: A very angsty Advent Calendar.
Categories: Snape Equal Status to Harry > Comrades Snape and Harry, Snape Equal Status to Harry > Foes Snape and Harry, Healer Snape, Reverse Roles > Healer Harry Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Hermione, Voldemort
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Angst, Drama, Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: None
Takes Place: None
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Alcohol Use, Neglect, Self-harm, Violence
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 25 Completed: Yes Word count: 10545 Read: 134044 Published: 30 Nov 2011 Updated: 25 Dec 2011
Chapter 12 by AllegroAssai

Another hour passed and Hermione was inconsolable. Not that she would tell him what was going on, but Harry was slowly getting used to that, now.

 “It’s awful. I’ll tell you, but not yet, not yet. Oh God…” she kept repeating the same words over and over again, then they heard a moan just directly next to them. Snape was back. He must have port keyed into the house.

 There was blood everywhere, everywhere.

 “Help me”, Hermione said. “Clear the table, quick. Get me a sheet.” Harry quickly levitated the dishes into the sink (broke most of them), ran upstairs to get a clean sheet and almost fell on his way back. Hermione rolled the bleeding man to the side, and put the sheet underneath him while screaming at Harry not to use any magic - it could make him worse just now - and they lifted him onto the table (on three). How could someone be so skinny yet so heavy at the same time?

 Then she ran to the Potions cabinet and quickly read the labels. “Undress him, Harry!”

 He stood frozen, watching the blood drip down the table onto the cheap linoleum floor. It was dark red and…

 “NOW!” she shouted and passed Harry a pair of scissors. He cut open Snape’s robe and vest, took off the Death Eater mask, cut a shirt, trousers and another shirt, but left the pants on.

 A deep gash went from his shoulders to his ribs and around the torso, stopping just above the waistline. Small, deep lacerations and bruises were everywhere. How much blood could a man lose before dying? Hermione came back; she gasped, but worked quickly and efficiently anyway.

 “Rub this on the wounds. Lots of it.” Harry obeyed again and started to work. The paste was thick, purple and smelled like seaweed. It was empty quickly and Hermione handed him another bottle. “Continue. Be fast.”

 Hermione opened a phial and poured it down the man’s throat while trying to activate his swallowing reflex over and over again. Then his breathing started to crackle. He heard her swear and mutter that it went down the wrong way, Severus was too far gone to swallow.

 She ran over to the cabinet again and pulled out a small packet, then ripped out a tube. She held it to his nose, then his earlobe and stuck something that looked like tape on it.

 “What are you doing, Hermione?” Harry asked and stopped creaming.

 “I’ve seen Madame Pomfrey do this on petrified people, I just hope… Keep going Harry!”

 She wrapped the thing around her finger, placed some charms on it and then slowly inserted it into the man’s nose while holding up his chin. “Harry, levitate the table a bit. Put something underneath it or something.” He did as he was told and lengthened the table legs, then rubbed the cream onto the bleeding gashes again.

 “Okay,” she breathed and put a plaster on the man’s nose. It looked scary.

 Then she went back to the cabinet yet again, pulled out a syringe, needles and thread.

 “You need to stitch it. This is magical thread, it will help the healing process. Have you ever done anything like that?” Harry shook his head.

 

The End.
End Notes:
More action again! Did you like it?


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2702