Struggle by AllegroAssai
Summary: A very angsty Advent Calendar.
Categories: Snape Equal Status to Harry > Comrades Snape and Harry, Snape Equal Status to Harry > Foes Snape and Harry, Healer Snape, Reverse Roles > Healer Harry Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Hermione, Voldemort
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Angst, Drama, Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: None
Takes Place: None
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Alcohol Use, Neglect, Self-harm, Violence
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 25 Completed: Yes Word count: 10545 Read: 134059 Published: 30 Nov 2011 Updated: 25 Dec 2011
Chapter 7 by AllegroAssai

Slowly, hesitantly, he knocked on the only door upstairs that was shut. In the meantime, he looked around himself. It was obviously a council house, and not one of the good ones. It was cold, draughty, and every door had cheap plastic handles. The carpet was brown with many stains on it.

 No answer came.

 Against better judgement (as usual) he tried to open it, only to find that the door handle didn’t budge.

 “Let me in!” Harry demanded.

 “No. Get away from the door.” Instead of doing that, Harry just stood there and waited. He heard Snape swear, but no movement.

 “I need to apologise to you, Professor.”

 “For whose sake, Potter? And I am not your professor.”

 Harry didn’t really see much chance of getting inside, but he wasn’t giving up, either.

 “I am sorry. I shouldn’t just have presumed-”

 “You were supposed to, Potter.”

 Harry continued. “I shouldn’t have presumed from the beginning. I shouldn’t have looked into your Pensieve and –I”

 “Go away. For heaven’s sake.  Go downstairs.”

 “I just wanted to say… I forgive you and-”

     “I don’t want your forgiveness, boy.”

 “You mean you think you don’t deserve it?”

 There was silence. Then Harry heard short, heated gasps. “Can I come in?”

 More silence. More gasping breaths. “Are you crying, Snape?” It felt oddly wrong to address him by his second name now.

 “You would love that, wouldn’t you? Snivellus’ ultimate humiliation. Go away, Potter, I am in no shape to talk to you right now. Go. Please.”

 Harry was completely distraught, but it was Snape’s last word that finally made him give up.

The End.
End Notes:
Hope you are enjoying the fast updates. It might arrive a little early for the Americans and a little late for the Australians, but what can I do... Sitting right in the middle. Can Time Turners be attached to fanfics?

Thanks to Rosina who is so fast. Without her, there would be quite a few mistakes and jumbled up sentences, I am not a native English speaker after all.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2702