Twelve Days of Christmas by lirio de amor
Summary: Harry Snape is in trouble twelve days before Christmas for misbehaving in school...will his Holidays go as planned, or has he mucked it all up with his father?

Based on the Challenge ~12 Days of Christmas~ by Kai
Categories: Parental Snape > Biological Father Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required)
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Angst, Drama, Family, Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: None
Takes Place: 6th summer
Warnings: Profanity
Prompts: 12 Days of Christmas
Challenges: 12 Days of Christmas
Series: Twelve Days of Christmas and Other Holiday Stories With the Snapes
Chapters: 13 Completed: Yes Word count: 11985 Read: 55156 Published: 16 Dec 2011 Updated: 04 Jan 2012
December 14: ~What Child is This?~ by lirio de amor

Severus Snape was beyond frustrated. For the third time in as many weeks his son was in detention for misbehaving in class.

Not that the fifteen year old boy had acted up in his father’s class. He knew better than that.

Of course, Severus had also thought that the brat knew better than to act up in Minerva McGonagall’s class as well.

Severus sighed and sat down at his desk with the letter Minerva had sent him still in his hand.

Harry had hexed Draco Malfoy during an exam and had then proceeded to tell McGonagall to ‘shove it’ when she took points from him.

That was so unlike Harry.

Well, Severus thought to himself, they would have plenty of time to discuss what was ailing Harry because it was obvious that something with going on with his child.

Severus leaned back in his seat and though of his child. The child that was the outcome of the love he had shared with Lily…

“Sev…I have to tell you something.”Lily Potter said quietly through the Floo.

It was Christmas. Usually, Severus would have sent her on. She had broken his heart nearly a year before by running off with James Potter and he still ached constantly for her.

Even the fact that she had a child with Potter irritated him.

“Lily… I am sure that you have better things to do than see me on Christmas. Like be with your husband and child.”Severus snapped at her.

Lily sniffed lightly.

“I am coming through Severus.”

Severus stepped back and looked at her as she walked through the Floo.

“Why did you bring that child?” Severus nearly shouted as he stared at the woman in front of him.

A tear slid down Lily’s cheek as the child started to cry.

“Why are you here, Lily? You left me, remember?” Severus sneered at the screaming child with his messy black hair. He had yet to see the child’s face. He didn’t want to see the Potter clone.

“Severus, please listen to me.”

More tears.

“Merlin’s beard! What, Lily? What more can you take from me that you have not already taken?” This time it was almost a plea. Severus wanted…no, he needed them to leave.

“Look, Sev…Please…just look at him.”

Severus looked over from the window he had been staring out of. Lily turned the baby around, placing his back to her chest.

Severus looked for a moment, silently.

Then he took a step back.

“What…what…What child is this?” he whispered harshly.

“That’s what I had to tell you, Sev. The Dark Lord is after us, and I had to let you know before he catches up to us…”

“You lie.” Severus said.

But he looked at the child and knew that she wasn’t lying.

The six month old child has Lily’s eyes. And they were beautiful, like polished emeralds flickering in the sun.

But everything else, his hair, his bone structure under the baby fat, his chin…

…It was all Severus.

“Why? Why would you do this to me, Lily?”

Lily sniffed again.

“I had to do it, Sev. I had to protect you. But…you deserve to know. He is your son. Harrison Severus Snape. James and I are not legally married. He is not biologically Harry’s father. We don’t even sleep in the same room. It was just to throw the Dark Lord off…to keep him away from you and to keep Harry safe. But, even now Harry is not safe. I thought it was your right to know that he was yours…and to know that…”

Severus looked up at her, tearing his gaze away from his child’s perfect face to look at Lily’s.

“To know what, Lily? What else should I possibly know?”

“I love you, Sev. Only you. I will always love you.”

Severus sat up again, back to reality. By the next Christmas, his love was dead and his son was living with him full time. It had been touch and go, as he had spent very little time with his son over the last year, but slowly they had gotten through it.

Now, he would not change anything about his life…except, perhaps, his son would learn to behave.

Severus heard the door to their quarters open and close, so he stood up from his desk and walked to the doorway of his study and watched as his son tried to sneak into his room unnoticed.

“Harrison.”

Harry froze.

“Uh, Hi, Dad.”

“We will discuss your indiscretions over the last few weeks tomorrow when we get home. However, now, I want you to make sure that you have packed everything you wish to take home from your room and the tower.”

Harry swallowed and nodded. He knew that at the moment, he had escaped. However, he probably wouldn’t be so lucky once his Dad started lecturing him.

The End.
End Notes:
I hope you enjoyed this!=) For those of you who read my story Backwards, this is only a 12 chapter story written for Christmas, and I am working on the next chapter of Backwards=)


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2716